Genesis~Chapter 7

Drunk when I met you, ~

You didn’t realize that you fall asleep. Fortunately, you dreamt of HIM.

 

Dreamland~

 

You woke up in a very familiar place, the club. Your arms were crossed above the counter with your face rested on it. Your vision was blurry. You can still remember it clearly. You were drunk this time that you felt like you were hallucinating or something. You looked around and you can see bottles in front of you being taken away. It’s probably the man at the counter cleaning your mess. Your vision was really blurry that you wanted to doze off. Someone sat beside you. You can’t see him clearly. Yes. It’s a he though you can’t see his face clearly but you can feel it the difference between female and a ing male. “What are doing in this place at this hour?” he asked. What the? He has the guts to ask you that when you don’t even know him? “Shut up. I don’t even know you.” You answered, coldly and sleepily. You sensed that the guy was taken aback because you heard a screeched of a chair. “So—I mean, Why are you so cold, huh? You can trust me. I’ll listen to you.” He said. His voice was kind of…you can’t describe it. The alcohol was all over your body and you can feel it. You can’t even describe his voice clearly. But you felt like trusting him. You felt like he was really close to you but that’s impossible because you only met him today…maybe.

 

“Because I feel so miserable that I show my feelings to others in a bad way. I-I don’t know even for myself why I’m acting like this. Maybe because I hate my Dad so much even before my Mom was taken away from me…” You said. You felt like crying but you don’t want to look weak in front of anyone even your closest friends.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that but why do you hate your Dad anyway? Is he the reason of your Mom’s death?” he asked again. You didn’t feel irritated like what you always feel when someone asked about this topic. Right now, you felt like telling someone even just one of them your secrets for a change, right?

 

“Sorta. Maybe? No. My Mom died because of a bus accident. Well, if my stupid Dad accompanied my Mom back then…then my Mom wouldn’t bother riding a bus…THAT bus. I kind of—I mean, so I blamed him for everything…He didn’t even…He didn’t even approached me or explained everything to me on why he didn’t accompanied my Mom. Well…” You paused, with still blurry eyes. He looked at you waiting for you to continue. Well, you can’t see him but he went nearer so you can sense that he was waiting.

 

“Well?” He said.

 

“He did explain but…I need an acceptable reason…not a usual and stupid explanation that he always says. He said he was on meeting, that’s all. But what the ? A meeting? He has the position to reschedule that but he didn’t!!!” You shouted, showing gesture in front of him.

 

“So…I had this thing about trusting other people even my friends although I trust them but only a teeny tiny bit.” You showed him with you index finger and thumb almost touching. Yeah, teeny tiny bit.

 

“Really?” he asked in disbelief.

 

“Yeah, really. And that’s why I also have this thing for buses especially that Bus 12. I hate that bus. They even repaired that piece of ! They can just throw it away, right?” You said, slamming your hands on the counter.

 

“So you’re not kind to anyone? Even just one?” he said, looks like his expecting some answer.

 

“Well before, I was kind to a friend but it kind of faded away because of my anger, I guess. But he’s still my friend and I have this cousin. I’m kind to her in a different way and she knows it. Even if others will see it in a bad way, she knows that it’s my way of showing kindness.” You said, sleepily.

 

“Do you think you can change?” He whispered. You can barely hear it because you’re busy fighting sleepiness so you answered not knowing what his question is. “Yeah…su…re.”

 

“Want me to send you home?” He asked, scooting out of his seat. How dare he asked if he could send you when you guys only met this night? You scoffed.

