07

Promises Are Made To Be Broken

"KIM EUNHEE WHERE ARE YOU?!??" Soojin yelled into the phone.

"I'm...running late. Sorry I can't walk with you today!" Eunhee replied. She looked over her shoulder at the fuming Sehun. 

"Alright...but girl, you owe me big time! There was a lot of cute guys outside today too..."

"I know. I'm sorry. I'll see you at school, okay?" And with that, Eunhee hung up.

"KIM. EUN. HEE. GET YOUR OVER HERE." Sehun screamed angrily. He had found out that Eunhee had taken pictures on her phone of his photographs in his bedroom. She had no excuse this time, and even if she did, Sehun wouldn't buy it.

She hurriedly ran downstairs and yelled back, "I'll delete them! I swear I will!"

No reply. She skidded to a stop and looked around, with him no where to be found. When she turned back to the entrance, there he was.

"You thought you could get away with this? I don't care if we're late." Sehun stared her down as he cornered her.

Eunhee, lost for words, shielded herself with her arms, hoping that it whatever Sehun did to her would stop him. But after a couple seconds, nothing happened. He just stood there. And watched her.

"Don't do it again, Kim Eunhee. Because I have completely lost my patience with you." And with that, he turned and left out the door.

This action left her speechless. Staring at where his presence was, she finally realized that he let her off the hook. And without more hesitation, she ran out the door, hoping she wouldn't be late.

Arriving to school just five minutes before the bell would ring, she sat down in her seat breathless. Soojin popped into the seat next to her.

"Did something happen? Why were you so late today?"

"Umm...I had lost my wallet...I need money for lunch right?" As she laughed nervously. Soojin just giggled at Eunhee's forgetfulness.

"Alright class! Get to your seats and open up your textbooks to page 241. We'll be going over Pythagorean triples today...don't forget about the unit test next week." The teacher came in and settled the class down.

The day seemed to be quite slow, as it seemed to take eight hours to get to lunch time. She had just come out of the long lunch lines, looking for an available seat. As she walked down the aisle, someone stuck their foot out, tripping the poor girl and making her spill her lunch all over the floor. 

"Aww, look at that dweeb." Youngjae teased. Eunhee just hung her head. This had happened many times before. 

What was about to happen, did not.

Eunhee felt someone drag her up to her feet, and said, "You guys should really leave my sister alone."

S-S-Seh-hun?!?? 

Eunhee just stared at him with her eyes wider than the sea and sky, lost for words.

Taken aback, Youngjae and his friends couldn't find their words either.

"Oh, h-hey Sehun. You know this piece of-"

"I'd suggest you not call her that, before you don't have a mouth to call her anything anymore." Sehun said coldly.

"Right. Um, well. I'll go eat my lunch now, over there. In my seat. Like I should." He said and he slinked back towards his seat.

Sehun just glared at Youngjae and until he had sat down, he turned around, taking Eunhee with him.

Eunhee still couldn't get a hold of herself, even when Sehun had taken her up all the way to the roof.

"Yah, get your head on straight." Sehun grumbled.

"Right." She replied. An awkward silence enveloped the siblings. Sehun just silently ate his lunch as he turned his back against Eunhee

"Um..." Eunhee began.

"They're coming. Just wait."

"Who....?"

About ten minutes later, Eunhee heard footsteps coming up the stairs to the rooftop. She could hear their laughter, and she quickly glanced at Sehun.

What if they see us....?!

"Wow Yeollie, I can't believe you did that to your hyung."

"Hey! A fair game is a fair game!"

"I still think you cheated."

"Shut up Kai, you're always the cheater."

"I'm only true to you, Soo"

​"Can you guys be mushy somewhere else?"

The boys finally saw Sehun and as they got closer they spotted Eunhee. A moment of silence came upon the seven kids.

"Um...I-I'm Kim Eunhee...Of class 4-17..Nice to meet you..." She said with a seemingly smaller voice.

They boys just stared at her. Chanyeol awkwardly looked back and forth between his friends. Kyungsoo stole a look at Baekhyun.

"Well. I'm Joonmyeon, but I go by Suho." He greeted himself with a smile. No one else followed him. Suho gave them all a discrete look.

"Ah...haha, AH. Ahem. Ah...I'm Chanyeol. Also known as the happy virus. But I go by Chanyeol. Most of the time, at least..." Chanyeol beamed.

"Well, I guess we'll introduce ourselves too. I'm Jongin, but you can call me Kai. And this is my boyfriend, Kyungsoo. He's adorable isn't he?" Kai ruffled Kyungsoo's hair.

"Uh, haha uh yeah, I'm Kyungsoo, but I go by D.O." He said with a smile.

"Yeah, sorry to break it to you, but you're the only one who calls yourself that." Chanyeol scoffed.

"No! There's a lot of people who call me D.O...."

Eunhee's face lightened up a bit with a small laugh. These boys seemed to have a strong bond amoungst themselves. Her eyes slowly landed on Baekhyun. He had been hoping he had gone unnoticed. But to her surprise, he gave a small smile.

The group of kids had gotten comfortable and started talking and sharing stories, Chanyeol being the most excited of course. While the group was engrossed into the story, Baekhyun quietly slipped away from the group, his eyes giving Sehun a silent message to follow him.

They went to the other side of the rooftop, behind the small electrical room jutting out of the flat top. 

Baekhyun began.

"Why did you bring the girl."

"Hyung. They were bullying her. I couldn't stand it anymore!" Sehun stated.

"Yes. You could have."

"She's my SISTER hyung. You of all people would understand. And I know how much you've been wanting to help her, and I know how much you've been wanting to talk to her, and I know much it hurts you when you can't. You stop yourself every single damn time.But it's stupid. Why do you even hold yourself to this promise? It's not like anything's going to change if you do."

"It's because of me that it all happened Sehun, you can't expect me to forget that so easily!"

"He isn't going to come back!!"

"But I said I wasn't going to! It was his last wish!"

"He's gone hyung! And there's nothing we can do about it. We all have to deal with it, just like you. So stop being a coward, and just talk to the damn girl. I have to watch her get bullied by worthless people everyday, and because I respect YOU, I don't do anything about it. Just so that you can take it your own pace."

Baekhyun was silent.

"I know...I know Sehun. But..give me a little more time...It's not..." Baekhyun's eyes were tearing up. Sehun quieted down.

"I'm sorry hyung, I know this means a lot to you. I'll do it your way, but you have to start making progress. You can't do this for the rest of your life."

"I will Sehun. I will."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Excuse me, I need to use the restroom." Eunhee said.

"Oh of course. We'll still be here." Suho replied. Eunhee got up and left with a slight bow. 

As she was nearing the exit from the rooftop, she heard voices.

"It's because of her, Sehun. I can't stop."

Baekhyun??

"Hyung, you can't do anything about it."

"He died because of me Sehun! Because of her! Because of your sister and me!"


Heyyyyyyyyy :)

Guess who got the Chromebook 11???????

Heh. Mom still wants to set parental controls and family safety on me though =.= even though i'm not a kid anymore.

SIgh. If she does, I probably will be slow at uploading chapters still :/ But yay i have ten subbies :DD idk if that's a lot, but it's more than i expected. so THANK YOUUUUU :) HAHA 365 views.... perfect for an exo fanfic xD cause you know...the song....365....ahem. anyways.

See you next chapter!