Accidents

100% Synchronized

Another semester at the Wu University begins. Chaerin was always nervous when it comes to first days of school. Even though she had been in that school for 3 years, the first day of a semester always scares her because she had to endure another term with her classmates and try her best to keep a low profile. She wanted to stay invisible until she graduates. Why? Let me explain.

Chaerin is a very shy girl. She didn’t want anyone noticing her. She does her best at school, scores the highest in written exams, and always gets an A on her practical exams. But no one knows this, except her best and only friend, Krystal.

Krystal is a music student at Wu University. She is very popular because of her voice and looks. She met Chaerin at a store once, when a group of girls were bullying her, and Chaerin protected protected her from them.  She got a slap from a very tall girl and got little bruises on her face. Krystal was very apologetic that time, but she was very thankful too.

Krystal will often follow her at break time to know more about her. Chaerin didn’t like her at first because she thought that it would ruin her invisibility, but at the end she gave up. They are best friends for 2 years already.

“So? What do you think? Is it first day-ish?” asked Chaerin who was facing the mirror.

“Yes it is! But noona, really? Jeans and hoodie again?” Yedam said, frustrated.

“Why? This is my first day look. I think it’s awesome” She smiled proudly at him.

“Just first day? You wear the same style all year! You’re trying to be a model noona. You should try wearing something that shows your personality.” Yedam replied.

“So what do you suggest? Revealing clothes? Shorts? Tank tops? That’s not me” she argued.

Yedam’s eyes widened. “Yah! Noona! Of course not those clothes! They’re too revealing! I won’t accept it!” He always felt protective of his sister.

“Good! At least we agree on something” she joked. “Let me wear this today and I’ll wear something different tomorrow, okay?”

Yedam gave up and just nodded.

 

On the way to school, Chaerin often takes the bus or walks. But this time, she decided to ride her bike. It has been a long time since she rode this so she started wobbly and slowly, but as she got further, her biking became stable and faster. It suddenly reminded her of the time that she first learned how to ride a bike; it was with her father. A lot more memories about their parents flew in and clouded her mind, so when she turned to a corner, a white car almost hit her.

“Miss! Are you alright?” She heard a man’s voice close to her.

She didn’t know why she wasn’t badly hurt. She only felt the ache of her sprained ankle and bruises on her palms. She kept on waiting for an extreme pain but it never came.

She slowly opened her eyes when she heard the man repeat his question and realized that the voice came from the man holding her. His face was still a blur because of the sudden impact of adrenaline that she felt.

The man moved a little closer to her face and repeated, “Miss, are you alright?”

This made Chaerin jump, a man inches away from her face? That had never happened before. She immediately stood up and felt the pain coming from her ankles. “Ouch!” she muttered.

“Miss, be careful, you’re ankle is sprained,” he said concernedly and stretched his arms as if trying to catch her if she fall.

Chaerin moved a few steps away from him. She felt pain at every step she took. “I’m fine, don’t go near me!” she exclaimed.

The man noticed her stepping painfully away so he stood stiffly to avoid scaring her. “Okay, I won’t, just stop walking please. I know how painful it is just by judging at your expressions” he declared.

Chaerin stopped when she was a few feet away from him and tried to examine the surroundings. The white car was gone, her bike was broken and she was alone with a man. She observed the person in front of her. He had snow white skin, coffe brown hair and a chic pair of eyes. “Uhm… where’s the car that hit me? Isn’t it yours?” she asked curiously.

“No that’s not mine. But I know those types of drivers, they’re the ones that get into an accident and leaves the victim on the streets” His expression turned serious.

“Are you saying the victim dies in hit and run?” she asked, surprised. The man could only afford to give her a nod.

“Wait if that’s the case, what happened to me? How did I survive? I only have a sprained ankle and little scratches on my palms?” She kept on flooding him with questions.

“Well, I…” he hesitated. “I was passing by and saw what was gonna happen so I jumped to push you out of the way” he put his head down. “Sorry it hurt you and I didn’t get to save your bike.”

Chaerin noticed his torn pants showing a big scrape on his knees that was bleeding intensely. She gasped, “Forget about the bike!” she said furiously. “Why did you?!” She felt sorry for the man in front of her. She also noticed that his elbows were bleeding.

Without hesitating, she limped towards him and examined his wounds. She reached for her bag which was on the floor and scanned for something inside. She took out a white pouch and pulled the man from his wrists to sit on the sidewalk. She sat down beside him and opened the pouch.

