Symptoms

Nothing Out of the Ordinary

"Hey Jinx?" The older man looked up from the book in his lap and hummed in response. Minho was leaning back in his seat in the dinning room so he could look at him. "Mind coming in here for a moment? I have something for you to read."


"Will I be amused by this?" Jinki cocked his head to the side and bounced his leg absentmindedly.


"Probably." The other man said with a soft chuckle. "That or embarrassed out of your ." 


Curiosity got the better of him as he folded the corner of his page, closed the book and laid it on the couch cushion beside him before standing up and making his way over to where his boyfriend was grading papers. He leaned over the man's shoulder, his left hand softly placed on Minho's left shoulder as he placed his right on the table beside the paper. The writing was small, written in a light purple pen, and by the tiny hearts over the I's Jinki took a gander and thought it to be a girl's paper. "So what's so amusing?"


Minho covered his lips with his thin fingers and chuckled softly as he reached out and tapped the paper with his other. Jinki leaned in closer, his chest pressed against Minho's long locks. It took him a moment, but the moment a wide smile erupted on his face the other man knew he had read it. "I think you need to stop sending me roses. You're giving my students ideas."  


Jinki just smiled even more and pressed a wet sloppy kiss onto the man's cheek. "But what fun would that be?" The man flipped the page and read more, even though Minho only wanted him to read the part about the roses, but as he continued reading he figured that the other man hadn't read past that part. "Uh, how far did you read Babe?"


"Where I showed you.. why?" Minho asked as he turned his head to look at the other man fully. Jinki chewed on his lips and thought about how he would come about to tell him about this, but decided no matter what he would really love the reaction. That being said he just placed the paper on the table and motioned with his hand.


"Just don't shoot me." He said as he stood straight, but he didn't move from behind the chair. The moment his boyfriend gasped and his hands moved up to cover his face Jinki shook his head. "Maybe I shouldn't send you flowers anymore."


"Jinki! They saw! They saw us! Oh my God." 


He rushed to wrap his arms around the man, "Shh, stop panicking. They didn't see us."


"But they did! I knew we shouldn't have.. I knew but damn you." He swatted at Jinki's arms, but it wasn't meant to hurt. He could feel the man's heart racing from his arms on his chest, and he kissed his temple to try and calm him. `


"Despite everything she's a good writer."


"He." Minho corrected softly.


"He?"


"Yeah. Taemin."


"Well there's your answer. Jonghyun put him up to this." He gently hugged him, "Stop blushing. At least he got the whole role thing right."


Even though Minho hit him in the back of his head, he still ran away laughing. But he promised the man later he would have a conversation with Jonghyun tomorrow when they came over for dinner. 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                        ------

 

 

 

 

 


Come Tuesday of the following week Minho wasn't surprised that he got roses during his lunch bell, but that it was Jinki holding them. When he had been called to the office all he had seen was a man's lower half and the big vase of flowers covering his face and most of his torso. When the flowers were lowered and Jinki's big smile could be seen Minho felt his stomach do flips. His smile always did that to him no matter how long it had been directed to him.


"What are you doing here?" He asked, hoping that he didn't sound annoyed, but by the face Jinki made that's exactly how he sounded. 


"I came to have lunch with you. This is your lunch bell right?"


"It is." 


"Good! Now lead me to your room. This lovely woman here said I could." The woman giggled when Jinki smiled at her, and Minho rolled his eyes as he took the flowers from the man and grabbed his wrist.


"Come on old man."


He decided that it would be best if he left his classroom door open. He didn't need rumors to go around, or even worse give his student Taemin any more ideas. Taemin was a wonderful writer, and an even more wonderful boy, but he loved to play tricks and his father didn't help at all.  


Jinki placed the bag of food he had picked up on his way over here and basically flopped into the leather chair. He stretched back, his dress shirt moving up slightly, before he smiled over at him. "This chair is amazing. How do you not fall asleep all the time?"


"If you met 3 of my classes you'd understand." It was strange for Jinki to come to his work, mainly because they weren't necessarily public. They went on dates, held hands, and kissed in public, but no one knew that it was a man sending him the roses every Tuesday, and he never told them. Of course his students were a little more perceptive, being as they were with him a lot more than his fellow teachers. He was sure most of them found out about it after he got a present from the older man and the card said happy birthday from your man.


