Your Son Is Kicking Me

Nothing Out of the Ordinary

Slightly (bad) mature scene at the end. It's a very badly written / and I skip to after it in the middle of it. So it's not that bad, but I thought I'd warn you since I didn't rate this chapter m.

 

Jinki was in the kitchen making sandwiches when Minho came and gently kissed his cheek saying he was going to go change before they left. Taemin had a track meet that afternoon and had asked them to come. Problem was with Minho's increased appetite and the fact Taemin's father was going to be there Jinki knew that they would need some type of snack. Which is why he dug up the old picnic basket from the closet in the hall. 


"Alright. Just make sure to bring your pillow." He reminded. Minho smiled and slipped down the hall. It was almost April, and the man's baby bump couldn't be hid with oversized shirts and sweaters anymore. So when it came to it they brought a giant pillow that would sit in front of him, if they were going to watch Taemin run. If they were going out to dinner that was a little complicated. It was getting warmer, and coats were becoming too hot for him to wear. It wasn't like they went out very often. Dr. Kim warned them to have Minho take it easy as they neared the third trimester. He was high risk as it was, and putting too much stress on the baby would just make it even worse. 


It was then he heard the scream. The bread that he was picking out of the toaster fell to the ground as he rushed back to their bedroom. His heart felt like it was in his throat as he turned that corner. He didn't know what he expected, but it definitely wasn't Minho standing near their dresser in just his boxers and a shirt holding a pair of pants. All around the room Jinki could see every single pair of pants both of them owned. 


"Minho what... Are you hurt? Why did you scream?" Jinki rushed out after running over to him. His eyes were looking all over the man, hands lifting his shirt as he searched.


"I have nothing to wear Jinki. Nothing. Nothing fits anymore!" 


"So you screamed and gave me a heart attack?"


It was then that he finally looked up at the older man. Minho saw the panic and fear in those beautiful depths and he hated himself. "I... I didn't think. I'm so sorry." 


Jinki let out a breath as he wrapped his arms around the man tightly. Minho could feel his lips moving against his shoulder, "Just don't scare me like that."


"Okay." He muttered.


Jinki smiled then, small and hesitant, as he moved to get something out of the bin at the bottom of their closet. He gently pressed them into Minho's hands. "Just wear my sweat pants for now okay? When the meet is over we'll stop and get supplies, and I'll fix your pants for you. Okay? Just no more screaming. I'll really have a heart attack next time."


A soft kiss on the cheek, and another murmured sorry before Jinki was leaving and finishing what he had been doing. Toast was picked up, another set of bread put into the toaster, and bottles of juice placed in the basket. Minho came out a moment later carrying his giant fluffy pillow and wearing the really baggy sweat pants. He still felt guilty for what he did but then the older man was gently laying a blanket over his shoulders and kissing his cheek. 


They held hands the entire ride to the track.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                          -------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When they arrived at the track Taemin was bouncing on the balls of his feet. Jonghyun was trying his best to calm him down, but by the looks of things he was only making it worse. The boy had been on the track team before, but only as an alternate. When he was finally recognized for his talent he had never asked Minho and Jinki to come watch him. Maybe it was the fact that they were coming that made him so nervous, but then again maybe it was just because he was running in most of the races. 


Jonghyun had spotted them before Taemin did. He then rushed over to help Minho from the car, and even though the man slapped his arm the appreciative look and smile Jinki sent his way made it worth it. Taemin seemed to calm down the moment Minho wrapped his arms around him in a warm hug. He could feel the tension almost seep out of the boy as he tightened his embrace.


"You'll do great. You got my skills in sports." Minho said quietly to him.


"How does that even work Minho?" Jonghyun asked with a smirk.


"Well he obviously didn't get them from you."  Jinki commented with a smile before gripping Minho's hand and pulling him along. Their arms swung softly between them.


Minho was the one that picked the spot for them to sit, and Jonghyun laid the blanket down on the ground before Jinki could move to do so. 


Jinki quickly sat down and allowed Minho to sit between his legs. The man leaned back against him and hugged his pillow against his middle. He pushed off his shoes and wiggled his toes with a happy sigh. It was good to be out again. Jinki just kissed his neck and s his arms around his middle; his hands flat against the man's baby bump. It still amazed him, and that's why he gently lifted his shirt and placed his hands against the warm taunt skin. Minho gasped softly and turned his head a little, but Jinki just smiled widely and moved his thumbs. 


"You're beautiful." He whispered with his lips pressed against the edge of the man's ear.


