Chapter 3

Drunk when I met you, ~

“What? Excuse me, Miss. Do you have beers?” You asked, confused. Why would I treat them to place without… beers, wine or any kind of alcohol beverages? Seriously. You thought.

“I’m sorry, Ma’am. But this is a café, not a bar or club. We only sell coffee, tea and juices.” She answered. She’s so girly, like yuck, but nice though. “No, it’s okay. Maybe I just got confused or something. Hehe” You replied. She laughed cutely which makes you nervous. No. Too cute. You thought.

“W-What? Ugh! I hate you, Baekhyun! You dragged me into this!” You heard D.O’s voice so you looked back to see what’s going on. Looks like they’re starting something…again. You sighed.

“Better check what’s going on, huh?” You waved at her and left the counter. You don’t why your fists are clenching but these words are playing with your minds right now,

 

No beers. No beers. No beers. No beers.

 

 “…we just act normal, you know.” That’s him. Something’s going on around here and you’re about to know. Byun Baekhyun, if this is your prank again, I will make you suffer!

“Why do you need to act normal, Baek?” You asked, innocently with a fake smile. “Nothing. Just an advice for Chanyeol.” He answered, cutely. You almost believe that it’s true but you know it isn’t. Baekhyun know your weakness and he’s using it right now. You hated it. All of your friends also know it so when Baekhyun did aegyo, they laughed. You glared at them and they stopped. You’re good at acting, huh? Byun Baekhyun? You thought. You sat down angrily. Suddenly, his previous words clicked you. Just act normal…

 

Act normal…Normal…

Normal…

Normal…

 

Your eyes widened and showed an evil smile. Suho and Xiumin saw you then shook their heads. Good luck, Baek. Suho thought and went back to the book his reading a while ago.

“Guys, why are we here again?” You asked.

 

“You’ll treat us.” They answered in chorus.

 

“What kind of drinks are they selling?” You gritted your teeth. They want me to treat them to something that we didn’t even plan!? Argh!

 

“Coffee, Tea and juices.” This time Suho and Xiumin didn’t answer. Good.

 

“And what’s my favourite drink?” You beamed.

 

“Any kind of alcohol!” Now Sehun and Kai didn’t answer. You didn’t know that those two have brains to notice your interrogation. You saw them looked at Baekhyun then smiled evilly. Baekhyun didn’t notice them because he’s busy eating.

 

“They don’t sell beer here? Seriously?” You asked, disappointedly.

 

“No.” D.O didn’t answer. He looked at you nervously. The only persons left are Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. The beagle lines. You stood behind Chen who was currently sitting on Baekhyun’s left. Chen shivered.

 

“Then why on earth will I treat you guys in a cafe instead of a bar where they sell alcohols!?”

 

“Hahaha! I planned this so you’ll treat us breakfast, of course, and you have no idea---“ Before Baekhyun could finish his sentence, you grabbed his left ear and pinched it so hard that made him shout in pain.

 

“Ah! Ah! Ah! W-What did I do? YAAAAAHH!” he yelled. “He’s the one who planned this, right?” You asked waiting for them to say ‘Yes.’ Sehun and Kai raised their hands. “Yes, Daeyle! He’s the one.” Kai said, cutely. “He dragged Chen, D.O and Chanyeol with him.” Sehun continued, happily. The two laughed at Baekhyun’s suffering. You glared at the D.O that made him shiver. “D.O! Mind explaining?” You glared. “Soo Min, sorry I lied. Baekhyun threatened me on spreading my secret if I don’t heeeelp!” He has teary eyes now. D.O has great respect on you because you save him from bullying when you were 6th Grade. He knows what you’re capable of because he’s a witness. “I’m sorry!” He hugged you so tight that Baekhyun thought you would let go but you didn’t instead you pinched it even harder. “AHHHH~” he yelled.

“D.O, stop hugging her. You’re annoying!” Xiumin growled.

“Yeah. You look stupid.” Chen agreed.

“Shut up!” You smacked Chen’s head. “Now you and Chanyeol explain.” You added. He looked up at you. “Sorry. He gave a gift that I can’t reject. I’m so sorry.” He pouted then looked down. Xiumin scoffed then Chen glared at him. “He gave me a gift too.” Chanyeol added. You let go of Baekhyun and sighed, “I’ll forgive all of you but Baekhyun will pay for everything. Pay for his prank and the food.”

 

“W-What? Contribution please?” Baekhyun complained. He did it in a cute way again. you. You thought. You slapped your food in his face and walk towards the door. “Shut up and pay!” You roared. Your friends burst out laughing. Sehun and Kai slapped the table while laughing. Chanyeol and Chen kept on laughing and pointing at Baekhyun’s face while D.O was secretly taking a pictures of Baekhyun. Wow, that kid has an evil side too, huh?  “Baekhyun, pay now. Let’s leave this place and go to a club, bar or whatever you call it.” You ordered. Baekhyun went to the counter and pay. You saw him so disappointed and you laugh your way out. You kept on walking with them when Chen put his left arm around your shoulder and whispered, “I’m sorry I lied but can you ask Chanyeol who he’s dating?” Chanyeol’s dating someone. You almost forgot. “Yah, Park Chanyeol! Who are you dating?” Chanyeol stopped walking and thought. You can trust Soo Min with these, Chanyeol. You can.

