Chapter 11

Drunk when I met you, ~

Sooner or later, lightning starts to flash and thunders roared really loud. You quickly sat up from your bed, remembering the lightning and thunders thingy. You quickly reached for your door and went outside.

 

 

You remembered now. Because of that sudden information, you quickly ran out and forgot the thing that you need. You groaned, ruffling your hair in frustration. You went back inside, swiftly. You opened your drawers, looking for something. You threw everything that you held in the drawer. After a few seconds of throwing things, you found what you need, a headphones. Thunders roared once again. You grabbed your phone and went out. You heard a loud scream. You looked for the room where it came from. You ran so fast looking on every side. Curse you, enormous mansion! Every step you take thunders made their noise. Together with that, you heard screams and cries. Soon, you spotted what you’re looking for, a white-painted door. You grabbed the door knob and twisted it open. Lightning flashed and thunders roared, as well.

 

 

You heard a loud scream from the inside. You took a step inside and searched the room. You saw no one. The bed was a mess. The comforter lay on the carpet. The lamp was on the ground. 2 suitcases were opened; the clothes were scattered too. A large body bag was thrown on the carpet, as well. You walked deeply inside the room, scanning every corner. Where? You thought.

 

 

Another thunder roared and it was a loud one, even louder than the ones before. You heard a loud scream again and it was...coming from the...

 

 

Wardrobe?

 

 

You walked towards the wardrobe. You stood in front of it. You placed your free hand on the wardrobe handle. You slowly opened it, revealing...Your precious demon,

 

 

Kim Lo Ren.

 

 

She was there, sitting while her legs are curled up to her chest with her shaking hands on her ears. She was crying. Her quivering lips can say it. She looked so worn-out. Her knees are wet from tears and her tears won’t stop falling. She’s so insensitive with the people around her when she’s being attacked like this. Even if you’re so close to her, she won’t notice unless you touch her. You forgot that this kid here has a phobia. You want to slam your head with a hammer. How can you forget? Thunders roared once again and of course, she screamed. Her voice already broke. Your face softened at her state. Your heart sank.

 

 

“M-Make i-it s-stop...” She cried.

 

 

You connected the headphones to your phone quickly. You removed her hands from her ears using your free hand. You swiftly let her wear the headphones. Your phone was playing a gentle music. She flinched when you touched her abruptly. But the thought that she can hear a gentle music right now makes her calm down a bit. But still, she was shaking in fear. You sat next to her and hugged her shoulders. You let her head rest on your shoulders as she slowly fell asleep. She was still sniffing though.

 

 

You were there sitting manly inside an open wardrobe. Just now, it started to rain cats and dogs. You sighed deeply. How can you forget that she has one? Describing her earlier, you did mention that she’s fragile and weak. This is what you meant right? UGH! Why is this so hard?

 

 

You stayed awake for hours. You wanted to grab a soju right now. But you’re stuck with Lo Ren and she’s sleeping peacefully on your shoulders. But this style of sleeping will gave her a freakin’ neck pain or whatever you call it. You decided to bring her to your room. You slowly moved your body. You gently placed her head on your back while her arms around your neck. You slowly lift her up. You’re like giving her a back ride. Let me remind you that this girl is heavy. You let her room open. You walked normally on the hall way. After a few minutes, you reached your skull-painted room. You gently kicked it open. You walked inside, dodging your mess on the ground a while ago. You placed her on your bed, slowly. You stretched your body. You grabbed your comforter and tucked it up to her chest. You sighed. You glanced at the time.

 

 

8:48pm

 

 

You are feeling drowsy but you stayed awake to watched over Lo Ren. You took your phone. The music is still playing so it’s fine to move your phone a bit. You unlocked it and opened the messages.

 

 

From: Chen[5:15pm]

You need to fix my doors. :P

 

 

The messages increased. A while ago at the car there were two; now there were 13. You sighed and opened the rest.

