The End`

Nothing Out of the Ordinary

 

Jinki managed to move over to a seat, laying his hand in the crook of his elbow as he leaned heavily on the chair. His head was pounding, blood rushing past his ears causing him to not be able to hear anything around him, and when the arms hooked under his armpits he didn’t even think to see who it was. He didn’t care really. He was gently lifted onto the seat, soft hands cupping his face bringing his attention up to them, and when his eyes flickered up he was met with Jonghyun’s strong caring gaze. It takes Jinki a minute to process the man’s words being spoken to him, but he gets it, “How’s Minho?”

 

Jinki’s about to answer when he heard hurried footsteps coming their way. He looked over Jonghyun’s shoulder to see Taemin, small young face full of worry, hair flying everywhere. He couldn’t tell Jonghyun that his best friend was probably dead as they speak when the boy who looked up to Minho like an older brother was standing right next to them. He couldn’t bring himself to say it, to crash all those dreams down with a simple sentence. Jonghyun’s palms softly moved across his cheeks, wiping the tears with his soft sweater. Jinki smiled up at him gently, before taking a deep breath and turning his attention back on Taemin, “How would you like to meet your Godson?“

 

~~~~~~

 

“Which one is he?” Taemin asked softly, standing on his tippy toes even if he didn’t need to in order to see in the window of the nursery.

 

After a moment Jinki pointed over to the left, to the baby blue blanket without a name on the front of his crib. “Top left.”

 

“The one without a name?”

 

Jinki gave him a small smile, even though its edges were curled with a certain sadness about them. “He was taken away… before I… before I could give him a name.”

 

Taemin frowned deeply as he scooted further to the left to get a better look. The door to their left swung open causing Jinki to look over to see a pretty little nurse standing there with a smile. “Are you Mr. Lee?” He quickly nodded his head. “Would you like to hold your son?”

 

“Ye-yeah.” Her smile was warm as she waved her hand for him to follow. He was told to stay on the right side of the room while she went to get the baby. Jinki watched as she cradled his head, wrapped him up in his blanket, and carefully held him. He looked so small, and as the nurse walked toward him his son didn’t seem to be getting much bigger.

 

“Standing up or sitting down Sir?”

 

Jinki was too busy looking at the tiny hand that was being waved around to answer her at first, but he smiled apologetically, “Um, standing is fine.”

 

He was scared out of his mind as the tiny little bundle was passed over to him. He made sure to support his head, moving his finger over to move the blanket away from his face. His tiny little hat was too big for his head, so it was hanging over his eyes a little. Jinki felt the hot tears silently falling down his cheeks as he looked down at his son. He was so beautiful. His tiny little fist was waving around, and with soft fingers Jinki stopped it, pulling it back down to his chest. The baby had long eyelashes, dark and soft just like Minho. He was small, but he looked perfect to Jinki.

 

He ran a finger over the baby’s chubby cheek, a small sound of relief pushing past his lips as the baby gurgled. He was healthy. Perfectly healthy. “You’re my little Kyungsoo aren’t you?” He whispered softly. “I’m sorry it took me so long sweetheart.” He pressed his lips softly to the baby’s forehead.

 

He glanced up at Taemin watching with wide eyes and he slowly walked over to the young man.  “What’s his name?” Taemin softly asked as he stared at the small babe.

 

“Kyungsoo. Minho always liked the name.” Jinki laughed softly when Taemin lifted his hand to touch the baby’s head only for it to fall back against his side. “You can touch him. He’s your godchild.”

 

“He’s so tiny,” Taemin whispered, as he ran two fingers down the dark hair of the baby. “He has Minho’s eyes. I feel like there are entire planets in them.”

 

Jonghyun snorted from behind him, “They’re not that big.”

 

“They’re close though Dad.” But then his eyes were lifting to look at Jinki, “Is Ming going to be okay?”

 

Jinki swallowed thickly, trying to find his voice, and only barely managed to. “I don’t know Taemin. I won’t lie to you. I was pushed out when he went unconscious and I haven’t heard a thing from them since.”

 

Jonghyun moved to wrap his arms around his son, but Taemin stayed where he was staring up at Jinki. His young eyes were sure as he said, “He’ll be okay. He wouldn’t leave you.”

 

Jinki wished he could be so sure.

 

-----

 

After Kyungsoo was fed and handed back over to the Nurse, Jinki followed Jonghyun and Taemin to the vending machine to get a snack before waiting for any news about Minho. When it got too late Jinki convinced Taemin to leave with his father because of how he had school the next morning, but the boy was stubborn and it took almost an hour to do so. Jinki sighed before finding a line of seats and curling up on them, using his coat as a pillow as he stared at the wooden doors leading to Minho.

 

Just when he was going to give up on news and try to fall asleep to get up early in the morning, they opened to reveal Minho’s doctor. He didn’t have his operating scrubs on anymore, and Jinki searched his expression for any indicators as to what type of news he was about to get. “Your partner is stable and awake. He lost a lot of blood, but he pushed through. You can see him now if you’d wish.”

 

Jinki didn’t completely believe him until he was stepping through the door and seeing Minho softly gaze out into the night sky through the windows along the far side of the room. When their eyes met Jinki felt like he could finally breathe, especially with the oh so quiet words of, “Hi Jinki,”

 

“Hi Ming.” Minho’s lips softly pulled up into a smile as his eyes fluttered close before slowly opening again. Jinki walked over to press a kiss to his forehead, tears silently falling from his cheeks.

 

“The babe-”

 

“He’s healthy and perfect. You did so great Baby.” Jinki smiled against his hair, “I’ve come to call him Kyungsoo, if that’s alright with you.”

 

“Mm,” Minho hummed, eyes closing as exhaustion worked to take over. His words were slightly slurred, “I like it.”

 

As his breathing slowed Jinki closed his eyes and pressed another kiss to his hair, “Rest, my love. You need it.”

-----

 

It was the two days after that Minho was discharged from the hospital. He was told to not make sudden movements and if he was light headed to eat something small like a cut up apple or an orange. As Jinki pulled up to pick them up his chest was warm watching Minho gently their babe’s tummy in the booster seat sitting on the man’s lap in the wheelchair. Kyungsoo was locked into the base of his car seat before Jinki helped Minho into the passenger seat with a soft nod and saying of thank you to the kind nurse.

 

Minho was determined to hold his hand the entire way home, and he pouted each time Jinki pulled it away when he had to have both hands on the wheel. It was always slipped back the moment he could drive with one.

 

----

 

A few months later~

 

Jinki slipped behind Minho, wrapping his arms around his middle and placing his chin on his shoulder to look at what the man was gazing at. Taemin had come over to play with Kyungsoo after school and it was often that Jinki caught Minho looking at the young man hold his son. “You know, Taemin is capable of holding him without you swooping over him like some hawk.” Jinki softly said against his neck.

 

“I can’t believe it’s been three months already,” Minho mumbled sadly, “Look how big he is. I feel like I’m going to miss something if I look away.”

 

With a chuckle, Jinki said, “You can’t witness everything Baby. Go relax, grade papers... Something. Taemin comes over to babysit for us so we can do other things.”


Minho grumbled, but Jinki knew that was his way of agreeing. Their life wasn’t normal by many people’s standards, but to their little family, nothing was out of the ordinary.

 

----------

A/N: Listen so I know it was forever since I updated this, and this isn't as long as some of the other chapters, but I just recently got into writing Onho again and finishing something longer so ^-^ I hope you enjoy it even if it's late and not what you probably expected >.<