New Beginning

100% Synchronized

Back in Seoul, everything still hasn’t calmed down, Although, it was a little less chaotic. After the meeting headed by Mr. Wu, rumors had been spreading about Wu Group’s big step to growth which will be their recovery point from the recent shock caused by the controversy, but no one knows what exactly was the strategy. All they know is that the Company will be recovering from such a big blow.

After leaving Busan, Tao was back to his usual self, who hated Kris and loved fashion, but a tiny part of him changed. He was soft towards Chaerin. There were times when he thought of her and most times he was waiting for her message or call saying that she was back in Seoul. But a week had already passed and there was no news from her.

Kris started going to work. However, his mind still wanders so often as he thinks about where Chaerin was and how she was doing. He couldn’t help but worry, since what was stated in her SNS account is that she was harassed. But he still had to continue his usual life, he was a Wu after all.

Kris was busy with a lot of paperwork which had piled up since he had a leave. He was busily reading, reviewing and signing each one of them when someone knocked on his door. “Come in” he nonchalantly said. He did not notice the pretty face with her brown curly hair appearing on the door.

Tiffany Lee was flashing a bright smile at him but he did not even looked up from the file that he was reading. “OMO! Oppa, just because you’re the heir already, doesn’t mean you can ignore me!” she jokingly scolded him which surprised Kris. “Tiffany! I thought Mr. Yoon was on the door or any staff. I’m sorry” he sincerely said. Kris leaned to the back rest and rested his head as he pressed his temple. He could already feel the exhaustion taking over him.

“Oppa, are you alright? You look so tired. I told you not to work too much” she worriedly said and intently observed his thinning physique. “I’m fine Tiffany. Thank for worrying though.” Tiffany sat on a chair, still worried for him. “Oppa, let’s go out” she randomly uttered. “Where to?”

“Anywhere. Let’s have you get some fresh air and relax. Kaja!” Without waiting for Kris to speak, she pulled him up and out of his office. Kris just let her since he also thought that a fresh air would do him good.

 

They strolled outside after buying fresh fruit shakes. They were having a fun and light conversation, which surprisingly made Kris feel better. They talked about their childhood memories. How Tao usually looked messy, how Tiffany used to hate Kris for stealing kisses and how Kris loved spending time with her. Yes, Kris used to like Tiffany when they were still young. He would always want to hold her hand and kiss her and Tiffany would at most time refuse and run away from him, but it would always end happily since she also felt good around him.

However, everything changed when they began following their parents' plans for them. Tiffany thought that Kris would be hers forever, Kris just lost his puppy love for her and Tao fell deeply in love with the girl who always cried to him after realizing that Kris had changed, a lot.

 

“Oppa, your birthday’s soon. What do you want?” She casually asked. “Rest? Vacation?” he happily answered. “Okay oppa. I’ll do that. Would you, me and Tao be okay?” She smuiled brightly as she remembered the old days. Kris just nodded also imagining what they used to be until he remembered what Tao said to him, “Hyung, we shouldn’t hang out like we are buddies anymore. I don’t want to be associated with you anymore! Whenever I’m with you, I feel like dying! I’m always hidden under your shadow. Whenever they see me, they would always want and expect to see you because I’m your most loyal assistant. I should always stick with you like how they wanted it to be! But hyung, it’s so frustrating to be that person! Everyone sees me as the second and last choice. Even the people who are very important to me see me like that! It’s so dark living behind you! it’s like I don’t have my own life anymore!”

Tiffany noticed the change in his expression. “Oppa, gwenchana?” Kris nodded. “Let’s go back. The sun might burn your skin. I know how much you cared for it” he said and then smiled. “Yeah, you’re right.” She was happy that at that time, they were back to being friends which was what she really wanted.

 

When they were back at the office, they talked a bit more but were interrupted when Mr. Yoon came in holding an envelope. By the looks of it and how Mr. Yoon’s expression appeared, Kris knew that it was serious. He did not let him speak and took the envelope from his hand but he said “Thanks” and smiled at him so Tiffany won’t speculate. 

Kris opened the envelope and slightly pulled what was inside. The first thing that he saw was a photo of a girl in an apron that looks so much like Chaerin but she was thinner and paler, and her hair was black. His mouth almost fell instantly but he had to resist since Tiffany was still inside his office. He slid the picture back to the envelope and placed it on top of his desk.