 

 

From: Xiumin[5:18pm]

Sorry late reply. I just read your text. Anyway, why can’t I? Well, it’s already 5 so I’ll just come tomorrow?

 

 

From Xiumin[6:01pm]

Is being silent a yes?

 

 

From: Xiumin[6:03pm]

I’ll come over then.

 

 

From: Xiumin[6:06pm]

Heeeey~ I admit it. I’m bored, okay? Text back, please?

 

 

From: Chen[6:06pm]

Yah! Don’t ignore me! You have to fix it! T^T

 

 

From: Chen[6:08pm]

I’m serious here. My parents will kill me if they find this!

 

 

Stupid, I don’t care if you’re parents find out! You thought, still reading the messages.

 

 

From: Xiumin[6:08pm]

I’m lonely. At least let me come over tomorrow.

 

 

From: Chen[6:10pm]

You need to come with me. Tomorrow, we’ll go shopping for doors, okay?

 

 

OH GEEZ, now these two are making your head explode! You can’t go to a different place at once. Well, Xiumin said he’ll come over then you can leave. He’ll just COME OVER, right? You don’t need to be at home. He wants to come over then fine! Well, something around your heart wants you to reschedule Chen’s shopping and hang-out with Xiumin. Ugh. Usually, you will say no to both of them but this time’s different.

 

 

You were sitting on the corner of your bed, by the way.

 

 

From: Chen[7:45pm]

Hey. You should accompany me, okay? You owe me a lot, actually.

 

 

You scoffed at the message.

 

 

From: Xiumin[7:54pm]

Seriously, I want to come. Can I come tomorrow?

 

 

You don’t know what to do. You want to be with Xiumin but it’s your fault that Chen’s doors were knocked out. Wait. Why do you want to hang-out with Xiumin again? And...if Chen answered you a while ago the doors won’t be like that. But he was unconscious. You’re stupid. You continued reading the previous messages.

 

 

From: Chen[8:03pm]

Is 9:30am okay?

I’ll pick you up? Or you’ll come here?

 

 

From: Xiumin[8:10pm]

I’ll come over at 9:30am.

 

 

They did what? They just planned without your approval. Stupid bastards. You typed your reply or maybe replies.

 

 

To: Xiumin[9:00pm]

You can—

 

 

“I think you should hang-out with Chen oppa. It’s your fault, after all.”

 

You fell from your bed in surprise. You looked at the bed and saw the monkey grinning at you. You glared at her while rubbing your . She sat up straight. The headphones were placed around her neck. Her eyes were puffed and sore. But she is still smiling. You glanced at your phone then back to Lo Ren. You looked back at your phone then GLARED at Lo Ren.

 

 

“Did you read my messages!?” You yelled.

 

 

She nodded.

 

 

Questions were roaming around your brain. How long was she there? Did she read everything? How come you didn’t feel her presence? Is she a ninja or something? You were breathing heavily.

 

 

“As I was saying, you should accompany Chen oppa because it’s your fault.” She said, crossing your arms.

 

 

Your brows furrowed. How this monster did know that it’s your fault? “How’d you know it’s mine?” You questioned. She held her temples and shook her head. She raised her head up and looked at you.

 

 

“I’ve been reading your messages when you took your phone. You’ve been saying your thoughts out loud and...Do you, by any chance, like Xiumin oppa?” Her eyes were teasingly shining. You brain wanted to puke but your heart just...skip a beat? That’s weird. [A/N: Sorry guys I don’t know how to describe feelings of love. Never experienced it.] What is this kid talking about? LIKE? The answer is no...right? But your heart’s been beating something different.

 

 

“What are you talking about, you brat?” You blurted.

 

 

“Someone’s blushing!” She giggled. Your eyes widened and touched your cheeks. What the hell? You? Blushing? But that’s impossible! You’re still touching your cheeks. You heard Lo Ren preventing herself to laugh. You glared at her in return. “This is anger, you ! Just rest your eyes, rest your voice and sleep!” You yelled at her.

