An Unfortunate First Look

100% Synchronized

Chaerin and Krystal arrived at the bar.

“Galaxy?” Chaerin read the bright red sign illuminating the entrance. “What a childish and cheap name for a high-end bar?” she complained.

“Yah! Don’t be like that. What if others hear you? Do you want to be kicked out of the bar?” Krystal scolded her.

Yeah, I wish I’d be kicked out, she thought. She only replied with a boring smile.

“I know you’re not into this, but I’m sure you’ll find something you’ll like about this party” she assured her/

 

Upon stepping inside the bar, Chaerin’s face cringed when a mix of cigarette smoke, alcohol, sweat and seductive perfume smell welcomed her nose. She mouthed, “Ew…”

Krystal headed for the table where other artists were seated.

There are a group of boys who call themselves Big Bang, a handsome soloist named Se7en, some other boys who were members of Super Junior, a young girl named Lee Hi, a group of muscle men called 2PM with their labelmates Miss A and other popular musicians.

On other tables, Chaerin can see familiars actors and actresses. It was definitely a star-studded party.

“What’s this party anyway? Why are there so many celebrities?”  Chaerin asked.

“The president of Wu Corporation in Korea just got back from his business trip, after 5 months” Krsytal answered without thinking that Chaerin isn’t aware of what is Wu Corporation.

“Wu Corporation?” she confusingly asked.

“Uhh yeah… corporation of the biggest and most powerful group in China and Korea?! C’mon at least watch the news!” she scolded, getting annoyed at her bestfriend’s lack of knowledge on the most important people in their industry.

“Ohh” she boringly replied.

 

Because Krystal has too many friends in her line of work, she had to go around greeting them and on some other groups she had to stay longer to chat with them. She couldn’t help but feel apologetic towards Chaerin because she had to leave her alone.

“Rin-ah, sorry I’m leaving you here, all by yourself. I didn’t expect so many of the people I know to show up. It would be rude for a hoobae not to greet her sunbaes” she said once she got a chance to approach her.

“I’m fine. Don’t think about me. Just enjoy yourself. I’ll stay here by the bar if you need me. And if I get bored, I’m sure I can find something fun to do” she assured her. But what she really meant was its better if Krystal left her there instead of taking her around to introduce her to all of her friends. It would ruin her invisibility.

“Are you sure?” Krystal hesitated. She left when she replied with an assuring smiled.

 

Chaerin sat silently by the bar while taking a sip of her mixed juice. Yes, it was just mixed juice, she observed the bartender who made her drink to make sure that no amount of alcohol was combined with it.

She kept on twirling the stirrer with her fingers.

“Excuse me Sir, 1 bottle of scotch, 2 glasses of whisky, 10 shots of vodka and a glass of margarita, please” said a guy who just came to order.

By that time, there were already several guys who came beside her to place their order to the bartender. She ignored all of them, but this one immediately caught her attention. He was different than the others; he politely acknowledged the bartender before nicely placing his order.

Chaerin, being the curious girl she is, glanced at him. He heart pounded crazily when she saw a very familiar face. It’s Min Yoongi-sshi again! she thought to herself. In order to avoid him, she slowly turned her back against him and cautiously walked away.

When she knew that she was already far from him, she looked back to make sure that he was gone, and true enough, he was out of her sight. She let out a heavy sigh of relief.

 

Chaerin found herself at a middle of a crowded area. She couldn’t tolerate the unpleasant smell surrounding her. It was suffocating, so she hurried outside to take in some fresh air.

“Why did I even come here?” she said in a low regretful voice. She slumped at a bench in the parking lot to wait for who knows how long her bestfriend would take to get drunk.

 

To kill time, Chaerin pulled out her phone and started playing Sudoku. She was very focused to what she was doing when an approaching black car interrupted her because its headlights were flashing at her brightly.

“Aish! Who is this jerk showing-off?!” she exclaimed.

