Should of Called me

Nothing Out of the Ordinary

"Does the tiny screw go in the B slot or the longer one?" Minho asked softly from his spot cross legged on the floor; holding the two different sized screws. Jinki's head popped up from behind the dresser they were putting together. He glanced at the paper in his hand and then up at the man's held up hands and nodded toward the right. 

 

"The tiny one." 

 

"Thought so." Minho's head ducked, the screw twisted in before it popped back up. "How's the drawers going?" 

 

There was a soft sliding noise before Jinki was standing up and brushing his hands on his pants. He flashed a smile over at the sitted man and rushed over to press a sloppy kiss on Minho's cheek. "Done." 

 

Minho wiped his cheek in an angry fashion with his sleeve , but his cheeks were tinted pink and there was a gentle smile on his face as he looked up at him. "Another one down. Only one more to go."

 

Jinki glanced over at the crib box. He sat down behind the man, a leg on either side. Minho sighed contently and leaned against him. His back was killing him. The man behind him groaned softly. Jinki's hands wound around his stomach and gently moved them. Minho winced and hoped that his boyfriend hadn't noticed it, but of course he did. "Is he kicking you again?"


   
Minho just grunted before nuzzling his head back against Jinki's chest. The 
older man thought about offering to move to the couch, but he knew that the other man was already comfortable against him so he just nudged his nose against the man's shoulder. It wasn't an awkward silence, not at all. Jinki softly hummed the melody to their song as Minho's soft breaths slowed. 

 

Though Jinki hadn't expected Minho to fall asleep against him. He could only chuckle quietly. He didn't move an inch though, just rested back on his hands. Minho shifted slightly, rubbing his cheek into Jinki's chest, and his fingers curled into his shirt. 

 

Jinki knew that he would ache and crack all over once he got up later, but he honestly didn't care. Minho was comfortable and sleeping and that was enough for him. 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                   ------

 

 

 


Waking up in the middle of the night wasn't that strange, but waking up in the middle of the night and being alone in the bed was. Jinki had reached for Minho in the mounds of blankets to grasp sheets and any sleepiness that was still lingering was gone in a second. He pushed off the bed and almost fell flat on his face because of how the blankets twisted around his legs. 

 

"Minho?!" He called out as he slid into the bathroom door frame. Seeing no sign of his pregnant boyfriend he rushed to check the rest of the apartment. Blood rushed in his ears as his feet pushed off the wooden floored hallway. He wasn't in the other bathroom or Jinki's study. He gave a quick glance through the almost finished nursery, and when finding nothing rushed to check the living room and the rest of the house. 

 

He could of been on the couch watching some late night drama rerun because he couldn't sleep and didn't want to wake him. He had done that before, but Jinki saw no sign of the man in the room. The tv was off, the blanket they had used earlier was folded and laying on the back of the couch the way they had left it hours before. He knew for a fact that Minho didn't sit down carefully like he used to. He fell back softly on those cushions because his feet and back hurt, and he wasn't going to put too much pressure and weight on his knees. The cushions were smooth, no sign anywhere that Minho had been there since they both went to bed. 

 

Jinki wasn't sure how to exactly explain the feeling that descended over him the moment he turned that corner to see Minho walking from the kitchen. He had a huge bowl in his hand, big fluffy robe wrapped tightly around him and his hair was a mess, but if he wasn't everything Jinki wanted to see right then.

 

Minho blinked at him for a moment, spoon still held between his lips as he it with his tongue. "Oh. Hello Jinki Binki."

 

The name made him pause for a moment. He wanted to rush over and bring the man into a very tight hug. His heart was still beating fast, his mind was just beginning to slow down and he really didn't want to admit that he had freaked the hell out because he had woken up to a Minho less bed.

 

"You haven't called me that in years." Jinki finally breathed out.

 

 Minho cocked his head to the side and finally laid the spoon back into the bowl. "Is something wrong? You look like you just saw a ghost."

 

Jinki just shook his head and smiled. "No.. Nothing." Minho rose an eyebrow at the man as he moved closer. Jinki's smile was warm as he wrapped an arm around his waist. "What do you have there?"

 

"Triple Fudge Brownie Ice cream with extra fudge, the chocolate powder we used for milk, and extra chocolate on the top." Minho answered as he looked at his bowl, as if he hadn't just made it a moment before. He looked up with wide eyes, "Why?"

 

"You better share." 

 

Minho whined, but that didn't stop him from leaning against Jinki's shoulder in their bed and gently lift the spoon up to the older man's lips. 

 

The younger man gently yawned and snuggled closer; the spoon in his hand softly falling back into the bowl. Jinki just smiled and took the bowl. He pressed his lips on to the man's forehead for a moment after placing the bowl on the nightstand. 

 

Minho was mumbling something, his voice so soft and tired that it took Jinki a minute to make it all out. "Sorry .. for worrying you.... I needed brownieeees."

 

Jinki stared down at the man for a moment trying to figure out how to respond, but Minho was softly snoring and it was too late. He just softly smiled and shifted them a little. More for the younger man, but he really didn't want his own back hurting in the morning either.

 

He didn't know what to think about what Minho said. He hadn't wanted the younger man to know that he had basically over reacted the moment he woke up to find him out of bed. He didn't want to admit to Minho that his mind had automatically gone to worst possible scenario. He hadn't thought that the man was just hungry. He hadn't thought that he had just wanted a drink. He had thought that Minho was off somewhere unconscious on the floor hurt. He had thought that he was going to have to find him like that and rush him to the hospital. 

 

Jinki's heart didn't slow all the way until a good hour later, which he spent staring down at Minho. His fingers softly moved down the younger man's cheek, the skin warm and smooth against his fingertips. 

