Don't Make Me Choose.

Nothing Out of the Ordinary

Just a little update :) 

  

 


A loud groan came from the direction of the door and Minho rolled his eyes. A moment later his best friend walked through the door carrying a medium sized box. The man laid it near the hallway before falling back onto the couch with another loud groan.


"Don't think you're out of it yet Old man." Jinki commented as he came out from the baby's room and out to where the two were. 


"You're older than me!"


"And I'm still going." Then he was gone out the door to continue the unloading of the car. Taemin was sitting down in the car watching the stuff while his father and Jinki unloaded everything and carried it up into the apartment.  


Minho nodded his head toward the door's direction. "You better go."


Jonghyun huffed, his lip curling up so the air blew the hair our of his face. He pushed off the couch and Minho heard him muttering as he walked back out the door. "You all are really lucky I love you." 


The man on the couch just smiled softly. His hand was absentmindedly running over his stomach as he read through the packet Dr. Kim had given them at their last visit. Both of them had glanced at it when it was given to them, but Minho wanted to know everything it said. He didn't even notice Jinki return with the last couple boxes. 

 
Once they were placed in the room he returned to carry the ones Jonghyun only took to the living room. Minho still hadn't noticed him, too engrossed in the packet he was reading, and Jinki chuckled softly before walking over and gently kissing his cheek. He jumped slightly, big eyes even wider as the dropped packet fell to the ground and a soft gasp left his lips. Minho's gaze turned to a glare as he softly smacked his boyfriend's arm.


"You scared me!" 


Jinki just smiled and pressed another kiss to his cheek before rushing away to prevent more bodily harm to himself. Jonghyun and Taemin returned a moment later with the couple of bags that were still left down in the car, and the door was gently kicked shut. The young man was a bouncing ball of energy as he held the stuffed cartoon star in his arms. "So are we gonna put it all together now?!


Jonghyun just laid on the floor and groaned at his son's enthusiasm. Jinki smiled but shook his head. "I think we got it from here Tae. Thank you though."


The boy's bottom lip jutted out as his shoulder sagged. "But I wanted to help!" 


Jonghyun was up, hugging Minho and dragging the boy out before another word could be said. "You're welcome for our amazing help. Bye!"


Before the door shut behind them they could hear the boy whining, "Dad!" 

 

 

  

 

 

                                                                                                                ----- 

 

 


"I don't think that goes there." 


"What is that? I don't think that goes there."


"Babe I don't think-"


"That goes there. Yeah I know." Jinki sighed as he set down the screwdriver he was using at that time to look up at his boyfriend. All he had been hearing since they had started to put together the numerous pieces of furniture they bought for the nursery was that he was basically doing everything wrong.


Minho pouted softly, "I was just trying to help."


"I know Baby. I know you are, but I have the instructions right here that says I'm doing this right." 


Minho looked away as he crossed his arms. The man then muttered, "Well if you'd only let me move off this couch and actually help." 


The man on the floor just blinked up at the man before setting the paper that was in his hand on the floor next to the screwdriver. He ran his fingers through his hair and over his face, "Is there something you want to talk about Minho?"  


"No." 


"You forget. I know you better than I know myself." Jinki brushed off the bag of screws on his lap and rose to his feet, but he didn't take his eyes off of the other man. "So tell me whats bothering you. What have I done wrong?"  


Minho shook his head. "I don't want to argue."


"So I did so something." Minho looked up to see the man's arms crossed but his eyes were soft. "Tell me."


"Tell you what? That I hate how you baby me all the time? How much I hate how you treat me like I'll break into pieces at any given moment? Do you want to know about how I want to help you with the nursery? I wanted to help you paint, and I want to be on the floor with you helping you put everything together. I want to be apart of this in a way more than just carrying him! I'm not going to break Jinki. I don't need to be sitting on the damn couch all the time."  


"You want to help? Is that what's bothering you?" Jinki's voice had a certain edge to it that Minho really didn't like. "You don't like how I'm babying you? Babying? Fine. Do what you want. Don't listen to me." 


