Shot # 14

Jet-Coaster Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

With the weekend over, students everywhere were headed to their respective schools. PUV's were packed, some opted to ride their bikes. Students chattered with one another as they walked. Some walked alone. . . Jessica was one of them.

Jessica yawned for the nth time. "I'm so tired, with that Yuri staying over." Then her face turned into some shade of pink.

Thoughts like "Are we really dating now?" or "Maybe she's just fooling around?" suddenly enter her mind. Her pace slows down, her face making different expressions. She only felt such [flustered] when she had a test, or something school related, so this was kind of a first for her.

Jessica wasn't aware of her surroundings, so she bumped into somebody.

"I'm sorry." she apologizes, not looking up.

"Oh. Jessica. Rare seeing you so late." A voice booms, making her thoughts fly away.

She looks up, surprised to see Sooyoung. "Good Morning Sooyoung." she greets, bowing her head. Sooyoung giggles.

"I know that feeling. You're hungover, right?"

Jessica violently shakes her head. "I do not drink!" she denies, making Sooyoung laugh.

"Not from drinking, silly. I meant. . . You're hungover because of the weekend, huh?"

"Well. . . I think so?" Jessica will never get the teen dictionary.

"Well. . . I am. Too much work lately." Sooyoung sighs, stretching her arms. "I'm so jealous of Yuri because she had a weekend off."

Jessica blushes. Yuri was at her place all weekend. Seoul's "Top Teen Model" was neglecting her work to waste time at her house.

"At least she doesn't get paid, right?" Jessica asks.

"What do you mean she doesn't? Hell yeah she does! That's why I'm angry!"

Jessica laughed, making Sooyoung glare at her. "It isn't funny, Jess." she scoffs.

"I'm sorry. . . It's just that. . . You're like a baby!"

"Now I'm really pissed!" 

Then Sooyoung tickles Jessica everywhere, making the latter laugh even more.

"Take this you little twit!" Sooyoung shouts, laughing as well.

"Very early for that, don't you think?"

Sooyoung stops tickling poor Jessica. "Oh hey, it's Miss Lazy-!" she shouts.

It was Yuri, the one at fault for having Jessica agitated earlier.

"So you decide to show up!" Sooyoung was pissed at Yuri, having her do all the work while the tan woman had a paid leave.

Yuri laughed, patting Sooyoung's shoulder. She was always chill; she didn't take things too serious. Unlike Sooyoung, who right now was on the verge of exploding. 

"I'm sorry Sooyoung." Yuri apologizes, still laughing. Sooyoung sighed, knowing that Yuri will never get her.

"At least I get double pay. . ."

Jessica just watches them, realizing that she never had someone like that. Someone she could slap for no reason, she could shout at for being lazy, she could walk to school with. A friend.

Jessica was jealous. She wanted to cry on the spot. But she didn't because she wanted to look strong. 

"Why are you crying, Private Jung?"
"It's because I don't have any friends!"
"All these years, you only realize just now?"

"Crap, we're really gonna be late!" Sooyoung shouts, for the third time this morning. "We only got fifteen minutes 'till first period! Goddamn you, Kwon Yuri!"

"And now it's MY fault?"

Jessica's POV

Luckily, we made it before first period. It's because of this woman named 'Sunny'. She had blonde hair, she was very nice, and she was very close with Yuri and Sooyoung. Is she a friend or something? Like a scene from a book, she was driving and happened to be around the area. Is she even at legal age?

"I'm bored." I hear Sooyoung sigh. She's always like that. I don't mind though. "Say, Jessica. Have you bought a phone yet?"

"I don't really need one. . . So I haven't."

"You're really missing out on a lot!"

How come?

"I'm 100% sure I'm fine without a phone."

"Come with me and Yuri later afterschool! Let's pick out a phone for you!"

She just won't stop, will she?

"That depends. Where are you going?"

 "Myeong-dong. Yuri needs make up and I need some groceries."

I guess I can tag along. . . Yuri is coming.

"How about Hyosung and Ji-na? are they going too?"

"I think they're not."

I sighed out of relief.

"To be honest, I'm not that close with them. It just so happens that we're in the same agency."

So they're models too? I didn't know that. They were so rowdy to be models, but Yuri is too so I guess I have misunderstood.

"So are you going or not?"

"I have to tell my Mom first." I say,

Please log in to read the full chapter