Rivals

100% Synchronized

It was Chaerin’s first day in Wu Fashion Korea as a trainee. She arrived early to be familiar with the environment. The guard nicely let her in and led her to the practice room. She let her eyes wander around the huge room. Genuine smile etched to her face as she thinks of the days she will be spending in this place. This was going to be her home for several months.

 

Chaerin arrived very early that she still had an hour before the orientation starts so she decided to explore the building. She strolled in the hallways peeking at those rooms which had the doors left open. At the end of the hallway was an elegant looking door which made her curious.

She carefully walked towards it. The door was slightly opened so she peeked through it. Her eyes widened in amazement due to its grandeur. The floors were carpeted with in soft red fur, the walls were made of black marble. There was an elegant glass table and black leather seat in the middle of the huge room. Wow! This is bigger than our apartment! she thought.

Someone coughed behind her which made her jump and squeal. “S-sorry, I wasn’t intruding or anything, I just wanted to see what’s inside” she said breathlessly before running away.

Tao and Kris were left amused as they watched the girl hurriedly turn by the corner.

“Who is that? Did you hire a new employee?” Kris asked.

“Nope, none that I know of” Tao replied.

“So who might that be?” he asked curiously.

“I don’t know, I guess I’ll find out later. Let’s go inside” he offered.

 

When Chaerin arrived at the practice room, she hurriedly closed the door behind her. “Stupid! Stupid!” she said as she hits her forehead. To get her mind away, she indulged herself in looking through portfolios of her favorite models.

 

Tao and Kris talked for a while before they separated. Tao had to go and greet the new traineed while Kris had a business meeting to attend to. Tao had to leave first since he only had 5 minutes before the orientation starts.

“Bye hyung, see you around!” he bid.

Kris left after him. When he stepped out of Tao’s office, he noticed a gold charm bracelet on the floor. He picked it up and examined it. The bracelet had four charms on it; a crown, a thunder, an A+ and hanggul characters that read ‘Chaerin’.

“Chaerin? Is that the owner’s name?” he wondered. But before he could dawn on it longer his phone rang. “Hello? Yes. Okay I’ll be there” he said as answers to the person on the other line. He pocketed the bracelet and hurried to his car.

 

Tao entered the practice room full of men and women who has only one dream, to be signed as models under Wu Fashion. He heard some girls squealed as he walked towards them.

“Everyone! Welcome to Wu Fashion Korea! Where you will train for months and accomplish your portfolios. I am the co-founder and vice-president, Wu Zitao” he proudly said. The trainees clapped and some girls squealed again at the mention of his name.

Chaerin didn’t look amused. Of all people she hates, guys who look and act like playboys are in first place. She just unwillingly clapped her hands.

Tao noticed her. Acting tough huh? Let’s see what you got! he muttered under his breathe. From then on, he vowed to challenge her and give her a hard time. Of all people that Tao hates, arrogant ladies are on top of his list.

“Okay, I would like for everyone to walk for me so that I can see what I’m dealing with” he demanded.

The trainees began walking one by one. Tao thought most of them were awful but he didn’t comment on them. He was saving his nasty remarks for one girl.

When it was Chaerin’s turn to walk, everyone fell quiet. They were awed by how she strutted along the imaginary runway but after 5 strides, Tao cut her off.

“Uhm, Miss, What was that?” he sounded like it was the worst he had seen even if at the back of his mind, she had the best walk among all these trainees.

 

“That’s a walk?” Chaerin answered confidently.

“You call that a walk? I call that limping! You are like a disabled woman walking on the streets!” he remarked. “Again!” he shouted.

Chaerin tried her best to walk better this time, but before she could take a fourth step, “Stop! Again!” he was madder than ever.

 

Tao made her repeat for about 10 times and he still wasn’t impressed. Chaerin’s feet were already sore and her whole body was already shaking due to exhaustion and anger.

 

“Miss, what’s your name?!” he asked.

“Lee Chaerin” she answered boringly.

