08.

Promises Are Made To Be Broken

"He died because of me Sehun! Because of her! Because of your sister and me!"

Baekhyun??? What does this mean? Who died because of me? What did I do?? Eunhee began to worry. With much curiosity and slight guilt for eavesdropping, she hid behind the corner and focused on what was going on.

"Hyung, you can't continue to blame yourself! Nothing even happened between him and-"

"What am I supposed to do, Sehun?!" Baekhyun's voice rose. "Have you forgotten the fact that he's gone?! How can I get over something like that..." Baekhyun was on the verge of tears, of anger, hurt, pain, and sadness.

"Hyung..."

"I feel like I betrayed him somehow... Like I wasn't a good friend. Why didn't he tell me...Why didn't he tell anyone he was terminal...I would have treated him better, I would have...I would have done something, anything, to make him happy...She should have been his, I don't deserve her at this point. I can't."

"But hyung, he's your best friend. He'd understand. You're his dongsaeng. He'd want you to be happy. And if he had told you his time was coming, you would change your normal self just for his last moments. Doesn't that make it more sad?"

Baekhyun stayed silent. Sehun empathetically placed his arm around the older boy.

Eunhee, who had soaked up all the information revealed, just stood there, bewildered. She took a couple steps back.

Who...who died? And...Baekhyun likes me???

In attempt to get to the stairs, Eunhee stumbled into the metal vents, and they creaked. 

Baekhyun whipped his head back. No...don't tell me she heard!

He quickly rushed around the corner.

But there was no one there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eunhee gasped as she ran into the vent. She quickly sprinted for the exit and flew down the stairs, giving a fair amount of distance between the reality she didn't want to face and herself. She kept running and running. She didn't really know where to, but she just kept running. Eventually, she reached a hallway near the gym where most students hardly pass by, and slumped to the ground. She rocked herself back and forth, no thoughts in her mind and everything on her mind. She couldn't accept it. She didn't want to believe it. 

What if it's really my fault? That somehow, I killed a person...

She sat there in the quiet hallway for a little while, before she got up and walked back to class. Baekhyun was in her next class; she had to calm down. 

Lunch wasn't over yet, so she was a bit early to her classroom. She was glad, as she prepared herself. She didn't know why, but she felt that she shouldn't let any of those boys know that she heard.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the bell rang and students started pouring into the classroom.

Of course, to her luck, Baekhyun is the first.

She looked up at him, and the corners of her lips rose a bit and waved a small wave to him.

He waved back, but he didn't return the small form a smile, and sat down in his seat and played with his phone until the class began again.

In reality, he was just opening and closing apps, pretending to have something to do. He couldn't focus on anything.

What if Eunhee heard? Knowing her, she'd probably break out in a cold sweat thinking it's her fault. Ugh, why did Sehun bring her, dammit! 

Class began, and Baekhyun stole a quick glance at Eunhee every so often, jittery and unable to keep still.

"Byun Baekhyun, do you need something?" the teacher called out, slightly irritated that class was being interrupted.

"Uh...yeah, may I go to the bathroom?" he pretended he couldn't keep it in.

The teacher sighed. 

"Why didn't you go during lunch? Take the pass with you."

Baekhyun bowed in apology and made his way to the boys' bathroom.

Once he got there, he turned the sink on and splashed cool water onto his face.

It's okay...maybe she didn't hear...maybe I'm just psyching myself out...I hope.

The end of the day arrived, and school was dismissed. Eunhee waited for Soojin at the front yard. She was ready to hide behind some trees if she saw any of the Exo boys. Thankfully, Soojin showed up quick, and they headed home.

Soojin noticed Eunhee was too quiet.

"Hey what's up? You're kinda pale...I mean, you're normally very pale, but you look like a piece of brand new white paper." Soojin said, concerned.

"Huh? Oh uh, nothing. I, um...got my AP Psychology test grade back. I got a 96 on it."

"Whoa really? Are you freaking kidding me Eunhee?? I got a 87! And half the school who took it got like, a 79 or something!"

"Haha, yeah I know. But you know my parents. Straight A's."

"Well, they need to loosen up. And you need to tell me the truth. You can't lie to me, Eunhee. I know you too well."

"No I'm serious! Nothing happened, I swea-"

"WAIT! Let me guess. You had your first kiss today?!" Soojin perked up a bit.

"...No."

"Oh..." Soojin said, a little deflated.

"Well, I expect you tell me sometime soon. But anyways, wanna come over and do homework? My parents aren't home, so you can sleepover. They're in Taiwan for business. I kinda don't have any dinner prepared though. But I have some money we could use to buy food and shop."

Eunhee thought about it quickly. She definitely didn't want to be home alone with Sehun, in case he asked her anything. Or in case his friends came over. 

"Sure. I'll come." Eunhee smiled in relief, and was looking forward to taking her mind off the unsettling truth she discovered today.


A/N: WELL HELLO THERE! Long time no see....It's been almost an entire year since my last update! I kinda lost my will to write. But I'm back! Hopefully I'll stay more committed...I'll try, I promise :)

Anyways, Got7 has been my favorite recently and Jackson is supposed to be my bias, but Kim freaking Yugyeom is ruining my life right now omg <3 And their comeback, If You Do, oh mah gawd, it's literally beauty walking on two legs. No wait, that's Yugyeom.

150922_got7_03.jpg

Want a life update on me? I'm doing color guard again, and I have my biggest competition of the season this weekend! Lots of good bands are going to be there, and I hope my team and I get best guard.... But I'm not looking forward to waking up at 8 in the morning on Saturday and spending the whole day spinning and tossing and 3 hours on a bus with band people, and getting back on Sunday morning at 2 am.

But it's what I do. 

Spin. Eat. Sleep. Repeat <3