Shot # 17

Jet-Coaster Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

Before reading! I changed the title from My Girlfriend is a Model! to Jet-Coaster Love and will be (kind of) explained why at the end of this chapter

 -December 2, Three days before Yuri's birthday-

Jessica's POV

I wake up to the sound of my blasted phone alarm, snoozing it for five more minutes, burying it underneath my pillow. I turn to another side so that I could avoid the light from the window. It was a cold morning for me, mostly because of my air conditioner turned down to 16 degrees. I wasn't wearing my pajama trousers because it was so hot last night, but now it's like the South Pole here.

But as much as I want to get to a source of warmth, the position I'm in is really comfortable. I'd stay like this if possible. But unfortunately, my bladder opposes, because it's about to explode. I stand up, ignoring my bare legs, as I switch the aircon off and fiddle with my hair as I head to the door.
 

"Good Morning, Princess Sooyeon."

It was Yuri, dressed in her uniform. I haven't seen her in days, along with Sooyoung because of their workload. I just hope she can pass the finals so that she won't have to take a re-test. 

Then I realize that I wasn't wearing bottoms. Just underwear and an old Care Bears shirt.

I bet she was surprised as well, because her expression says so. She was staring at my legs, that's for sure. I felt my face get warmer, mostly because of embarrassment. But I'll let her off the hook since I've missed her so much. So I pull her arm, letting her inside my room. I engulf her in a hug, burying my head into her chest. She smells like the usual, minty. She hugs back, slowly leading me to the bed. Once the back of my knees hit the edge, we fall down, but of course, it didn't hurt. Yuri was now on top of me, so she bombarded my face with soft kisses. 

"I missed you, Sica-ah."

"I missed you too."

Then she cups my face and catches my lips with hers. For the first time, kissing Yuri doesn't feel awkward. In fact, it was the best feeling I've ever had in a while. I run out of breath, so I gently push Yuri's shoulders, giving her a signal that I can't anymore. She pulls out and looks at me, her hands still on my face.

"When did you get here?" I ask her, letting out a small smile. She laughs, then kisses my nose.

"An hour ago. Didn't you know? School is suspended for today and tomorrow."

I widen my eyes. "Are you serious?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're in uniform, Kwon Yuri," I glare at her. "Don't play with me."

"But it was just announced a while ago. I was surprised as well." Yuri defends. "You should ask Umma."

"Okay, I believe you. But why?"

"See for yourself." Then she points at my window. She rolls off me, then helps me stand up. I look out my small window and see that everything was covered in white. I see some people in winter outfits, having difficulty in walking. The snow must be really deep.

"A snow storm?" I ask.

"Upcoming. Won't be here until 2 PM."

That means she won't be able to go home easily, right?

"How will you go home then?" I ask her. She shrugs. I think where this is going.

"But Umma Jung did tell me that I should stay until the snow clears up." I knew it. "And that'll take how long?" I ask, giving her an Eskimo kiss. She grins and puffs her cheeks.

"I'm not really sure." She says as she buries her head into my neck. "But I think that's long enough to pay for those missed days." Then she gives my collarbone a short peck. Yuri sure loves kissing, not that I hate it, but I prefer the Yuri who likes babbling about everything. . .

I nod as I embrace her head, slighlty tightening my hold. In return she placed her arms on my sides, giving them a light squeeze. Her faint breath was tickling my clavicle, though it kind of bothered me, it had this nice feel to it. I don't know what, but it's kind of comfortable.

"I want to stay like this if I could." Yuri admits, looking at me with a smug expression. I smile at her, "I do too. But I'm hungry and Mom might see." then she sits up and helps me up. I stand up and grab my pajama trousers that I threw last night by my swivel chair. Yuri follows me and hugs me from behind.

"Umma doesnt know yet?" She asks as I felt her tighten her embrace. I knew what she was asking about.

I hesitate, but I shake my head. "She doesn't. But I plan to tell her sometime. I'm just. . .not ready yet." She then turns me to face her. Our bodies were pressed with each other's and she gives me a peck on my lips. 

"It's okay, Sica-ah. No need to rush."

"Thanks."

Then we share another kiss, a slow, but reassuring kiss.

 

"Snow's really piling up, huh?" My Mom says as she flips another pancake. She was at the kitchen while Yuri and I were sitting on the dining table, waiting for our stacks of the said meal. Yuri slouches as she talks to Mom and I play with my utensils.

