06

Promises Are Made To Be Broken

Eunhee woke up to find Sehun in her room sitting at her desk messing around with her pens. He didn't seem to notice that she was awake yet, which she was grateful for. She needed to catch her breath first. It's not every day a girl wakes up to a guy with killer eyes in their room. Sehun had drawn a picture, and after looking at it for some time, crushed the paper and walked over to the little trash bin in her room to toss it away and noticed a piece of crumpled paper that had missed the can. He picked it up and read it. " YOU, . YOU'RE A WORTHLESS PIECE OF . YOU'RE MORE WORTHLESS THAN A SINGLE WON."

"Huh...so she's getting bullied at school? She really is something...that little weakling." Sehun thought as he placed the paper back behind the bin. He peeked over at his sister. "What is this burning feeling in my stomach...?"

"You should stand up for yourself at school, weakling." Sehun said quietly, completely unaware Eunhee had heard. He walked over to her bed and stared at her. She did look quite ugly, but he knew how she truly looked. He had a picture of her past self, and even though he disliked his sister, he still considered her his sister. "You're so stupid..."

Eunhee had to use all of her strength just to prevent herself from moving. 

"Hey. Wake up. Mom and Dad are gone. Get up and make me breakfast." Sehun said and left the room. Eunhee started to breathe again. "Why did he call me a weakling? Omg... Does he know..? About the bullying? No...He can't! He might tell Mom and Dad!"

In the rush of her of thoughts, she managed to rush downstairs and make cereal with bananas in them and a bottle of banana milk for Sehun. She placed them on the table, walked up to Sehun's bedroom and knocked on his door. No answer. She knew Sehun would kill her if she ever stepped foot into his room, but she was curious. "Plus, who does he think he is? He can't just expect that I won't do anything after he keeps going into MY room without permission."

She cautiously turned the knob and pushed the door open slightly. "S-sehun..? Breakfast is ready..."

Still no answer.

She swallowed deeply and after making up her mind, stepped into his room. "No turning back now..."

She looked around his room. His shades were pulled down so it was fairly dark. His room was pretty messy with a couple clothes on the floor, books, papers, pens, and picture frames were turned upside down on the floors and bookshelves. She ventured farther into his room and picked up one of the frames. It was a picture of a little boy smiling a huge grin with his mother and father. "That must be Sehun with his parents...He looked so happy here...I wonder what happened..."

She placed the frame back down the way she found it and walked towards his desk. There she found a black journal with papers sticking out of it. She opened up the journal and before she could even start reading, she heard the door slam open against the wall. She jumped and didn't dare turn around.

"What...the hell....are you doing...inside....my ING ROOM?!??" an enraged Sehun shouted, making Eunhee flinch every time he spoke a single word.

"I-I-I was l-looking f-f-for you c-cause your b-breakfast is r-ready..." Eunhee stuttered in a very tiny voice.

"I don't care." Sehun said in a dangerously low voice. "I want you," he said as he took a step closer. "To get out..." Eunhee took a step back "Of my room..." Eunhee's back was pressed against the wall. "Right. NOW." Sehun lunged at Eunhee and she ran underneath Sehun and ran to her room and locked the door behind her. A split second later, a thousand fists pounded at her door, making it seem like the door would break down. Eunhee was ready to jump out of her window if the door did give way. 

"KIM EUNHEE, OPEN YOUR DOOR RIGHT NOW OR YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET NOT OPENING." Sehun yelled at her. Eunhee stayed quiet, and panicked, she ran around her room a couple of times before deciding she would hide in the corner of her closet behind all of her clothes. Silence overtook the house when she heard her door click. 

"Crap. I forgot to take my door key from the kitchen cabinet." Eunhee started to cry.

"Eunhee-ah, come out. I'm not going to hurt you unless you come out and answer my questions truthfully." Sehun said with a menacing voice. Eunhee didn't budge. She saw Sehun's feet moving through her clothes, and stayed still as possible.

"Come out, Eunhee, I'm not going to hurt you." Sehun waited a bit. Then he walked over to her bed and sat down. "Okay, we can talk like this, but I want answers from you. Did you read anything from the journal on my desk?"

Eunhee opened and hesitated. 

"Remember, if you don't answer truthfully, you're going to regret it."

Eunhee mustered all of her courage and said, "N-no, I didn't...I promise..."

Eunhee squeezed her eyes shut, worried of what might happen next, but nothing did. Just another question.

"Did you look at anything else?"

"I.....I saw a photo.....on the floor...."

Sehun's voice seemed to be closer. "Really? What was the photo?"

"I-I don't remember..."

"Come on, Eunhee. Don't lie to me. I know you don't have that bad of a memory."

"It was y-you and your m-mom and dad...."