Before Minho could respond Jonghyun was groaning. "Stop with the cute. You are going to make me depressed more than you already do!"


They were going to say something but the whistle blew signaling the meet was about to start and they feel silent. 


Minho ended up eating all of his sandwiches, and Jonghyun ate almost all of the ones Jinki made for himself. The man just sighed and contented himself with feeding his boyfriend chips and snacks. He kind of expected that anyway. It's why he never got lunch.


Taemin ended up winning 3 out of his 4 events, and coming in 2nd on the one he didn't. He was a ball of energy as they walked to their cars. Jonghyun placed the bag Taemin would need for the weekend, and Taemin quickly climbed into the back seat. He would be staying over with the two men to help them paint the nursery. Besides, He really enjoyed being around the two of them. It was a totally different atmosphere than his own home with his father.


As the pulled out of the parking lot the young boy was already fast asleep curled up on Jinki's back seat. He was using Minho's fluffy pillow and the blanket that was wrapped around the man. 


Minho stayed in the car with the boy when Jinki ran into the fabric store to buy the materials he would need to fix the younger man's pants. After getting what he needed the man was jogging out of the doors and sliding into the driver's seat. Minho took his hand after the key was turned and smiled as he leaned over to softly press his lips to the man's. Jinki softly smiled and squeezed his hand before checking on Taemin and pulling out of the parking spot.


Taemin didn't once wake up on the rest of the way home. It took Jinki carrying him into their place and gently setting him on their bed to get him out of the car. 


Minho and Taemin slept in their big bed, and he opted to take the couch. Minho had been dead set against it, saying that he shouldn't have to alone, but Jinki wasn't going to have him laying on the pull out with him. So he softly tucked the younger man in and gently kissed his forehead before smiling and slipping out of the room.


The couch certainly wasn't his bed and he started to miss the spare bed they had had in what was now the nursery, but then the thought of his son made him smile and forget about the fact he was going to have back pain the morning. Yea. He really didn't mind it at all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
                                                                                       -------

 

 

 

 

 

 


Taemin was the one that woke him up that morning. The young boy had a huge smile on his face as he bounced on his feet. "Jinki Hyung!"


He groaned. He wasn't even sure if the sun was up yet, but the boy was all smiles and ready for the day. "What?" It was more of a slur, sleepiness seeping into his voice as he peeked an eye open again.


"Minho Hyung is still sleeping and I thought it would be nice to make him breakfast." Taemin explained softly. "Mind helping me? I mean if you think it's a good idea."


Jinki smiled then, warm and inviting, as he pushed off the couch and stretched. "That's a great idea. I'll bet he'll love it."


Taemin got to pick what they made, but he did ask what Minho usually ate. Lately it had just been fruit, but then the boy mentioned how the man mentioned he wanted American style breakfast last night as they got ready for bed. He didn't really know what that meant, but luckily Jinki did and they quickly began to make the batter for the pancakes. After showing him how Minho liked his eggs Taemin managed to make them on his own as Jinki finished flipping the pancakes.


Strawberries were cut into the small cubes the way Minho loved them and after placing them all on a tray Taemin carefully carried it back to where the other man was sleeping. Jinki smiled softly as the boy focused on not spilling a single thing, and gently pushed open the door for him. The entire day would be spent going from store to store buying paint after paint, and then coming home to do the actual painting. Hopefully before dinner because he knew just how cranky Minho got without dinner. 


Taemin carefully balanced the tray and moved to wake Minho, but Jinki just placed a hand on his shoulder and moved to do it himself. He walked around the bed and gently crawled over to the sprawled man. Minho's hair was everywhere but in the hair tie where it was supposed to be, and his mouth was slightly open. Jinki shook his head with a smile before gently tapping the man's cheek a couple times with his finger tips.


"Baby wake up."  Minho softly grumbled as his nose scrunched up rather cutely in Jinki's opinion. Another few soft taps on his cheek and gently whispered words. "Come on Minho. We made breakfast."


His eyes didn't open but he softly mumbled, "Food?" 


Jinki softly chuckled and gently kissed his cheek. "Yes Baby. Food."


Finally his eyes opened, and a soft sleepy smile adorned his face as he looked up at his boyfriend. Jinki carefully helped him sit up and motioned with his hand for Taemin to come closer. Once the tray was gently laid on his legs Minho looked between them both with wide eyes. "What.. am I forgetting a special day or something?"  


Another soft kiss on the cheek and a strawberry piece raised to his lips with a smile. "Nope. Taemin thought you deserved it, and he's right." 


Taemin beamed when the man looked at him. "Now hurry up! I gotta get going on spoiling him!"


