05

Promises Are Made To Be Broken

"B-Baekhyun?"

After hearing shuffling and footsteps running away from the closet, Eunhee felt someone's kind arms surround her into a gentle hug.

"It's okay. He's gone now," Baekhyun said, patting her lightly. All Eunhee could do was nod her head slightly and wonder why Baekhyun even bothered to save her. 

Baekhyun gave Eunhee his handkerchief after untying her wrists for her to wipe her eyes, and when she was ready he lead her to an empty classroom.

"Are you okay?" He asked. 

"Yes, t-thank you."

And a silence developed between them. It didn't least very long.

"W-why did you help me?" Eunhee cautiously asked.

Baekhyun paused momentarily. 

"Because you were in danger." Baekhyun said as he handed her a few band-aids.

"Oh... Anyway, thank you..." Eunhee bowed slightly and left the classroom. She was already in the bathroom when she realized she still had Baekhyun's handkerchief in her hand. "I'll have to return this to him..."

She neatly folded the cloth and slipped it into her uniform pocket before anyone noticed. She washed her face and wrists, put the band-aids over her wrist and tied her sweater over the blood-stained part of her skirt. She ran out of the bathroom to her club and after being yelled at for being late to her activity, she sat down hoping nothing was noticeable.

She did her best at paying attention to her work for the school paper, but her attempts failed. She was so curious as to why Baekhyun helped her. She thought he hated her and he was the person she least expected to save her, much or less being saved by anyone.

The bell rang, dismissing the students from school to home. Eunhee cautiously left the classroom, making sure to walk near people considering what had just happened to her. She was given harsh glares and threats and was pushed around, but she was more than happy to accept them. Anything was okay with her, as long as it wasn't what she faced an hour ago. 

She walked the painful walk back home, and when she got home she quickly went to her room. She cleaned her cuts and hand washed her skirt. There was a faint stain, but it could last unseen by anyone until the day her clothes would be washed. Thankfully, the skirts for the school uniform were not white.

Just then, someone knocked on her door. Eunhee's heart stopped.

"Eun-ah, come down for dinner, okay?" A beautiful voice said through the closed door.

"Okay, I'll be right down Mom." Eunhee replied as she started to breathe again. She hung her skirt up to air dry and walked out of her bedroom. 

As she was settling down in her seat at the dinner table, Sehun came in with his icy stare and sat in front of Eunhee. She uncomfortably shifted in her seat and darted her eyes up to meet his cold ones. She quickly looked back on her empty plate and watched her maid place her food onto her plate.

Fifteen minutes into their dinner, their father spoke.

"Your mother and I will be leaving for our business in America. It is time that we go back to our real life. You two can have four months alone here. It isn't your time to come back yet."

"Honey, don't speak so harshly. Sehun still needs to adjust to us." Their mother spoke.

Their father sighed. 

"Yes I know, but they both should accept their life soon. They can't be hidden forever."

"Which is why we are going without them! Let's wait another year. Okay?" 

"...Fine but only one! That will absolutely be the end of this." Their father said. "You two hear me?"

"Yes Father." The two siblings replied.

"Good." He said as he left the table.

Later that night, as Eunhee laid on her bed, she thought about her life back in America. Her real self would be able to come out again and she was ready. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun stared the boy down and watched as he ran away from the closet terrified. He momentarily paused to calm himself down, but when he realized that Eunhee was there crying and scared, he rushed over to her and untied her wrists.

"It's okay. He's gone now." He said as he was hugging Eunhee.

"I won't let anyone hurt you like that again." He thought as he eyed the cuts on her wrists. He handed his handkerchief to Eunhee and lead her to an empty classroom. 

"Are you okay?" Baekhyun asked thourghly concerned.

"Yes, t-thank you..." She replied in a small voice.


"How dare that kid hurt my Eunhee! She's so scared now and why would anyone want to hurt her? She has never done anything to you! I swear, kid, if I ever see you again I will find you and kill you in your sleep and slit your throat and let your blood flow until you have the least possible amount of blood in you and sell your organs and feed the remains of you to the sharks and, and, and you won't ever live to see daylight ever again! And if you even get within a 30 foot range of Eunhee..."

"W-why did you help me...?" Eunhee asked quietly, interrupting his thoughts.


"Why did I help you? Because I like you and I can't stand seeing you be like this. You don't deserve to be looked down upon by the other kids and you're beautiful and so so so amazing and pretty and kind and smart and your smiles make my world so much brighter and if anything ever happened to you I would break down and straight up bawl and..."

"Because you were in danger." He stated finally as he handed her band-aids.

"Oh... Anyway, thank you..." Eunhee said before she ran out of the classroom. Baekhyun started to run after her but stopped himself when he saw Chanyeol staring at him from the other end of the hallway. Chanyeol made his way towards Baekhyun. He stood frozen, as he didn't know what to say to Chanyeol. But by then, Chanyeol was already before him.

"Why did you talk to her? You just made it worse, Baekhyun." Chanyeol said quietly but firmly. Baekhyun knew Chanyeol was angry. Chanyeol never spoke quietly nor had lasers shooting out of his eyes.

"I know, I know! But she doesn't know anything! All she knows is that I happened to be there and saved her! This stupid kid thought it was okay to just punch her and kick her and cut her. Didn't you see those bruises? My job is to stay away from her, but it's also my job to protect her. You know that's what he wanted." Baekhyun said desperately.

Chanyeol was quiet for a moment, but his eyes were now calmer. Baekhyun knew he got Chanyeol's approval.

"Okay well, I'm glad she's okay and that you are too. But be careful in the future." Chanyeol said. "When I walk out of this room, it will be like I never saw this."

Chanyeol left the room and the moment he did, he turned around and with a huge smile on his face, he said, "Baekhyun! Hurry up, you're going to be late!" 

Baekhyun forced a smile, and replied, "Yeah, I'm coming, you giant."

Later that night, when Baekhyun had finished his homework and showered, he laid down on his bed and took out the white and pink handkerchief he had found earlier.

"Kim Eunsong...Kim Eunsong...Why does that name sound so familiar?" 

With that question in mind, he drifted off to sleep, dreaming of him. The one he missed the most.


A/N: Whoa, okay long time no update, but yeah. Eunhee and Baekhyun cross paths. [insert surprised face here] Keep reading to find out what happens! ~vivian