Chapter 10

Drunk when I met you, ~

 

“Now, what are you doing here?” You asked, coldly.

 

 

Your Dad crossed his arms. “Is that how you say a greeting?” He asked. You paced downstairs, ignoring his question, more like ignoring him. The creature grinned at you widely and...cutely. You walked really slowly because of your headache. You don’t really have a remedy or something. She clung on your left arm. “How rude, Min~unni. I know you miss me. Don’t deny it.” She said.

 

 

You removed her grip, not harshly, just normal. “What are you doing here, Lo Ren?” You asked again. She pouted at you disappointedly. She crossed her arms. “You didn’t read my message?” She raised a brow. You remembered that there was another message that you didn’t read. (Because it’s not from Xiumin) Feeling guilty, you ignored her and went straight to the spacious and elegant dining room. You didn’t notice that your Dad has left the living room a while ago because he’s now sitting at his chair probably waiting for you and Lo Ren. Well, you didn’t really pay attention to his existence a while ago.

 

 

He noticed you and he cracked a smile. “It’s been a long time that you will join me in eating.” He smiled. That sentence makes you want to puke, mentally. You raised a brow in disgust. “Don’t push your luck.” You scoffed. You grabbed three slices of bread and a glass of pineapple juice from the table.

 

 

“Unni, where are you going?” Lo Ren asked. You glanced at her while walking peacefully towards the back door. “I’m going to eat outside.” You plainly replied. With that answer, you jogged outside. A warm morning breeze welcomes you. Now, your headache starts to fade away. You walked at a spot in the middle of the garden. You sat, carefully putting down your food. You’re sitting in an Indian sit style.

 

 

You were sitting calmly when someone tapped your shoulder from behind. You looked back, revealing Lo Ren. Oh, I forgot to describe her physical features. Her face’s shape is kinda good. Her medium-sized hair is black but it has strands that are colored blonde. It has a few curls in the end too. To tell you the truth, it’s natural. Her eyes are hazel brown. She has a fair skin and she’s cute. She’s 4 years younger than you, by the way and she’s your cousin. Her name is Kim Lo Ren. Now back to the story.

 

 

“What?” You asked.

 

 

“Can I join you, unni?” She asked.

 

 

You sighed because you’re not in the mood to fight with her. You nodded instead then focused your gazed on your food again as you started eating. She sat beside you. She also brought her breakfast. You took a glimpse of her side profile, munching your bread. She put her hair behind her ear. You remembered that this kid here is really innocent. Her brain’s full of innocence while yours’ polluted. You know what I mean. Silence wrapped around the two of you. The only things that you could here were honking of horns from far away, chirping of birds, and probably the rustling of the winds.

 

 

“So...” she started speaking, breaking the silence.

 

 

You glanced at her in a split second before grabbing the juice then taking a sip. “How are you now?” She asked. You drank half of the juice in the glass before answering, “I don’t know, still the same?” You shrugged. She tried to finish her first bread. Then she asked again, “Still the same? So nothing changed much?”

 

 

You nodded, being all so lazy to answer a simple ‘Yes’.

 

 

How are those aliens?” She questioned.

 

 

You chuckled at her statement but still your eyes showed emptiness. “Still the same. Noisy as always.” You replied. Then your mind was pasted at the thought of Chen. You almost forgot about him. What will you do? You haven’t said sorry or thank you. You are such an idiot, being so insensitive with the feelings of others. Daeyle said it too.

 

 

Lo Ren snapped her finger in front of your face. “Unni!” She said.

 

 

“Hey...” You called. “What will you do if you hurt someone then just...left him behind without thanks or sorry?” You asked, seriously. She looked at you straight in the eye with disbelief.

 

 

“You...hurt one of their feelings, right?” She tried to clarify. Meanwhile, you, being guilty, desperate and stuff, nodded. She patted your shoulders.

 

 

“Then...go straight to him and say sorry and thank you too. As simple as that.” Lo Ren said. Your eyebrows furrowed, not wanting to believe what she said. It’s so simple then why haven’t you thought of that?

 

 

Soon, out of nowhere, you heard a chuckle, it’s from Lo Ren. “You’re already 25 and it feels like it’s the first time you encountered an argument with a friend where you don’t know how to say sorry. HAHAHA.”

 

 

If she weren’t the cousin you treasure the most, you would’ve punched her in the face already. You stood up from the Bermuda grass you were sitting on and grabbed the plate and glass. You started to walked back inside with a made-up mind. You put the dishes on the sink and paced upstairs.

