Chapter 6

Drunk when I met you, ~

Chapter 6

 

“Just don’t interrupt me or… walk away, okay? Hear me out first, please.” She stated. Ugh. Just get on with it. You thought.

 

Chanyeol nodded, “Okay.” Yeah, with that stupid grin. Pfft. He’s like a giant toothpaste model! You continued fidgeting on the bottle you’re holding.

 

“Can’t promise you that.” You said. Chanyeol nudged you but you just shrugged. Daeyle looked at you two with serious eyes. You unconsciously looked back at her. You don’t know why but there’s something about her eyes that kept on telling you to listen. You didn’t fight that feeling instead you obeyed it. Now, you are ready to listen to her.

 

“Well, it’s about…Luhan.” She said. Your brows furrowed while Chanyeol…his grin disappeared. She gave us a pleading look telling us to wait. This is stupid. She came with us just to tell something about that . Well, let’s see. What should YOU know?

 

“H-He’s…d-d-dead…for 5 y-years…now.” She stuttered.

 

FLASHBACK.

 

“Your attitude doesn’t suit your ing face, Luhan.” That’s what you said. He was kneeling on the ground massaging his jaw, which was probably broken now. The girl was holding his back helping him stand up. He doesn’t know why but when he stood up, he actually felt guilty. He was looking on the ground. She was like the other girls I used to play with, right? But why do I feel like this? He thought. He wanted to brush those thoughts off but it won’t work. It’s not his thoughts anymore but his conscience. It’s bothering him. Am I feeling like this because I’m not the one that she thought I was? He thought. He didn’t realize that the girl was calling him.

“Luhan oppa~ Let’s go!” She called. She’s now standing beside Luhan’s car. He was about to run to her when his head and back suddenly aches. He needed stop from running because it hurts. IT REALLY HURTS! His eyes were getting blurry. The last thing he saw was the girl running towards him, yelling his name. Everything was blurry then he out again.

 

--

 

Luhan opened his eyes. He saw a white-painted ceiling. He looked around—WAIT. He’s here again. He can hear small sounds…like beeping sounds. Then he figure out that he’s in the hospital again. Little by little he starts hearing things.

 

“What’s really happening to him?” someone asked.

“I already told him but I guess he haven’t told yo--?”

“Cut the crap and just tell me what the is wrong with him!?” SHE said. It was a familiar girl.

“He was sent here many times before. Back then we saw 3 tumors in his brain but now it’s four. He’s in Stage 4 cancer now, Ms Lu.” He said.

 “What will happen to him now? Can he still return home? Is there a possible way to cure him? ANSWER ME!!” She yelled.

“It’s your choice if you want him to stay here or at home. Wherever you think he will feel comfortable. There’s a possible way for him to live. It’s an operation but his life after the operation is unpredictable. If he survives the operation, he lives. If not, I’m sorry.”  He replied.

“How can you ING SUGGEST SOMETHING THAT IS STILL UNPREDICTABLE!?” she asked, desperately.

“I’m sorry but it’s the only way.” He said. She cried and unconsciously, Luhan didn’t notice that his tears were falling.

The girl rushed inside and cried more. She went near Luhan’s bed.

“Hey, Daeyle, my precious cousin.” He said, trying to reach his hands on her cheeks but she slapped it away. You can see in her eyes that she was so sad and angry. “What the , Luhan? How can you hide something like this to me, TO US? You’re such an idiot!” She yelled.

Luhan tried to sit up but he failed. He was so weak now. It’s been months that he was suffering from these headaches. One month ago, he started puking blood. That’s when the doctor said his situation. He didn’t tell anyone because he doesn’t want to be a weakling in front of them.

“I’m s-sorry.” That’s all he can say for now.

 

--

1 week after.

“You just played with her!? You bastard! How could you? You already lied to her about who you are and this!? You just played with her like the other girls you used to play with? You’re such a piece of !” Daeyle yelled. Luhan told her what he did to you. He was now lying on his bed with that mask on his bed, giving him oxygen.

 

“I’m s-sor…ry. I know…I’m…wrong…so…wrong… but can y-you help…me…” Luhan tried to speak even though it’s really hard now.

“Tell me what you want to say to her. I’ll write. You better be grateful that you still have a cousin ,WHO IS REALLY BUSY STUDYING, ready to help you, jerk!” She said.

Luhan chuckled, weakly.

 

Daeyle took a paper and a pen then sighed. “You need to live so you can apologize to her. You’re not the one she thought you were so you need to take that operation, Luhan; whether you like it or not. It’s the only way, you understand?” She said, seriously.

Luhan just nodded, weakly.

 

--

 

Hospital, on operation day.

 

“P-Plea…se…tell…her…I’m sor…ry…I really…am.” Luhan said, breathing in between those words. It’s been 4 years now, him suffering so much. SO MUCH. If you were here, you will say, ’Serves him right!’