 

He hauled you away from Chen and his hands are on your shoulders. He let you face him…looking up, of course. You’re intimidated by Chanyeol’s height when he’s beside you or talking to you face to face. “Jung Hanna, that’s her name. I’ll invite you to the Café tomorrow. She will bring herself, of course and her friends---“

You interrupted him and said, “Her friends? You mean GIRL FRIENDS?”

“Umm…Yeah, but---“

“Chanyeol, you know how I---“

“Maybe it’s time for you to have new friends. And maybe girls, this time. Please? You want to know her now you don’t want to---“ Chanyeol was saying those words cutely and pouting his lips. You know he’s doing aegyo and he won’t stop unless you agree. You cut him off and said,

“Okay! Fine, I’ll meet her---I mean THEM tomorrow. Just enough with the aegyo.” You gave up and sighed. “Yay! I love you, Soo Min and by the way… I’m sorry I lied.” He said. You felt your head on his chest and you realized he was hugging you so you hugged him back. After a few seconds, he let go then ran after your friends. You’re becoming a man now, huh, Park Chanyeol? You thought.

 

__

 

 

When you were dragged by Chanyeol, Chen was left there dumbfounded. He snapped back to reality and was about to take you back when Xiumin stopped him. “What do---I mean, why did you cheat, dumba---I mean, why’d you cheat, dude?” He asked but Chen knows that what he literally mean was, ‘What do you think you’re doing, ?’

“What? I didn’t do anything, you know.” Chen blurted. Xiumin was about to answer him back when he saw you with Chanyeol. “Now look what you did?” Xiumin said. Chen rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. “Xiumin, please…you’re over-reacting. They’re just talki---“ Chen stopped when he saw Chanyeol hugging you. Xiumin saw this too and his eyes widened. They’re jaws dropped when you hugged him back. These two felt jealousy and envy in their hearts.

 

Why did you hugged him back? Chen thought.

 

I wish I was Chanyeol. Xiumin thought.

 

You ran between them and placed your arms on their shoulders. “Faster, guys! I’m excited!” You shouted happily. They took glimpse at your face them smiled.

 

__

 

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­After 2 hours of walking…

“Are we walking the right direction?” You felt something wrong with everything. They stopped from walking and stared at you. Baekhyun placed his hand on your forehead. “Are… you okay?” He asked, concerned.

“This is the correct direction. Did you have any head injuries lately?” Xiumin asked, worried. What’s going on with me? You thought. All of a sudden you remembered that this is the right path. That’s weird, SO weird. “There it is!” Sehun pointed, happily. “Right there.” Kai added, cutely. When you fixed your eyes on the place, you quickly ran for it and entered immediately. When you entered, you were amazed that this place was damn awesome because of the design. Its walls are painted black and the lights are all purple and blue. You can see that it’s so large that there are enough room for 70 people. The counter has a blue green background lights. Even if you haven’t tried anything yet, you know that you will like this place very much. It feels like it has an aura telling you that a secret will soon be…revealed. You friends entered too. “Okay. Okay.” Baekhyun said. “Did they renovate this place or something?”  They were dumbfounded by your sudden question. What the is she talking about? Chanyeol thought.

“Are you sure you’re okay? Maybe you should go home now, . You’re acting weird lately.” Chanyeol blunted. You ignored him. You noticed that Chen and Xiumin are not around. “Where are Jongdae and Minseok?” You asked. “They’re outside. I’ll call them for you, Soo Min-ah.” D.O volunteered but before you could react he’s already nowhere to be seen. “O---kay. Well then, let’s find a table and order."

__

When D.O opened the door, he heard a voice and it appears to Xiumin’s. D.O decided to eavesdrop at their conversation. They didn’t notice him because they’re facing the other way. “…Why don’t you just go with it?”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

When you ran inside immediately, your friends followed inside but Xiumin decided to stay outside for a while. “Umm…you guys go ahead. Chen and I will stay here for a while, right?” He nudged Chen but he gave him a confused look. Xiumin glared then Chen remembered that he made a Xiumin’s so-called-mistake a while ago. Uh-oh. He thought. “Y-Yeah. Yeah, right! What he said.” Chen said. Xiumin face palmed his face.

“Okay. Okay.” Baekhyun said. He didn’t even know what these two are talking about so he just went inside. Chen looked at Xiumin and he was startled. If glares could kill, he’s probably dead by now. “What?” Chen asked like he did nothing wrong.
 

“Pfft. Chen, don’t play dumb with me.” Xiumin blunted, glaring. It’s not Chen’s fault that he got carried away by your…awesomeness, cuteness… Chen sighed, daydreaming.

“CHEN! We made a DEAL, REMEMBER? Why don’t you just go with it?” Xiumin yelled. Chen snapped back to reality and dumbly asked, “Sorry. W-What?”