 

 

“Hey!” Someone grabbed your shoulders from behind. You’re already in front of your room. You looked behind and saw Lo Ren. “What is it?” You asked.

 

 

“I’m sorry I laughed. Don’t get mad, please.” She said, putting her hands behind her back. You chuckled at her. You patted her head and ruffled her hair. “I’m not mad, silly. I’ll just go somewhere and I’m in a hurry.” You ran inside your room and closed it.

 

 

You opened it again and peeked outside. She’s still there. “Carry your bags there at the white-painted door. Ask someone else to help you out.” You closed the door. You swiftly grabbed a black body bag and placed the things you needed inside.

 

 

You put your phone, wallet and Chen’s clothes inside. You grabbed a towel then entered the bathroom, of course, to take a bath. After a few minutes, you ran walked outside the bathroom. You opened your closet, trying to choose the clothes to wear.

 

 

You wore a black T-shirt and a sweater. You also wore jeans together with your gray Vans shoes. You went to your drawer and took the eyeliner. You put some on your eyes. You brushed your hair and at last, you’re ready to go. You slung the body bag on your shoulder and took your car keys. You swiftly went out of your room and ran downstairs. You’re like a ninja because no one noticed you leaving. You glanced at you watch.

 

 

11:25am

 

 

You went to your garage to fetch your favourite car, Genesis. You opened the front door and threw the bag inside. You sat on the driver’s seat and started the engine. You drove out of your mansion. With a heartbeat, you’re already in the main road. You were driving peacefully, thank God. But your mind’s not at peace. You kept on thinking on what kind of words should you say to him, Chen. You were thinking random ways of saying sorry. Some might work but it’s really complicated. Some are stupid, like seriously. Until, you thought of a way.

 

 

Bribery.

 

 

You drove off to Myeongdeong. You parked your car then left your beloved Genesis. You also left your bag inside. The only things that you brought were your phone, wallet and car keys. You went inside, not knowing what kind of thing or things you will buy. You should buy something that Chen always uses. You glanced at a corner, Cell Boy. He already has earphones and he’s not collecting those stuff. You glanced at another corner, Giordano. He’s not that picky on clothes. You took a glimpse at another store, National Bookstore. Well, it’ll work but...he’s not interested in books. You sighed. You’re playing with your car keys thinking of a gift, more like a peace offering. Then a store caught you eye, it’s a bags’ corner. You remembered that it’s his style to collect those so-called clutch bags. You quickly skipped at the place. You studied the place as soon as you opened the door. It has a perfect colour that matches with the floor and the shelves. It has pretty lights, giving a significant beauty at the place. Maybe Chen likes clutch bags because of the cute store too that gave him the interest to collect some. A clerk went near you. You planted a blank face as usual.  “How may I help you, Ma’am?” He asked.

 

 

Maybe Chen’s a regular costumer, right? “Hey, do you know a guy named, Chen?” You asked.

 

 

He nodded as a response. “He’s our regular costumer. I bet he bought hundreds of clutch bags here.” He smiled. You nodded as a sign that you understand, more like an ‘Ah, I see.’

 

 

“Do you know his style?” You questioned.

 

 

“Yes. Right this way, Ma’am.” He guided you to the shelf where they sell clutch bags. You saw different kinds. You can’t choose, actually. The clerk took a clutch bag with a plain design. He handed it to you. Your eyebrows furrowed. You looked at him straight in the eye with a blank face. “What’s this?” You asked, coldly.

 

 

“Um...T-That’s his s-style.” He stuttered. “He said he like simple and plain-colored bag because it’s like the girl she likes. That’s the one that he really liked but...he can’t afford it because it’s really expensive. That’s the most expensive bag here.” He added.

 

 

You froze at his story. Chen was talking about you. Even before, he really liked you but you didn’t notice. “He’s not visiting for 3 days...I think which is weird. I wonder what happened to him. The last time he went here, he said he will confess before his friend made the first move.” He continued.

 

 

Without thinking, you already made a decision. “How much is this bag?” You asked.

 

 

“Um... it’s ******* won.” He replied. You nodded. You have a credit card, of course. You’re actually richer than Suho. Chen’s rich too but he likes to save money. “I’ll take it. Where’s the counter?” You asked.

 

 

“Right this way.” He smiled.

 

 

You paid the clutch bag and glanced at the time.

 

 

135pm

 

 

 

You thanked the clerk then left the shop. Your phone vibrated while you’re walking. You looked at contact name.

 

 

Xiumin.