“Tiffany. Thanks for coming today. I… I need to get back to work. Bye. Mr. Yoon will you” he said in a straight tone. Tiffany was saddened when she noticed that the old Kris was back, cold and uncaring but once again she shook it off. You would come back again, oppa. Soon, she thought to herself, just like how she always did so that she had a reason to forgive Kris. “Okay oppa. Bye.”

 

After the two left, Kris immediately went to his desk and opened the envelope. This time he pulled out everything in it and saw a handful of photos and of all them had Chaerin on it. He felt pain as he looked at each one observing her tired appearance but the black hair really bothered him more. It was like he was looking to Song Jiyoon’s pictures and to that moment, his head throbbed again, much worse than before. But he did not mind it and kept on scanning everything. A piece of note was included at the end saying, “Busan, Korea. Taken few days ago.” His mouth was wide open as he thought, They finally found her!

He did not want to resort to stalking just to find Chaerin, but it was a Company issue and it had to be dealt with after everyone had voiced out their concerns over the poor management of their employees. And without even admitting it, anyone can tell that he was happy to find Chaerin.

 

Without any more thinking, he went to see her for himself. Riding his white Ferrari, Kris sped through the road until he reached Busan. He felt his heart beating faster after realizing how near he was. He stopped at the roadside since he did not know where to go. Due to his excitement, he forgot to ask Mr. Yoon on where exactly in Busan he would find her and to make things worse, he left his phone on his office desk. But he wasn’t even worried because the fact that he was in a place near to where Chaerin was makes him feel assured.

He parked his car somewhere near a mall and decided to travel on foot. With the pictures on his hand, Kris went around to find her. Since he left Seoul at noon, the sun was about to set after an hour when he arrived in Busan.

Kris was looking at the places where the pictures were taken but to his disappointment, not one place appeared before him. The sun was already halfway from its hiding place and the sky was a bright orange signaling that it would be night soon. He kept on walking, feeling very drained.

He can hear his deep breathes each time he took a step. For a tall person, he is the weakest since he spent most of his childhood inside the Wu Mansion, only reading books. The only time he could play is when Tao visits him.

He decided to rest for a while and stopped in front of a coffee. He sighed heavily before reaching for the door but before he could even touch the doorknob, the door suddenly swung open and there she was standing right in front of him.

Chaerin was not in the right state since last week. After Tao left the notice of transfer, she could not help but think on whether they will go back to Seoul or stay in Busan. She thinks hardly on where Yedam would be better off but it was hard to tell since Yedam still hasn’t woken up. She kept on messing up her job to the point that the manager was mad already.

“Chaerin-sshi, please take the rest of the day off. I have already received a lot of complaints because of you. You’re seriously ruining my business. Come back when you’re in the right mind” she straightforwardly said. Chaerin was guilty for not doing well but she was also relieved because she was already getting annoyed at her messing everything up.

She bowed apologetically before taking off her apron. Chaerin grabbed her bag and headed for the door. She felt something different at the moment she touched the door knob. Her heart suddenly throbbed so hard that it could break her ribs. Then, the image of Kris suddenly appeared in her mind and it lingered until she opened the door. There standing as bewildered as her, is none other than Kris Wu.

He flashed a smile. The smile that can make her knees weak and her heart go crazy. “I found you” he said with his dream-like voice. Chaerin did not speak, she  just looked away from him and began walking, absent-mindedly. “Lee Chaerin! Where are you going?” Kris grabbed her from the wrist and turned her around to face him. He saw tears forming on the corners of her eyes. “Why are you here? Why did you find me?”

Kris did not speak he just pulled her close and hugged her. Chaerin’s cheeks rested on his warm chest; it was the first time that he hugged her like this. She can’t help but let go of the tears she was holding back. “It doesn’t matter how I found you. I’m here now and I won’t let you go again” he gently whispered. With those words, Chaerin was suddenly washed over with guilt. You did not let me go, I was the one who left, she thought and freed herself from his hug.

Kris looked at her intently but she walked away again. “Just leave, Kris.” But he did not budge, instead, he trailed behind her, not knowing where they were headed.

They walked for a short while until they reached the hospital. Kris was confused, then he suddenly remembered the pictures where Chaerin was often going in and out of this place, but he did not know why. Is she sick? he thought.

Chaerin ignored Kris who was still following her until she arrived at Yedam’s room. She hated that place so much because it always reminded her that Yedam is still in danger. Everytime she goes in, a heavy feeling comes to her and she suddenly feels miserable.

