04

Promises Are Made To Be Broken

Wiping her tears away from her eyes, Eunhee slowly made her way back to her next classroom. When she reached the room, her eyes had already dried up and she looked perfectly fine. She sat down in her seat next to Baekhyun, trying her best to keep her feelings down. People did not need to know that she was crying, and even more so they did not need to know that it was Baekhyun she was crying about. Baekhyun's name would probably be tarnished. 

The bell rang, dismissing the students, and Eunhee left the classroom without a word. Even if she barely talked to people other than Soojin anyway. She was walking in the hallways to her afterschool activity when she felt cold hands covering and pulled her into the dark janitor's closet. She started screaming and tried biting the person's hand, but the person did not falter. A dirty cloth gagged her and her hands were tied up with a piece of rope. Loosely, but they were tied nonetheless. Eunhee's eyes started to water, for she was scared to death about what was to happen to her. She started to whimper, wordlessly begging to be released.

"You might want to keep quiet, little girl. We don't want to be caught now do we?" A voice rang through the darkness, striking even more fear through Eunhee's body.

"Somebody please...save me..."

"I know what you're thinking," the boy said again. "You're begging for someone to save you, right? That help isn't going to come, girl. Everyone has already gone home. You're stuck here, kid. Don't worry, I don't bite. as long as you don't anger me, that is." He laughs. "I just thought that maybe you needed to be punished. Punished for being born into our world because you sure as hell don't belong here. Here at school or at home. I know what you're home is like."

Eunhee panicked. "He..he knows? N-No..he shouldn't know..."

"You and your family are broken. You get abused at home, don't you?" The boy said. "Okay good...he doesn't know..."

"That's the only explanation as to why you're so ugly and weak. You're a freak. You shouldn't have been born into the world," the boy snickered. "You are a failure and you need to be reminded of that. Don't even try to talk to our school's boy. Baekhyun doesn't like you, he told me myself. So back off!" The boy snarled in Eunhee's face, and slapped her. Eunhee's tears fell harder, but not because of the fear or pain. Not anymore. She was crying for this boy. This lost boy who was angry, angry at what? She doesn't know. But she felt bad for him. 

Eunhee felt a cold piece of metal against her wrist above the rope. Her tears were now falling for fear. "No...no!! Please! Don't! I can't go home with that! Please, no!" She begged mentally, blindly kicking her feet out in the darkness. But the grip on her arms painfully tightened, leaving Eunhee in a whimpering mess.

"I would keep quiet and comply if I were you," the boy hissed into her ear, sending chills down her back. The knife slide slowly against her skin, blood seeping out and staining the floor underneath them. Eunhee thrashed around, hoping to loosen the boy's grip on her. The boy cut her three more times.

"One for being a failure. Another for being born. The third for coming to this school, and the fourth for talking to Baekhyun. I suggest you keep yourself in the shadows if you don't want anymore cuts from me," the boy whispered into her ears. He slapped and punched the girl, and threw her roughly into the wall. She bumped into the shelf, making the bottles and boxes falling on top of her. Laying on her side, she looked up at where she had last felt movement. "Kim Eunhee, get lost!"

"Somebody please...save me.."

At that moment, the door opened, blinding Eunhee. She closed her eyes, because she wasn't able to look through her teary eyes anyway. She heard a body thump and a punch being thrown.

"I suggest you leave that girl alone from now on. Stay away from her," a voice said.

 "B-Baekhyun?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school bell had rung, dismissing the students to go home. Baekhyun headed for the school yard to wait for his friends. He wanted to make sure Eunhee left school safely.

A few moments later, someone pounced on Baekhyun's back. Baekhyun faltered and fell to the ground.

"Park Chanyeol, I swear..." Baekhyun quickly said, immediately recognizing Chanyeol's weight and laughter, considering he almost always did this to Baekhyun.

"Swearing is not good, Baekhyun!" He responded with a huge smile on his face. Baekhyun groaned but he couldn't stay angry, and the two boys got into a mini wrestling match. The victorious Chanyeol jumped off of Baekhyun and danced around the boy. Baekhyun smiled and attacked him again.

"I seriously think you two should start dating." Kyungsoo said, smiling at the two as the group of boys walked up to them.

"Shut up, Kyungsoo. We're not like that." Baekhyun insisted.

"What? I thought we had something special," Chanyeol said with a terrible puppy face. Baekhyun playfully punched the boy on the arm. Chanyeol's puupy face soon turned into a sad child's face. Baekhyun smiled and ruffled Chanyeol's hair.

"Well, we should get going. We shouldn't stay longer than we should," Suho said after glancing at his watch.

"Who wears watches anymore..." Kai muttered. 

"Kim Jongin, I heard that!" Suho said, smacking Kai upside the head. Kai grumbled but quickly found himself smiling again when Kyungsoo pecked him on the cheek trying to comfort the younger boy.

The boys walked off, with an exception of Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who both had afterschool activities to attend to.

When they were alone again, the atmosphere turned more serious.

"How are you holding up...?" Chanyeol asked quietly.

"I don't know. I feel like I can't do it anymore...I'm going to break soon, Chanyeol..." Baekhyun replied somberly. The two friends embraced each other. 

"It's okay, Baek...it's okay..." Chanyeol patted Baekhyun on the back.

"I can't keep this promise much longer...she needs protection! And he isn't even here to protect her!" Baekhyun screamed, tears streaming out of his eyes.

"Baek...don't think about it...the past is the past..." Chanyeol started to panic. Baekhyun couldn't act this way. He needed to get over this.

"Yeah...yeah, you're right...but it's so hard and it hurts..."

Yeah, I know buddy. I know." Chanyeol hugged Baekhyun again. "Let's get back to music club, okay?"

"Yeah. See you later bro...I gotta cool down," Baekhyun said queitly. Chanyeol waved to him with a huge smile on his face. It would take a lot for the happy virus to wipe that smile off his goofy face. Baekhyun walked off towards nowhere in particular; He needed to calm down.

He was walking down a quiet hallway when he noticed a white and pink handkerchief.

"Kim Eunsong?" He read the monogram. "No one at school goes by Kim Eunsong...she must be a new student or something." Baekhyun put the cloth into his school uniform pocket. As he was about to walk off, he heard voices coming from the janitors closet. 

"I thought no one was allowed in the janitor's closet afterschool..." He thought to himself. He put his ear up to the door.

"I would keep quiet, little girl," a voice was barely heard. Then silence and a bit of shuffling.

"One for being a failure. Another for being born. The third for coming to this school, and the fourth for talking to Baekhyun. I suggest you keep yourself in the shadows if you don't want anymore cuts from me." 

"Cuts? Who is this?" Baekhhyun wondered.

"Kim Eunhee, get lost!" The voice said.

"Eunhee! No!" Baekhyun exclaimed. He didn't care anymore. Eunhee was hurt, and she needed him. Now.

Baekhyun kicked the door open and saw a crying Eunhee tied up and blood on the floor and a masked boy in their school uniform with a knife covered in blood. He punched the boy with an unknown force inside of him.

"I suggest you leave that girl alone from now on. Stay away from her," Baekhyun said angrily.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her. No one. Touches. My. Eunhee."


A/N: I have to go on vacation soon so here's a quick update for you readers and yeah. Baekhyun meets Eunhee! :o