 

 

You swiftly opened the message. Deep inside you’re excited.

 

 

From: Xiumin[1:38pm]

Hey, can I come over?

 

 

You felt sad because he can’t. You have something to do. You wanted to say ‘okay’ but...ugh. Wait. Did you just felt sad because he can’t come? Usually, you will quickly reply ‘Don’t you ing go to my house.’ Why? Why? Why? You shook your head like an idiot. You replied back.

 

 

To: Xiumin[1:40pm]

I have things to do. I’m not home too.

 

You sighed, satisfied. You jogged towards Genesis. You opened the passenger’s door and put the paper bag inside. You closed the door then went to the other side. You were about to open the door when something caught your attention. You can’t see it clearly because of the distance. But...

 

 

Is that D.O? with a girl?

 

 

They were holding hands while walking inside a restaurant. It’s like they’re in a date. To know if it really is D.O you texted him.

 

 

To: Kyungsoo[1:45pm]

Hey.

 

 

You waited for the guy or D.O to fetch his phone and to your luck he took it. He read the message. Yep, it is D.O but why would he hide that he’s dating someone? You brushed those thoughts off and focused on your mission. You went inside the car and drove away. I’ll ask him later You thought.

 

 

You went straight first to a bar. You bought another box and placed at the back of Genesis. That’s when you drove fast to reach Chen’s house. You parked in front of their gate. You grabbed his clothes and went inside. You knocked a few times. There’s no answer. You grabbed the door knob and it’s locked. You paced back to Genesis and took a wrench from behind. You went back to the door and in short, you ruined the door knob. You kicked the door hard that it’s wide open now. It’s...quiet. Silence is wrapped around you. You walked slowly towards his room. Memories of your stupidity were coming back. The time when you ran, when you shouted at him, EVERYTHING. It’s still clear in your head. You gathered all of your bravery and you were about to knock when you saw a note pasted on his door.

 

 

Chen,

 

We are on day-off the following days, probably 3 days because we need to go back to our province. No one will be left there. Your parents informed us that you can sleep at your friends’ house. Eat a lot.

 

-Servants

 

 

You placed the note inside your pocket. You knocked on Chen’s door but there’s no answer. You knocked harshly this time, trying to wake him up, just in case. But still, no answer. You were starting to panic. Without thinking, you kicked the door, furiously. You kicked it for a couple of times and then it crashed.

 

 

Then you saw something that made you horrified.

 

 

--

 

 

Here you are at the hospital. You were waiting for the doctor to come out. You only arrived here a few minutes ago. You didn’t cal anybody like what the doctor said. You were sitting calmly outside the room. Your arms and legs are crossed. Wow, why are you so relaxed? Well, here’s what happened.

 

 

--

 

You saw Chen unconscious on the carpet. You kneeled next to him and poked his body. You tried to wake him up but he won’t. You checked if he was breathing and he was! Thank God. You grabbed his arm and brought him to your car. He was pretty heavy, though. You placed him inside and quickly drove to the hospital.

 

The doctor said he’s going to be okay so you don’t need to call any relatives.

 

--

 

Now, here you are, waiting for him to get out. And your prayers came true, he just came out. You stood up, brushing your jeans. “So, how’s he?’ You asked.

 

 

“He’s fine. He’s dehydrated. Maybe he’s not eating and drinking for a couple of days but he’s fine now. Just feed him fruits and vegetables for now so he can recover fast. And oh, he’ll wake up soon. He can be discharged after he woke up if you want, Miss Soo Min” He replied. He passed you but you caught his arm. He looked at you questionably. “What do you think is the reason that people don’t eat or drink for days?” You asked.

 

 

You let go of him. He fixed his eyeglasses and faced you. “It’s probably because of depression. Well, there are other reasons but that’s the most common. Some can even be crazy because of it.” He replied. He bowed then left.

 

 

You opened the door, quietly. You saw a guy sitting on the bed, his eyes fixed on the view outside the window. You were really a ninja, he didn’t notice you. You paced towards his bed, with no sound. You stood there looking at him blankly with your hands inside our pocket. You heard him sighed.

 

 

“Do you want to kill yourself?” You asked out of nowhere. You saw him jumped in surprise. He looked at you with his hand on his chest. He was about to sat something then closed his mouth. He looked outside again, averting your stare. “Answer me, Chen.”

 

 

You took a glimpse of his hands and they were clenching. “Yeah.” He replied.