When the car left for the parking lot, she blew out her bangs in frustration and decided to go back to what she was doing.

 

“Hi Miss!” called a man who kept on inching towards her.

Since she isn’t fond of talking to strangers she decided to ignore him, but the man kept on walking. He was already an arm’s length away from her. She noticed that the man’s huge physique is covered with a black coat that was a little ragged and a pair of baggy pants. He had a messy brown hair and beard.

What alarmed Chaerin was that he reeked of alcohol. She instinctively stood up and looked around them. They were alone at that area. It was kinda dark and only one lamppost lit the street not too far from them. The noise from the bar was too loud for everyone to hear if she ever tried to scream for help.

Her heart pounded crazily upon realizing that this man had no good intentions to her.

He kept on glancing at her bare shoulders and legs, which made her feel very uncomfortable.

“I’ve been watching you since you entered the bar. My friends and I can tell that you’re alone” he clumsily said before two other men appeared behind him.

The two others were smaller than him but looked as drunk and dirty. They were grinning towards her, as if she was their dinner.

I should’ve stuck with my promise to stay at the bar. Aigoo! She tought as she panicky took small steps backwards. She noticed that she was bringing herself to a darker place away from the bar, which made her more scared.

“Don’t walk away. We’re nice. We just want to accompany you” the smallest of them said.

To be friendly, she replied, “No I’m good. I’ll be heading home, anyway.”

“That’s good! We can take you home” said the man with long messy black hair.

“No thank you. I can do it myself.” She took a deep breath before bravely crossing the street to avoid walking past them.

 

She hurriedly paced back to the bar…

…but she was too slow. The biggest of them caught her by the shoulders and put his arm around her waist.

Chaerin shrieked when the man started sniffing her hair. She managed to escape and run a few feet but the smallest one grabbed her by the waist.

He started kissing her shoulder up to her neck.

She couldn’t move anymore. For a small guy, this man was unbelievably strong. Thinking of the obvious ending of this misfortune, Chaerin weakly shouted, “Please, no! Stop! Please!” She kept on shouting while tears fell from her bloodshot eyes.

The others caught up with them and started laughing upon looking at the helpless female. One of the men started groping her while the other caressed her thighs.

She cried even more. It was a hopeless situation. She closed her eyes in disgust as she felt one hand climbing up to her chest. She knew that she couldn’t do anything and accepted the fact that it was bound to happen to her but she hoped that they’ll let her live.

 

When he had perfectly parked his black Mercedes, Kris got out and stretched his black trench coat. He looked so manly and y in it, but at the same time respectable. He noticed that there was no one outside so he immediately headed for the entrance until….

“HELP! PLEASE!”

He heard a weak voice shouting.

“Please save me!”

He heard again.

He immediately turned his head and started looking for the girl who needed help. He couldn’t find her at first glance but he kept on hearing her pitiful screams.

 

Kris hurriedly paced around the parking lot to look for her, but there was no sign of her so he went outside and scanned the streets. His eyes flared with anger and his fists tightly clenched when he saw three men ganging up on a helpless girl, not too far away.

He stormed towards them as he hoped that he wasn’t too late.

His heart was relieved when he saw the girl still fully clothed, but the relief just passed by for a millisecond. His whole body stiffened and he became more furious upon seeing the men touching her everywhere. He didn’t say a word before his whole sight became blurry from anger.

 

The man continued tracing his hand from her thighs crawling up to her waist and up, near her chest. But even before he could touch any of her delicate upper parts, he felt blood shot to his ears when a punch landed on his head. He immediately fell.

The other tried to hit the guy who threw the punch but he missed. Instead he was hit at the stomach and was violently kicked away; he also fell on the ground.

The smallest one held tightly to Chaerin as the others were busy fighting. He kept on groping her and touching her everywhere.

Chaerin cried harder, “Please save me!”

The man already tore off the strap of her clothes and he began pulling it down, but she held it tightly. He grabbed her hand and placed it at her back so she couldn’t fight it off anymore.