Minho had to cover his mouth to stop the food he had eaten from falling  out with his snort. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                --------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Minho had been looking at colors for weeks. That would be the reason why he had  a ring full of tiny colors. He was looking through them in the back with Taemin as Jinki drove them to the paint store. The boy had looked through most of them the night before with the man, but that only narrowed down the choices to a little under a dozen. Minho had repeatedly asked him his input, but the nursery was all the younger man. Jinki was just putting his paycheck into the bank to pay for it all.


He glanced at the two in his rear view mirror and smiled softly. Minho had always been breathtaking in a very not trying way. Jinki used to wonder how he did it so effortlessly, and sometimes he found himself thinking that exact same thing.  Minho was soft lines and sweet warmth, and Jinki loved every moment with him.


Minho didn't even look up from the colors spread across his palm when he softly said, "You know instead of looking at me you could help me pick a wall color for our son's room."


Jinki let out a soft breath before smiling and looking at the road as the light changed. "I told you blue was fine."


"But there are like 17 shades of blue that count as a light blue Jinki! You are making my life difficult." Minho whined as he finally looked up. 


Jinki just smiled and looked to see if he could merge as he flicked on his turn signal. After parking and pushing the gear into place he turned with a wide smile, "But it's my job to do just that Baby boo."


Minho groaned and even glared when Jinki came around to help him out of the car, but when the man wrapped his arm around his waist he was leaning his head on his shoulder with a small smile. He could never be mad at him for long. 

 

 

 

 

        

                                                                                                                 --------

 

 

 

 

 


 Taemin ended up having the final say in the color. Minho couldn't choose and every time Jinki said a color was fine he would find a million reasons why the color wasn't just that. It was a pretty light baby blue color that would have tiny stars and moons on it after they got done painting them. Taemin promised to do them because both of them were totally inept when it came to being creative, or at least with pictures. Minho was very creative when it came to using words.


 Once they arrived home Jinki made Minho sit down and drink some water on the couch. He had noticed how the man's breath was a little quicker than normal, and the slight grimace when he had moved to sit in the car. They had been walking around forever and with his swollen ankles Jinki hated to think how uncomfortable Minho was. 


"I'm not made of glass you know." Minho mumbled as the glass of ice water was placed in his hand.


Jinki pressed his lips against his forehead and sighed softly. " Just let me protect you and our son Minho."


Minho gently took the straw into his mouth and softly drank. His eyes were soft as he looked up at Jinki and the older man seemed appreciative because there was another soft kiss on his cheek before he walked down the hall to help Taemin with the paint. 

 

    
 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                        --------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It took a couple hours but they managed to finish it before it got too late for dinner. Jinki went to go get take out somewhere while Minho watched fondly as Taemin finished the last couple stars on the wall. His feet ached and his back was hurting something fierce, but he didn't want to miss a thing. The living room was too far away and he wanted to see every of that brush that Taemin did.  


  Once finished they moved into the living room. Taemin went to get them both a drink while Minho quietly sorted through their movies. Once the boy returned he took over the decision and made the man sit on the couch. Minho grumbled but he took the offered glass and went to sit. He hated that people were babying him and being over protective, but he understood why so he couldn't hate it too much. 


When Jinki returned he laid the food before the two of them and smiled before going to see how the room looked. It was still kind of hard to believe that in a short 5 months they would be bringing home their son. Jinki knew that it was going to happen, but the thought that he would have a son phyiscally here in this room in less than a year really hadn't set in. Maybe it would sooner or later, but he knew one thing for certain. He loved his son that Minho was carrying and as he walked back into the living room the man was quietly placing the food onto plates, sneaking a bite or two as he went. Jinki just softly sat beside him, and after placing his hand flat against his stomach kissed his cheek; His lips staying pressed against the warm skin for a moment before parting.


"What was that for?" Minho asked quietly.


"Do I need a reason?" 

 

 

 

 


                                                                                                            --------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Jonghyun ended up coming over the next morning for the pure fact he was lonely. 


Taemin just sighed and grabbed the food from his father's hands before going back to the bedroom where Minho was still laying down, but not before saying, "You need to get a girlfriend Dad."


Jinki tried to hold in his laughter but it trickled past his fist. Jonghyun glared and punched his shoulder. "Yah! Not everyone get's to get a Minho."


Jinki returned the glare as he rubbed his shoulder. "Not my fault you tell every single person who asks you out no."