“Lee Chaerin! What an awful name just like your walk” he commented.

Chaerin had enough of his meanness. It was her first day and yet she received an unfair treatment; she won’t let it happen. “Sajangnim, sorry if I appear disrespectful but, were you even watching?! I have one of the natural walks in this room and yet you said I was awful?!” she exclaimed.

Tao smirked, as if he achieved victory. The victory he was talking about was for everyone to hate her. All the other trainees in the room sourly looked at Chaerin because of her arrogant words. “Miss Lee, next time you speak like that again. you’re out!” he threatened before walking away.

 

Chaerin frustratedly fell on the floor.

One trainee approached her and said, “! Next time, don’t open your arrogant mouth!”

She also heard another say, “she and her arrogance won’t last in this place for more than a week.”

Chaerin suddenly regretted what she said. I should’ve just shut my mouth up! she scolded herself.

 

Kris had a meeting with the board that day. He wasn’t in the mood to listen to things that he wasn’t interested in. He pulled out the bracelet he found a while ago and examined it as he kept on twirling it in his fingers.

 

After the meeting, he sloppily walked back towards his office but before he could even open the door a gentle yet cold voice greeted him from behind.

“How long do I have to wait to see you again?” a woman wearing a red dress underneath a black fur coat and a silver platform shoes stood up.

“Eomma, what are you doing here? When did you arrive?” he shockingly asked.

“Just today. I was supposed to arrive last night but the flight was delayed because of the storm in China” she answered.

“Sir, Mrs. Wu Liyin had just arrived and she asked me to free up your schedule today” Kris’ secretary informed him.

“Thanks Hyosung” he replied before turning back to his mother. “Why did you want to free up my schedule?”

“Well, I haven’t seen you for a long time, I want to spend the day with you” she cooed.

“Really? So you won’t force me to meet girl today?” he coldly stated.

"You caught me but what’s wrong with that. I’m you mother, I have that right. Let’s go” she said hastily.

Kris let out a deep sigh. This is why he did as much as he could to avoid his mother. Every time they will go out, there will always be an agenda of introducing and arranging him to an heiress of another company. Kris hated it so much. After what happened between him and Tiffany, he swore to never try that again.

 

Kris unwillingly drove with his mother to the restaurant that where she made a reservation When they arrived, he helped his mother out of the car and led her inside.

His eyes widened upon seeing who he was set up to this time. It was a very familiar face to him. She was the girl he had recently broken up and the reason why he wouldn’t agree to any of his mother’s arrangement anymore.

“Tiffany, sweetheart, it’s been a while since I have seen you. How are you?” She greeted Tiffany who stood up and gave her a hug.

“I’m fine auntie. Thank you for inviting me” she genuinely smiled at her.

“You’re like family to me. You’re always invited” she replied and her hair. “Wow! Paris was good for you. You are much prettier!” she praised her.

“Thanks auntie” she replied before looking at Kris. “Hi oppa. I haven’t seen you since the comeback party.”

“I’ve been busy” he boringly replied.

“Oh” was only she could utter. “Auntie, I hope you like seafood, I’ve already ordered for us” she addressed her.

“I love it! And it’s Kris’ favorite. Gosh! This makes me happy that you still know him” she began pairing them up.

Kris rolled his eyes in frustration as he observes Tiffany getting flattered. He knows this already. His mother had already done this so many times that he was already sick of it.

 

The whole dinner, Kris was silent. He didn’t eat much and didn’t engage in any conversation. He just sat there as he once again twirled the bracelet in his fingers.

 

The next few days didn’t get better for Chaerin. Everyone still hates her and to top it off, Tao often drops by and give her a tough time.

 

She sat on the chair in the locker room, feeling frustrated with what was happening to her.

“Hey, rough day?” a gentle voice sounded behind her.

“Yes, everyone is giving me a hard time because of what I said in the first day” she replied without looking at her.

“That shows how first impressions last” she stated.

