Chapter 12

Drunk when I met you, ~

Her first love will arrive soon. She teased in thought, hearing the sounds of showers from the bathroom.

 

You were done taking a bath. You looked outside the bathroom door. “Lo Ren, get out of my room.”

 

She was playing with her phone, sitting on your bed. “What? Why?” She asked.

 

 

“Just get out or do you want me to do it the hard way?”

 

 

With that, you heard your door slammed shut. Good. She’s just going to ask stuffs about what happened earlier or maybe about Xiumin. You’ve had enough tease for hours and that’s just enough.

 

 

Her body’s nowhere to be seen now. You were frozen on your spot, not knowing what to do next. Try reminiscing the past of you being an . Everything that you did wrong the people around you, your friends... and your Dad is something that you should think about.  

 

 

You will accompany Chen later at the mall. You paced towards the calendar. Wow. The semester break is over by tomorrow. You face palmed yourself. How stupid of you to forget and how stupid as is the time to fly so fast. .

 

 

You walked towards your closet and chose the clothes that you will wear. After picking some jeans, black oversized shirt and a pair of DC shoes. You also took a leather jacket since it’s so cold outside. You went to your bed, arranging your bag. Suddenly, you felt pain. There’s something in your hand and a part from your stomach. Is it right or left? You can’t say because you were feeling numb. Most part of your body’s feeling numb. This is not something that you feel when you’re tired. This is something different. You feel your muscles getting weaker by the minute. You visions are getting blurry. You are becoming dizzy.

 

 

Good thing you’re in front of your bed. You’re body must’ve fell on the ground if you weren’t in front of your bed. Your body slumped unknowingly on the said bed. You were breathing heavily. You were sweating badly, as well. Sooner or later, your body became normal again. But you’re still unsteady. You sat up slowly.

 

You placed your palm on your forehead, checking if you have a fever. You don’t. You were still breathing heavily.

 

 

“What...the... was...that?” You breathe in between words.

 

 

Something’s going on with you that you should know sooner. You stood up and grabbed your bag. You walked unsteadily towards the door. And you’re ready to go.

 

 

But...what just happened, like seriously?

 

~~

 

You ran downstairs and finally you’re out. Maybe that thing that happened in the room was just because you were tired. Yeah, that’s just it, okay? No more predictions. Instead of riding Genesis, you rode the red one, Marshall.

 

You drove off to Chen’s house without any word. Well, you the only one here and you’re not that of a fan for music. You were tapping your hands on the steering wheel. You glanced at the time.

 

 

9:24am

 

 

You’re early. You halted at the red light. You kept on tapping the steering wheel. Your fingers were starting to get numb again. You stopped tapping. It’s still numb. Exactly at the green light you can feel them again. It’s just because of the tapping, nothing serious, okay?

 

 

You arrived in Chen’s house in no time. He was waiting there in front of his gate. You stopped in front of him. He entered immediately. You drove off without any word. “Good thing you agreed.” He said.

 

 

Your mind was in something else. You barely heard what he said. Why your hands did become numb? It’s nothing serious. You predicted.

 

 

“Nice talking.” He mumbled.

 

“What?” You asked, innocently.

 

He frowned at you. “I said good thing you agreed.”

 

“Oh. Yeah, I pitied.” You teased.

 

 

His jaws dropped. He crossed his arms and pouted. “Really?”

 

 

Your eyes are on the road but you can feel his stares. You drove in full speed.

 

You nodded at him in agreement. He just shrugged his shoulders at rested his back at his seat. Good thing he shut up.

 

 

~~

 

 

You two arrived at the mall. You grabbed your bag an d followed hen who is in front od the main entrance now.

 

“Faster!” He yelled.

 

You walked in your normal speed, not caring about his words. Once you reached him he joined you in that speed. “I haven’t forgiven you yet, you know.”

 

 

You were looking around, looking for doors. “I know.”

 

He stopped from his tracks. “You knew? The why are you acting this?”

 

You looked back at him then shrugged. “Duh, because I know that you will forgive me soon.”

 

 

He gave you a blank face. “Come on, I saw the store.” You said, playfully.

 

 

~~

 

 

The two of you were looking around for a good and awesome door. There were different kinds. Look at that one. A door made in China, it has a good design and a plain-colored door. The other one’s a door made of mahogany. It has a nature design. It’s color is a combination of brown and greenish black if you know what I mean.

 

“I found one.” He said.

 

You looked at his place and stood beside him. You observe the door. It has a plain-colored door. But its design is like a craving of a woman, no, a nature spirit which is obviously a teenager, holding a flower in her hand. She’s surrounded by wavy lines. It’s pretty.

 

 

“You really like plain colors, huh?” You asked.

 

 

He nodded. He called a salesman and said that we will get the door. The two of you were looking for another door knob, for the front door. Then you bought a door knob that looks like the real one.

 

“But what will your parents say if they saw your new door?” You asked.

 

“I’ll just say that I want a new one.” He shrugged.

 

 

Chen was pushing a cart which has the door since the door is really big. You two were walking quietly. Your hands were in your pocket.

 

“It’s because I like simple and plain people.” He blurted.

 

You furrowed your brows. “What?”

 

 

“I like plain colors because I like simple and plain people. It matches them so much.” He said, pushing the cart.

 

You nodded. Silence wrapped around the two of you. “Did it hurt?” You asked.

 

 

Before he could ask another ‘what’, you added, “The...thing that I said and did?”

 

He looked down, pushing the cart. He opened his mouth to answer when...

 

 

CRASH.

 

 

“Ah~” someone said.

