Another painful memory

100% Synchronized

Chaerin caught up with Krystal who was walking sadly towards the girls crowding in the front gate. “Stal-ah! Yah!” she called but she didn’t hear her. The girls’ loud squeals and cheers drowned her voice.
“Yah! Stal-ah!” she called again.

Krystal continued walking towards the crowd.

“Yah! Krystal Jung!” she ran faster until she tripped on a elevated part of the ground. She closed her eyes and waited for her to feel pain when she hits the ground but there wasn’t any. She tried to feel the surroundings. It was quiet. Am I in heaven? she thought.

She slowly opened her eyes and found herself looking at the sky. She tried tilting her head and saw the familiar environment of the school. She scanned it and noticed that the noisy crowd a while ago was now looking at her in agape. She became confused.

“Miss, are you alright?” a man said. The voice was familiar to her ears.

When she realized who owned it and that owner was now holding her to prevent her from falling, she clumsily stood up. Her thoughts were confirmed when she looked at the boy standing in front of her. She felt her cheeks burn.

 

“Ch-chaerin-ah, are you okay? Why were you running when you know you have a sprained ankle?” said Krystal who was running towards her.

Chaerin looked at her flustered. “Uh, yes, I’m fine” she slowly uttered.

“That’s good to hear” the boy who caught her responded. Both girls looked at him.

“Thanks for catching my bestfriend. We’re sorry for causing trouble Suga-sshi, Zico-sshi,” Krystal said and then bowed. She put her arms around Chaerin’s waist to help her walk. “Let’s go” she whispered.

 

When they were already at a place hidden from everyone else, which was the school’s garden, Krystal let Chaerin sit on a bench below a Crabapple tree.

She was still in a state of shock because of what happened.

Krystal noticed this. She tried waving her hand in front of her bestfriend’s face but she didn’t respond. “Yah! You’re making me worry! Are you really okay? What happened? I heard gasps and when I turned around Suga-sshi was already holding you!”

“Suga-sshi?” Chaerin asked confused.

“Yes, Suga! He is one of the members of UG.” Krystal replied. “Aigoo! You’re really not interested to them, huh?” she asked, feeling frustrated.

Chaerin ignored her bestfriend’s frustration.“Yah! Stal-ah, Suga is Min Yoongi-sshi! Suga is the person who saved me from the accident!” she exclaimed.

Her eyes widened in shock.“That makes sense now! That’s why the name sounded so familiar!”

Chaerin put her head down. She felt embarassed because every time she meets him she was always in some kind of accident.

Krystal sat beside her and said, “Yah, do you think you’ll be friends now since he’ll be staying here for a month to refresh some of his courses.”

“What? Really? Yah! We’re not friends, and we’ll never be, okay?” she scolded. “Aigoo! I have to be more invisible now” she said in a low tone.

 

Kris was at his office desk, feeling bored as he spins a pen on his fingers. He thought of the time before he became the president of Wu Corporation. It was very care-free.

He only needed to think of himself and no one else. He partied a lot and drunk until he got knocked up. He was always surrounded with y girls throwing themselves at him, which he often ignored. He always hung out with Tao who bring him to high-end clubs.

That was 2 years ago. Now, he has to be in the office everyday to run a huge corporation.


“Aish!” he gave up on feeling frustrated. He picked up his Vertu phone and dialed Tao’s number.’

After only two rings, Kris can hear an excited voice on the other line. “Yah! Hyung-ie! Kris-hyung! Is it really you?”

“Yah! Are you cooing me?! Shut the up okay?!” Kris irritatedly said, but deep inside he was smiling. Hearing that voice again made him feel better.

“You called me to say that? Yah! You’re really cold!” he sadly replied. “So this is really Kris-hyung! I’m so happy that you called! You never changed! I liked it!” he suddenly changed his tone.

Kris laughed coolly. “Yah! You’re still pabo! So you’re really Tao” he jokingly replied.