 

 

“Okay. I’ll stop. You can just say stop, right? You’re really not use to these feelings huh?” She said, resting her body on the bed. You went closer to her and tucked the comforter to her chest. She pouted. “I’m not a kid anymore. I can do that.” You ignored her complaints and sat next to her. You pretended to focus on your phone. You kept quiet for a while and pressed invisible things on your phone. You took a glimpse of Lo Ren. She still awake with her gaze focused on the ceiling. The only things that you two can hear are the drops of rain outside. “How are you now?” You asked, breaking the silence.

 

 

“I’m...fine.” She replied.

 

 

You put your phone down. “Did you know?” You asked. You caught her brows furrowed. “Know what?” She asked back.

 

 

You sighed then face her. “That there will be thunders, lightning and rain this night.” You answered.

 

 

“Yeah.” She responded.

 

 

You poke her head slightly that made her face you. “Why didn’t you tell me?” You questioned. Lo Ren abruptly sat up and punched your arm. You didn’t flinched because it didn’t hurt that much. “What?” You asked. “I was ABOUT to tell you about the weather report BUT you TOLD me that YOU don’t care if I WATCHED TV or NOT!” she then quickly got back to her position a while ago, facing the other direction.

 

 

You let her be and texted Xiumin and Chen back.

 

 

To: Xiumin[9:27pm]

You can but DON’T YOU DARE ENTER MY ROOM.

 

 

To: Chen[9:29pm]

I’ll come over and bring Genesis with me.

 

 

 

You were about to place your phone at the table when it vibrated twice. You groaned and unlocked your phone again.

 

 

From: Xiumin[9:30pm]

Yay! ^-^ But make sure to get Minseokkie out so I don’t need to enter your room and get it! Talk to me this night pleeeease?

 

 

From: Chen[9:30pm]

At last, you replied! Okay, sure. Could you at least talk to me until I fall asleep?

 

 

This two are pain in the . You stood up and fished a bottle. You drank its half. You want to sleep too. You sat back to your place again. You want to shut Chen up because you’re pretty sure he won’t stop texting now that you replied. On the other hand, you want to reply to Xiumin and talk to him but...that would be unfair. No, you’ll ahng-out with Chen tomorrow, right? Then you should, at least, talk to Xiumin this night because you can’t hang-out with him tomorrow. But something flashed in your mind.

 

 

“Do you, by any chance, like Xiumin oppa?”

 

 

You shook your head furiously. Your heart was beating so fast. You could feel your cheeks burning. You ran to the bathroom and splashed some water on your face. You went back and finished your bottle. You went back to bed and replied.

 

 

To: Xiumin, Chen[9:39pm]

No, I’m sleepy and shut up okay? I need to rest for tomorrow.

 

 

With that, you shut your phone off and laid your body beside Lo Ren. Your body wanted to sleep but your mouth was craving for more bottles. Lo Ren was already asleep so maybe it’s okay to drink a few more bottles.

 

 

No, I’m awake. And you’re saying your thoughts out loud again. Just sleep, Unni.” Lo Ren blurted. Your eyes widened again. But your mouth really wants more. Your hands were fidgeting and you won’t stop drooling. You face the left then the right the...UGH! stupid Lo Ren. Telling you what to do what not to do.

 

 

“Thank you, by the way.” Someone said. You faced your left and saw Lo Ren fast asleep. You looked at the ceiling and do nothing but think.

 

 

When will you learn to say thank you with sincerity so easily just like that?

 

 

When will you forgive?

 

 

When will you feel yourself from anger?

 

 

When will you learn to love freely?

 

 

Then you drifted to sleep.

 

 

--

 

 

A loud noise woke you up from your sleep. Your eyes opened slowly and lazily. The sun shined so bright that you have to close your eyes again. You sat up from your bed. You bet your hair is like a bird’s nest now. You rubbed your right eye with your right hand. You yawned. You looked to your left and saw no one. You looked around and Lo Ren was out of sight. You left your bed and knock at the bathroom. No one answered. You reached for the door knob and went out of your room. You looked around, scratching your head. Your personal maid passed by with a basket of laundry. She bowed at you before pacing again. You halted her.