Kris was confused when Chaerin stepped in a patient’s room. He did not come in but instead he tiptoed to catch a glimpse of the sleeping boy on the hospital bed, it was then that his question had been answered. She has a brother? But why is he here? what happened to him? He wanted answers but observing Chaerin from afar makes him see how much she was suffering so he chose to kept the questions to himself.

 

He stood by the door for a good 30 minutes while Chaerin massaged her brother’s hands and feet. “Yedam, do you feel better when I do this? Do your bruises still hurt? Can you hear me Yedamie?” she sadly said, not hoping for any reponse. She frustratingly pressed her cheek against his hand, trying to feel his warmth.

After a few minutes, Yedam’s eyes twitched and his hand flinched a bit which made Chaerin look up. “Yedam-ah? Wae?” She saw that his expression was in pain and he was heavily breathing, which worried her to death. “Yah! Yedam-ah!”

Kris was also aware of what was happening to him and he immediately went to her side. “Call the doctor! Hurry!” she begged and he ran outside to get the doctor.

Yedam's breaths became quick and shallow. His skin was becoming pale. Chaerin held his hand tightly. “Yedam-ah, stop this huh? Don’t let go, okay? Stay with me! Please!” she exclaimed in between her sobs.

 

When the nurses arrived, Yedam breathed very deep and exhaled loudly before he stopped moving. Chaerin stared at his motionless body. “Yedam-ah?” She can see his whole body was pale and his chest wasn’t going up or down anymore, that’s when she knew he was gone. “Andwae! Yedam-ah! Hajima! Come back! Come back Yedam!”

She kept on shouting and shaking her brother to wake up but he did not move at all. “Ms. Lee please step back” one nurse said but she did not move an inch. She stood frozen as she tightly held her brother. “I won’t let go, neither do you. Yedam, come back.”

Kris had to pull her away so that the nurses can do their job. Both of them watched as they tried to revive him. “One, two, three, clear!” Nothing. “One, two three, clear!” Still nothing. “Okay, put it to a higher charge. And one, two, three, clear!” They kept on counting, clearing and increasing the charge but there was no progress.

 

“Yedam-ah!” Chaerin wailed. “Come back! Come back!” Her whole body was shaking and tears fell uncontrollably from her eyes. Kris could feel the pain she was feeling just by looking at her. He saw how she trembled and cry, it was so painful to watch. He placed his had on the back of her head and pulled her into a hug, to stop her from shaking. “He’s strong like you. He’ll come back.” He did not want to give her false hope but he had no other choice but to, since those were the only words that she can hold onto.

He glanced at the still lifeless Yedam as the doctor and nurses gathered around to bring him back. Chaerin closed her eyes and thought of Yedam. She did not want to hear the noises around her. It was deafening. “This is the highest charge. One, two, three, clear!”

After that one last clear, they hear one beep from the heart rate monitor. They waited and there was another. And then another until it was continuous. "Chaerin-sshi, he’s okay!” Kris whispered in awe. Chaerin immediately looked up and saw the heart beat monitor beeping. “Ms. Lee, he is awake!” one nurse squealed.

Both she and Kris ran to Yedam’s side and they saw him with his eyes wide open. “Yedam-ah?” she called, tears still dripping on her face. “Noona?” Yedam answered. She could not believe what she had just heard. It was a voice she haven’t heard for almost a month and hearing it made her heart skip a beat. “Nae! I’m noona! Yedam-ah!” she hugged him gently.

“Noona, where are we?” Yedam confusingly asked. “We’re in Busan.” “Wae? Why are we here?” he was even more puzzled. “Vacation” she lied. It was a perfect moment and telling why they were there will just ruin it. She was just so happy that her brother was finally with her, so much alive.

Kris was also glad to witness this wonderful moment. He stayed silent behind Chaerin, watching her happy.

 

After that day, Yedam was healthy again. His usual color was back and his broken bones were starting to heal. “Noona, when are we going back to Seoul?” he innocently asked. “Anytime. Do you really want to go back there?” Chaerin hopefully asked and he nodded excitedly. “Okay, we’ll go back to Seoul as soon as you get discharged.”

“Will that hyung be coming with us?” he curiously asked. “Yedam-ah, he is not ‘that hyung’. Be more respectful. Kris-hyung” she corrected him. “Nae. Will Kris hyung come with us?” Chaerin slightly nodded and looked to Kris’ direction. “Of course I’ll be coming with you two!” Kris exclaimed as he sat beside Yedam’s bed.  “Really? Hyung you’d really show me your cars?! Woah! Daebak!” He smiled at the excited boy and ruffled his hair.

