Romance Meets Reality

My Second Chance at Love

Taeyang’s POV

What the hell was this guy’s problem? It seemed like all he wanted to do was start with me, which was perfectly fine. It wouldn’t be my fault though if I “accidentally” broke his nose. “What are you talking about?” Ms. Lee asked. All the cockiness flew out of me and was replaced by fear.

If Jinho told her I had been fighting, I would probably get suspended, which would later result in my mom killing me. She may seem friendly, but once you got her going, you’d regret it. “Ms. Lee!” I interrupted Jinho. “Yes?” she turned to me. “Can I speak to my….. friend privately?” I forced out. “Of course. Just make it quick though.” I pulled Jinho to the side.

“What the hell was that?” Jinho hissed. “Look, if you tell her we fought, we’ll both get suspended,” I whispered. Jinho scoffed. “I don’t give two damns. Besides, I’d love to see you get your whooped for the first time goody tooshoes.” This guy. He really knew how to push someone past their limits. “You wanna play dirty? Fine. I hope you don’t mind me sharing that little hallway incident between you and Jung hee with Ga Eun then,” I said. As much as I hated this guy (and I seriously did), I felt like crap after blackmailing him. Oh well. Too late now.

The smug smile that had been on his face two seconds ago melted away. “You wouldn’t.” “Really? Do I need to prove it to you?” I asked. He narrowed his eyes. “This was a waste of my time,” he said. “Couldn’t agree more” I thought in my head. “Just make sure she’s okay,” he said before storming out of the room. I looked after him suspiciously. Why would he care if she was okay? Unless… My eyes widened as I realized the truth: Jinho liked Jung hee. And it wasn’t just a friend like. It was way more than that.

I was surprised to find myself angry that he liked her. “Where’d Jinho go?” Ms. Lee walked in. “Jinho? Um, he had somewhere to be,” I lied. From across the room, I heard someone inhaling loudly. “Jung hee!” I nearly shouted. She rubbed her eyes. “What happened?” she asked. I knelt beside her and grabbed her hand. She shook it off immediately. Pretending not to feel hurt, I asked “How much do you remember?” “I remember you knocking me out,” she said accusingly. I swallowed loudly. Would she forgive me if I apologized? “I didn’t mean to hit you, but I’m really sorry,” I said slowly. She rolled her eyes. “What? Did I say something wrong?” I asked.

“I’m not mad about that,” she said, looking down at her hands. “Then… what are you upset about?” I asked, confused. Her cheeks turned pink, which made her look prettier than she already was. Wait, what was I talking about? Focus Taeyang. It was really hard to focus though when I was looking at her face. With her round eyes, her long lashes that her newly pink cheeks when she blinked, she was by far the most beautiful girl that I had ever seen. She was even prettier than Ga Eun. Wow, wait. What the heck was I thinking?

“So that’s why I was mad,” she said, interrupting my thoughts. “I’m sorry, what were you saying?” I asked. She glared at me. “You weren’t listening to a thing I was saying, were you?” she asked, frustrated. “I was a bit distracted,” I confessed. “Ugh, were you thinking about Ga Eun again?” she asked, clearly annoyed. “No!” I said. She was far off. Jung hee crossed her arms.

“Then what were you thinking about?” she asked. “I was thinking about…” I stopped short. She would probably overreact and get pissed off if I told her that I was, well, there was no shameless way to say this, checking her out. “See? You were thinking about Ga Eun like you always do,” she said quietly. Was she… jealous? I became shocked. “I need to go,” she said. I blocked her before she could get up.

“Taeyang!” she tried to push away my hands, but I held her arms down. I leaned my face closer to hers until it was an inch away. “What are you doing? Get away from me!” she squirmed around. “Stop moving! You’re making this hard for me!” I said. “Making what hard for you?” she asked. “This,” I said, and I pressed my lips against hers.

 

Jung hee’s POV

“What are you doing? Get away from me!” I started to move around. What the heck was that? One minute we were having a conversation and the next minute he was trying to hold me down. What was going on? “Stop moving! You’re making this hard for me!” he said. “Making what hard for you?” I asked. What could he possibly be trying to do?

“This,” he said, and I remained confused until his lips met mine. I tried to push him off, but he remained firm, and his lips still remained on mine. I gave up trying to escape and waited for a couple more seconds until he was done. He pulled away and looked into my eyes. “That was what I was trying to do.” “Let go of me,” I said in a controlled tone. He automatically released my arms.

That’s when I slapped him hard across his face. “Ow! What was that for?” he asked, holding his hand to his red cheek. “That was for kissing me without permission,” I said. He stood up straight. “Are you always this conservative and uptight?” he asked.

“Yes, because you should only kiss a girl if you’re in a relationship with her,” I stated. Conservative and uptight. What a butthole. Did that mean that he just kissed any girl that he wanted to? “You’ve gotta be kidding right? You know that people get together because of kisses?” he asked in disbelief.

Was he hinting something? “No, I do not,” I said stubbornly. “Well, now you know,” he said like it should’ve been obvious. “Well, even if I did know that, I wouldn’t get with a player like you,” I said, and walked out of the room before he could say something else that would make me run back into his arms.