10.

Promises Are Made To Be Broken

The weekend seemed shorter than usual, and Eunhee found herself at school once again. She walked into her classroom with her head down to avoid dealing with all the judgmental people around her. She never really knew why people bullied her, or when it even began, but she knew how to deal with it. She didn't really mind. She was more quiet and reserved, just like she was raised to be. These traits were going to be useful in her near future, once school ended for her.

No one in the school knew, but Eunhee actually comes from a rich and powerful family. She even already owns a small share stock. In the past, when she was way younger and carefree, she too was outgoing and what you considered "popular." Once she became 12, her parents began enforcing all these burdensome things upon her shoulders, and although stressed out, Eunhee complied with her parents. She matured at a very young age, and she began to isolate herself from others. She wouldn't have needed friends anyway, she knew that she would have needed to leave them before high school ended. 

Although she herself didn't see it, she still rejects the idea of becoming a stock holder and doesn't want to go into business. Her parents could tell, and her kind hearted mother understood. A long time ago, her parents had been talking with human resources and "adopted" a son, older than Eunhee, so he could take over the company. Sehun, who had lost his family in a tragic accident and being stripped of all his passed down stocks and wealth stolen from his sly aunt and uncle, Eunhee's parents took him in, and after days and days of interrogation and evaluation, Sehun was deemed trustworthy and well enough to handle their company.

Sehun, of course, wasn't informed of having a sister when he signed the contract, and he was quite annoyed that his new parents didn't bother to tell him, plus he couldn't understand why they'd make him be the heir when they already had their own daughter. As time went by, he slowing began to understand and even slower, began to accept Eunhee. After all, his biological mother was...not the nicest of women, and his view of women was tainted and misjudged. Even though he strongly disliked Eunhee, he still had a natural older brother feel in his heart.

All of this was not known to Eunhee, and for many years, she kept asking why she got an older brother, but she eventually gave up on asking when no one ever answered her. She didn't really care much for her supposed future. She didn't want to go into business.

Eunhee was waiting in her classroom for school to start and kept fidgeting with her fingers as students slowly began to trickle into the classroom. 

Youngjae and his followers came into the classroom, and as they walked by her, they poked her and pushed her head around and snickered to themselves. Eunhee bit her lip and kept quiet. Youngjae, who was desperate for a response, started "accidentally" knocking her stuff off of her desk.

At that time, Baekhyun walked into the classroom, saw what was happening, and immediately went to Youngjae to stop him. 

"Hey man, chill out. Don't you think you've bullied her enough for three years?"

Youngjae, obviously flustered that Baekhyun actually talked to him, and then thought about how he was standing up for Eunhee, he replied, "Who are you to tell me what to do? You're the only one standing by her side Baekhyun. Right guys?" Youngjae began to scoff.

But to his surprise, as well as Eunhee's, people around her classroom began whispering and after a while, Youngjae could make out what they were saying. They wanted him to stop bullying Eunhee...! Youngjae scowled and sat down abruptly. Death staring a hole into the back of Eunhee's head.

During lunch break, Eunhee went with Baekhyun and Sehun up to the rooftop, where the boys usually met. She got closer to all of them and was able to laugh freely and share stories with people for the first time in a very very very long time.

Sehun smiled to himself a little bit when he noticed his little sister enjoying herself at school, and Baekhyun smiled on the inside, happy to see a new side of Eunhee and happy she opened up more. The two slowly got closer, with each and every passing day. 

Baekhyun was quite happy with getting closer to Eunhee, but he was still weary and cautious, keeping enough distance between himself and the girl. He still felt like he was doing something wrong, even if they were just friends.

That night, when Baekhyun went home, he sat down at his desk and pulled out the handkerchief he had found some time ago. He brushed his fingers around the embroidered Kim Eunsong.

This name sounds so familiar... He thought. Biting his lip, he went onto the computer and searched up Kim Eunsong. For some odd reason, he just felt that the name would appear in the search engine. The name just seemed famous. Or something. He didn't really know.

The first thing that popped up on his screen was a company named KES who overlooked international business for the country. He kept scrolling though, but without any results he thought he was looking for, just sighed and stared at the white cloth.

It's so pretty...I'm sure Eunhee would like it...If only it didn't say someone else's name on there. 

Not thinking too much about it, he tucked the cloth back into his drawer and played video games on his computer until he was called down for dinner. 


A/N: okay please take note that I am not a huge fan of chaebol characters, but the only reason why I'm doing this is because Sehun needed a reason to be a part of the Kim family. And yes, if you couldn't tell, Kim Eunhee's legal, official, and "work" name is Kim Eunsong. Anyways, enjoy this chapter maybe? I don't feel that it was a good chapter. It also feels weird when people comment on my story and give me feedback, but please continue doing it anyway <3

My last competition for color guard is tomorrow :( *cries* At least it'll give me more time to do homework..I don't get home from school everyday until 7pm, and I still have to shower and eat at that point, and then do homework.

But enough about me :)