"Temperature's dropping very fast too." Yuri states, crossing her arms. I catch a glimpse of her and she just smiles. I smile back, hiding my face in my hands. I'm acting like a love-sick idiot, God.

To hide whatever I'm feeling, I stand up and walk to my Mom. "Aren't those done yet?" I ask her. She looks at me and I pout, rubbing my stomach for extra effect. She clicks her tongue and ruffles my hair. "Aigoo, Sooyeon! Don't act like that in front of Yuri. She'll get that you're actually very lazy-"

"It's okay, Umma. I already know that Princess Sooyeon doesn't act like a Princess." Then Yuri laughs. I just can't with these two together. They should start a comedy duo or whatever. I give them a glare as I slump back to my seat.

Minutes of sulking later, my Mom pinches my cheeks and shows me a stack of perfectly shaped pancakes. She thinks pancakes are my comfort food, so she serves me these even when it's too late for breakfast sometimes. I look at Yuri and she has two plates of pancakes, only the amount was smaller compared to mine. She places each plate on her side and my Mom's.

"Can you get the syrup, Sooyeon?"

"You do it, Mom."

Them my mom laughs. "But I seem to have gotten your laziness as well." after a split second, Yuri laughs along. Again, I glare at both of them and cross my arms. I am on my period and this is what I get? Should I get back at them? Nah. I'll just make my Mom buy a lot of maxi pads. Ew. That's gross! So I just obey her and grab the damn syrup, along with the goddamn butter. Remember! Swearing is unbecoming.

For the first time, I want to quickly finish this plate of awkwardly perfect pancakes so that I could drag Yuri back to my room and cuddle some more, but I won't tell her that because her hormones might rage again. 

Wait, when did I start to think like this?

"I'm starting to wonder why you always have the AC turned at the lowest point, but you're wrapped like a kimbap." Yuri says as she tightens her hold on Jessica, who was in her embrace. Jessica playfully hits Yuri's chest with her fist, causing the latter to let out a small laugh.

It was already 11 PM and Jessica and Yuri were cuddled up on Jessica's bed, all set for sleep. The snow storm has already happened and everything was now covered in white, thick layers of snow, and it looked impassable. Yuri was wearing her Fox Onsie, the one Mrs. Jung gave her along with Jessica's tomato one, because she just felt like wearing it.  Jessica didn't wear hers though and just settled for a long-sleeve and a pair of shorts.

"I have reasons, okay." Jessica lamely excused, trying to make her way out of Yuri's discovery. "And you, Miss Kwon. Mind explaining,"

"What?"

Jessica fiddles with her phone for a while while Yuri admires her. It was like yesterday when she didn't know what the unlock function was, the cute memory making her laugh. She can't contain her feelings and squeezes Jessica in a tight hug.

"W-What's wrong?" Jessica stutters, still gripping onto her phone, as it might drop. Yuri snuggles into Jessica's chest with a stupidly cute smile. "Nothing's wrong." Yuri answers. "I just remembered something that made me want to do this." Jessica coughs. "Then whatever that thought was, please stop, because I can't breathe anymore." Or more like, she can't control her beating heart anymore. Yuri obeys, returning to their previous position.

"Okay Kwon. Please explain this." Jessica says as she shows Yuri's thread. The last message was from Yuri, sent almost twenty-four hours ago. Yuri reads the line and smiles.

"Why, do you have a problem with that?" Yuri asks, pouting. "You don't wanna go out on Kwon Yuri's special day?"

"What do you mean by a 'special day'?" Jessica asks, unknowingly hurting Yuri's feelings a bit. How could Jessica not know that it was her birthday on the fifth?
"It's nothing, really. I just wanted to take you to Namsan, y'know. . . go on a date."

By the look on Jessica's face, it was pretty obvious that she hasn't been on a date. She was suddenly filled with excitement and a small amount of fear. She didn't know how dates worked in real life, so it's either something good will happen, something bad that'll lead to no good, or maybe a mix of both.

On the other hand, Yuri was still sulking inside and kept on asking How could she not know? Sure, it's childish to think of such, but still. . .

Yuri fake yawns, "Sica-ah. I'm suddenly feeling sleepy." then she exchanges positions with the latter, making her head situate just under Jessica's head. Just as she was about to drift off, Jessica removed the hood of her onsie and held her face. She saw Yuri's eyes were closed, so she did what she think was right (and daring) and softly kissed each eye.

"So you are aslee

Please log in to read the full chapter