 

“As if you know where I live. Just leave me here, I can handle myself so back off and just go.” Now you’re back in that cold attitude. He sighed, disappointedly. He nodded then tapped you shoulder, lightly. He walked to the restroom first, maybe. But what do you care? You don’t even know him. But you felt something. Something that you felt when you were a kid, when you were not this cold to people, when you were so…happy and…in love? What the hell? Yuck. No. Never. But seriously, the way he talked to you like you guys know each other for so long, SO LONG already. You have to admit that you felt butterflies in your stomach when he was talking to you. You knew someone who talked like that…someone you were really closed before even now… You didn’t realize that you blushed. Even if you were drunk and your cheeks were, of course, red because of alcohol, you can see the difference. You saw, with a blurry vision, that the man in the counter changed. Maybe because his shift or whatever was over. “Dude, you can go now. It’s my turn.” The substitute (Whatever you call it) said. “Yeah, thanks. Here you go.” The other nodded then he left the counter. Then the last thing you saw was the guy sat back to his chair, maybe after going to the restroom. He sat there then you doze off again. You were sure of one thing…and that is you’re happy, really happy when you were talking to him. He made feel…like you can trust anyone again…just like someone you knew, your best friend for a very, very long time now, Kim Minseok.

 

 

You woke up from your sleep. You didn’t realize that you fell from your bed. You stood up, slowly. You looked at your clothes and you still haven’t changed from yesterday. You also remembered that you didn’t eat dinner last night. You slept for so many hours. You must be really tired. The sun was rising so basically it’s early in the morning. You took your phone and looked at the time.

 

5:57am.

 

You yawned and jumped at you bed. You bounced because of the mattress. You stared at the black ceiling. Ugh. Yeah, right. I almost forgot…I’m dying right now. You thought. You quickly sat up looked at the flat screen TV that’s on your wall.

I’m dying right now because of extreme boredom! You thought. You crawled to the table beside your bed and took the remote. You quickly turned it on. You stood up and grabbed some video games. Actually, you went to the cabinet full of it. You took your favourite. Pokemon: Fire Red Version.

 

Suho and D.O think its lame so I ruined D.O’s handmade Solar System and Suho’s lame bookmark; with those simple things their cried. You placed it on the right place and played the game. You’re quite addicted to it. You kept on playing for 2 hours that you ended up with the comforter all over your body with the only thing that can be spotted was your head. You looked like a cocoon, actually. Your curtains closed and used clothes scattered on the floor. Your fun was disturbed by a ring of your phone and it was playing your favourite and latest song, Run by EXO-K. You continued your game and didn’t mind your phone. But it continued for 20 minnutes now. You were really angry because you don’t want to be interrupted in any game that you were currently playing. You saved the game and angrily grabbed your phone. You didn’t make any greetings because you were totally pissed off right now. You didn’t bother looking at  the caller’s name instead you answered it.

 

“WHAT THE DO YOU WANT!?” You yelled. You probably alarmed the maids outside and any minute now they will knock in concern.

 

“I’m just called to remind you about my treat, Soo Min. You don’t have to damage my eardrums!”

 

Baekhyun. It’s Baekhyun. This stupid piece of ! You thought. “YOU RUINED MY GAME, YOU !” You yelled again. He just called for that. Of course you know, you’re not dumb. But good thing also that he reminded you because the truth was that you forgot. You mentally face palmed yourself.

 

“Yeah. Yeah. But I’m also here to ask you what’s wrong with Chen.”

 

With that name, you became alert. You haven’t thank or apologized to him yet. Now, instead of being mad at Baek, you suddenly became guilty.

 

“He said he’s not feeling well so I didn’t push him. I’m a good friend ri—“

 

You hung up, not wanting to hear anything Baekhyun will say next. Then like you expected there’s a knock from your door. You quickly went to get. You changed your clothes a while ago. You wore an extra large shirt which is sliding to your right side, showing your right shoulder and a short, not a short on but the ones that boys usually wear, the one that’s about half an inch below the knee. You opened the door revealing your personal mad with the bodyguards beside her holding guns. Neat. You thought. She looked concerned and worried. “What happened, Miss? Are you alright? Are there burglars? Kidnappers? Rap—“ You cut her off with your palm in front of her face only a few centimetres away. “I’m fine no need to worry. It’s just a phone call so leave me alone now.” You said, coldly.

