Flashbacks

Drunk when I met you, ~

*yawns*

 

First day of summer, what should I do?  You thought. You looked outside the window, still lying on your bed. You saw the trees swaying because of the warm breeze and by just looking at it; you can feel its warmth. Your memories were playing with your mind that you didn’t notice that you were daydreaming already.

 

--

 

“We’re going on a vacation!? Yehey!” you yelled, happily. Your Mom and Dad were watching you run around the house, screaming. “You want to help me pack, honey?” your Mom called out. And of course, you agreed. The two of you went upstairs and happily packed your things. Your Dad went to the Master bedroom to pack their things too. The phone rang and your Mom went downstairs to answer it. “Hello? Who is this?” your Mom asked. “Soo Jin? Is Dong-Min there? It’s me, Jung-Su. I need to talk to him. Please hand him the phone now.” He replied. Your Mom called your Dad who quickly ran down the stairs. Your mom eavesdropped on their conversation.

 

“What? But we’re going on a vacation tomorrow. Can’t it wait until Saturday?” Your Dad seems to say.

 

“Just tell them to wait, please…What? My promotion will be…delayed? 8? What? 10 years?” your Dad said, problematically. “Fine, just tell them…it will be submitted on Saturday.” Your Dad sighed.

 

--

 

You realized that you’ve been out for a few minutes now so you got up from your bed and took a shower. But still, that didn’t help.

 

--

 

You were amazed. The beach was perfect, the sand, the sea, everything! Your family had fun all day; when the sun was down and it was already dark, your Mom told you rest. She accompanied you towards the rest house. She laid you on the bed and put the blanket up to shoulders. “Mom, this is the best vacation ever.” You whispered, sleepily. Your Mom smiled and said, “Your Dad sacrificed his promotion for this vacation; don’t disrespect him in the future, okay?” she whispered back but you were already fast asleep. She giggled and kissed your forehead before she went out.

 

--

 

You rinsed yourself, at last, and stepped out of the shower room to dry. When you’re back to your room you realized that you forgot to fix your bed but the truth is you really didn’t bother arranging it because you want your Dad to suffer lecturing you for nothing. “Whatever.” You grunted, looking at the unfixed-bed. You grabbed your clothes from your closet. You threw your used clothes on the floor not bothering to pick it up or something. Yeah, even if you’re a girl with your actions, they might think you’re a guy or worst. You look outside and saw a bus and unfortunately, it’s Bus 12.

 

--

 

Kim Soo Min, age 11.

You were with your friends on a vacation. You left your house at 6, travel for 1 hour, and had fun for about 7 hours. You texted your Mom that you will go home and commute but she insisted that she and your Dad will pick you up. But…

[Mom]-2:45pm

Your Dad can’t come with me so I’ll take the bus to pick up. Wait for me, okay?

You sighed because you know this would happen. After your best vacation, your Dad’s always busy and had no time for you and your Mom at all. So you replied…

TO: [Mom]-2:47pm

Fine, I’ll wait.

SENT.

You waited for about 45 minutes now. You recalled that it takes an hour to reach this place so you decided to wait a little longer. 20 minutes passed. The bus was supposed to appear that time but nothing came.

KRIIIIIING!!!

You jump a little because of the sudden sound. You realized your phone was ringing. You looked at the caller’s name…

Mom.

You answered quickly. “Hello, Mom. Where are yo---“ 

“Excuse me, but is this a relative of Mrs. Kim Soo Jin?” You were interrupted by a voice that is definitely not your Mom’s. Suddenly, your body became nervous. Your tried to calm yourself and answered,”Y-Yes. This is her daughter. Who are you? Did something happen?”

“I’m a nurse. A-Actually, we’re in the hospital right now because of an accident that happened a while ago with Bus 12. We just want you to know t-that…umm…maybe it’s better if you would go to the hospital, Ma’am. Immediately.” He said.

 

--

 

 

Stop. Please just stop.

 

--

 

 

“Sorry but your Mom was…dead on arrival. I’m sorry. Her body failed because of the impact, the damage…and too much blood loss. I’m sorry, kid.” The doctor said. You cried so hard. You kicked everything in front of you. You went to see your Mom’s dead body and when you saw it, you cried even harder. After hours of yelling and crying, your Dad came. You blamed yourself for everything but when you saw your Dad, you realized that if he went with your Mom to pick you, your Mom wouldn’t have taken a bus especially Bus 12. “Why!? Why didn’t you accompanied her!?” you yelled at him, glaring. “I was… the meeting… I can’t just leave it like that, Soo Min.” he explained. “Meeting!? J-Just because of a stupid MEETING!? Dad, what the actual ? I hate you. I HATE YOU!” You yelled at the top of your lungs. You cried and cried. Your Dad tried to hug you but you slapped his arms away. “Don’t even dare.” You grumbled, crying. “I’m sorry.” He apologized. You hugged your Mom for the last time then ran outside. You remembered what your Mom said, “Your Dad sacrificed his promotion for this vacation; don’t disrespect him in the future, okay?”

“I’m sorry, Mom. I can’t. I can’t.”  you cried.

 

--

 

 

“UGGGGH!!!” you yelled, kicking your bed. You abhor remembering those things. So you took your eyeliner from the drawer and put some on your eyes. You don’t know what to do this summer. After a few minutes, your phone rang.

 

KRIIIIING!!!

 

First day of summer at 9 am, who could it be? You thought. Seriously, you didn’t want to answer but still your curiosity and hand betrayed you. You looked at the caller’s name…

 

Kyungsoo

 

“Hello.” You greeted. “KIM SOO MIN!!!” he yelled that you have to remove your phone away from your ear because of that shout.

“Whaaat?” you asked, lazily. This guy called you early in the morning to yell at you on the phone. “Where are you? We’re all here! These es won’t stop the chaos! OUCH! Baekhyun! We’ll get kicked out in no time! ! Chanyeol, would you stop that.” He said. Based on D.O’s voice, those aliens are definitely making a lot of disaster right now. And by the way, you have NO idea on what he’s talking about and you don’t remember anything that they planned on going out this summer. Maybe you just forgot because of too much… reflecting or daydreaming. Whatever you call it.

 

 “Where are you?” you asked, immediately.

 

“What? We’re at the café. What’s wrong with yo—! Chen, stay away from meeee!! SOO MIN, just get your here now!” He wailed, angrily. So you did forget. “O-Okay. I’ll be right there!” you hung up and left your room. You ran downstairs and opened the door. “Miss Soo Min, where are you going?” a maid asked. “Can’t you see I’m going out?” You said, making gestures saying, ‘ugh. Obviously.’

 

“O-Oh. Yes, I can see that. Carry on, Miss.” She said, waving her hand. You opened the gate and left since your house is a walking distance from the main road. Taxis don’t enter you street but some bus do and you hated it. You found a taxi and you showed the driver the name of the street that D.O was referring to. “At the café in this street please.” You said, showing him a small strip of paper. “Okay.” The driver replied. Good thing the driver is nice. You feel relaxed so you sat comfortably. Because it was too quiet, your memories were playing with your mind AGAIN and you didn’t notice that you were daydreaming AGAIN. This time it’s not about your family anymore. It’s about your first love,

 

Luhan.