Her Choice

100% Synchronized

The next day, Tao went to the studio early and waited for Chaerin. He wasn’t sure whether she’d show up for that episode but he still hoped for her to come. And to his pleasure, Chaerin arrived a few minutes after. He smirked as he watched her walk towards the entrance.

“Good morning, Ms. Lee” he sarcastically greeted. Although she hated Tao, Chaerin still bowed politely and greeted him back. “Chaerin-sshi, can I have a word with you?” She nodded in response. “Okay, follow me to my office” he imposed and led her to the topmost floor of Wu Entertainment where his office was. He made her seat at the sofa in the middle of the huge room offered her something to drink which she nicely refused.

“You might be wondering why you’re here” he began. “Nae, because I was absent yesterday?” she guessed. “That’s one. Would you mind explaining your absence?” he boringly asked. “I… I … I was sick” she lied. Tao shook his head in disappointment. “Is that why you were at the hospital yesterday?” he investigated.

Her eyes widened in surprise but she tried to compose herself for her lying to be effective and then she nodded. Again, he shook his head. “Chaerin-sshi, you’re lying to me. I saw you yesterday and I know that you weren’t there for yourself. I heard it’s because your brother got into an accident.”

Chaerin only stared at him. “How... how… did…” she was cut off by Tao. “I’m good at investigating things. Anyway, I also heard that you need a large amount of money for his surgery” he said.Chaerin felt annoyed at his invasion of her personal life. “Sajangnim! I don’t think that’s any of your concern since that’s already my personal life.”

“I know that. But what if I tell you that I can help you with your expenses?” He had a smirk on his face that sent chills to Chaerin's body. “Thank you, but I don’t need your help” she answered in a straight tone. “Are you sure? I can give you more than what you can earn if you work several jobs for 3 months or when you win this competition. I understand you need the money immediately” he tempted.

Chaerin just stared at him. She surely want the surgery for her brother to start immediately. Postponing it or several days might result to a more critical condition. “What do you want in return?” she skeptically asked.

“It’s easy as saying thank you” he answered. “Just quit the show. Give up.” Her eyes widened at his demand. “What? I couldn’t possibly give up my dream!” she exclaimed. Tao shook his head. “Chaerin-sshi, will you still pursue your dream even if your brother is dying?” he said in a harsh tone.

Chaerin was taken aback at what he said. Die? That was the scariest word she could here from anyone and worst, it pertains to the only family she had left. Tears form instantly but she had to hold it back. “I… I’d have to think about it.”

"Okay, but don’t take too long” he said while she was walking away. She didn’t even bother to look around because tears were already streaming down her face.

 

After that day, she went straight to their home to get some of her and Yedam’s things. She was packing her clothes enough for a few days stay in the hospital when something fell from the pocket of Yedam’s favorite jacket. She picked it up to see what it was and her whole world fell when she saw that it was her picture and there were scribbles at the back which was obviously done by her little brother. It said;

The best noona I can ever have. I feel blessed to have her. She’s only mine and no one else's. I want to protect her every day of my life. I want to grow up fast so that I’ll be the one to take care of her and not the other way around.

Noona, I will always be cheering for you and I will always give your strength. You’re the only family I knew and I would forever treasure that.

Tears were falling uncontrollably from her eyes. She felt lucky to have her as a brother and she felt guilty that she thought twice on giving up her dream for him to survive. Without any more thinking, she had already made her decision.

 

The following day, she head straight to Tao’s office to talk to him. “Oh, Chaerin-sshi! You’re back so suddenly? It’s good to know that you did not take long to decide.” Chaerin had a straight face. She was already too tired to react at his attitude. “Sajangnim, I’ll take your offer.”

Tao smirked feeling victorious. “Okay then 100 million won but you should….” Chaerin cut him off and said “I know. I’ll quit the contest.” He mockingly clapped his hands. “You’re smart. But that’s not all, you should never show yourself to anyone involved in this show ever again. You don’t want the cameras following you right? I don’t want that to. No one should ever know about this deal and you should tell them that this was all your decision” he replied but she only nodded in response. “After the successful surgery of your brother I expect you to be gone.”

“But where will we go?” she exclaimed at the sudden additions to the conditions. “I don’t know, just somewhere far far away” he harshly replied. 

She didn’t like being shut off, not even for a bit. But what else could she do? She had to save her brother and this is the only choice she had. “So today is your last day filming this show, I hope you’ll shine for the last time,” he sarcastically said with a mean smirk on his face.

 

Chaerin walked back to the models’ waiting room. She doesn’t have the energy or enthusiasm to take part in the show. She wanted to stay and compete with them. She wanted to win and reach her dream. But those are wants; the most important thing right now are her needs.

 

She stared blankly into nowhere as she gets her make-up hair and make-up done but she snapped back to reality when the stylist said that someone was looking for her. “Who is it?” Chaerin asked. “Mr. Wu” she answered.Yeah it was reality, alright. Kris talking to her wasn’t reality at all for her. He had just confessed or partly hinted that he likes her. 

The Kris Wu of Wu Group likes her, a mere girl existing in this world. Why? She doesn’t know, her head almost exploded thinking why he liked her so she gave up and decided to see it as one of her dreams; her dreams which could never happen.

