03

Promises Are Made To Be Broken

Eunhee was walking to school with Soojin, just like any other day. When they reached the school entrance, she had spotted Baekhyun. She immediately hung her head. She didn't know why she did, but it was instinct. She kept her head bent and walked toward what she thought was the school entrance. Apparently, the school entrance is Baekyun because she walked right into him. Flustered, Eunhee quickly jumped back.

"Oh, I'm so sorry and I didn't mean to...and I'm sorry..." Eunhee quickly said, bowing a couple times and keeping her head down in case Baekhyun saw her cheeks were flushed. But when she looked up, no one was there. "Why is he ignoring me...did I do something to upset him?"

Later on that day, during the lunch period, Eunhee looked for Soojin. She desperately wanted Soojin's feedback on the situation. 

"What? He just left?" Soojin asked.

"Yeah...I think he's ignoring me...he never acknowledged my existence before. And he's not a bully is he? He's never actually bullied me, but he's never done anything about it at all..."

"Aww... I'm sure he doesn't hate you. I mean, you kind of do have a low spot on the chart and Baekhyun is one of the most popular amongst the six boys."

"The six boys..?" Eunhee asked, clearly confused.

"Dude. How do you not know Exo-k? They're like, F4 plus 2!" Soojin practically yelled at her.

"Okay, okay, I get it. Six hot guys called Exo-k."

Eunhee and Soojin went back to eating there lunches when Soojin spotted Baekhyun walking out of the cafeteria.

She whispered to Eunhee, "Dude look! It's Baekhyun! Go talk to him, see if he really is ignoring you!"

"Uhhh...no thanks I'm good..." Eunhee said, flustered at the sudden scene.

"Go!!" Soojin pushed Eunhee towards the exit, and Eunhee managed to make her way out of the cafeteria without stepping on anyone. Eunhee stumbled towards the oblivious Baekhyun and when she saw that he was alone at his locker, she dragged her feet across the floor to him and tugged gently at his sleeve. Baekhyun did not react to her at all, acting as if she wasn't even there. Eunhee felt like she was about to cry. Even if Baekhyun was part of Exo-k, she didn't want him to ignore her, even if he bullied her, she wouldn't care. She didn't want to be ignored, and she would much rather be bullied than to be ignored. 

"O-okay...um..I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for earlier today and..." Eunhee's small voice trailed off. Baekhyun didn't even bother staying to listen and he closed his locker and walked off. Eunhee's eyes started to water as she ran off to the roof of the school where she spent most of her time alone. It gave her peace and it calmed her heart, whether she was sad or angry or happy, she was there in that little corner of the roof. She kept the roof nice and clean and she liked doing that. She could see everything below her, but no one could see her, and that was reassuring.  

Crouching in the corner of the roof, she let her tears fall freely. "Why does Baekhyun hate me so much..." She thought to herself. 

A few minutes later, she stood up all refreshed and walked back to her classroom. She came in and sat down in her seat next to Baekhyun, completely ignoring him. She did not want to deal with him, and as much as she did not want to admit that she could be so easily affected by one simple boy, she could not bring herself to be back to normal with Baekhyun. She would just have to deal with her own feelings and wait for them to subside. "Besides...he'll never like me anyway."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun was waiting for his friends at school. He was peacefully listening to his music with his back against a tree trunk, when suddenly, someone popped out in front of him, scaring the poor boy.

"BOO!" said a lively voice.

"CHANYEOL!!" Baekhyun tried to sound as angry as he could, but couldn't hold back any longer. Chanyeol had been away at his grandmother's house for a week, and Baekhyun didn't want to admit so easily that he missed his best friend. He hugged Chanyeol while smiling the biggest smile ever in his life.

"You missed me, bro?" Chanyeol smirked.

"Shut up. I do not need you taunting me." Baekhyun retorted. Chanyeol burst into a huge fit of laughter like he always did, and being the giant he was, crashed into a low tree branch. This time, it was Baekhyun who laughed harder than the happy virus Chanyeol. Chanyeol growled playfully and pushed Baekhyun into the tree. Baekhyun, taken aback, shoved him back and pretty soon, they were on the grass, laughing harder than they ever had before.

"I missed you..." Baekhyun said softly, 

"Missed you too, jerk." Chanyeol said, earning him a slap on the arm from Baekhyun.

"Uh, I know you guys love each other, but please refrain from showing your affection for each other in public. It's disgusting." A voice sweet like honey said.

"Shut up, Kyungsoo. No one likes you." Baekhyun retorted.

"Uh, I do." Someone said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, we all know that, Kai. You and your boyfriend can go make out in the boy's bathroom." Someone else said.

"You might want to shut your face, Sehun, before you no longer have a face." Kai replied.

"You all need to stop fighting." A boy said to all of them.

"Yeah, okay. Sorry Suho." They replied in unison.

"We need to get to class like, now. So wrap it up and move out." Suho said and walked off to the school entrance. The boys walked off as well, but Baekhyun stayed behind. He needed to make sure a certain girl got to school safely. The answer kind of walked into him. Literally. 

Baekhyun had to muster all of his strength from having himself pick Eunhee up and hug her. He was tired of ignoring her, and frankly, he was hurting too much. He wanted so badly to talk to her, to be friends with her, but his promise stopped him from doing so. He waited for the perfect moment to quietly make his exit, and ran. He felt bad for leaving her there, but she was here at school, safe and sound. And that was more than enough to satisfy him.

It was lunch time, but Baekhyun was not hungry. He walked out of the cafeteria and made his way to his locker to get his books for his next period class. If he hadn't seen Eunhee stumbling after him in the reflective window in front of him, he would have never known she was there. "Why are you following me, Eunhee...You're going to get caught..."

He kept walking and ignored her again. He felt her tug on his sleeve as he opened his locker and grabbed his books, but painfully decided to ignore her. It was up to him and him alone to face her, and he swore he would never give in. He walked off without finishing hearing Eunhee's apology, heading off to his next class. "Don't worry Eunhee...I have already forgiven you."


A/N: Kind of a lame ending, and this chapter is a filler chapter. I honestly don't know how long this fanfic will be and even though I want it to be longer, I'm pretty sure at this rate, cramming everything into one chapter, it might not be as long as I hope it would be. Anyway, thank you for being patient and waiting for this update. It's kind of short, but again, it's a filler chapter. I'm still slowly updating, so it may not progress fast. SORRY FRIENDS WHO READ THIS.

Also, I will not be changing the characters due to Beakhyun and Taeyeon. Those two are a lovely couple, but my fanfic is my fanfic. Everything is already planned and no one can replace Baekyun. <3

BY THE WAY. Exo-k members made a show up in this chapter :D KYUNGSOO IS MINE <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

lol I'll shut up now.