He managed to pull it down and expose her black bra, but before he could place his hand on it, the guy pulled him off her and started beating him up until his whole face was covered in blood.

Chaerin fell weakly on the ground. She tightly hugged herself to cover her molested body and closed her eyes in fear. Tears continued to fall from her eyes.

 

Kris sent the three men running away for their lives. “Never come back you bastards!” he growled at them. He, then, started scanning the place for the helpless girl and found her on the ground with her face tucked on her knees.

He examined how vulnerable she looked. Her clothes were torn off, she had scratches on her shoulders and her skirt was lifted high enough to expose her whole thigh. Without any second thought, he removed his coat and covered her bare skin with it.

Chaerin looked up to see who he was, but it was too dark and her eyes are blurry because of the tears that kept on rolling down her flushed cheeks.

“Ahjusshi, take me away from this place, please” she managed to utter.

The boy was flustered. “Uh… miss, where should I take you?” he politely asked.

She pointed at the bar not too far from them. He became confused.

“Really? You’re still going inside there after what happened?” he confusingly asked.

She shook her head and said, “My bestfriend is there. I’ll ask her to take me home.”

He examined her condition and he knew she was too weak to get herself there. Being the decisive person he was, he picked her up bride-style but he didn’t walk yet to see if she would refuse.

Instead of complaining Chaerin flung her arms at the back of his neck for support. She didn’t know what she was doing but what she was sure of is that she didn’t have the strength to walk by herself.

 

After a few feet of walk, he put her down.

“Thanks, I can call my bestfriend here.” She took off his coat and extended it to him. She wasn’t looking at him, neither was Kris. “Here, thanks again” she said.

“Are you sure? But you’re barely covered with what you’re wearing” he pointed out.

She felt embarrassed so she immediately covered again herself with his coat, “I guess I’ll keep this for a while” she weakly stated.

 

She pulled out her phone and started dialing Krystal’s number. After 5 rings, no one answered. It just kept on ringing. She tried again, but still, no one answered.

 

Kris was feeling uncomfortable the whole time, but he was worried for the girl he just had saved. What if something happens to her again? What if she breaks down? The thought of it makes him want to stay with her.

I guess I’ll just wait until her bestfriend arrives, he concluded to himself.

 

Minutes of awkward silence had passed; Chaerin still couldn’t reach her bestfriend while Kris stood near without looking at her.

She was about to give up when she heard another person on the line.

“Chaerin-ah! Where are you? I’ve been looking all over the place!” Krystal hysterically asked her.

“I’m outside, something happened. Can you please come out?” she weakly requested. Her voice was a little shaky as images from what the men had done to her a while ago come back to her mind. “Please…” she said before tears fell from her eyes.

 

Kris cringed upon the sound of her voice; he knew she was about to cry so he looked up to console her, but his mind experienced a momentary blank when he saw her face. His eyes widened in shock and his heart pounded crazily on his chest.

Besides the blonde hair and the tears falling to her cheeks, everything else is an perfect copy of his past love. It was like she was made in 100% synchronization with the girl in his memories.

 

Her eyes, nose, lips, her face, the strands of her hair, her soft skin, her delicate hands, her perfectly carved waist, her thighs, and all of her is…

…a mirror image

…a photocopy

…an exact replica

…of Song Jiyoon.

 

***END OF CHAPTER***

 

Hi everyone. Since I really feel apologetic for the late uploading the previous chapter, I decided to immediately follow it up with a next chapter... AND HERE IT IS! Sorry it's a bit short since I want to stir the excitement with the ending. I hope it worked well!

So did you like it? What can you say? How did you feel while reading the story?

Please please please leave your comments below. It will really help me get more inspiration and ideas. You can tell me anything you want. I'll accept them with a thankful heart!

Anyway, I love you my wonderful readers! Keep on reading and stay tuned! :)