Tao giggled at the other line. “So what made the President of Wu Corporation call the President of one of its subsidiaries?”

He smiled at what he said. “You’re talking business with me, now?” he laughed. “Let’s hang out tonight. Arrange a party at my bar, okay?”

“Really? Are you serious?” the excited boy replied.

“Yah! Do you think I’m messing with you? Just arrange it okay? Text me the time?” he coldly stated.

“Okay okay. No need to text you. The party starts at 9pm, ‘kay? Don’t be late!” he warned him.

“Yeah, I gotta go, okay! Bye!” he hanged up even before the other person could say goodbye.

“Bye…” he heard the beep when Kris ended the call, “…Kris-hyung.” He was always the one to accept Kris’ coldness, but he was used to it. Deep inside, he knew that they both treasured the friendship between them.

 

Tao quickly typed on his Vertu and sent it to an exclusive group on his contacts. The message said,

Subject: Kris is back!

Message:Party @ 9PM. Galaxy Bar. See ya’ll!

He smiled pleasingly at the thought that they would meet Kris again.

 

“Yah! Pleeeeease, come with me later. Okay?” Krystal had been repeating the same question for many times already.

“I don’t wanna go. Remember? I want to be invisible?” Chaerin replied without looking at her as she read a book titled, Da Vinci Code.

“Yah! How long do you plan to be invisible? We’ll be graduating this year! How can model agencies find you if your invisible?” she scolded her.

Chaerin stopped reading and seriously looked at her. “Yah! You’re right!”

Krystal smiled because she finally made her think about it.

“I can be invisible until I graduate. Then if I’m really good and they liked me, they’ll find me eventually, right?” she said.

Her bestfriend threw her hands in frustration and put her head against the table, “Aigoo! What will I do to you?”

“Besides, I can’t go. I have a brother to look after to. Remember?” she calmly replied.

“He’s already 13! He can be left alone just for one night!” she retorted.

“I can’t leave him, okay?” she said in a high-pitched tone.

Krystal realized that what she said was wrong. Of course Chaerin won’t leave his brother alone. She cared for him too much and it grew deeper when their parents died.

“How about this, my cousin, Taemin will be staying at my condo unit tonight. He left his dorm keys and he’s too lazy to contact any of hyungs so he asked if he could stay there. Let’s leave Yedam to him, tonight. What do you say?” she continuously said without pausing.

“Taemin? You’re famous cousin? Shinee’s maknae?” she asked.

“Yeah, that taemin. Waaa! Daebak!” she slowly clapped her hands in satisfaction. Chaerin looked at her confused. “You know that Taemin is Shinee’s maknae? I never told you that. So does it mean that you researched them at least more than once?”

Chaerin looked at her in a jokingly cold expression. “Yeah, okay. I’m glad that made you happy” she said.

“Yes of course it did. At least you listened to me once” she smiled contently. “So you’ll leave Yedam to him?” she rounded her eyes at her, waiting expectantly at her answer.

“I don’t know….” she hesitated.

“Yah! That’s Taemin! Do you think he’ll do something bad to Yedam? Or he won’t care about him? Waa! I feel offended for my cousin because my best friend has such a high standard!” Krystal was almost shouting.

“Yah! Okay okay! I’ll go with you. But I have to get that Taemin’s number so I could call him to check on them. And if he doesn’t answer I’m rushing to your unit, okay?” Chaerin warned her.

“Okay okay. You’re such an eomma! But at least you’ll go! Yay! Let’s go together after class, and we’ll change our outfit at my unit. I’ll let you borrow my clothes” She was becoming jumpy.

“Why will I borrow your clothes? What’s wrong with mine?” she asked, feeling offended.

“Don’t complain okay! Your clothes are fine but they’re not suited for a party, okay?” she answered.

“Okay! Fine” she gave up on the argument and went back to her book.

Her bestfriend sat happily beside her.

 

Krystal and Chaerin picked Yedam up from his school and they all went to Krystal’s condo unit. She let Yedam play her Wii as she and Chaerin preps themselves for the party. It took them 4 hours to get ready.

