The Mystery Girl

My Second Chance at Love

Jung hee’s POV  

 

Ugh, who knew that a doctor’s appointment could take so long?! I pretty much sat in the waiting room for half the time. Great. I knew I would be late, but I didn’t know I would be this late. I turned the corner to the stairs and crashed into someone. I felt myself going airbound, yet, the first thought that came into my mind was No! My homework!! (Yeah, sometimes, my dorky instincts take over).

 

The ground kept getting closer, so I closed my eyes and waited for the impact. It never came. Maybe I had already hit the ground. I opened my eyes, and I saw a boy’s face just a few inches away from mine. In that very moment, I was aware that his arm was around my waist, supporting me from falling. I studied his face. He had a handsome, flawless face with gentle eyes and chiseled lips.

 

Of course, I said the first stupid thing on my mind: “Am I dreaming?” I felt like hitting myself when I heard him laugh. “Do I need to pinch you?” he chuckled a little darkly. “No…” I said, my cheeks burning with embarrassment. “Good.” He moved his hand from around my waist to grip my arms and pull me into a regular standing position. “Thanks,” I said while brushing off my skirt. “You should be sorry. How can anyone be such a klutz?” he retorted.

 

Immediately, I felt defensive. Just because he was pretty on the outside apparently didn’t mean that he was pretty in the inside. “Excuse me? You were the one who ran into me,” I shot back. “Exactly, and I caught you, so you should just be thankful and move on with it,” he smirked. So now he was having fun with this? That got my blood boiling.

 

“Well, I was thankful, but now I’m starting to regret it,” I said. He shrugged. “Doesn’t bother me.” “Of course it doesn’t,” I said sarcastically. He laughed a bitter laugh. “If you’ll excuse me, I need to see the nurse.” With that said, he turned and walked away. “Who does that jerk think he is?” I muttered quietly to myself. “That jerk is named Taeyang,” I heard a voice say from down the hallway. I grimaced. At least I thought I had said it quietly.

 

Taeyang’s POV


Stupid girl. I laughed to myself. She was so easy to play. For once, I didn’t think about Ga Eun. My mind was completely occupied with the strange girl from the hallway. I had given her my name in name in hopes of getting hers, but no such luck. I sighed dejectedly. At least I wasn’t sick anymore. I didn’t feel like going back to class, so I walked all the way to the office and into the nurse’s room.

“Let’s see. Turned green, was dizzy…” the nurse said after collecting my note. “I was probably dehydrated,” I lied, but it seemed believable. “That seems like the most reasonable explanation. Wait here while I get you a cup of water,” she said before exiting the room. Right when she left, my thoughts turned to the girl in the hallway and Ga Eun.

This was the first time I had ever thought of another girl besides Ga Eun. I didn’t feel any connection to her, and yet, here she was, filling my mind with her oval face and flowing hair. In my head, I couldn’t help but compare her face to Ga Eun’s. They looked kinda alike, except for the fact that while the girl in the hallway was innocent, Ga Eun was...well...there really was no nice word for this, but Ga Eun was a .

I knew Ga Eun was a , and yet, I still wanted her. I was one weird guy. “Here you go, dear,” the nurse came back with a cup of water. “Thanks,” I said, sipping it slowly. What would Ga Eun think of this girl? Then it hit me. I would become friends with the girl in the hallway. Once I got close to her, I would see if Ga Eun was jealous.

I would flirt with the girl and hang out with her more to hopefully catch Ga Eun's attention. It would work. I could see it in my head right now: Ga Eun running into my open arms. I would do whatever I could to get her back, and nothing would stop me this time from keeping her.