 

 

You were taken aback by his answer. “What?’ You asked again, pretending not to hear his answer. He looked at you. “Yes, I was trying to kill myself.” He mumbled. You held his shoulder, hard. “What were you thinking!? Why’d you do that?” You yelled.

 

 

He pushed you away. Tears are starting to fall from his eyes. “B-Because of you. I didn’t expect that kind of answer! I-I KNOW I W-WAS WRONG TOO BUT Y-YOU J-JUST...you could’ve just said, ‘sorry, I can’t or something.’ I don’t know!” He cried. “Y-You...I took care of y-you but then I g-got rejected j-just like that! You could at l-least say thanks for—“ You cut him off when you hugged him tight.

 

 

You knew you were wrong too. It’s your entire fault that he’s here. It’s your fault that he wants to take suicide. You broke him for days. He’s been suffering. Your eyes won’t form tears though but deep inside you’re hurt because Chen’s like this because of you. He cried harder and hugged you back. You played with his hair. You have a blank face though.

 

 

“Alright. I know it’s my fault. I just left you there crying, alone without thanks or sorry. I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry I hurt you. I’m sorry that I didn’t say thank you.” You said, breaking the hug.

 

 

“You can be discharged now. Wanna go home?” You asked. He nodded.

 

 

--

 

 

You two arrived at his house. Awkward silence surrounds you. He got out of the car and went inside. You quickly took his clothes and clutch bag; you followed him behind. To his horror, he saw broken door. He’s standing there with wide-eyes. He looked at you in disbelief. “I’m sorry. It’s locked. I have to open it so I can check on you.” You explained with a poker face. He shook his head and went inside. He paced upstairs. You followed him, carrying your peace offering. His eyes widened again when he saw his door on the floor. He looked at you again. “You weren’t answering.” You explained.

 

 

“Why do you have to ruin my doors?” He asked in disbelief.

 

 

You handed him his clothes, ignoring his question. He took it. “Thanks for the clothes. Thanks for taking care of me. Thanks for your concern.” You thanked him. He ignored you and went inside his room. How stupid. Playing hard to get are we? “Hey.” You called out. He ignored you.  “Please forgive me for ruining your doors.” You said.

 

 

“Hey...Forgive me, dude.”

 

 

He looked at you. He walked in front of you. “I’ll forgive you in one condition.” He said, leaning forward. This troll. You know what he’s up to. You are going to kick his , like seriously. You’re going to break every bone he has. You’re going to make him drink his own blood. “What?” You growled.

 

 

“I’m going to kiss you.” He stated. You glared at him with a disgusted face. “I don’t do those stuffs. It .” You said.

 

 

“Then you do it.”

 

 

“Like the hell I will.” You replied.

 

 

“Then I won’t forgive you.” He crossed his arms like a kid. You waved the paper bag in front of him. “Forgive me and I’ll give you this.” You took the clutch bag out of the paper bag. His eyes widened. “Y-You...how’d y-you..?” He couldn’t finish his sentence.

 

 

“Fine. I want the bag...cheater. I forgive you” He mumbled.

 

 

You chuckled in victory. You handed him the bag. “Here you go.”

 

 

He went to his bed. His back is now facing you. With that, You gave him a back hug. “Forgive me with all your heart because I don’t do this sweety-sweety-lovey-dovey thingy. You understand?” You mumbled. You felt him nodded.

 

 

“Okay. I forgive you.” He said. You let go, satisfied. But your face has a poker face, as usual. “Thanks. I’ll go now.”

 

 

You jogged outside then went inside your car. You drove home with a normal speed. You glanced at the time to check.

 

 

4:54pm

 

 

You groaned. Time flies so fast. It’s really boring inside a thing that is quiet. Your phone vibrated twice but you shrugged it off because you’re driving. You don’t want to die in this kind of situation right? Sooner or later, you arrived at your beloved mansion. Note sarcasm.

 

 

You got out of the car and took your things. You went inside but UNLUCKILY, the angelic demon saw me. “Unni! How was it? Did he or she forgive you? Wait. You don’t have any girl best friends, I forgot. So, did HE forgive you? Did he? Did he?” She bombarded you with questions that you want to kept all to yourself. You placed your hands on your ears, trying not to hear her annoying voice. She stopped, at last. “Could you please leave me alone first? I’m tired, Lo Ren.” You said, putting your hands down. You paced upstairs. She followed you. When you stop, she’ll stop when you walked again she’ll walk again! How freakin’ annoying! “What do you want?” You asked, annoyed. Your right hand is placed on your door knob, ready to open it anytime. She looked at you. “Well, you see...I was watching TV...” She paused. You groaned loud enough for the neighbours to hear. “I don’t care if you watched TV or NOT! Geez. I’m tired right now.” You yelled. You went inside slamming the door. “B-But—“ Then you heard nothing but a loud BANG of the door. You threw your things and slumped on the bed. You were too harsh on her. She’s like a fragile porcelain. She’s cool but weak at times. I know how to comfort her. Wonder when she’ll have a relationship? Speaking of relationship, you forgot D.O you quickly texted him.