Krsytal went out of her room wearing an outfit that shouts out girly plus y. “Yah! Chaerin-ah! Hurry! We’re going to be late!”

“Yah… I don’t think I can pull this off. It’s way too awkward” she replied inside the room. “I don’t want to go. I look pathetic!” she shouted in frustration.

“Noona! Come out. Let me see how you look!” Yedam excitedly called.

“Yah! Lee Chaerin! Come out now before I drag you here myself!” she commanded.

They heard hesitant steps inside the room and then saw Chaerin standing shyly by the door. They both hanged their mouths open.

“Noona! Daebak!” Yedam commented as he looked straight at the transformation of his sister.

Krystal contently smiled at her. “It suits you perfectly!”

Chaerin felt a little confident with how she looked because of the comments she got from them.

 

After a few minutes, Taemin arrived. They greeted each other. Chaerin thought that he looke very handsome.

 “Is she your best friend? Waaa! Daebak! She looks prettier than you!” he teased Krystal.

“Yah! You brat! I won’t let you stay here! Go away!” she scolded as she tried pushing him out.

“I was just joking, okay?” he apologized.

“Yeah whatever! So this is Yedam, Chaerin’s little brother, the one I told you about. Feed and look after him until we arrive, okay?” she reminded him.

Taemin looked at Yedam and said, “Hi dongsaengie! I’m Taemin! Let’s get along well, okay?” he smiled at him.

Yedam smirked and looked away, which got Taemin confused.

“I’m sorry. He doesn’t like to be cooed.” Chaerin apologized on his behalf. “But I’m sure you’ll get along well? Right Yedam-ah?” She gave her brother a threatening glare.

Yedam nodded and smiled sarcastically at him.

Chaerin felt hopeless. They don’t have much time to have them reconciled. She only whispered at her brother, “Please be nice, okay? He is Taemin, member of the famous Shinee! Don’t give him trouble, ‘kay?” she hopelessly asked.

Yedam nodded feeling the sincerity of his sister.

 

It was almost 9pm and Galaxy was already filled with elite party-goers. Almost everyone arrived at a limousine or expensive sports car. People were wearing high-end branded clothes and holding expensive purses. Everyone definitely dressed to impress.

Tao arrive on his white Audi. “Yo! Wassup!” he greeted the group of boys standing outside his car. He stopped the engine and stepped out his car.

“Woah! Isn’t that Wu Zitao? OMO! He’s so handsome!” said a random girl when he saw the boy at a distance. The other girls beside her squealed.

Tao noticed the girls screaming for him and being his usual playboy self he went to them and said, “Hi ladies, ya’ll look so pretty. I like pretty girls.”

The girls’ faces became red. “Then Tao-sshi, would you like to buy me a drink and get a VIP room for ourselves?” seduced the girl wearing the shortest dress among them.

Tao gently touched her cheeks and kissed her. The girl kissed him back passionately but Tao only coldly pressed his lips and immediately let go. “I would love to, but you’re not my style. Sorry.”

“What? Not your style? You flirted and yet you won’t buy me a drink?!” she replied madly. “Jerk!” The girl lifted her hand in an act of slapping him but another girl held her wrist violently.

“Try to slap him and I’ll pull your fake curls off of your balding head!”

 

The girl looked at the lady trying to stop her. She saw how beautiful she was. She had a mix of white and rosy complexion. Her hair falls with very gorgeous curls all the way to her waist. She was wearing a dress not as short as hers but she looked so y in them.

The girl calmed down and put her hands down. The boys around Tao were smiling mockingly at them. She walked away furiously embarrassed at what happened while the other girls trailed behind her.

 

“Hey Tiff! That was mean! But awesome!” said a blonde boy.

“Hey Sehun! I know right! Those es better be careful at how they act around here” she replied.

“Thanks Tiffany, I thought I’ll already get a satisfying slap this early” Tao replied.