 

She unwillingly walked out to meet him. Kris' gloomy expression brightened when he laid eyes on her but Chaerin maintained a straight face.“I thought I’d never see you again” he said in relief. “Well you’re wrong so you can go now” she coldly replied. “Okay okay, I know I’m interrupting you on your preparation but I’ll just say something” he carefully said. “What is it? Tell me now” she responded with a straight tone. “Chaerin-sshi, I really meant what I said last time.” He looked intently into her eyes.

“What is it? That you “think you like me”? Like I said, I don’t have time for thinking about those things.” She was able to maintain her composure but her insides were already trembling. Why does he keep on saying that? You’re Kris Wu for godsake! Find some heiress or princess for all I care. Don’t go to me! My life is a mess!

“Chaerin-sshi, just listen to what I have to say. Give me a chance” he begged. “What do you mean?” She was confused. “Meet me after the show. Please” he begged once more. “I… I…” She didn’t know what to say. “You can’t say no. Okay? Just give me this one chance.”

Chaerin stared at him. He used to be full of charisma and manliness, that you would perceive him as cold and unwavering, but why does he look so vulnerable now? Begging? Asking for a chance? She felt sorry for him or not sorry, but something else, so she said “Fine. I still need to prepare.” Kris flashed a very bright smile that she had never yet seen from him. “Okay! I’ll see you at the nearby park. I’ll leave now.”

 

Kris walked away with a smile on his face. His heart was beating fast and his body was shaking. He had never felt this way since… well, the late Song Jiyoon. It felt like a déjà vu, but a good kind and he liked it so much.

Chaerin watched him walk away. He seemed happy at her acceptance of his offer. And again, why was he happy? Why did he even want to see her? Most importantly, why does he like her? For her it all doesn’t make any sense.

 

For the episode that day, they had to undergo a temporary makeover which means that Chaerin’s hair will be dyed jet black. The pictures will be taken candidly as they do the meet and greet, press conference, and appearance in an awards show red carpet which were all scheduled that day.

She sighed as she looked at her transformed image in the mirror. “Aigoo, black hair?” she shook her head in disagreement with the stylist’s choice of color. She didn’t like it one bit but she didn’t have a choice, does she? It’s already done. She could only enjoy the long day on front of them as it will be her final appearance in the show. She felt sad but she had to shake it off to do her best.

 

Their first destination was the meet and greet with a several fans who have gathered to see them. She was so overwhelmed at their enthusiasm. She was able to forget her miserable life even for just a short while. Indeed, this was just again another one of her dreams. After the meet and greet, they were styled up for the press conference wherein most of the questions were about them; for people to get to know them more.

Chaerin did not talk a lot that day. What’s the use of even telling them things about me when I’ll be quitting tomorrow?, she thought. After that brief conference they went to the last makeover that day for the red carpet event. Nothing special happened as Chaerin already felt tired.

 

After the events, they were congratulated for doing a good job. It was announced that the best photo will be declared the next day. Great! I won’t get to see that happen, she thought,rather sarcastically. She immediately packed her things after washing up the black dye o her hair.

Then she remembered that she promised Kris to see him at 7pm that day. She checked the time and saw that it was already 8:30pm. He could’ve gone home, she reasoned out so instead of going to Namsan Park, she head straight to the hospital.

She saw Krystal was there busily reading a book as she watched over her brother. “Stal-ah, thank you. I wouldn’t know what I’d do if you weren’t here.”

Krystal smiled at her and said, “Aigoo! Stop with the drama! Of course, I always got your back!” Chaerin smiled once more and turned to her brother who was still asleep in the ICU . He already had his surgery, thanks to Tao’s money, so his condition had been stable since then but he still hasn’t woken up.

 

While she was looking at him, the image of Kris suddenly appeared in her mind. She felt that he had the personality to be stubborn which made her worry.

She contemplated for several minutes and then she immediately went to her bestfriend’s side. “Stal-ah, can you stay here for tonight? I have to go somewhere” she shyly requested. “Sure, no problem. I have nothing else to do anyway” she gladly agreed. “Really? Thanks a lot. I owe you” she replied “Stop with the thanking and you-owe-me stuff. I’m your bestfriend.”

Chaerin smiled as she nodded and then left her there. It was raining hard when she stepped out to get a cab. “What am I doing? For sure he already left but why am I still going there?” she silently uttered. Howver, she still rode on the first taxi that stopped in front of her.

 

For the whole ride, she kept on debating in her mind; thinking whether he left or not. And if ever he stayed, which was highly unlikely, she wondered if he went somewhere roofed to protect himself from the heavy rain.

***END OF CHAPTER***

 

Hi readers! Here is another chapter for all of you!

Lately, I've been loving all your comments that I was able to re-write the plot of this story. You were all very helpful and I thank you for that.

Anyway, what did you think about this chapter? Tell me by commenting below. Also, don't hesitate to make your own suggestions or assumptions as it helps me so much in keeping this story on track.

Lastly what did you think of the new poster? Tell me what you think about it. 

Thank you for spending your time reading this FanFic.

I love you all soooooo much! Stay tuned for the next ones!