“CHEEEEEEEN!!!” Xiumin shouted. Chen covered his ears because of Xiumin’s voice. “I mean, I forgot. Sorry, dude.” Chen smirked. In a split second, Xiumin grabbed his collar and glared with his fists clenching. “A-A-AH! Joke! It was a joke. I r-remember, of course I r-remember. H-haha.” Chen blunted, nervously. “Just don’t flirt---I mean touch her unless you confess, okay? We’re in College now , bro. And it’s our 5th Year already. It’s different now.” Xiumin said. “Xiumin-ah, the truth is…I don’t care, seriously. I don’t want to follow this deal anymore, if you want you can do the same thing too instead of avoiding her and wait until you confess and then that’s the time where you can touch her…it’s just…it will take decades before you can confess.” He chuckled. “Besides, I’m her friend so I have to act like one. And…” Chen paused then he gave a smirk, “I like her.”

 

Chen became obnoxious in Xiumin’s eyes. He is now filled with anger and hate. Until now they haven’t notice D.O yet. Imbeciles. D.O thought. “I LIKE HER MORE!” Xiumin blurted. Chen was taken aback by Xiumin’s voice. And of course, Chen didn’t want to lose on this so he blunted, “I LOVE Soo Min!”

 

Xiumin know that Chen won’t abstain. Antipathy is starting to form in his mind and heart. Yes, Chen is his best friend but his adeptness in reverse psychology and annoying people is killing him. . He thought. “I LOVE HER MORE!! And I can prove that!”

 

“Oh, really? Then---“Chen was interrupted by a guy who was eavesdropping in their conversation and yes, it’s D.O. “You guys like---I mean love, Soo Min?” He said with a mischievous grin. The two froze. They didn’t expect that their conversation will be heard by someone. They gaped and didn’t know what to do.

. Why? Why? Xiumin thought.

 

What the actual ? Chen thought, twitching his right eye.

 

“D.O, Please don’t tell the others~~” Xiumin whined. He knelt in front of D.O while bowing his head. Chen did the same thing too. “D.O-ah~ please don’t tell them. I will do your homework and project for the whole month. Just don’t tell them, please.” Chen added. D.O was dumbfounded with these two’s sudden reaction especially when he heard Chen’s promise. He quickly reacted, “HELL NO, CHEN! I will fail all my subjects if I let you do my home works and projects but seeing you two bowing in front of me like I’m a king, umm… I’ll take a photo of this.” D.O smirked, wickedly. Then the camera flashed.

Picture taken.

These two didn’t stop bowing that the people are starting to look at them. “And now you’re embarrassing me. Stand up, es.” He blunted. The two followed then Xiumin asked, “But why are you outside, eavesdropping at a PRIVATE conversation?”

“Well, Soo Min was looking for you guys so I volunteered to call you. And you’re in luck that it wasn’t Baekhyun, Kai or Sehun who heard you. Now, should we go inside?” D.O said. The two nodded and went inside. And like the others, they’re jaws dropped in amazement. They gaped for about one minute then went back to their senses. They saw the rest in a table near the counter. When they reached the table, Suho was reading a book, as usual. He is very studious. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was busy with his phone maybe texting HER girl then Baekhyun glared and blurted, “So, you two like Soo Min, huh?” Chen and Xiumin froze. D.O sat beside Suho giving an ‘I-didn’t-do-anything’ look. They stared at Baekhyun nervously. How did Baekhyun know? They both thought. Even Sehun and Kai were glaring. Xiumin almost forgot that these three were acting like an oppa to you. They almost got Luhan killed when he just played with you then broke up with you. They comforted you so much and even stayed at your house for a few days just to accompany you. Even if they always make pranks at you, they are protective and possessive of you, as usual. You kick Baekhyun’s when he was bullying Kyungsoo and beat Sehun and Kai up when they almost ruined your group project in Science when you guys were in 3r year High school. “H-How did you know?” he asked. Sehun rolled his eyes, “You screamed at the top of your lungs trying to compete with Chen! Don’t tell me that was a whisper.” he said with sarcasm. “T-That means…s-s-he h-heard it too—“ Chen was cut by Kai.

 

“No. You have to thank her obsession in alcohols that she didn’t hear you. She drank 4 bottles already." Kai blunted. Chen looked around and he didn’t saw you. “W-Where is she—“ He was cut again but this time it’s Suho. “She’s in the washroom.”  He said, still focused on his book. What a nerd. Chen thought.

 

“You know maybe I will tell her when she arrives.” Baekhyun scoffed with a wicked smile. Chen and Xiumin became wide-eyed. If you learned their secret, of course it will be their doom because they know that you will beat them into pulp. “W-WHAT!?” they chorused. Then they saw you came out of the washroom. They started to panic. “Beakhyun, please NO! Please. We’ll do everything. Just don’t tell her.” Chen blurted, nudging Xiumin. Then Xiumin nodded in agreement with Chen. “Well…” Baekhyun said. You were three meters away. “I haven’t see Xiumin drink alcohols before.” He beamed. Xiumin doesn’t really drink alcohols. His alcohol tolerance is pretty low. “But Baekhyun, you know that—“ Baekhyun cuts him and said, “Then I guess I have to tell Soo Min your secre—“

“Fine. I’ll do it.” Xiumin agreed.

“You will drink unless I tell you to stop.” Baekhyun added.

“What? But you know tha—“

“No buts, Umin.” He blunted.

Deep inside Xiumin have regrets that he became friends with this bully. But because of him, he finally falls for you that day.

