Distracting Daydreams

My Second Chance at Love

Jung hee’s POV

 

The nerve of a guy! Blaming me when it was his fault. Taeyang… I don’t remember him from last year, so he must be new. Besides his cocky cold demeanor, he seemed like a pretty decent guy. For starters, he was absolutely the best looking guy I had ever seen in my life. Also, even though he was openly catching me and all that, he seemed really reserved, like he was trying to hide from something.

 

Maybe he was one of those lonely cool guys. I was so busy thinking about him that I didn’t even notice that the lunch bell rang until my friend Bo Ra nudged my shoulder. “Hey, are you okay?” she asked. “I’m fine. Just doing some thinking,” I responded. Her eyes narrowed, but she said nothing. “C’mon. We better hurry before the line gets long.” I laughed. If there’s one thing Bo Ra hates, it’s waiting. When we arrived at the cafeteria, the line was already out the door. “

 

Damn it! You need to be faster Jung hee!” Bo Ra scolded. “Sorry mother,” I teased. “Oh, look who got here,” Bo Ra said. I turned to see Ga Eun and Jinho walk in. “Oh yay. Our favorite lovebirds,” I said sarcastically. “Look, even the guy behind them is annoyed,” Bo Ra said. I looked behind them and saw...oh my dear lord. It was Taeyang. He had the expression that someone would have if they were asked to eat poop. I couldn’t help myself from laughing.

 

However, when I looked closer, I noticed something more than disgust on his face. I saw pain. And it wasn’t the pain that you would see if someone tripped and scrapped their knee. This pain was something much deeper and emotional. I was surprised to find myself curious and wanting to know more about him. I was just so...interested.  There. I was interested in him. I didn’t have a crush or anything. I was just curious. So curious that I kept staring at him until he noticed and grinned. I blushed and turned around. What the heck Jung hee? Daydreaming about a guy you just met? I wanted to deny it to myself, but I couldn’t, because I knew that it couldn’t be any more true.

 

Taeyang’s POV


When I had left the office, it was already fourth period. I spent at least ten minutes trying to search for my class. When I had finally got there, people who I had been in my first period class were laughing. I did the best I could to keep my head high, but it was hard. I had earned myself the reputation of the new guy who turned green during language arts. How wonderful.

The only thing that cheered me up was that my fourth period did not have many homework assignments. The bad thing was that fourth period was drama. I loved acting almost as much as I loved getting ran over by a car. And of course, because my day couldn’t get any worse, everyone in the drama class would have to participate in the annual Beauty and the Beast play that the school hosted every year. As my teacher discussed more about the play, my mind wondered off to the girl in the hallway.

I guess she was pretty, but in my head, no one could compare to Ga Eun. I would get her back, but I would need time. I knew it was wrong to get in between her and Jinho’s relationship, but I just couldn’t help myself. I wanted her to belong to me and nobody else. I could’ve thought more about my plans and fantasies, but the teacher caught my attention by performing a solo play about a talking chicken.

I usually didn’t say anything disrespectful about my elders, but she looked plain stupid when she started acting like the chicken. She made wings with arms and was making noises that sounded like a pig getting stuck in a barrel (don’t ask me how I know how a pig sounds like when it’s stuck in a barrel, I just know things). When she was finally done, thank god for that, I got up and rushed to find the cafeteria. I was planning on following people, but everyone was going in different directions, so I had to ditch my plan and try to find it myself.

I thought I was completely lost until I saw students lining up to get into a big room, so I assumed that was the cafeteria. I walked to the end of the line and then realized my big mistake: Ga Eun and Jinho were two places in front of me, kissing. I winced, but I couldn’t stop myself from looking at them. No, looking wasn’t the correct word. I was glaring at them.

I wanted to say something to stop them, but it probably wouldn’t have did any good. The best I could do was concentrate on something else. I looked ahead of them, and I it turns out that I wasn’t the only one who was irritated by them. A couple people ahead of them, I saw….the girl from the hallway. And she was staring at me. I didn’t know if I should pretend that I didn’t see her, but instead, I grinned to show her that I knew she was staring at me. Instantly, she turned red and looked away. I chuckled.

I had just finished eating lunch just as the bell rang, so I didn’t have much time to gather myself together and leave for fifth period. I looked down at my schedule. Cooking. Oh jeez. I cursed the whole way before entering the room. A whole group of people looked up at me. I scanned the faces to see if I recognized anyone, and I did find one person. It was the girl from the hallway.