Ending the fakeness.

Tough Heart ( Donghyun )

Next morning at the school's back garden...

Dana was chilling once again at the garden by herself. She wanted to be alone for a moment, Donghyun was flooding her mind. She kept on thinking how she fell in love with Donghyun, her oppa. She was stressed about it. She can't accept the fact that she is having a one-sided feelings for him. She doesn't know who Donghyun really likes, if it is Hyorin or Dana's own friend... Mara. She kept on thinking about it but only thing Dana is sure of is she is inlove with Donghyun now. And it is a big problem...

Why is this happening? Why can't I be like Kim who have Minwoo now, they're the perfect couple. They may fight sometimes but still they're inlove. It's not one-sided... It's not confusing... It's not like mine... Dana can't help thinking.

She was busy thinking about Donghyun. She was looking for her handkerchief, it was not in her pocket so she searched it in her bag. When she was looking for it in her bag, she touched something. When she got the thing out, it was Jeongmin's birthday gift for her. It was still inside it's box. She still haven't used it since she doesn't have any holes in her ears. She also haven't still took it out from it's box. 

But it wasn't the box that she was busy about. It was the thought of Jeongmin. Maybe the reason why she doesn't really felt any excitement with him or any liveliness or even romantic feelings for him. All she feels with him is like a girl hanging out with a guy friend. It is since before already but it's just now that she saw the truth. She now opened her eyes for the truth... but not just her eyes are fully opened. But also her heart...

Someone walked inside the garden.

Unfortunately, it was Jeongmin.

Jeongmin was about to kiss her cheeks but since now she is already opened for the truth about her feelings, she dodged. And it was obvious in Jeongmin's looks that he was shocked.

Dana can't stand going out with him but in his mind and heart is Donghyun. She doesn't need more time to think of what she will do. If she will not end it, she will just continue hurting Jeongmin, Rowena and herself. its now or never...

" Jeongmin"

" Yes?" Jeongmin smiled. Jeongmin doesn't really know what Dana has on her mind.

" I want to tell you something"

" What is it?"

" Let's end this..." Dana said. She doesn't want to beat around the bush anymore. She just want to stop lying to herself.

" What are you talking about?" Jeongmin looked hurt. It was obvious that he is asking it but he already knows what she means. But since he asked again, Dana made it more clear.

" When you asked me to be your girlfriend, yeah, I thought I really like you in a romantic way that's why I said yes. But time passed, I learned that I like you in a friendly way. I'm sorry. Maybe it was kinda obvious to others even before but I wasn't opened to the truth by myself. I learned just now that I'm lying to myself. To you and to many other people." she explained in a calm way and fortunately, Jeongmin kept his calmness.

" I know it's because of someone. You don't need to lie and to make an alibi"

" You know me... I don't usually make excuses and alibis at times like this. Or yeah... That's the point, you don't know me at all. That's why It's hard to continue this thing. You don't know me and I don't know you that much. That's one of the reasons." Dana got fired up a bit because of what Jeongmin said about the alibi thing.

" That's the only problem? We have time to get to know each other." Jeongmin said while holding her arm.

Dana took her arm away from his hands.

" You heard me earlier... That's just one of the reasons"

" Yeah, and the other is Donghyun?" Jeongmin smiled sarcastically.

" Huh?"

" Don't play dull with me" Jeongmin told her.

" Im not..."

Jeongmin looked at her suspiciously.

" Fine, I realized that I like Donghyun ever since and now, I'm completely inlove with him"

" I knew it"

" I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

" I understand..." Jeongmin smiled but Dana can still see hurtness and pain in his eyes. Dana believes that Jeongmin understands. That's what Dana likes about Jeongmin... he is understanding.

" Thanks. And can we still be friends?" Dana asked.

" Maybe not for now... Sooneer" Jeongmin simply said.

" Okay then... but can I hug you?"

" Yes, sure" Jeongmin and Dana hugged and Jeongmin let her go first.

" Go now." Jeongmin added.

" What?" Dana was confused.

" Go out there and fight for Donghyun."

" I can't do that. I think Donghyun likes another girl, it is either Hyorin or Mara-unnie" Dana was upset by thinking about it.

" Think? So that means you're not sure about it? That's the problem about you... Go ask him, you won't lose anything if you'll just ask him." Jeogmin adviced her.

" My pride, I'll lose my pride."

" So, this is pride vs. love now..." Jeongmin got a point.

" You're right. Thanks again. You really are a good friend." Dana hugged him again and she let go.

" Fight for him now or I won't let you go anymore... Don't make me change my mind." Jeongmin joked.

" Thanks" Dana hugged him again and ran.

At the cafeteria, in their lunch table...

" There you are" Dana approached Donghyun, he was by himself. Dana was catching her breath. She was tired of running.

" Where were you? And why are you tired?" Donghyun asked her. " See, you're sweating" Donghyun took a handkerchief from his pocket and when Dana sat down beside him, he wiped her sweat with his handkerchief.

And Dana thought. Wow... This guy really is adorable, caring and thoughtful. I'm really inlove right now.

" I was in the school garden."

" So why were you running around?"

" I was looking for you"

" Why?"

" I have something to tell you..."

" What is it?"

" I---" Dana's heart was thumping so badly. It was like her heart would burst out from her chest. She is nervous and she doesn't know what to say. Dana ending simply her relationship with Jeongmin without beating around the bush was a lot more simplier than telling Donghyun her true feelings. She doesn't know what to do. She doesn't know if she would continue what she wants to say or just hide everything.