 

__

 

 

First week in school was about to end. Xiumin fixed his things as fast as he could because he knew that you will walk home straight. He knew that you’re still mourning because your Mom died last summer. And of course just like how Xiumin predicted, you went out of the classroom as soon as the teacher was gone. You were walking down the aisle when you saw a guy cornered by two students, a tall one and a small one. Perfect match. “Why don’t you just admit it? That you’re a cry baby because your mom’s not here anymore.” He said, laughing. You clenched your fists. “Baekhyun, don’t make him cry he will miss his Mama more. Awww.” The tall guy said. “Oh please Chanyeol, he will cry whether he misses his mother or not. He’s a cry baby, remember? Kyungsoo’s dad won’t even bother coming at parents’ meeting.” Baekhyun said.

“Stay away from me! You don’t care about my family.” Kyungsoo said. You were so furious that time. They were bullying that guy just because his mom was gone and his dad was probably busy at work. Just like your situation. You walk near them about one meter away. Then they noticed you. “Hey, Baek. Look, I forgot that this girl doesn’t have a mom anymore and his dad is busy too.” Chanyeol blunted.

“Stop this nonsense.” You said. Baekhyun stared at you. He raised an eyebrow then pushed Kyungsoo to ground. Chanyeol stepped on Kyungsoo’s hand. He yelled in pain. “What?” Baekhyun asked. “I said, STOP THIS NONSENSE, !” You yelled that all the students in the aisle looked at the scene. “Wow, you have the guts to talk like that to us, huh?” Chanteol said. He grabbed you arm but you kicked his stomach that made him yell in pain. Baekhyun was dumbfounded. He tried to grab your hair but you slapped his arm and punch him on the face. “I told you to stop, didn’t I?” you blunted. Chanyeol stood up but you stepped on his right foot, punch him in the stomach and kicked him in the face. And of course, he stumbled down. “You!” Baekhyun yelled, angrily. He was about to strangle you but you were fast enough. You grab his arm then kicked his stomach you went behind him and his arms twist. He yelped so loud that the whole campus can hear it. “I don’t care if I got expelled or kicked out but if I tell someone to stop he or she HAS TO STOP! I’M A RUTHLESS PERSON SO IF YOU LOVE YOUR LIFE, DON’T BULLY ANYONE IN THIS SCHOOL AGAIN!” you yelled, angrily. Baekhyun nodded then you let him go. He carried Chanyeol, who was still on the floor yelling in pain, then left. You looked at Kyungsoo who was still sitting on the ground.He was trying to massage his hand. He was left there dumbfounded. She’s dauntless but ruthless. I don’t know if I should feel protected or scared. D.O thought. You went near him and offered him a hand. He looked at you but your face has… no expression at all. He grabbed your hand so pulled him up. For you it’s just a simple pull but for him it’s one strong pull already so he almost fall again but you caught him before he could kiss the floor. “You’re a guy but you can’t defend yourself from those s then you almost fall in just a simple pull. I can say you’re a weakling.” You blunted. You didn’t realize that he was offended so you innocently asked, “What?”

“Nothing. Why’d you help me out? Why aren’t you afraid to get kicked-out?” He asked, warily.

You looked at the aisle and tighten your hold on your backpack then you looked back at him. “Because like what you’ve heard, I don’t have a Mom anymore and my Dad doesn’t pay attention to me because he’s busy at work, just like your Dad, Kyungsoo.” You blunted. D.O gaped when you said his real name. “How’d you—I mean, my dad’s just working overseas so, of course he can’t attend parents’ meeting but he has time for me when he’s here in Seoul, though.” He said. Your expression didn’t change. You don’t look happy, sad, angry or whatsoever. “Guess I’m not lucky as you. But I don’t have regrets about his actions; I don’t care about him too, anyway.” You blurted. D.O was startled about your reply. He didn’t know that you have grudges. “You shouldn’t be like that to him. Just—“ You interrupted D.O and said, “You don’t care about my life, Kyungsoo. Don’t give any advice because I don’t need it! And just so you know why I act like that to him is because I don’t understand why he has to work all the time even at home! I haven’t experienced breakfast, lunch or dinner with him. He won’t even ask me, ‘How’s school?’ and he won’t even admit that  it’s HIS fault why my Mom died but you know I don’t care; he can waste his stupid money in giving me clothes, gadgets, letting me enrol in a private school but I DON’T CARE! I will be the spoiled, mischievous, mutinous, vicious, and ruthless daughter to him if THAT’S WHAT HE WANT!” you yelled, glaring at him then stormed away. D.O was left in the aisle dumbfounded. That’s when Xiumin shows up.

“Hey, Soo Min! Wait up! KIM SOO MIN!” He called, running after you. When he caught up, he asked, panting, “Can I come over at your house for our assignment?”

“Do whatever you want.” You blunted.

Xiumin let himself be left behind a bit so he could look at you with awe. He saw everything you did, how you saved that Kyungsoo guy from the midget and the giant.

 

For sure, you made me fall for you now. If only you don’t have that cold attitude, I would have confess by now. Xiumin thought, sighing. “YAH! What are you waiting for, Minseok?” you called so Xiumin followed you.

 

__

 

 

You have a high alcohol tolerance and you can still walk straight even though you drank a 4 bottles already. Xiumin can’t do that. Xiumin can’t remove his eyes from you then you notice this, and since you’re a little bit drunk you asked, “WHAAT?”

