Disturbing Truths

My Second Chance at Love

Taeyang’s POV

 

“...... Ga Eun?” No way. That was impossible. It couldn’t be her. I closed my eyes and reopened them to make sure I wasn’t hallucinating. Sure enough, when I looked at the girl again, she had the same long brown hair with highlights, the exact same cherry blossom scent, and her extremely wide eyes that were now fixed on my face in shock. So it really was Ga Eun. “What are you doing here?” she asked. “I got enrolled during the summer. Wh...what about you?” I managed to stutter out. “I got expelled,” she said through her overly lip-glossed lips. Her eyes scanned my face, then flickered down to my clenched hands.

 

“You’ve changed a lot. I don’t remember you always being this angry,” she smirked. I balled my fists tighter until my knuckles turned white. “I wasn’t always this angry. And by the way, you haven’t changed at all,” I said, glancing at the guy who was still kissing her neck. Ga Eun looked taken back for a second, but when she turned back to me, she had a cold smile on her face. “See Tae Tae. (I almost punched through the desk when I heard her call me this) This is why I dumped you. You don’t know what a girl wants. MY Jinho, on the other hand, does,” she said gesturing to her boyfriend. The boy kissing her looked up at the mention of his name smiled at her.

 

She smiled back, and they continued from where they had left off before I had interrupted them. I wanted to call her a . A ho. Something, anything, to ease my heartache, but I knew calling her names wasn’t going to help. I was still in love with her, and nothing I did was going to change or be able to fix that. The bell signaling the start of school rang, jutting me out of my messed-up emotion session. The teacher walked in, and everyone sat up straight.

 

I looked to the seat in front of me for Ga Eun, but she was no longer there. I searched the entire classroom until I finally found her across the room, sitting next to her boyfriend Jinho. I shook my head. Pabo. I needed to get a grip of myself and stop obsessing over someone who didn’t care for me. Instead, I tried to concentrate on what the teacher was saying, but I knew that deep down, I wouldn’t be able to help myself. I would have to look at her. The first twenty minutes of class were agonizing. Every time I looked in Ga Eun’s direction, she was either giggling at something Jinho was saying or holding her hand. It was just torture to look at. Eventually, it must’ve been obvious that that I was looking at her, because the guy sitting next to me finally said “Do you know Ga Eun?”

 

I nodded, and he said “No wonder. Almost every guy she knows has a crush on her.” “I wonder why,” I said a little sarcastically, watching Ga Eun pretend to slap Jinho. “She’s a major flirt, but she’s really pretty. I heard that she cheated before, though,” the guy said. “Really, she cheated on Jinho and he’s still with her?” I asked a little dumbfoundedly. “No, she cheated on another guy with Jinho,” he said. “Who was the guy?” I asked. “I don’t remember. It was like, two years ago during her sophomore year,” he said. I was very much alert now. “Was the guy she cheated on named….Taeyang?” I asked, my head about to explode.

 

“Yeah. That was the guy. How’d you know?” “I have friends there,” I whispered in disbelief. “Oh. Well, I feel bad for that guy. I wonder how she told him,” he said. “Maybe she never did tell him,” I said weakly. He shrugged, and then turned his attention back to the teacher, which was fine with me. I felt nauseous; my head was pounding and my chest was hurting. Ga Eun….. cheated on me. That was why she had broken up with me so abruptly on the last day of school. I couldn’t believe it. I had been dating a taken girl. I was such a fool. I didn’t even realize that I was spacing out until I heard a voice say “Ms. Jeon, the guy next to me is turning green.” I heard heels clicking the ground and there was a woman next to my desk. “Oh my, are you alright?” Everybody in the class was staring at me now, so I had already lost every ounce of dignity that I had. I shook my head no, and she quickly filled me out a nurse’s form and sent me out. I staggered around dizzily and tried to slowly pick my way down the stairs. As I turned the corner and ran straight into a girl.