The man saw plenty of medicine inside it. There were also first aid things in there.

Chaerin took out a white bottle and held the man’s arms to get a good view of his elbow. She cringed painfully upon looking at the wound. “This is going to hurt” she said and started pouring the liquid on the wound; it bubbled as it touches his wounded elbow.

He let out a grunt as he was trying to suppress the pain.

She stopped pouring the liquid and asked, “It hurts huh? Just try to bear it okay?”

The man noticed that her eyes were getting teary. Why? Did the wounds made her sad? Is the medicine making her tear? he thought as he glanced at the girl beside him.

It took minutes until Chaerin finished putting medicine on the wounds on his elbows and knees. She stuck a yellow band aid with a smiley pattern on them. She, then, flashed a smile upon checking that his wounds were far from serious.

The man stared at her. He felt something different with her smile. “Thanks” he shyly said. “But how about your…” he pointed at her ankles.

“I’ll be fine” she said and tried to walk, but the pain was already unbearable.

“I’ll take you to the hospital” he exclaimed.

“No! I’m fine, really! Thanks for saving me, but I really need to go” she hurriedly took little steps, but the man easily caught up with her.

“Miss” he called firmly, “I won’t let you go alone, like that. If you don’t want to go to a hospital, at least let me drive you.”

Chaerin gave up at the hopelessness of the situation; her ankle hurting while she walks, her bike broken and the person in front of her was serious.

The man drove his yellow Camaro to where Chaerin was standing and gently helped her in.

“Please take me to Wu University” she requested. The man smiled at her.

 

The whole drive was awkward and quiet. They were able to arrive on her school after 15 minutes.

He gladly extended his hand to help Chaerin out of the car, which she gratefully took.

“Thanks, for saving me and bringing me here” she said.

“It’s nothing. I hope you’re ankle heals immediately; have them treated at the clinic here, okay? I know they’re good at those kinds of injuries” he stated.

Chaerin was puzzled. “How did you know?”

“Uhm… I-I… just have them treated okay? I need to go.” He sprinted towards his car.

“Wait!” Chaerin called. “Mr. I-don’t-know-the-name, I don’t know where the clinic is, since I haven’t been there. And it looks like you know where, can you please take me? I won’t ask why you know, promise!” she childishly smiled at him.

He didn’t know why he couldn’t say no. He just walked towards her and said, “Ms. I-don’t-know-the-name, I’m Min Yoongi and yes I’ll be happy to take you there!”

“Oh, Min Yoongi-sshi, I’m Lee Chaerin, thank you for accepting my request” she gave him a sincere bow.

 

Again, they didn’t talk until they reached their destination.

“Oh! So this is the clinic! I haven’t been on this side of the school! It’s daebak!” she commented. “Thank you for taking me here Yoongi-sshi!”

“It’s nothing. Well, I need to go now Chaerin-sshi.” He bid goodbye and walked away. As much as he wanted to stay, his watch tells him that he needs to get going.

Chaerin unknowingly watched him walk away until he disappeared to the corner.

 

 

“Yah! Where have you been? You missed your morning subjects? Why? Are you hurt? What happened?” Krystal who was rushing towards her was already bombarding her with plenty of questions.

“Hey! Calm down. I’m fine.” Chaerin assured her. “I was just in an accident on the way to school, but I’m fine now.”

“Fine? Do you think I’ll believe you? Your ankle is wrapped with bandage and you have scratches on your hands, is that the image of fine?” Her voice was becoming high-pitched.

“Okay okay, I wasn’t fine until the nurse treated my sprained ankle. It still hurts now. I’ll be careful next time” she sincerely said.

Krystal’s expression lightened. “That’s better, I don’t want you lying or hiding anything from me, okay? If you’re going to do that, let’s stop being friends” she said and then pouted cutely. Chaerin nodded.

“So what happened? Tell me the whole story.” She sat down at one of the benches and waited curiously for her to speak.

 

Chaerin told her the whole story without leaving any details; the white car, Min Yoongi, the first-aid kit and the clinic.

After hearing what had happened, Krystal gasped and said, “Yah! Chaerin-ah! The guy, what’s his name… oh, Min Yoongi-sshi, how is he? Do you like him? Does he like you? What do you think?”

Chaerin was puzzled at her questions. “Yah! What are you talking about? I just met him!” she irritatingly said.