“N-Nothing.” He blurted. He sat beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun pointed out the beer and said, “Go on drink now, Xiumin.” He smirked, wickedly. Xiumin grabbed the bottle hesitantly but you took it from him with force. “Mine, Minseok. Mine.” You blunted. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and give his bottle to Xiumin. “Drink mine. You can’t win against her.” He said. Xiumin looked at you and he gasped when he saw drink the beer in just one shot. Baekhyun glared at him to move on. Xiumin tried to drink half of the bottle. He balked but Baekhyun coaxed him to move on. The others except you, who were busy drinking your own beers, looked at him with pity. He finished the beer. He tried to drank another one. He drank 3 bottles now. Then he blurted, “I never thought…this would be…d-delicious.”

“I TOLD YOU IT’S THE BEST DRINK IN THE WORLD!” you blurted.

“I should’ve believed you in the first place! Soooo cute~” Xiumin cooed. He pinched your cheeks. Baekhyun was startled and slapped his hands away from you. “ARE YOU DRUNK ALREADY!?” He yelled.

“I dunno wut ur tawking abawt!” Xiumin said. He took another beer and cheers with you. He finished it in one shot. You two laughed like crazy. You were still in your senses but Xiumin…maybe a LITTLE bit.

 

After 8 hours. Yes, 8 hours.

You-15 bottles

Xiumin-9

Baekhyun-10

Chanyeol-0 (busy texting her girl)

 Kai-2

Suho-0 (busy reading)

D.O-0 (busy staring)

Chen-0 (busy trolling, maybe…)

 

 

It’s already 9 pm so your friends decided to go home. Chanyeol will drive Baekhyun home. Good thing Baekhyun’s asleep because if not he will…nevermind. Kai and D.O will carry Sehun home since his house is around here somewhere. Even though it’s near, he can’t go home alone because he can’t walk straight anymore and he kept on muttering something like, “Bubble tea EEEVERYWHERE~”  Suho will take Xiumin home. And of course, Chen will take you to yours but, “NOOOOO!” Xiumin disagreed. “I will tek her hum~ I will kerri her hoooowm~” he cried. Before Xiumin can touch you, Chen put his hand on Xiumin’s face. “Xiumin you’re drunk! Stay away from her!” he yelled and pushed him on the comfy couch then he quickly fell asleep. “Pffft~ I told you you’re drunk. Hehe. I’ll be the one to carry her home. Bleh~” Chen stuck his tongue out. When Chen carried you to his back, you were muttering something too. “I hate you, Luhan. I hate you, you bastard! Hmmm… You only live once, es.

 

 

“Forget that , Soo Min. I’m here…” Chen whispered.

 

 

 

--

 

 

“See you next time, guys! Let’s text each other, okay? Update me~” Suho exclaimed. Chen carried you at his back, your head lying on his shoulders and you’re breathing on his nape. He kept on walking and walking. He gazed at the stars above and the moon was bright. Then he smiled.

 

 “Luhan…” When you said that name, Chen’s smile faded. “You ing bastard…” You added. Then Chen’s smile grew wider. Even though it’s already late, the breeze is still warm but… something feels warmer than the breeze… Chen stopped from walking and put you down for a while. He saw you were sweating. He touched you forehead then your neck to check your temperature. . Is she sick? Chen thought, warily. You tried to check again. “You have a fever.” He muttered. His house is far but yours is farther. At this time of the night, there are no buses and taxis that would pass this way. I have to sacrifice my energy for you, Soo Min. Chen thought. He ran as fast as he can to reach his house.

 

 You can’t have a fever like that in my arms.

 

After a few minutes of running, he reached his house. He opened the gate slowly so that you wouldn’t fall because you’re on his back. He opened the door. Maybe the maids are asleep. Good. Chen thought. He went upstairs sneakily. He entered his own room and places you on his bed. He knew that the patient should change their clothes but he can’t do that so… he went downstairs to get a towel and warm water. While waiting for the warm water, he looked for some medicine. As soon as everything’s ready, he went upstairs immediately. It only took him 2 minutes to get the things needed. He quickly put the towel on your forehead. But her fever will get worst if she doesn’t change her clothes…I think. He thought. He went downstairs to talk to one of his maids. “Yes, Jongdae?” she asked.

 

“Umm...” he rubbed his nape, “I have a friend upstairs. She’s sick. C-Can you change her clothes? You can l-let her use m-mine. You see, s-she’s b-boyish.” Chen blushed. The maid smells something with his boss’ attitude. “Sure, Jongdae.” She giggled.

 

Chen waited outside while her maid changes your clothes. After a few minutes, she went out. “I’ve change her clothes now. I also cleanse her body with the towel and the warm water. Say, is she drunk, Jongdae?” she asked. “Y-Yeah. It’s kinda… her habit?” he answered. The maid patted his head and said, “You’re all grown up now, Jongdae. I know you like her. Go and confess soon before it’s too late.” She went downstairs; she brought the towel and the warm water with her. Chen blushed. He went inside his room and saw you there fast asleep. He took a chair and sat beside you. He looked at your beautiful sleeping face and he remembered the day that you were sitting next to him because of the alphabetical sitting arrangement.

 

Grade 4, age 10.