Before he could get hit again he was running back to where Minho and Taemin were probably stuffing their faces. He was making it into the room when he heard Jonghyun yell, "Don't eat everything! I want some." Minho and Taemin looked up to share a look with Jinki, and when they saw the smirk they nodded. Jinki quickly locked the door and chuckled as he heard Jonghyun whine. "Come on guys. I paid for that."


"Serves you right." Taemin commented, his words slightly muffled by the rice shoved into his cheeks. "For stealing Jinki hyung's lunch every day."


Another whine, but it only caused the 3 on the bed to laugh harder.

 


                      

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                    --------

 

 

 

 

 


Once Taemin left Jinki spent the remainder of the morning sitting at the kitchen table fixing Minho's pants. There was a stack of folded pants on the chair near him, and what wasn't folded was spread over the table in front of him. Needles, threads and the various amounts of stretchy fabric he bought at the store were placed before him as he pulled the needle in his hand through the fabric and moved to make another stitch.


Minho was sitting in the living room quietly reading a book. There was soft classical music playing, the younger man saying it was great for their son's development, and every so often he would look up to check on Jinki. Even when he wasn't looking he was smiling. The book before him was rather sad in theme, but not a thing he read could make his expression fell. The fact that Jinki was working on making his pants comfortable for him and the baby made him way too happy to be effected.


After a while he got tired of just glancing up to see if he was okay and figured it was about time that he went to keep him company. He went into the kitchen quietly and made the man a cup of tea before walking back in and gently setting it on the table before him. Jinki looked up slowly, eyes wide as he took in the side of his boyfriend. 


"Everything okay Baby?"


Minho smiled. His hand rose to gently caress his fingers against the man's cheek. His nose scrunched when he noticed the man hadn't shaved in a couple days and the stubble was rough against his fingers, but he still leaned in and pressed their lips together. "Everything's perfect."


Jinki's eyes reflected his smile as he looked away from the man to his tea. "Is that for me?"


"2 sugar cubes right?"


Jinki beamed as he set the needle through the roll of thread. "You know me so well!"


The other just chuckled, even though his feet were killing him.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                              --------

 

 

 

 

 

Jinki noticed how swollen Minho's ankles were, and how the man groaned with almost every step. It was then that night after they had gotten out of the shower that he gently pulled off the man's socks and pulled the foot into his lap. The younger man looked at him with wide eyes. "What are you doing?" 

 

"Massaging your feet and ankles." Jinki said softly. He looked up from his fingers and pointed toward the bedside table. "Mind handing me the lotion?"

 

"Jinki you don't have to-" The look he was given made him press his lips together and quickly hand him the bottle.

 

"Thank you." Then with a wave of a hand he motioned for the man to continue what he was doing. "Go read. We still need to discuss that book."

 

But Minho couldn't focus on his book, not when Jinki was focusing so hard on making his feet and ankles feel better. The deep scowl on his forehead, the wrinkles and how his nose scruched up as his hands moved over the skin. It made Minho feel all fuzzy inside. Not to mention the massage was to die for. He groaned loudly and when he opened his eyes Jinki was looking at him with wide happy eyes. Minho just grumbled as he closed his book. "Just keep doing that with your thumb." 

 

Jinki would do anything Minho told him to.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                          ---------

 

 

 

 

 


Most of the time they waited until it was late and would go for walks. Not many people would be out, and if they were they paid no attention to the couple walking toward the park. 


Minho was getting too tired to always have dinner ready when the older man came home, and Jinki didn't want the man thinking he had to push himself further than he already did. The man's health was way more important than having a hot meal on the table the moment he came home. Minho would get a phone call when the older man was getting off. He would pause in his grading and tell the man what exactly he felt like eating that night. It was always up to him.  Jinki would go get the food and when he came back there would be blankets spread on the living room floor and a stack of movies waiting to be played near the tv. And if they were completely honest they enjoyed those nights at home more than some nice resturaunt out in the city.


Then there were times where Jinki would go and grab the pile of papers that Minho still had to grade and do them for him. The younger man would lay his head on his thigh all curled up in blankets. Jinki would softly lay the papers on the floor next to him, and one by one grade it quietly. He would look over at Minho every so often and smile fondly before setting the paper he was currently grading down. His fingers would push through the other's long locks softly, and he would smile a little wider when he heard the soft hum. 


Once he was finished with the papers he would push them on the table a little ways behind them, and gently nudge Minho's shoulder. The younger man almost never woke up, and if he did it was just to go get an ice cream before rushing to bed. Most of the time though Jinki ended up carrying him back to bed. Minho would nuzzle his head into his shoulder and mumble incoherant things. Jinki made sure he was safe in his hold before moving, and then he would ever so softly lay him on the bed.