 

 

Chen pulled the cart and went in front to see what happened. You also walked to see, as well. There you saw a girl sitting on the ground with school supplies scattered on the ground. She started grabbing the supplies, cursing something like, “Stupid. . . Luhan did that to me once. Aish! .”

 

Your eyes widened. Chen started grabbing and helping her with her things. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it.” He helped her stood up. She arranged her hair then looked at Chen.

 

 

Chen looked at her straight in the eye. “I’m...”

 

 

She blinked many times. “Sorry...” Chen added. She arranged her glasses before saying, “It’s... okay.”

 

You just stood there watching them. You fake coughed. They both looked at you. “Hi, Daeyle.” You said with a blank face. You forgave Luhan already but it’s fun to have someone you can always blame and fight with but not in a bad way though.

 

 

Good thing she feels the same way because she furrowed her brows before saying, “Well, hello...Soo Min.” She glared.

 

 

Chen looked confused.

 

 

“Chen, meet Daeyle. Daeyle,...meet...Chen.” You said in a teasing tone.

 

She removed her glasses before glaring properly. Chen bowed. “I’m Kim Jongdae. You can call me Chen.” He smiled.

“Yeah... I’m Lu Daeyle. You can call me Daeyle...” She offered a hand shake. Chen gladly accepted it.

 

 

“Well, I gotta go. Bye, Chen. Bye, Daeyle.” She smiled. Ewww~ she can smile at Chen but not you please! Oh well, so you two went back to the cart when she’s nowhere to be seen.

 

 

“Okay, Answer me... Did it hurt?” You asked, walking.

 

 

He hesitated at first. “Yeah...but...” He trailed off.

 

 

“I’m glad that were not awkward and stuff...and...The pain’s gone just a while ago.” He added.

 

 

You nodded. “Yeah, I know.” You smiled at the thought.

 

 

~~

 

 

The two of you reached Marshall. “Hey, I called my ajusshi a while ago. He’ll pick me up and help me with these.” He pointed at the door. You scratched your head. “I thought it’s their day-off?” You asked, confused.

 

“I made an excuse and insisted him to come here.” He said in a matter-of-fact way.

 

You entered your car. “Stubborn kid.” You told him.

 

 

“Ha! Like you’re not like me.” You stuck his tongue out.

 

 

You started your engine. “By the way, tomorrow’s the start of another semester. Don’t make me rip your head off tomorrow if you again!” You yelled.

 

 

“What? You mean she’s home? Tell that to Baek not me! Haha.” He said, nervously. You smirked at him. “Baekhyun dragged you when he’s going to tease Lo Ren. Do you really think you can get away from me? Ha! Lo Ren told me that before she went back to States, pabo!” You send him your deadly glares, making him swallowed nervously and taking a step back.

 

 

You drove off to your mansion. You avoided tapping the steering wheel. You don’t want to experience numbness. Experiencing it twice in a day is enough! You drove silently to your place.

 

 

But what is this? You’re feeling nausea. You’re getting dizzy, as well. You parked Marshall at the side of the road. You blinked twice. You rested your head on the steering wheel. You felt like crying because you’re head hurts because of dizziness.

 

 

You went out of the car. You immediately vomited unknowingly. It happened so sudden. You vomited with all your might to release it. Of course nothing will come out because you ate only a little or nothing at all. Whatever! You can’t remember. You were vomiting like there’s no tomorrow.

 

 

Soon, it’s gone. Your fell on the ground. You were breathing heavily. You placed your forehead on your palms. What the hell was that, like seriously? You blinked many times. Good. The dizziness was gone. You stood up unsteadily. You grab a hold of the car door for support. You sat at the driver’s seat. You rested your head on the head rest. You sighed deeply before driving again.

 

 

You started thinking about things that you will do at home. Probably, First: Kick Xiumin out of the house. Second: Don’t let Lo Ren enter your room. Third: Lock your room. Fourth: Search for illness that includes—

 

 

You shook your head. No. No negative thoughts please. You continued driving. Or maybe you can visit a doctor and—Stop. This isn’t working. You drove in full speed so you can enter you room and lock yourself up until you die! Painless suicide, right, but what if those pain return. It won’t be painless anymore?

 

 

What the are you thinking!? Wait. You do realize that you are speaking your thoughts out loud so basically, you’re talking to no one but yourself like a mad man.

 

 

“. What’s happening?” You said.

 

 

Good thing they invented a full speed for cars. You already arrived at your house after your ride with hell—I mean Marshall. You parked the car and went out immediately.

 

 

You opened the door. “Soo Min!!!” Someone shouted.

 

 

You have a blank face because of the insanity that’s happening inside that car. “Hey, I thought you’ll be here but good thing Lo Ren’ here. Why didn’t you tell me that you have somewhere to go to? Why didn’t you tell me Lo Ren’ here? Why—“

 

 

You didn’t even realize that as much as you want to listen to his voice and complaints, you can’t because you’re focused on something else. And you didn’t realized that you’re—

 

 

“Hey, why are you so pale?” Xiumin asked.

 

 

Before you could respond, you went black and the only things that you heard was—

 

 

“Soo Min! What’s—“ then you’re out.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Look guys, I'm sorry for updating late. You see, there's this storm in the Philippines and the electricity's out so I'm really sorry. It's out for a couple of days and even until now, most of the places hee doesn't have electricity yet. But good thing we already have our own. Oh yeeeeah!! And we're suppose to have classes right now but they suspended it because Henry will arrive. Henry the storm not Henry-Henry you know. Yeah. So yeah, I'm really sorry. Thanks! Ajujuju SarangSarang!