 

“…Kim Jongdae. Sit here, please.” He went to the seat where your teacher instructed him. You became a little colder because of your Dad, who became a very busy person after your last vacation and that’s when you’re 5. “And your seatmate will be, Kim Minseok. But… he’s not yet here. I guess he has to sit at the back. Okay…Kim Soo Min. Sit here, please.” You followed, quietly. This is my first time sitting beside her. Because of that Minseok that I can’t sit beside her but now he’s late. Ha! Serves him right. This is the first time! I can be friends with her now. Chen thought, happily. Then the door bursted open. A kid who was breathing heavily entered. “I’m sorry I’m late. Something came up, seongsaengnim.” It’s him. The stupid Minseok guy! “Kim Minseok. Sit there and Soo Min just move to the next seat please, will you?” You nodded. WHAAAAT!? WHY!? NO! Chen thought. He was dumbfounded. You saw him staring at you so when you stood up to move, “What do you think you’re doing? Stop staring at me, idiot.” You blurted. Ouch. Well, you’re right. He’s an idiot, literally.

 

You’re sitting arrangement:

 

Kim Jongdae—Kim Minseok—Kim Soo Min

 

Why do they need to exchange seats, anyway? Chen thought. He thought he was lucky his year but he’s not. What’s annoying is that this nerd beside him won’t get his eyes off from that stupid book. He rolled his eyes and listen to their teacher, who currently explain the new grading system of the school.

 

Recess time.

 

That Minseok guy went out to go to the washroom. I should talk to her now. Chen thought. He went in front of your seat. You are currently eating an apple while browsing your phone. “H-Hi, I’m Kim Jongdae.” He bowed. You completely ignored him and continue eating your apple and browsing your phone. “Umm…Soo Min? I—“ He was interrupted when you slammed your desk and stood up. Chen was nervous. Did I make her…m-mad? He thought, warily. “Why are you bothering me? Can’t you see I’m busy studying and eating?” You asked, annoyed. “You’re studying!?” Chen blurted.

 

“Just because I’m browsing my phone that doesn’t mean I’m doing nonsense with it! Stop bothering me, weirdo.” You blunted. You stormed out of the room. Xiumin saw everything.  He went to Chen and elucidated, “She just has ‘Dad problems’. She’s always like that to others, it’s normal. Hope you didn’t got offended on what she said.”

 

“N-No, it’s fine. Thanks, Minseok gu-I mean, Minseok.” Chen replied.

 

“You can call me Xiumin, Jongdae.”

 

“Uhh~ Chen. You can call me, Chen” He said.

 

“How’d you know she has ‘Dad problems’?” Chen was curious that’s why he asked. “Well…were friends since grade school. And she kept on blurting something about her Dad like for example, ‘Well, talk to my stupid Dad.’ Or ‘My stupid Dad won’t bother so shut the up.’” He said. Chen was curious on why you are like that. He’s really interested in you. He doesn’t want to be a stalker or something so he’s just asking your friend. “Is she always like that?” He asked.

 

“Well…not really. When we were still in pre-school, she was always happy. She even told me that she went to the best vacation ever but every school year she changes…I don’t why.” He said.

 

 

__

 

 

Chen’s eyes are getting heavier. He remembered the day when you kicked the of those bully, Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol, which happens to be your friends now.

 

__

 

“I said, STOP THIS NONSENSE, !” You yelled that all the students in the aisle looked at the scene. “Wow, you have the guts to talk like that to us, huh?” Chanteol said. He grabbed you arm but you kicked his stomach that made him yell in pain. Baekhyun was dumbfounded. He tried to grab your hair but you slapped his arm and punch him on the face. “I told you to stop, didn’t I?” you blunted. Chanyeol stood up but you kicked him in the punch him in the stomach and kicked him in the face. And of course, he stumbled down. “You!” Baekhyun yelled, angrily. He was about to grab your neck but you were fast enough. You grab his arm then kicked his stomach you went behind him and his arms twist. Wow. this girl, really. Chen thought. Baekhyun yelped so loud that the whole campus can hear it. “I don’t care if I got expelled or kicked out but if I tell someone to stop he or she HAS TO STOP! I’M A RUTHLESS PERSON SO IF YOU LOVE YOUR LIFE, DON’T BULLY ANYONE IN THIS SCHOOL AGAIN!” you yelled, angrily. You helped that D.O stand up. Chen watched the two of you talk.

“You don’t care about my life, Kyungsoo. Don’t give any advice because I don’t need it! And just so you know why I act like that to him is because I don’t understand why he has to work all the time even at home! I haven’t experienced breakfast, lunch or dinner with him. He won’t even ask me, ‘How’s school?’ but you know I don’t care; he can waste his stupid money in giving me clothes, gadgets, letting me enrol in a private school but I DON’T CARE! I will be the spoiled, mischievous, mutinous, vicious, and ruthless daughter to him if THAT’S WHAT HE WANT!” you yelled, glaring at Kyungsoo then stormed away.Chen was about to follow you when Xiumin ran after you yelling, “Hey, Soo Min! Wait up! KIM SOO MIN!” Chen pouted, “You’re so lucky, Xiumin.” He heard some of his classmates talking,

“We should tell our adviser about it. Poor Baekhyun and Chanyeol bullied by a girl in Class A. IN CLASS A!”

“She should get kicked-out.”

“I think she won’t because she saved that Kyungsoo from bullying too.”