That simple interaction made Chaerin smile. How could this guy turn from an cold heir, to a romantic guy and then to a nice hyung in just a snap? She wondered; she did not realize that she was obviously staring at him but Kris was too observant not to notice. He smiled and winked playfully at her which woke her up to reality and made her blush. She playfully hit his shoulders and stood up to pretend that she was doing something else.

Since Yedam was recovering, he needed a lot more check-ups to make sure that he was okay. Kris and Chaerin was left outside the clinic as they waited for the results of his 5th and last check-up.

“You never told me you had such a cute brother” Kris began to speak. “Well, you never asked” she casually answered. “Okay, I’m going to ask questions now. Where are your parents?” he carelessly asked. Chaerin looked at him to see what his expression was and she saw him staring intently at her so she instantly looked away and hesitated to answer. “C’mon, tell me. I’m asking now and you still won’t tell…” “They died” she cut him off. Kris was taken aback by her sudden answer, although he already knew it.

“How did they die?” “Car accident when I was 15” she truthfully answered. “Do you miss them?” he asked. “So much… But I have Yedam so I’m not sad at all.” She flashed a dream-like smile. “I missed your smile” Kris uttered so suddenly. Chaerin froze upon hearing those words with his hypnotizing voice. “I was devastated when you left without a word. Wae? Do you hate me?” he miserably asked. She looked away and felt her heartbeat racing. Kris waited for her reply without taking his eyes away from her.

After a minute had passed Chaerin looked back at him and smiled, “Aniyo. I don’t hate you. I left for someone else’s sake. I already wanted to go back when we arrived here…” She looked deeply into his eyes. She had already gathered all the courage after going through a lot. “Surprisingly, I actually missed you, Kris Wu” she said in her gentle voice.

Kris smiled and placed his hand on her cheek. She felt his warm touch and it made her feel infinite. He slowly brought his face closer to her and spoke,“I would never let you leave me again. Just stay with me.” Chaerin felt his relaxing breathe touching her lips. “I won’t leave. I won’t go anywhere without you”, she said.

He pressed his lips against hers. Both of them closed their eyes as they preserved that wonderful moment in their hearts and minds. With every move of his lips, Chaerin felt like watching thousands of fireworks explode simultaneously above her. When she put her arms around him, he felt the electricity shot to his brain and he suddenly trembled. It was a familiar feeling, the feeling he used to have. It was rather too familiar that it bothered him a little so he pulled her closer by wrapping his arms around her waist.

Jiyoon-ah, saranghae!

Sarangahaeyo oppa!

It kept on ringing in his mind and he was suddenly confused but he wasn’t the only one, Chaerin also felt that this moment was weirdly familiar to her, too familiar.

They broke off when they heard a cough of a little boy behind them. “Yedam-ah!” Chaerin stood up and ran to his side. “So, what did they say?” At that moment, the doctor appeared behind him. “Ms. Lee, Yedam is doing great. He is responding well with the medicine and he is almost fully-recovered. He can go today” she happily said. “Really Nam samchon (uncle)? I can go back to Seoul?” Yedam excitedly asked. The doctor laughed at his cuteness. “Nae., Yedamie, you can go back to Seoul!”

Yedam jumped and cheered, “Yay! I can go back to Seoul! Yay! Manse!” he kept on shouting. Chaerin hugged Dr. Nam as her sign of greatfulness. “Thank you so much for bearing with us until now Dr. Nam. You saved my brother. I can’t thank you enough!” She cried tears of joy. “You can thank me by taking care of him and yourself. Will you do that for me?” She nodded and cried a little bit more.

Finally, Chaerin would step back in the place she loved the most. Eomma, Appa, we’re coming back.

And I'm finally back with a new chapter. Again, I'm sorry I'm taking too long to update.

I really can't find time to update except on weekends when I'm really not busy. So I'm sorry!

I'm also thankful to those who kept on bearing with me for 6 month already!

Woah! I feel so overwhelmed for receiving all your support and interest in the FF. I'm really happy!

 

I hope you'll stay even longer and wait for my updates which would take long again.

I won't promise you anything for now but please stay tuned.

 

Thank you soooooo much!

I love you readers!

Love lots

Swagdeersandvelvet