Desperate Fighting

My Second Chance at Love

Jung hee’s POV

 

I started to walk once I had ran a good distance away from the classroom. I used the back of my hand to wipe away the tears. Stupid jerk. I felt like hitting myself. How could I have believed for one second that he wasn’t a bad guy? I walked briskly into the restroom and rinsed my face. Once I had washed it so that it was a decently red color, I walked back out until I heard footsteps coming down the hall.

 

Was it Taeyang? If so, I seriously wasn’t in the mood to talk to him right now. Just to be sure that I wouldn’t run into whoever it was (hopefully it was anybody but Taeyang and Ga Eun), I hid behind the wall. “What are you doing?” a voice came from behind me, making me jump. I turned around to see Jinho. I sighed with relief. “What are you doing here?” I asked.

 

“Shouldn’t I be asking you the same thing?” he said, smiling. “I needed the restroom,” I said. It wasn’t a lie, it just wasn’t the whole truth. “You’ve been crying, haven’t you?” he asked, his face suddenly concerned. This guy was a major flirter. He could be pretending to care or to be actually worried. Either way, I wasn’t going to share. “Why were you crying?” he asked gently. Would it be awkward if he found out his girlfriend was involved.

 

“It’s nothing. Besides, I don’t want to talk about it,” I tried to sound nonchalant. “Did somebody do this to you?” he asked. No, I accidentally got hit by a flying pancake! I thought sarcastically, but I didn’t say it aloud.  “Yeah,” was all I could manage without letting it loose. “Tell me his name,” he urged. I tilted my head. He would start problems if he found out. He was notorious for picking fights.

 

I tried to say something, but the replay of me and Taeyang’s argument crossed my mind, and before I knew it, I  had started to cry again. Jinho’s eyes widened. “Don’t cry,” he said. I tried hard not to, but I just couldn’t control the tears. Why was I crying over this guy anyway? “Let’s wipe off those tears,” he said. Before I could protest, he placed both of his hands on my face and was wiping the tears away, though it felt like he was my face.

 

“Jinho shi,” I mumbled, trying to tell him to stop. That’s when a crisis happened: TAEYANG fell right in front of us. “Taeyang!” I jumped away from Jinho. His face was a dark red as he was getting up. “What were you guys doing?” he asked darkly. I opened my mouth to explain, but Jinho beat me to it. “What do you think?” he asked with a sly smile.

 

Taeyang gritted his teeth. “You have a girlfriend. You have A GIRLFRIEND!” he shouted. I winced at his loud voice. “Are you cheating on Ga Eun? If you are, I swear, you won’t live to see tomorrow,” he threatened. So this was about Ga Eun… again. Why did bad things just keep repeating? “Ooh, I’m so scared of the new desperate kid,” Jinho laughed.

 

Taeyang took a step forward and swung his fist. It came into contact with Jinho’s face, and he staggered and fell. Jinho glared at him and wiped his mouth. “Oh, you want to fight? You’re gonna regret it!” He socked Taeyang in the face back. “Stop it!” I yelled, but it did nothing. Fights that involved Jinho were usually one sided because Jinho was a school black belt, but Taeyang seemed to be holding up fine.

 

“Please stop,” I pleaded. Taeyang glanced at me, which gave Jinho a chance to get another hit in. Taeyang touched his newly scratched cheek. He smiled grimly and ran toward Jinho. “No! Stop!” I shouted and ran in between them. All I did was intercept Taeyang’s hit. When the impact of his fist connected to my face, I was shocked at the force that was behind it. His hit was so hard that blackness followed, and I collapsed.

 

Taeyang’s POV


My head turned after Jinho’s second swing. I felt stinging pain on my cheek, but it wasn’t from the punch impact. It was from a new cut across my cheek. Out of habit, I reached to touch it. There wasn’t a lot of blood, but he was going to pay for it. I ran toward him, and out of nowhere, Jung hee was right in front of me. It was too late for me to stop. My fist collided with her delicate cheek, and she collapsed to the ground.

I stood next to Jinho, frozen by horror and shock. What did I just do? Why did she run in front of him. “Jung hee!” I shouted her name over and over, but I got no reply. It was Jinho that was supposed to be knocked out, not her. Definitely not her. I shook her arm. Still no reply. “Move!” Jinho shouted and pushed me aside. I fell easily at his shove.

I couldn’t believe that I had hurt her. There was a dark spot on her cheek already. I had bruised her. I slammed my fist onto the floor, ignoring the throbbing pain that came after it. Jinho scooped Jung hee into his arms and started walking. I got up and grabbed his shoulder. “Stop. Let me take her to the nurse’s,” I whispered. “No you freakin moron. Don’t you see that you’ve already made enough damage?” he asked coldly.

His tone got my anger back up again. “Save all this hero for your girlfriend and let me take her,” I said, already feeling like a hypocrite. His eyes got a dark glint when I said that. “Do you like Ga Eun?” he asked. I blinked. Did not see that one coming. “I don’t know,” I lied. “I know you do. She already told me. So, I’m only going to tell you this once: back off.”

“Why should I? I’m pretty sure the only reason that you got with her was because you wanted to screw her!” I said back. He gave me a hard glare. “If you haven’t noticed, I need to take get going,” he gestured to the still unconscious Jung hee. “I can help you with that,” I said, reaching for Jung hee. He pushed me away. “Don’t touch her,” he warned.

“No, you don’t touch her, you man ,” I said. He narrowed his eyes and nearly dumped her into my arms. “If you ever look or touch Ga Eun again, I will mess you up,” he said and walked away. What a douche bag. I looked at Jung hee’s face. I felt all of the anger and temper melting away. “I’m so sorry Jung hee,” I whispered.

I ran to the nurse’s room. “It’s nice to see you again Taeyang,” she said unsurely, not that I could blame her. Which new student or any student for that matter goes to the nurse’s twice in a day? “What happened to her?” she rushed over. I was speechless. I couldn’t just say “Well, I accidentally knocked her out while I was in a fight.”  “Uh… she tripped and fell,” I lied again.

“She might have a concussion. I’m going to have to check.” While she was doing so, I sat on the bench and stared at my hands. I was a complete monster. Would she forgive me once she woke up? I hoped so. “Hi Ms. Lee,” I heard a voice above my head. “Oh hello dear. What can I do for you?” the nurse (or Ms. Lee) asked. I spun around to see… Jinho standing by the doorway.

My eyes widened. What was he doing here? “I came to tell you the real reason how Jung hee was knocked out.”