"Jinki I just-"


Jinki just shook his head. "I'll stop okay. I'll stop telling you to take it easy. Do whatever you want okay Minho?" 


Then he was walking down the hallway and disappearing from Minho's view. 

 

 


                                                                                                         ------ 

 

 


Jinki didn't say a word the entire night. One reason being he was missing for most of it, hiding somewhere and Minho was no mood to go find him. 


Minho had taken a shower and gotten into bed. He grabbed his extra pillow that he almost never used anymore because he always had Jinki to hug, and held it tight against him as he stared at the door.  Sooner or later Jinki would have to come in for bed. The man never liked going to bed upset or angry, and Minho really hoped that the man's habits didn't fail him now.


Just like clockwork the door softly opened to reveal the older man. His eyes flicked over to the form in the bed, and the gaze was gentle and sad. He didn't say anything, and neither did Minho, as the man pulled off his shirt and worked off his pants before walking into the bathroom.


Minho sighed. He just wanted Jinki to stop treating him like he was being held together at the seams by a single thread. He wasn't going to fall apart if he helped him make dinner again, or actually did his work. He heard the shower being and the loud sigh that Jinki made. A small smile formed on the younger man's lips when he heard that. Jinki always made that sound the moment the hot water hit him; like the water took out all the stress that was in his muscles as soon as it touched him.

 
Minho just held onto his pillow and ran a finger over the pattern on their sheets as he waited. He wasn't going to go to bed in the middle of a fight... or whatever this was. He wasn't sure exactly. Was Jinki mad at him? Upset? Or was he just irratated? Minho didn't know, but he knew he would never be able to sleep without finding out.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                 ------

 

 

 

 

He didn't know when his eyes drifted close, or how long he was sleeping, but he opened his eyes when he felt the warm kiss against his cheek. Jinki was laying in front of him, a soft smile and look in his eyes as he parted from the skin. "Oh... I didn't mean to wake you."


"I didn't mean to fall asleep in the first place." He smacked his mouth and stretched a little before remembering why he was trying to stay awake in the first place. "Are you mad at me?"


Jinki just shook his head as he ran his hand along Minho's arm slowly and softly. "More upset than mad really, and more at myself than you."


"Jinki..."


"I'm sorry. For earlier. I shouldn't have run away." 


"Don't be." Minho slowly blinked up at him and chewed on his lip for a moment. "I kind of said what was bothering me in a very wrong way."


After a moment of silence Jinki asked. "Do you really think I'm babying you Minho?" 


"Yes." Minho answered softly. "I don't think you understand what it's like for me. You make me sit down and you do everything for me." 


"Minho.. I.. Do you not understand? Do you not see how worried I am? How scared?" Jinki in a breath; his hands coming up to grasp Minho's face. "I am so happy to have a child with you Minho. I've always wanted to have a family and starting one with you is all I could never ask for, but I'm scared. Really really scared. I love our son, but I'm afraid that I will lose you. Don't you see that? I'm not babying you. I'm protecting you. I'm making sure I don't destroy myself in worry for you more than I already am."


"You aren't going to lose me Jinki."


Jinki closed his eyes, his thumbs moving over Minho's cheeks. His voice was soft when he spoke again, almost a whisper, and the look in his eyes almost broke the younger man's heart. "You could die. Do you not get that?" 


Minho's gaze fell as he mumbled. "I try not to think about." 


"Baby I just.." Jinki in a shakey breath. Before Minho could say anything the man had his face pressed into his shoulder hugging him tightly. "I don't want to have to choose." 


Minho numbly rose his arms to hug the man back. Jinki wasn't one to crack, and here he was shuddering as he tried to stop himself from crying. "I didn't think.. I'm sorry Jinx. I never should of complained."


"Don't make me have to choose. Please Baby. I'm begging you. Don't make me have to choose." 


Jinki's broken sobbed words finally broke Minho's heart in two.

 

 

 


                                                                                                                  ------