 

"You really are beautiful." He pressed his lips between Minho's eyebrows, again on the tip of his nose and once on each cheekbone. The younger shifted a little, but stayed close and warm in Jinki's arms.

 

He had found himself laying here curled up with Minho many times before just looking at him. The features of the other man's face that he believed he knew by heart always had something new for him to find. 

 

He ran his finger over the tiny scar on Minho's cheek. The one from his childhood that never really healed on the way. Minho's face was like a map of his life. His past and him as a person. Jinki may believe that he knows Minho through and through, but every night that he got to lay here with him in his arms to just look and take it all in shown him different. 

 

A soft kiss on the lips before he sighed and closed his eyes, turning on his back. Minho snuggled against his side, his protruding belly making it more difficult than normal, but he managed. After one last peek down at him he finally allowed sleep to take him.
 

 

 

 

                    

 


                                                                                                                      ------

 

 

 

 

When Minho was a little over 7 months pregnant Taemin began to send him text messages every so often during the day. Jinki was confused at first, thinking that maybe something bad had happened the moment the boy's name appeared on his phone, but Taemin just said that with it getting closer and closer to the due date he thought it would be a good idea to have constant updates. He said he'd stop if Jinki thought it was a bit excessive, but the older man had thought it was a brilliant idea and wished he had thought of it sooner.

 

Jinki began to finally feel okay again with going to work. He wasn't as worried as he had been. Even though Taemin was only 13, his ever caring eye meant the world to Jinki. He knew that he couldn't be there all the time, and neither could Taemin, but it was more than what he had. It put most of his worries to rest, at least for a while so he could focus on his work and get done faster than usual. He wanted to get home. He wanted to walk through that door just as Minho was getting home to wrap his arms around the man even if it wasn't as easy as it was before. 

 

His mind had always been on the younger man, so doing even the simplest of task turned into much more. It took him 45 minutes to do something that once took him 15. 3 hours to do the daily report that used to only take maybe 90 minutes on the longest day. He would try to focus and get it done because he knew that the quicker it was finished the quicker he could go home and be with the man that he was worrying about, but no matter what he did it never worked until Taemin began texting him as frequently.  

 

He was finishing a report on the sales for the new model his company had just produced when he 
got the message. 

 

Minho Hyung was sent home early. He almost fainted during lunch. - Taemin.

 

Jinki blinked down at the message for a moment before quickly typing out a reply. His heart was pounding against his chest, blood rushing past his ears as his fingers moved quickly over the phone screen. What time?

 

It took a couple minutes, each second the pounding and rushing in his ears getting louder, but soon the phone dinged and another message popped up. 1140ish.

 

Almost 2 hours since he was sent home. Why hadn't Minho messaged him? Why hadn't he called him or something about being sent home? Jinki needed to be there with him. He could make sure he was okay. He could go get things for him so he didn't over do it. He could massage his feet if they were swollen and be a cushion for him so he could watch tv and not have his back hurt. He could be there for him, and Minho hadn't even sent him a text message. He didn't know how bad it was. He didn't know if he almost fainted because he forgot to eat the apple Jinki had sliced for him.

 

Minho could of just been tired. He could of just been a little over heated. Jinki knew that the man's temperature was a little wonky now. Sometimes he was freezing, like normal, and other times he was sweating and really over heated that he kicked the blankets off in the middle of the night. Maybe he just had a headache and was a little light headed. No matter what was wrong Jinki deserved to have been called by Minho. He deserved to know that something had been wrong, still could be, so he could be there for him.

 

Whatever had happened Jinki knew that Minho didn't need to be up and about doing things for himself. He needed someone there to help him, and he should of been the first person the man called.

 

Thanks Taemin.

 

He then left a message at his boss' secretary saying he would finish the reports at home and have them on his desk first thing in the morning, before rushing toward his car. He didn't wait for the woman to say anything or for his message to be relayed.  

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                  ------

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun stared at the older man as he stepped into the kitchen.  He honestly hadn't expected Jinki to be home for another 4 hours at least. He had been getting some tea for Minho when he heard a key being slid into the lock. He had froze, not really knowing what to expect. Then the door was slammed close again and Jinki appeared a moment later. The older man's eyes were wide, accusing, and really confused. Jonghyun stood frozen where he had been since the door had been unlocked, cup in one hand and spoon with sugar on it in the other. Both softly fell to the counter as he turned to face Jinki square.

 

"What are you doing here?" They just happen to ask at the same moment. 

 

Jinki made a motion with his hands for him to continue as he laid his suit coat over the back of a chair. "Minho called me. I brought him home."

 

"He called you?" Jonghyun didn't miss the accusing tone. He didn't miss the fluctuation in the older man's voice as his gaze turned into a glare.

 

Jonghyun nodded slowly. "Yeah... I was going to drop off Taemin's report he forgot to print last night anyway and I offered to take care of him."

 

Jinki's tone didn't change for the better. If anything it got even a more sharper edge to it as he stepped further into the room. "And where is he?" 

 

"He's in the bathtub." Jonghyun answered hesitantly, gaze shooting the way he knew Minho was.

 

Jinki eyes flicked over toward the hallway before returning to the man before him. "You should have called me." 

 

"I did what Minho wanted Jinki." Jinki growled and moved to go back to where the younger man was, but a grip on his wrist prevented him. "He's relaxing. I took him to the doctor and everything. He's fine. He just needs rest."

 

"Let go of me. I need to go see him."

 

"Please? Just sit here and let me make you something. We can talk about what the doctor told us and we can let Minho soak. Does that sound okay?"

 

Jinki eyes flickered again, before closing as he sighed. "Just.. just for a little while."

 

Jonghyun's smile was warm as he lead the other man to a stool.

 

 

 

                     

                                                                                                                        ------