“Yah! Tao, you should take your playboy desires slowly okay?” she jokingly replied.

“Okay, I will. Anyway, let’s go inside” he offered.

They all went to the second floor of the Bar where the VIP rooms are. They entered the biggest VIP room in the place.

 

“Hey Tiffany, let’s go” Tao said.

“Yeah, I’ll just hang out at the VIP lounge first. I want to smoke” she replied.

“Okay, I’ll go with you” he said.

They sat at the sofa in the VIP lounge and both lighted a cigarette.

“So how was Paris? Did you like it?” asked Tao.

“Yeah, I did. Studying fashion there really was great. Thanks for the advice” Tiffany gently patted his shoulders. Tao felt a little shy.

“So… Kris is back, huh?” Tiffany hesitantly asked.

Tao knew who she wanted to talk about. It was always like that. He nodded unwillingly, “Yeah, he is.”

“I guess he’s not busy now since he can already call for a party” she said.

“Yeah, I guess it’s like that. Have you called him?” Tao knew the answer to that.

“Yes, I did, but he didn’t answer. I guess he was busy at that time”

Tao can hear the frustration in her tone. He didn’t talk anymore and only stared lovingly at the girl beside him. Watching her very intently as her expression became dark and heavy. He knew what she was going through but he can’t do anything for her.

 

Flashback

2 years ago…

Wu Group and Lee Industries agreed to have a merger. But, it can only happen when the heir of Wu Group, Kris, marries the princess of Lee Industries, Tiffany. At first, they were both opposed at it. They hated their parent and didn’t like each other.

 

As time passed by they became friends. Kris became nice to her. She never saw his cold side during that time. However, Tiffany misinterpreted Kris’s actions so she fell in love with him.

 

“Oppa, saranghae!” she said to him during one candle light dinner at a high-end restaurant.

Kris expression turned blank and cold. Tiffany smiled nervously at him.

“What? Are you serious?” he meanly replied.

She ignored his tone. She put away the strand of hair beside her cheeks and tucked it behind her ears. She smiled more shyly and said, “Yes, I am oppa.”

“We talked about this! We had a deal! What are you doing, right now?” he replied furiously.

The girl remembered the deal before they became friends. No one will fall in love. No feelings. No string. No commitment. She became sad.

“Don’t show me that expression! You know I hate that! Yah! Tiffany, you’re breaking the deal?!” he was turning madder.

“Yes I am! Why? Did you not feel the same?” she frustratedly asked.

Kris put on his most cold expression and said, “Never.” He looked straight at her.

Tiffany’s insides started trembling. She could feel tears forming on her eyes. She couldn’t think of what to say.”

“Yah, you definitely ruined everything! I’m sorry. But I can’t deal with this.” He left her.

 

She cried for a long time at the restaurant. Kris called Tao to pick her up.

“Yah, what happened?” Tao compassionately asked. But he already knew the answer.

Tiffany ran to him and tightly hugged him.

He let her cry painfully on his chest. He her hair with his fingers. “You told him, huh?”

She nodded and cried more painfully.

Tao could feel a stabbing pain on his chest but he shook it off.

 

Kris and Tiffany never talked after that. Whenever Tiffany tried calling or visiting him, she will only get a cold treatment. She felt depressed.

The merger didn’t push through. Kris got a very violent beating from his father. Tiffany went to Paris to study fashion and to forget Kris. She got indulged in smoking, drinking and partying.

End of flashback

 

Tiffany rested her head on the sofa. The events were still painful for her but she learned how to be strong. She learned how to be cold and mean, just like Kris.

 

***END OF CHAPTER***

 

Hi everyone. Thank you for being patient with the release of this next chapter. I'm just having a difficult time with this fanfic because of the pictures. And i'm only using my phone to add pictures so it takes time.

 

Anyway, what do you think of the chapter? Please leave your wonderful comments below. Iloveyou my beloved subbie. Stay tuned for the next chapters. :)))