He didn't mind them knowing. It wasn't like he was ashamed of who he was and who he was with, but he knew of teachers and parents that wouldn't be too keen on having a gay man teach their kids different ways of creative writing. Luckily the generation he taught was a lot more open with things, and wouldn't tell a soul.


"Why are you here Jinki? Don't you have a meeting this morning?"


"I have this new assistant you see, and my boss wants to see how well he does without me there. In other words my boss wants to torture me later when I have to go back and redo what he does wrong and do what he hasn't yet." Jinki sighed loudly for emphasis. "That being said I decided to give you flowers in person! They're peach today. You always look nice next to peach." 


Minho gave him a look, but as he looked over at the flowers his face softened and he moved to softly smell them. "They're wonderful. Thank you." 


"Can't I get a kiss as a thank you?"


Minho shook his head. "Not here Jinx."


The older man pouted, but sighed and worked open the bag of food. He understood. He didn't like it, but he understood.

                      

 

 

                                                                                    -----

 

 

 

 

 

 Almost a week later Jinki did wait until they were going to bed to work Minho up enough for the younger man to almost beg for him. He wasn't planning on doing anything more than maybe making out, but the man just looked so damn good in that oversized white shirt and boxers he couldn't help himself.


"I feel all fuzzy." Minho mumbled softly; the older man wrapped his arm tightly around him and pulled him close. He slowly turned and looked over at him with hazy eyes. "Like all warm inside."


"Do you?" He asked softly as he gently pushed the man's hair out of his face. It was mess, thrown everywhere on his head and matted in places, but to Jinki he was beautiful. 


"Mhm." The man gently ran his fingers over the planes of Jinki's chest, his fingers cool against the hot skin.  "Kind of like the moment I knew I loved you. My heart is beating fast but I don't feel it."


Jinki smiled sleepily and kissed his nose softly. "I love you too Baby."

 

 


                                                                                       -----

 

 

 

 

When Jinki came home to find Minho curled up on the couch sleeping he really didn't think much of it. He had been kind of demanding the whole weekend, and because of this that morning he had been dead on his feet. Jinki felt horrible for it. He quietly walked over and softly kissed his boyfriends cheek before tossing a blanket over his long legs. He pushed the man's longer hair out of his face, and smiled. Minho really was a sight to behold, and even more when he slept. Jinki had never seen someone look so beautiful while they slept, but Minho wasn't just anyone. 


After one last soft kiss on the cheek Jinki went to find himself some food. He knew Minho would be hungry when he woke up, whenever that was, so for once he would make dinner for them both. It wasn't like he didn't know how to cook, because he did, but Minho was always home before him and because of this always had dinner ready. He giggled to himself happily at the thought of cooking for his boyfriend. Minho did way too much for him, and even if it was just dinner it was something to give back to the man who loved him without bounds.


Minho came shuffling into the kitchen about an hour later; hair a mess and hands rubbing his eyes. He peered at the older man with squinted eyes. When Jinki turned with a huge smile, he returned it with a smaller one. The older man came over and gently kissed his cheek before pushing him towards a stool. As the man continued to squint at him Jinki chuckled. "Did you drop your contact down the sink again?" 


"Maybe." He stuck his tongue out and laid his head against his arms that were crossed on the counter. "How long have you been home?"


"Maybe an hour? Did you have a good nap?"


"I still feel so tired Jinx." He huffed and squinted over at him. "Do you know where my glasses are?" 


"Aren't they with mine?"


Minho hummed in recognition and shuffled out of the room toward the bedroom. Jinki just shook his head with a smile on his face.


Sleepy Minho was an adorable Minho.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                         ------

 

 

 

 

The drowsiness continued, but they just put that because of all the grading for the huge end of semester project grading the man was doing. Jinki thought that maybe he was wearing himself a little too thin, especially when he came home to find him looking paler than normal staring blankly at the project before him.


He hadn't even noticed he had come home, and Minho always did. And when he walked over and kissed the man's cheek he was surprised to find the younger man burning up. He promptly pulled him from the chair and pushed him softly onto the couch. "Don't you dare move."


He came back with a cool cloth, a glass of water with a ibuprofen and a popsicle. Minho looked up at him and Jinki could see just how tired he was. Not just that he needed sleep, but his body was tired. Like it had just ran a mile in under a minute. Jinki placed the pill on the other man's tongue and handed him the glass. "I'm fine Jinki."