 

 

“Wait.” You said.

 

She looked back with a confused face. “Yes, Miss?” She asked.

 

 

“Have you seen Lo Ren?” You walked near her.

 

“Umm...Yes. She’s in the kitchen, Miss. She said she wants to cook breakfast.” She smiled then bowed.  You nodded at her in reply. You were gazing at her as her shadow slowly fades away from the hallway. What was the maid’s name again? You don’t know. You don’t know a single person in this house besides your relatives. You didn’t bother asking them. How can they smile when you’ve been a snob to them for years? They serve you and stuff but you didn’t bother smiling. Even ajusshi, your driver, you don’t even know his name. You sighed deeply. You walked downstairs and went straight to the kitchen. As you were coming nearer to the place the noises are becoming louder. You stopped at your spot and saw Lo Ren making a disaster in the place. She was holding a pan. The counter was full of flour. The sink was really dirty. Her white apron was full stain. Even her face was a mess. You fake a cough loud enough for her to hear. She glanced at you with a apologetic smile. “H-hi?” She blurted.

 

 

You went near her. You snatched the pan out of her hands and put it down. You looked around you once again then back to Lo Ren. You sighed. “What the do you think you’re doing?” You asked.

 

 

“Well, I just wanted to make you breakfast as a sign of gratitude last night!” She waved her hands in the air. You put her hands down then sarcastically said, “Be my slave. That’s a sign of gratitude.”

 

 

You paced back to your room upstairs with Lo Ren following you. You were already in front of your room when you saw your personal made again and she’s carrying another laundry basket. She’s walking this way. She saw you and Lo Ren then bowed.

 

 

“Wait.” You called.

 

 

She looked back again with a genuine smile. “Yes, Miss?” She asked.

 

 

“What’s your name?” You asked.

 

 

You saw her eyes widened before smiling again. Her eyes were a little glassy like she’s about to cry. She bit her bottom lip before smiling. “I-It’s Hyoyeon, Miss.” She bowed.

 

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Hyoyeon. Sorry if I don’t know your name for so many years.” You apologized. She shook her head.

 

 

“I’m here for years but...I only started serving you 3 years ago, Miss. The one who served you was my mother. She...already passed away.” She slightly bowed.

 

 

You froze. For years, you ignored everybody's existence. Now, you didn't even know that they were gone. You only cared about yourself. You're such a selfish brat. A spoiled one, actually, not caring and stuff. Crying won't solve anything. Let me just remind you that you have a heart of stone. It's not that easy to make you cry. The lastr time you cried so hard was when Luhan came to your life.

 

 

“I’m sorry...for being an idiot. I didn’t even thank her for everything.” You looked on the ground with a poker face.

 

 

“It’s fine, Miss. I know she’s happy that at least you know my name. And...you’re starting to be yourself again.” She smiled again, bowing. Then she left.

 

 

You were left there standing. Be yourself again? What’s that suppose to mean? You felt a poke from your left. You ignored her face and went straight to the bathroom. You ignored her calls. Lo Ren was about to enter but you locked it instantly. She sigehd. Those times that you were smiling was the best picture of your love ones. Lo Ren was included in those. She was happy that time but... evrything change when your Mom was gone in the blink of an eye. Because of an accident, lives were taken away.She took a look outside the window and saw...Bus 12.

 

 

She smiled. My unni’s going back to her old self huh? Lo Ren thought. She glanced at the time.

 

 

8:54am

 

 

Her first love will arrive soon. She teased in thought, hearing the sounds of showers from the bathroom.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sorry for the boring chapter. I'm really sorry. Happyu birthday by the way to my friend. Won't name her though. Gotta go guys. I have two tests tomorrow. -.-

Please comment, subscribe or...upvote. Your choice! You can recommend my story to your friends that are fans of XiuChen ship. Thanks! Ajujuju~~SarangSarang!