“I will tell the teacher no matter what!”

No. Soo Min-ah, I hope you won’t get kicked-out. Chen prayed.

 

__

 

Chen’s eyes finally shut down. He was sleeping over his crossed arms that are on his bed. “I…love, Soo Min...” he muttered. Chen didn’t know that his maid was watching him until he fell asleep. She heard what Chen said too. “I knew you love him, Jongdae. I know that she’s the girl that you were talking about since you were in 2nd Grade.” The maid whispered then closed the door slowly.

Eeeek-thud. Door closed.

__

 

6:30 am

*yawns*

You finally woke up from your—WAIT. This isn’t your bed. You looked at your arms and feet, it’s not tied-up. Good, you’re not abducted by anyone. You looked at your clothes—WAIT. These isn’t my clothes. “AAAAAAGGGGH!!!” You yelled. Chen woke up with wide eyes. “WHAT? WHAT HAPPENED!?” he asked, nervously. You were startled because you didn’t expect that Chen would be there. “AAAAAAAAGGGGH!!!” you yelled. Chen didn’t understand why you yelled. He thought maybe there was a ghost or a kidnapper behind him so he yelled, “AAAAAAAAGGH!!!” He fell from the chair and landed on his head while you fell from the bed and landed on your . “Aw.” You both chorused. You were touching you while he was touching his head. “Chen?” you asked. “What am I doing at your house? Why am I wearing your clothes?” You added.

“I was—WAIT. How’d you know this was my house?” Chen asked while helping you up. “I asked first, .” You blunted. “Fine. You got drunk, remember? Then you got a fever while I was taking you home but since my house was nearer I brought you here to rest. Now, you?” he elucidated.

“I’m not in my house and you’re here.” You blurted. “SO?” he blunted. “I’m smarter than you I know what I said—WAIT. AND WHO CHANGED MY CLOTHES!?” You glared at him, clenching your fists. “I didn—“ before he could finished you grabbed his hand and twist it behind him then you let him kiss the floor. You were like wrestling him. “WHO!? Don’t tell me you—“

“I didn’t! AHH! I swear! It was my maid!” he said.

“Where were YOU!?” you asked once again.

“I was—AHH! Outside! Waiting. I swear, SOO MIN!” he yelped.

You let him go. You stood up. He was still lying on the ground, whimpering. You were about to thank him when you saw the time. 6:36 am

“! I’m going to be late!” you cursed. Chen gave you a confused look as you ran downstairs. Chen ran after you. You were opening the gate now so Chen ran faster. “Jongdae, where are you—“ the maid was surprised because he was in a hurry early in the morning. Did something happen a while ago? I heard some shouting and though? But their too young to… She thought.

You just got out of the gate when someone grabbed you wrist. You looked back and said, “What? Can’t you see I’m in a hurry?” Chen looked at your face with no expression, as usual. “You have to rest for a few more hours. You’ll get sick again, Soo Min.” he said with concerned eyes. You gave him a confused look. “Can’t you see I’m fine now? You don’t need to worry. Now, let me go.” You said.

“No. You have to rest. You—“ Chen was interrupted by your sudden reply. “CAN’T YOU SEE? I said I’M FINE! Stop bothering me, weirdo.” You blurted. It’s that line...again. The one that really offended him; it hurts. “I’m just concern about you!” Chen yelled. You raised an eyebrow at him.

“WHY!? Why do you even care? I told you I’m fine. I can take care of myself. AND why do you have to do this?” you glared.

“W-Well, because...I’m your friend and I’m just concern about you, you know.” He said.

“I know you’re just a concerned friend, but please, stop meddling with my life, Chen. Why do you have to do this, seriously?” you asked, a little calm now.

Because...Because I...Should I tell her? Chen became nervous all of a sudden. He looked at your face, your mischievous and rebellious but beautiful face. He looked at your eyes, so sparkly. He looked at your nose then he took a glance of your lips, your perfect pink lips.

“Chen?” she asked.

“B-Because I...I...” Now he’s tongue-tied. -___-“

Your REAAALLY late right now and you don’t want to waste your time in a stupid friend that can’t answer a simple question. You’re starting to get annoyed. He still has his hand on your wrist.

“Because you wha—“

Your eyes widen in shock as Chen pulled you nearer to him. You are now facing each other and you’re about ONE INCH away. He put his left hand at your nape and slowly pressed his lips against yours. Your eyes grew wider like D.O’s. You can’t move your body because you don’t know what to do. What the did Chen just do!? ! Move your body, Soo Min! You thought. You snapped back to reality and quickly pushed Chen so hard. He stumbled to the ground dumbfounded. What the did I just do? He thought.

“KIM JONGDAE, WHAT THE HELL!?” You screamed. You glared at him that made him snapped back to the present. “W-why d-did you do t-that?” You added, trying to calm your voice. Chen looked at you and quickly knelt in front of you. “I’m sorry, Soo Min. I didn’t mean to.” He cried. He tried to grab your hand put you pulled it away. “GODDAMIT! I DIDN’T ASK YOU TO APOLOGIZE! WHY-DID-YOU-DO-IT!?” You yelled. Even if his neighbours heard what you said, you didn’t care because you were damn mad at Chen.

“Because I—“ you cut him off and added,

“And don’t lie.”