Minho once even mumbled something about fast dancing turtles, which left Jinki trying not to laugh so loudly in the middle of taking his shirt off, and then ending up falling on his face.


 Minho didn't even wake up then. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


                                                                                                                     ------

 

 

 

 

 

 


Most of the time Minho slept soundly without a problem. He would softly fall asleep as Jinki moved his fingers slowly over his ever growing stomach and wake up still in the man's hold. Minho used to have nightmares when they first got together, but they soon disappeared as memories with the older man over took the ones that were causing the nightmares in the first place.


So when Jinki felt the man moving against him and heard those soft whimpers he thought he was dreaming of it all. Then Minho turned in his hold and moved his leg over his hip. It was then that Jinki snapped his eyes open. This wasn't a dream, unless he had a vivid imagination to the point that he could dream of his almost 6 month pregnant boyfriend being hard. 


It wasn't as if their life had gone completely nonexistent, but it was no where near where it used to be before the baby. Slow kisses before bed, hot fingers working over chilled skin, but it never got passed the point where they would have huge problems to fix. He knew that Minho's drive was on overdrive as the pregnancy progressed, but he didn't expect to be woken up to an chest full of sweaty, hot and bothered Minho. The man seemed to be in pain  and with every whimper and harsh breath Jinki's heart ached. 


He gently pushed his fingers through his sweat matted hair and wiped his thumbs over his cheeks. "Baby, hey wake up." 


Minho just whimpered, and even after he gently shook his shoulder the man didn't wake up. After that Jinki thought that maybe it would pass, but then he heard the soft whimper of his name and his resolve broke. 


He pushed his hand under the waistband of the man's boxers, and bit his lips as his fingers wrapped around the hot member. Minho gasped against him, eyes fluttering as he gently began to move his hand. Jinki moved his thumb over the tip, collecting the pre and using it to move his hand faster. Minho's breathing quickened and the older man's eyes never left his face. 


As the man's eyes fluttered open a soft moan flew past his lips. Panic seized those big eyes of his as he looked up, but Jinki just smiled softly and pressed his lips to his forehead. "Shh Relax. I'm going to make you feel better Baby." 


He felt Minho sag against him, fingers twisting the fabric of his shirt. "It hurts Jinki."
     

The man frowned for a moment before tucking the man's head under his chin and moving his wrist a different way. Minho bit his lip harshly to prevent any sound from coming out of him, but Jinki's other hand was gently twisting strands of his hair around his fingers. "Come on Baby boy. It's been so long. Be loud for me. I want you to feel good." 


Minho's sounds were nothing like normal. They were broken and desperate. Both of them knew that there wasn't much he could do to help him, but Minho needed more. "Jinki.. I.." 


"Shh. I know what my Baby needs." A soft peck on the lips before he was moving the covers down and gently pushing Minho onto his back. "Just relax okay?"


"What are you- OH MY GOD!" Minho's fingers gripped the sheets beneath him as he was taken into the hot cavern of Jinki's mouth. 


                

 


                                                                                                         ------

 

 

 

 

 

Minho's breathing was slowly going back to normal as he curled up against his chest. Jinki's lips were red and swollen, but they felt hot and still the same plush against his forehead as he kissed it. "Feeling better Baby?" Minho hummed before hissing. "What's wrong? Are you hurt?" 


Minho's eyes were still squeezed shut as he shook his head. "He's kicking me." 


"What? Well are you- " Jinki's voice cut off suddenly as his eyes widened, "Wait, what did you say?"


Minho's eyes opened and slightly glared. "Your son is kicking me." But then the man must have realized what he said because his eyes widened as his jaw slanked. 


"Where?"  Minho numbly took the man's hand and placed it where their son's foot was colliding with his body. Jinki giggled happily as he felt the kick; a huge smile on his face as he looked up from where his hand was. " It seems we woke him up."


There was a silly, lopsided grin on the younger man's face as he placed his hand over his boyfriends. "He's really kicking me." A soft giggle and Jinki was even more over the moon.


"If I remember correctly most expecting mothers hate this."


"But.. it's like it's really real now." Minho said softly sometime after. His eyes were still gentle staring fondly at his stomach as the older man moved his hand over the taunt skin. "Like I feel that I'm having a baby. It's really happening, and it feels like I've fully accepted it.. like it just fully hit me."


Suddenly he looked up at his boyfriend and mouthed the words shocked. Jinki just smiled and pressed their lips together. "Yes Baby. We're having a son."

 


        

 

 

                                                                                                        -----