 

Daeyle was sitting beside Luhan’s bed holding his right hand, giving him hope. She was biting her bottom lip preventing herself from crying in front of him. “Okay, I’ll give her the letter. D-Don’t worry. Y-You’ll live. I know, okay?” She said. Luhan stared at her with those weak eyes. He’s breathing heavily. He’s so weak now, really weak. “G-Go…on…cry…D-Don’t…stop…your…self…please…” He said, weakly.

Daeyle cried like what he said. She couldn’t stop herself. Seeing his cousin like in this state breaks her heart. She was living with them since she was born because her Mom abandoned her while her Dad died when she was still in her Mom’s tummy. They treated each other like siblings.

Then the doctor and the nurses came, ready to take Luhan to the operation room.

After hours of waiting outside, it’s done.

 

“I’m…sorry but his body…was really weak now to handle—“ She cut him off with her palm.

“STOP. JUST STOP, DOCTOR. I just need to see him…now” She’s crying. The doctor gave him permission to. “I’m really sorry.” He said. There she saw Luhan’s lifeless body. It only looks like he’s sleeping peacefully but it’s true. He’s sleeping peacefully where he will never wake up again…ever.

 

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

Here we are now, standing in front of Luhan’s grave while Daeyle kneeling in front of it. Chanyeol couldn’t help himself but cried. You comforted him while giving him a hug. You just felt something heavy in your heart but at the same time you felt sorry because of his suffering. You are still undecided if you will forgive him or not. After you broke from the hug you kneeled beside Daeyle and stared blankly at Luhan’s grave.

R.I.P.

Lu Han

Blah, Blah,

Daeyle wiped her tears away and handed you something, a letter. You took it and gave her an understanding look. The letter was colored sky blue and it’s folded into three with you name on it:

 

Kim Soo Min

 

You inhaled deeply then exhaled. You opened the letter to see what’s inside it.

 

Soo Min,

First of all, please forgive me forgive me for everything, actually. I’m really sorry for the day that I told you that I played with you. I realized that I did love those times even though I thought that I was playing with you but I was wrong because my heart told me that I really love you so please forgive me for being a blind . When I first saw you, I was really interested in you. Even if I have to lie, I will because I was really interested in you that time, even now. I’m really, really sorry because I’m not the one you thought I was. Don’t forget that I really love you. I love you, Kim Soo Min.

 

Luhan ^_^

 

You stared at the letter for a few moments. You felt good after reading this letter. Reading and witnessing Luhan’s apology in this letter makes you feel good. You don’t know why but feel like forgiving him. You unconsciously smile at the letter then his grave. You nodded and replied, “You’re forgiven, LuHan.”

 

Daeyle and Chanyeol smiled at you, satisfied. You raised your brows and asked, “What?” They shook their heads and smiled again. Creepy. You gazed back on Luhan’s grave then at the skies. Is it you? Or you saw Luhan’s face up there, smiling? You smiled back at him not knowing the reason.

 

“It’s already 4 pm. I’ll go to Baek’s house and play some games. Wanna come?” Chanyeol asked. Daeyle shook her head. “Strict parents.” She said. You also shook your head. “I’m too lazy and tired.” You replied him. Chanyeol chuckled. “Yeah. And do me a favour. Don’t drink tonight, okay? It might affect your health. A-And I-I’m just c-c-c-oncerned, o-okay?” Chanyeol stuttered. You laughed at his face. He looks so scared of you. “I won’t eat you. I feel good right now.” You laughed. He sighed holding his chest.

 

“Bye, Soo Min. Bye, Daeyle.” Then he ran to his car and left. You looked at Daeyle. “How will you go home?” You asked, concerned. For the first time. “There’s buses roaming around here.” She smiled, teasingly and nudging me. Then she waved goodbye and left. You were walking away but you stopped for a while and glanced back at Luhan’s grave and smiled.

 

--

 

Few minutes later while you were in a cab a message came.

[Baekhyun]-4:54pm

Let’s hang-out tomorrow, my treat. No pranks this time trust me. 9am. Let’s meet at the mall, okay? See ya, guys!

 

You arrived at home. You went straight to your room. Even though you drank 6 bottles of alcohol, you’re not that tipsy. You laid your body there, looking at your black ceiling. Your forearm rested on your face. You're starting to have headaches again but you thought it's just because of the hangover so you brushed it off. Soon, you didn’t realize that you fall asleep. Fortunately, you dreamt of HIM.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Chapter: Who's this HIM? Do you have an idea. Let's find out. Let's hope Baekhyun's telling the truth. ^-^

Authour's Note: If there are errors, kindly comment please. Well, I'm not a perfect person though. You can't blame me, right? Let me ask you something. Should I include Kris in this fanfic just in case I need someone like him? I miss him though. BTW. #HappySuhoDay  It's our leader's birthday. HooRay!!! #WMAExo  Ajujuju~~ Saranghaeyo~