"My you are." He picked the popsicle up and ripped open the paper wrapped, and handed it over to him. "Here. ." 


"You said that last night."


"And now your sick so no mention of anything ual." Jinki swatted softly at his hand when he moved to grab the phone that was on the table. He gave a look be moving behind him and pulling him back. "Now relax, eat your popsicle and be a good boy while I cool off your forehead."


Minho seemed like he wanted to fight it, but when he finally leaned back and relaxed against him it did seem like his body wasn't stiff.  "My tummy hurts."


Jinki frowned at the muttered sentence. "Stop running yourself into the ground. Those projects can wait until winter break okay."
 

"Okay." He mumbled softly before snuggling closer. "Can we watch Nemo again?" 


Jinki was already reaching for the remote before he finished the question, and the way Minho softly smiled was enough for him as he gently moved the cool cloth over his burning forehead.


Maybe this would just pass after the books were graded.

 

 

 

 


                                                                                      ----- 

 

 

 

 


It didn't. When Jinki woke up to a cold, Minho-less bed one morning following to hear vomiting through the open bathroom door he knew it wasn't just some cold or because of stress. The blanket was thrown off of him, the sleepiness that usually clung to him for minutes after waking up gone as he rushed into the bathroom to see what was wrong. 


Minho looked up at him as he slid into the door frame, and forced a smile as he pushed himself up and went to brush his teeth. He hated the taste that was in his mouth after puking. It almost made him want to puke again. When Jinki moved to touch him he shook it off and pushed past him. He felt icky, like his stomach decided to do a giant aerial routine while he was sleeping. Usually after puking the urge to want to went away, but it still lingered and he hated it. He just wanted to lay in bed and allow Jinki to cuddle him as he slept, but he didn't feel like being touched. He didn't feel like eating breakfast, or going to take a shower no matter how sweaty and dirty he felt. 


He was grumpy and all he wanted was sleep. He frowned and climbed back into bed; not even bothering to pull the blanket over him. It was too hot for it anyway. His oversized shirt would do just fine.


Jinki was still worried out of his mind, especially when Minho swatted at him when he sat on the bed and tried to reach out for him. The younger man always loved to be cuddled when he was sick, it made him feel better, and the fact he wouldn't let him made Jinki frown even more. "Minho.. Baby are you okay?"


"Just let me sleep Jinki." He muttered, his back toward him. "Go back to sleep, go take a shower or go eat, or whatever. Just don't touch me. I'm tired."


"Minho I just-"


"I am trying to sleep." He snapped and Minho never snapped at him. 


Jinki gulped and softly whispered. "Okay... I'll be in the living room if you need me."


And as he walked out of the door he didn't fail to hear Minho say. "I won't."

 

 

 

 

                                                                                    -----

 

 

 

Minho came out of the room 2 hours later; eyes big and a pout on his face. Jinki looked up at him from the couch with concerned eyes, and when the man shuffled over and leaned against him he wrapped his arms around him. "Sowwie. I do need you."


"Don't be. How are you feeling?"


"Like I got pulled around by a truck." He mumbled and turned a little to better comindate his shoulder so he could hug the man back. 


"Do you want to go to the doctors?"


 Minho shook his head. "It's probably just a stomach bug."


Jinki bit his lip for a moment before saying quietly, "Okay, just promise me if it doesn't go away in the next couple days you'll allow me to take you to get checked."


Minho hummed and nuzzled against him. He felt better being held by Jinki, but then a moment later he was rushing out of the man's embrace and down the hall towards the bathroom. The older man followed, and rubbed soft circles into his back as he made sure the man's hair didn't get in the way. Minho in a huge breath, and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. "I thought it was over."


Jinki frowned and pulled him off the floor. "Let's go get some fluids in you. I don't have to go to work today, and neither do you."


"But it's exam day!"


"Jesus could come back and be there. I don't give a hoot. You're staying here and getting better."


Minho pouted, but as he was fed some chicken soup and bundled up on the couch work was the last thing on his mind.

 

 

A/N; So this is a little longer than I expected but uh here it is! Symptoms! Sorry it's been so long. I'm finally out of school until I graduate next thursday, so I will have more time to write and update.

Working on updates for various stories so look forward to that! 

I hope you enjoyed this! Tell me what you think so far :D