 

“Yes, Miss. And breakfast is already. You can join him now.” She said then bowed, waiting for my answer before she raise her head.

 

“Him?” You asked, disgusted.

 

“Yes, Miss. Your Dad’s here and he’s in the dining table already.” She said, smiling brightly. You slammed the door shut and locked it. “I don’t want to eat so leave me alone now!” You shouted from inside so she can hear it. “Yes, Miss!” She answered back. You can sense disappointment in her voice but you brushed it off and went back to the game. Your phone vibrated. A message came.

 

 

From: Baekhyun[8:11am]

I’m expecting everyone to be here before 9, okay?

~GM

 

You sighed. You went to the bathroom and took a bath. After that, you went to your closet. You wore a Wolf 88 hoodie, black jeans and red Vans shoes. You dried your hair and combed it. You went to your drawer and took your eyeliner. You went to the mirror and put some. You studied your face. Bangs on the left, few strand of your hair from the side dyed with blonde and your fierce eyes. You looked satisfied so you grabbed your wallet and your phone. 45 minutes and you’re ready. You ran downstairs not wanting to encounter that man. You went to the kitchen and saw your driver. He stood up and bowed. You just nodded and spotted bread. You looked at it.

 

Made in Canada.

 

He just came home from Canada, huh? You thought. You took one and ate it. Your back rested on the wall while you finished your bread. You saw the driver. You almost forgot that you owned 2 cars. He saw you staring at him. He stood up and bowed again.

 

“May I help you, Miss?” he asked, politely.

 

You looked at him with a no-expression face. “Where’s my key?” you asked. He looked at you and smiled. “It’s been a long ti—“ You cut him off.

 

“Just give it to me. I want the yellow one.” You said.

 

“I just get it from my room, Miss” He bowed then ran upstairs. You finished eating and took a breath spray to freshen your mouth. You went near the Main door and rested your back on the wall with arms crossed, looking at the floor. The driver came and handed you the keys. “You can text me if you need me to send it back here, Miss.” He bowed then smiled.

 

“Yeah, Th—“ You paused. He looked at you, expecting something from your mouth to come out. Instead you smiled. “Whatever.” You sticked your tongue out at him, playfully. He was left there, dumbfounded. You ran outside and went to your favourite car, the yellow one named, Genesis. You drove to the mall. You looked at your phone.

 

9:17am.

 

You smirked. You’re late but you just smirked. They can wait. You thought. You ran inside and saw them there waiting at the bench with with an annoyed Baekhyun glaring at you. “Yeah, Now let’ go.” You said, smiling. “No ‘sorry I’m late’!?” Baekhyun said, with his arms crossed. “The others laughed. Then your smile disappeared and gave him your scariest blank-face look. He stepped back and just pouted. He walked away and led you guys to the arcade.

 

“You’re good.” Someone said. You turned your face and saw Xiumin smiling at you. “What?” you asked, coldly. “I said you’re good. Baekhyun was really scared.” He laughed. You raised your brow at him. “Just right now that you realized I was good?” You asked. He ignored your question. “I’ll just play Basketball with Sehunnie there!” He said then ran towards Sehun. “Weirdo.” You said. Your hands were in your hoodie’s pockets. You spotted D.O playing something. You went to him. “Hey, Dyo.” You called. He looked at you then showed you his famous heart-shaped smile. “Hey, Soo Min.” He replied then went back to his game. He pressed the button and the ball fell. The ball was bouncing and bouncing on the moving thingy there with holes. D.O was cheering beside him. You looked back at the game and it landed on a hole with number 12 on it. Soon the tickets were out. It’s 12 of them. D.O shouted with joy. What the hell? You thought. “I’ll be going now.” You said. He nodded.