“Because I like you.” Chen blurted. You eyes widened. You still can’t beat D.O on this. “I like you since I became your classmate in 2RD Grade to 4th Grade. I want to become your friend but you just don’t talk to anyone else except Xiumin and I admire you because of that. When Luhan became your boyfriend, I wanted to die, literally! Everytime I see you two together, it kills me!” He started to cry. “But w-when he broke up with you just like that I wanted to be happy but I can’t because it hurts me more when I see you crying because of him. I can’t stand it that I wanted to confess to you but I’m afraid to get rejected, I’m afraid of denial and I’M AFRAID THAT IT WILL RUIN OUR FRIENDSHIP! I haven’t court other girls because of you! Every time I say ‘I love you’ I meant it even if you think I say that because you’re my friend...NO. I MEANT IT! I love you, Soo Min. But I don’t know if you will love me back, like MORE than friends. I don’t know. *huff* I don’t know. *huff* I just don’t.” He put his palm on his face then he started crying nonstop while sitting on the ground. You don’t know what to say because you’re afraid that you’ll hurt his feelings more.

“C-Chen...if...if...UGH! If I told you straight that I don’t like you and there will be 0% chance that we will be in a ing relationship or something, it will hurt your heart so badly, I know.” You knelt down and put your hands on his shoulder. “But I can’t say ‘I love you too.’ like MORE than friends because that I don’t want to give you false hopes and it will hurt you either ways, I know because I experienced that before...” You elucidated.

He looked up with teary eyes and reddish nose. “So what are you trying to say?” He said.

“I’m not the... one for you, Chen...” You said. Chen bowed his head and cried even louder. You put your hands on his face and forced him to look at you. “But I know there is someone worthy of your love, someone who will make you really happy and someone who deserves you. And that’s not me, Kim Jongdae, not me.” You said.

He slapped your hands away and mumbled, “So I am rejected...”

“But we’re still BEST FRIENDS, right?” you added.

You gave him a hug but after a few seconds he pulled away and stood up. He wiped his tears and turn away. Now, his back is facing you. “Maybe it’s better if we... don’t hang-out for a while just to avoid...awkwardness between the two of us after what...has happened.” He closed the gates and went inside.

Chen...I’m…Sorry.

 

You found a taxi and told him to bring you at the cafe. As usual, you showed him the address of the street.

“But I just don’t know if you will love me back...”

“NO! I MEANT IT! I love you, Soo Min.”

“I haven’t court others because of you!”

“I wanted to be happy but I can’t because it hurts me more when I see you crying...”

“Every time I see you two together, it kills me!”

“I wanted to die!”

“Because I like you.”

“You have to rest for a few more hours. You’ll get sick again, Soo Min.”

“...you got a fever while I was taking you home but since my house was nearer I brought you here to rest...”

You gasped. You remembered that he took care of you when you were drunk. But that’s not the problem. The problem is that you haven’t thanked him for everything and instead you hurt his feelings so bad. You were about to text him but you arrived at your stop. You paid the driver then went inside the cafe.

Okay. Girls...what do girls usually do when they greet each other? You thought, warily.

You looked at the clock and you’re just in time. 7:01am. You looked around and saw a tall boy wearing cool eyeglasses. There he is Park Chanyeol. He’s with 4 girls. He has his arm around a girl who was sitting next to him. Maybe that’s her girl, Jung Hanna.

Sitting arrangement

Hanna  Chanyeol  Vacant

Girl1   Girl2   Girl3

You went to their table and greeted, “Hey, Yeol!” You waved at him then bowed at the girls. “Hi.” They greeted back. Chanyeol told you to sit next to him and so you did. He didn’t let you sit next to Hanna or the others because he knew you’re not fond of “girl friends”. You started to introduce yourself to them.

 

“H-Hi, I’m Kim Soo Min. You can call me whatever you want.” You blurted. No expression, as usual.

 

“Hi, Chang Sofia. You can call me Piyya for short. I was born in London.” Girl1 smiled. Her hair was brown and short. She looked smart but something tells you she’s an idiot. The other girl who was sitting next to Sofia has a long dark hair. She’s pretty too.

 

“Hey, I’m Jin Erika. Like Piyya, I was born at London too, actually.” She smiled too.

 

“You’re pretty.” You blunted. Chanyeol looked at you nervously.

 

“Umm...Than—“ you interrupted her.

 

“But your London thingy, I don’t really give a f—adjksfsrxvrhs!” Chanyeol covered your mouth and whispered, “Would you please stop offending someone you just met, okay? Just zip it!” You rolled your eyes and abstained. He let go of your mouth and you looked at Girl3. Ugh. Why does she look like a hobo? You thought in disgusted. You felt something on her. You don’t like her aura. Antipathy was forming around you now towards that girl and you don’t know why.

 

“Hey. My name’s Lu Daeyle. I was born at China. I’m Chinese-Canadian, by the way. I already told Chanyeol that…I’m Luhan’s cousin. Nice to meet you…Kim Soo Min.” She said. Your eyes widened.

 

What the actual !? You thought.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will you do now? Let's find out on the next chapter!

Author's Note: Sorry for the late update of Chapter 2. Here's a peace offering. If you like it, please subscribe.

Please promote it to some of your friends too! Thanks! ^-^