“But, the moment was just so perfect, so ideal!” she replied dreamily.

Chaerin smiled at her and said, “Aigoo, Stal-sshi, there you go again. Stop watching those dramas, okay? Stay away from it. It doesn’t do anything good to you” she joked.

“There you go again! What do you have against my drama?” she argued playfully.

They both laughed upon realizing that they’ve been ending up in this funny argument for a long time already.

 

The next day, Chaerin sighed upon looking herself in the mirror. She had to wear something different to keep her promise to Yedam.

“Noona! That’s so much better!” he excitedly commented.

Chaerin let out a small smile. “Okay, I’ll go now. Be careful on your way to school,” she cooed and gave him a kiss on the cheeks.

“Ewww!” Yedam flashed a disgusted expression.

“That’s revenge for making me change my style!” she and then left.

 

When she arrived at the school, she noticed that it was more chaotic than it usually was. Girls were lined up on both sides of the school’s gate, holding banners, which she didn’t care to read.

This crazy society; what are they up to now? she thought while feeling irritated. She took a deep breath and quickly went through the gates to avoid their stares.

“Here!” A girl wearing nerd glasses handed her a flier with a photo of two boys.

She did not bother to look at it and was in the act of crumpling it when she heard, “I can’t believe the famous duo will be here for a month! I’m soooo excited!” a tall girl with brown hair said.

Those words made her a bit curious but she shook it off and threw the crumpled flier in the trash bin.

 

She settled at her classroom. She noticed that only a few of her classmates were there, mostly boys. She looked at her watch; it’s already 7:30am. “Waa! These kids, they’re all late?” she said in a low, irritated voice.

She sat down, opened a book and started reading. She was interrupted by a loud voice calling her name.

“YAH! CHAERIN AH! YAH!” Krystal kept on calling her from the door. She was embarassed when a group of boys looked at her, shyly. Oh right, they know me, she thought. She quickly straightened her hair and clothes and said, “Hi! I’m here for Chaerin-sshi.” She formally bowed to them and smiled confidently. She walked in the classroom and rushed to her bestfriend.

Chaerin was laughing the whole time. She thought that Krsytal was cutely funny. “OMO! You are too funny!” she commented when she was already near her.

“Yah! You should’ve looked immediately so I did not have to shout so many times! Aigoo! That was embarrassing!” she quickly glanced at the boys and frustratingly covered her face. "What's with your style? It looks so different."

CL smiled. “Why were you shouting? Was it too urgent?” she asked her, trying not to laugh again.

“Was is too funny for you that I looked pathetic? You’re an awful friend!” she cutely pouted.

“Okay okay! I’m sorry I laughed. So what was it you’re going to tell me? “ she nicely asked.

“Remember those boys that I kept on telling you? The popular duo?” Krystal became excited.

“Yes, what’s their name again? Something G?” she replied, uninterested on the subject.

Her best friend was again disappointed. “Yah! I told you to look them up! And you didn’t!”

“I did, but only once okay. They didn't get me interested.” she firmly stated.

Krystal gave up, “Okay fine! I’m not excited anymore. I don’t want to continue.” She stood up. “Here! So at least you’ll be familiar with them! Their name is UG! A very famous duo!” she raised her voice and furiously left the room.

Chaerin felt apologetic to her best friend but that stuff really weren’t her thing. To feel less guilty, she looked at the flier that she gave her. It was the same paper she received this morning. She carefully glanced at it and saw the name UG printed in bold, striking colors.

“UG? Why do they have to call themselves UG? That’s so childish! Well, I’m CL! Chaerin Lee! Aigoo!” she said in a low voice. She then looked at the photo of two boys dressed fiercely and manly. They emitted so much charisma just by posing.

Chaerin examined the boy on the right. He had his black hair tied up with small cat-like eyes. “Daebak!” she uttered as she felt his charismatic eyes pierce through her. Then she shifted her look to the boy on the left, her eyes widened. “What?” She blinked her eyes as if trying to change the image in front of her. She couldn’t believe it. “Min Yoongi-sshi?” she muttered in a very low, flustered voice.

She immediately stood up and sprinted out of the room to find Krystal.

 

***END OF CHAPTER***

Hi beloved readers! Here's another chapter for your hungry hearts. Sorry it took too long. I actually had it made already but I didn't have time to edit and upload it.

I hoped you liked it! Leave your wonderful comments below. Please look forward for the next chapters. Iloveyou~! :))