“Really? Can’t I be given the chance to give them second impressions of me?” she complained.

“Oh dear, of course you can. You’ll see. As time passes by, you’re life here would be much better” she advised.

“Why do you sound so sure?” she confusingly asked.

“I’ve been there” she briefly answered.

Her revelation surprised Chaerin. She wasn’t alone at this life. She slowly turned to look at her and saw a very gorgeously dressed and perfectly poised woman sitting near her. She was wearing a little black fitted dress and -colored high heels. She looked very professional even with the revealing clothes.

“Hi I’m Hyori” she introduced and then extended her hand to shake hers.

“I’m Lee Chaerin” she answered before shaking her hand.

“Well I gotta go. It’s nice meeting you Chaerin-ah” she spoke before walking away.

Chaerin noticed her y killer walk that is a definite eye magnet. Who is she? She’s amazing! She hovered on wondering who was that woman and what was she doing in a trainee’s locker room for the rest of the day.

 

The following days, Chaerin felt energized. She wanted to prove that she wasn’t just all words so she worked harder than anyone else. She even tried her best to tolerate the nasty words that are directed to her. These made her performance progress in just a week.

 

It was a Monday morning and Kris’ dad gathered everyone once again.

“Everyone, as you all know, Wu Group’s golden anniversary is already near and I want it to be spectacular!” he began. “Also, just recently I have revealed that my son would be my successor and I know that some of you had doubts on whether he has the talent to handle it” he said.

Kris waited impatiently on what he was going to say next while Kangta, Tao’s dad, flared with anger.

“…so to prove to you that he isn’t just any successor, I appoint my son as the head of this year’s anniversary committee. And as head, he will be leading all preparations for the day of the anniversary” he declared, which hocked veryone in the board room. “Also, since it’s a golden year for all of us, we’ll be introducing a new line of products that will be planned from scratch by my only son and successor which will be introduced to the public a week before the celebration!” he ended and most of the people clapped.

Kris couldn’t believe it. His father had just given him a very huge responsibility; he was happy but at the same time scared that he wouldn’t be able to pull it off.

 

“I object on this! Really? An inexperienced young man would be leading the golden anniversary! And to top it off he will be introducing a new line of products? C’mon! Do you really believe in him that much that you blindly appoint him in those things?” Kangta stood up and spoke up in anger.

“Yes I am. Because I know my son is capable of doing that!” he proudly replied.

“Then how about the second heir, my son, Tao? Doesn’t he get to be appointed at something? As we all know, he is the most capable successor in pulling off a successful golden year for Wu Group. For several year, he had successfully led two of Wu Group’s successful companies, Wu Fashion Korea and Wu Entertainment” he gloated.

“Yeah, I agree with Mr. Wu. Tao is capable of doing it. He has led these two companies simultaneously. He even pulled out Wu Entertainment into failure and made it the top company in its industry!” one man stood up.

“Yeah, so for all we know, he might be more capable than Kris” another one spoke up.

“What are you saying? That I making a wrong decision by appointing my son?” he angrily expressed. “Okay let’s vote! To all those who agree that Kris is capable of doing this raise your hand” he declared.

Most of them raised their hand in agreement.

“Well, Kangta, majority agreed” he said coldly. “This meeting is adjourned!”

 

Kangta stormed out of the room with Tao behind him.

“Abeoji, wait!” Tao called.

“We won’t just stay still and get trampled on! You will prove yourself to them! I won’t let that Kris steal this opportunity from you!” he madly stated.

“Abeoji, it’s alright! I’m fine. I’ll get other opportunities” he tried to lighten up his father’s mood but it was no use. His father seemed like he didn’t hear him as he seriously stared outside the window.

 

***END OF CHAPTER***

I present to you another Chapter of 100%! I know I know, blame me for taking too long to update. I'll be more active so that you won't have to wait long. Please be patient with me and stay tuned for the next chapters.

Dont forget to leave your awesomazing commments below! I love you my dear subbies

I promise to update sooner. :)