Sehun was kneeling right in front of her but she pretended she wasn't there.

"Is that all you saw?" Sehun said as he started parting the clothes.

"Y-yes..I swear I didn't see anything else...I only w-went in there b-because I called for you t-to go get your b-breakfast and you d-didn't reply and I was l-looking for you and you weren't in your r-r-room and I was l-looking around cause I was c-curious and I won't go into y-your room ever a-again I p-promise." Eunhee said while gasping, her breath leaving her body.

But when she looked up, Sehun was gone, her door closed and locked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baekhyun woke up early on the weekend morning and put on his best suit. With money in his pocket and Eunhee's photo, he slipped downstairs. His younger brother was there trying to fix breakfast. Sadly, he's not a good cook.

"Hey Baekho, what are you doing up so early?" Baekhyun said, surprised.

"Hyung, please. I know you wake up early on this day every year. I tried making you breakfast, but it didn't really work..." Baekho stood there scratching his head. Baekhyun laughed and went over to his brother. "Thanks, Baek. I'll enjoy this....uh...breakfast well."

"No Hyung, what if it isn't edible?! What if you die from food poisoning?!"

"Then I guess Mom will have you beheaded." Baekhyun said with a smile. "I have to leave, so I can't help you clean up. Clean up so Mom doesn't freak out about the poisoned food and go back to bed, okay?"

Baekho obediently nodded and smiled back at his hyung. "Hyung, be careful! I still need you to introduce all the hot girls for me!"

"Is that all I am to you?" Baekhyun said laughing as he left the house. 

"I LOVE YOU, HYUNG!" Baekho waved his hands around. Baekhyun waved back while eating the food and headed for the shop down at the end of his street. He ordered blue and white flowers tied together with a light blue ribbon.

"Are you celebrating your 100th day with your girlfriend, young man?" The flower shop lady said with a light smile.

"Ah, no ahjumma. I'm not dating anybody." Baekhyun said blushing.

"Oh is that right? But you're so handsome~"

Baekhyun laughed lightly and thanked the older lady with a smile and left the shop to the bus stop. He swiped his card and sat down. He sighed heavily and looked out of the window. Before long, he fell asleep with his head against the window.

"Excuse me! Young man! Wake up! You paid up until this stop!" The bus driver called out from his seat. Baekhyun woke up instantly and thanked the driver and headed towards his destination. He walked past all the stones and flowers and messages left by friends and family members of their loved ones. He kept walking until he reached the one place he was looking for. Baekhyun laid the flowers down on the grave and tucked the picture of Eunhee with a message written on it underneath the flowers. He bowed slightly and walked away from the grave and went inside the building. He went and found his picture and his little tiny cubical. He sat down on the bench and stared at the picture. He smiled.

"Insoo-ah...I miss you. I love you. Thank you. And I'm sorry. For everything... I'm sorry for not being able to be with you at your last moment... I'm sorry for having a fight with you...I'm sorry I couldn't protect Eunhee...I'm sorry that I caused you to die...I'm...I'm just so...sorry..." Baekhyun let his tears fall that he had held back for a year. "I still love you...and if I could time travel...I would take everything back....I would give my life for you....I'm so sorry Park Insoo...." The cemetery was filled with Baekhyun's screams and yells, sobs and tears. The janitor who was in charge of cleaning the cemetery up saw Baekhyun almost every week, and knew he came on this day early in the morning. The day he died two years ago. She sympathized for the young boy and for Baekhyun, and she left Baekhyun in peace.

An hour later, Baekhyun stood up and headed towards the bathroom to wash his face off. He walked out of the bathroom and found his friends standing in front of him.

"Baekhyun..." Chanyeol ran and hugged him tight. Kyungsoo, Kai, Suho, and Sehun all stood their with flowers in their hands. Kyungsoo had tried to hide the fact that he was crying, Kai was trying to comfort Kyungsoo, Suho was staring sympathetically at Baekhyun, and Sehun's cold stare looked a little less cold. The boys dropped off their flowers at Insoo's grave, and the six of them headed home. The bus ride was silent, but a peaceful silence. Today was a day the boys were not playing around like usual, it was a day that had heavily impacted their lives. Especially Baekhyun, who still regretted making that one prayer.

The one prayer that took away his friend's life.


A/N: HIIIIII! LONG TIME NO SEE. Sorry I haven't been updating BUT I GET MY COMPUTER TODAY! :D YAY! It's a hand me down but that's okay as long as it's not broken like my last one. Anyways, this chapter fills you in a little about the things you didn't know. Do you guys know who Baekhyun's little brother is? :D Hint: Hello, did you eat? Where are you, what are you doing?

HEHEHE okay hope to see you guys next chapter :) -viviann