 

To: Kyungsoo[5:13pm]

Come over now.

 

From: Kyungsoo[5:15pm]

Sure.

 

You didn't bother reading the messaghes froma while ago. After a few minutes, the bell rang. You quickly jumped out of bed and ran downstairs. You were still wearing your clothes except the sweater. You opened the door, revealing D.O. He greeted you but you dragged him up to your room. He has his wide-eyes with him. Good, he’s still alive. “What is it?” He asked.

 

 

“You’re dating someone. Admit it.” You said, crossing your arms.

 

 

His body froxe on his spot. His eyes are fixed on you. His fingers are figeting. A hesitated look was plastered on his face. “Yeah...” He muttered. You can’t barely hear it. “What?” You asked.

 

 

Yeah... I’m dating someone.” He clearly stated. You let out a sigh. You rubbed your temples. You have your famous poker face right there. “Why’d you hide it, you ?” You questioned. He took a step back before lowering his head. He mumbled something. You can’t hear it, of course. With annoyance, you stomped your foot, making him jump in surprise. “Why!?” You mentally ripped your hair off your head, like seriously. “It’s because of Baekhyun, okay? I don’t want him to tease me but still, I’m not that careful and he sw me once. That’s what he used against me.” He said. Wait. Used against him? What does that mean? “Against you?” You tried to clarify. He nodded. “Remem ber the day he pranked you? That’s the reason why agreed to his plan because I don’t want him to spread it because I know you’ll tease me or something.” He said, averting your gaze. He rubbed his neck, feeling embarrassed.

 

 

You sighed. This kid needs protection from that stupid , Byun Baekhyun. That kid’s a natural. He’s really good at these stuff. In short, he’s dangerous. “I’ll protect you from him, stupid. He can’t tease you. Now stop hiding that relatinship and don’t be scared, okay? Now leave.”  You pointed at the door with a blank face. He pouted. “I thought I’ll sleep over?” He said. Your brow raised.

 

 

“Here? No way. Now go home before I kick your out.” You blurted.

 

 

“Rude. Okay then. Bye, Soo Min.” He waved goodbye and now he’s gone. You slumped yourself on your queen-sized bed. You sighed. You glanced at the time.

 

 

7:51pm

 

 

Time flies really fast this day. Stupid. You stared at the ceiling, not knowing what to do. You let out a deep sigh again. You stood up to get a bottle of soju from what you bought early. But... a box of soju was out of sight. That’s when you remembered that you forgot to get it hours ago. You grabbed your car keys and went outside. You jogged downstairs. Almost all the lights are off. Only the street lights from outside gave you light to show the way. You opened the door and went straight to the garage where Genesis is placed. You unlocked your car and brought the box out. You locked your car again for protection.

 

 

You carried the box inside. But when you were at the door you caught a glimpse of the clouds from afar. It’s showing a few lightning and you bet that there were thunders there but it was barely heard over here. You just shrugged it off and went inside. You locked the door and carried the box to your room. You don’t know why you can’t get the lightning and thunder thingy out of your head. There’s something that you can’t remember about it. You locked your room and placed the box on the ground. You snatched a bottle and drank half of it. You paced towards the window. You removed the curtain a little bit so you can take a glimpse of the clouds. It’s so near now and you can hear the thunders now but it’s not that loud. You finished your bottle and rolled the bottle on the ground you slumped yourself on your bed and placed your arm over your forehead.

 

 

Sooner or later, lightning starts to flash and thunders roared really loud. You quickly sat up from your bed, remembering the lightning and thunders thingy. You quickly reached for your door and went outside.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Lol guys. UPDATE! Sorry for the wrong grammars, typos and stuff. Please keep in mind that I'm still minor and I'm not that good at this. I like to read. READ. But right now I'm trying to improve my writing skills. Well, whatever. I'm...going to be quite busy next week. You see, we have a long quiz, quiz, group presentation and probably an election. So yeah, hope you can wait. But I'll try my best to write though. Bye~ Ajujuju XD