 

 

You saw Suho and Baekhyun fighting while holding a hammer. You went to them. “I can hit harder!” Baekhyun yelled. “No! I can!” Suho yelled back. The people are starting looked, murmured and laughed at them. Well, who wouldn’t? They looked like 5-year-olds. You stopped from your tracks and turned your backs at them. You don’t know them. You don’t know them. You thought. Then voices called you. “SOO MIN! I can hit harder than him, right?” They both yelled. This is embarrassing. You went to them and yelled back. “SHUT THE UP AND PLAY!” They nodded many times then went back to the game. The people looked at you, probably scared. Then you make your leave. You saw a teddy bear in a game and Xiumin was trying to get that small bear. You went to it. The game has a label.

 

The Crane.

 

He was startled by your appearance. “Hey, Umin.” You said. He smiled at you. He tried to get the bear but he can’t. “I’ll do it. Move aside.” You shove him away. He tried to protest but you gave him a Shut-up-and-let-me-do-it look.  You played the game and with one try you got the bear that Xiumin wants. He thank you joyfully. You gave him the bear and he took it. You tried to leave but he grabbed your wrist. You looked at him. “Actually, I was supposed to give this bear to you when I caught so…” He gave you the bear but you didn’t take it. You just looked at it. “But you didn’t catch it.” You said to him. He wa sspeechless because you were right. “I was the one who caught it.” You took the bear from his hands. You looked at the bear then him. He was confused. He blinked many times. “So I will be the one giving this to you.” You gave him the bear then smiled. Since you forgave Luhan already, you kind of felt relieved. Xiumin was staring at the bear for a long time. He doesn’t know what to say. “U-u…” He tried to say something but he was too overwhelmed to continue. “You’re welcome.” You whispered at his ear with a smiled. You patted Xiumin’s head and ruffled his hair then you made your leave. You saw a coffee stall near a bench so went to it. “I’d like to buy on—“ You were cut off by someone.

“I’d like two coffee, please.”

 

It’s Xiumin.

 

“My treat.” He smiled.

 

“No. My treat.” You said.

“No—“ Xiumin saw your face and instead he said, “Yeah, your treat.”

 

You smiled and paid the guy. You sat on the bench near it. “Here.” You handed Xiumin the other coffee. He took it and thank you. “Here, sit down beside me.” You patted the space beside you. His eyes widen. OMG. I’m in heaven~ She offered me to sit beside her~~ after years~~He thought, dreamily.

 

“Xiumin!” She called, snapping your fingers in front of him. He snapped back to reality. “You’re drooling.” You said, frankly. “No! I’m not!” He denied. You pointed at the corner of his lips. He quickly wiped it away and blushed from embarrassment. He sat beside. He smiled and drank his coffee. It’s been a couple of minutes that there was silence. You only break awkward silences not comfortable silences. Yeah, you’re comfortable with Xiumin.

 

“They’re going to just sit down and keep their mouths SHUT!?” someone familiar yelled. You tried to looked around but you saw nothing. You looked at Xiumin but he looked away. You stood up and said, “I’ll go there somewhere, okay? Tell them I’ll be at the counter.” You said. You went to the counter where prizes can be bought by tickets. You looked at the prizes. Pillows, Notebooks, Bags, Balls…You saw something, white bear with a black bowtie. It’s cute. It’s human size too. You stared at it. The last thing you saw was it being taken away by the counter guy. You quickly left the counter, trying to look for your friends. You saw at the bench that you were sitting a while ago. You didn’t realize that  you guys were at the arcade for hours now. It’s lunch time. “Hey, Baek. Going to treat lunch too?” You asked. He smiled at you and nodded. “Of course!” You saw your friend holding different prizes. D.O with notebooks. For D.O it would be useful then Baek have a cute plushie, Suho with a bookmark, Chanyeol with a Basket ball, Sehun and Kai have bags and…oh? “Where’s Xiumin?” You asked. They pointed behind you. You looked back but instead of him…your nose bumped into something soft.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Chapter: Something soft? Like what?

 

Authour's Note: If there's errors, please tell me. I'm not perfect, okay?  Subscribe or upvote if you like. Comment if you want to say or ask something. Thanks! ajujuju~ Saranghaeyo~~ ^-^