Pooh Bear and a dark cloud

Nothing Out of the Ordinary

And the polls result have said that they will be having a...

BOY! 

 

 

Minho had always loved sweaters and other things that didn't cling to his skin, so when Jinki came home with a huge soft white sweater he was thrilled. It was carefully folded and placed with a box that was then wrapped with pretty blue wrapping paper and a white bow was placed on the top of it. The older man had set it on the end of the bed when he came home, and sat down on the bed near it as he waited for the other man to come out of the bathroom. Minho had found he loved to take bathes right after he got home from work, but only did it every so often because he liked bathing with Jinki more and he needed to wait for that.


When Minho had come out, boxer shorts and big shirt pulled on him with a towel hanging over his head, he had been estatic to see the older man sitting there. Jinki smiled, and when the younger man rushed into his arms he was surprised, but he still wrapped his arms around him and kissed his temple. 


It was then that the man noticed the present. Minho loved getting gifts, but hated asking for them. It's what made the Christmas season so hard for his boyfriend. Minho gently poked the box with his socked foot. "What's that?"


"A present."


"For?"


"Just open it." 


Minho looked sideways at him before pulling the box into his lap. His thin, bony fingers tapped softly against the neatly wrapped shiny paper for a moment as he debated whether to open it or not then. Curiosity got the better of him as it always did as he carefully turned it on it's side and slowly worked the wrapping off. Jinki rolled his eyes as he looked at the man gently unwrap the gift. He knew the man hated it when people rushed to open gifts and how they ruined perfectly good wrapping paper in their haste; therefore, Minho always took his time and made sure there wasn't one rip in the paper when he was done. He placed the bow on Jinki's forehead with a goofy smile and a kiss to the cheek before turning back to the gift before him.


"You know you didn't have to get me anything, if that's what this is. A gift for me." He said softly as he ran his fingers over the white cardboard box.


"I know. I never do, but like always I wanted to. Open it." Jinki urged with a smile. The older man's hand was warm against his back, and the thin fabric of his t shirt did nothing to stop the heat. Minho worked open the tape and slowly opened it. His eyes widened as he ran his fingers slowly over the soft creme colored sweater. He pulled it out of the box and held it out. His eyes were soft as he laid it on his lap and looked at it. Jinki leaned against him, putting his chin on Minho's shoulder as he softly explained. "I know you love sweaters, but all the others are kind of getting a little too tight. This one won't for a while. It's made out of a thicker fabric, so even when the bump gets really noticeable people will just think it's loose on your frame. And it's still cold outside, so no one will think much of it." 


"Thank you." Minho said with a soft smile as he leaned in to the kiss he knew was coming to be pressed on his cheek.


"I got you something else," Jinki said quietly, "Or kind of."


Minho finished folding the sweater back into the box and looked up at him, "What does kind of mean?" Jinki looked nervous, and it was then that Minho noticed the fact as he looked at the man. He pushed the box further away from him and toward the end of the bed, and completely turned toward his boyfriend. "You didn't get me a new toy or something did you?"


Jinki's eyes widened at the same time his face reddened. "Oh God no! Why in the world would-"


The laughter coming from the man was soft and carefree as he smiled over at the frazzled man. "Babe I'm kidding. What other present did you get me?"


Jinki bit his lip for a moment before reaching into the inner pocket of his jacket. He pulled out something wrapped in a grey plastic bag, and it took the man a moment to untie the knot and work the object out. After he was done and the bag was disposed of he gently laid the object into the other's lap. Minho's eyes fell it, and was shocked at what he found. He looked up with even wider eyes for an explanation as his hands moved almost shocked toward the soft object. As the older man began to talk Minho's thin fingers began to move against the soft brown fur of the stuffed animal. " I remember when I first saw you at that gala, and the first thing that flashed into my mind was you looked like a baby deer caught in the headlights. You still remind me sometimes of a baby deer, with the way your eyes are soft and warm and very big, but the kind of was because it is for you, but also for our baby. I saw it and had to get it. I thought it was very fitting for our child don't you think?" 


"Oh Jinki." Minho's words were quiet and almost breathless and Jinki didn't know how to take them, but then he heard the shuddered intake of breath and the tell tale signs of tears and sniffles coming from the man and his heart ached. He hadn't meant to make Minho cry, never ever did.


He rushed to wrap his arms around him, cradle his head against him and whisper in his ear. "Oh Baby please don't cry. I don't know what I did, but I didn't mean to do it."


Then there was a breathy chuckle and a gentle swat of a hand against his chest. He looked down at Minho with concerned confused eyes. The man looked up at him, tears on his cheeks but a soft smile on his face. "You idiot. I'm not crying because I'm upset. I'm crying because I'm emotional. It's perfect."


And then Minho was gently kissing him, wet tears pressed onto his face as the other pressed their lips together. He was getting used to the mood swings, and the constant presence of hormones he had never been around before, but most of the time they still threw him for a loop and left him dizzy and confused about what exactly was happening.


"So you like it?" Minho nodded, smiling with a dazed expression as he ran his hand over the small stuffed baby doe's ears. "Do you think he'll like it?"


Minho rose to his knees and waddled over to where their pillows were. He softly placed the stuffed animal between the two fluffy mounds and smiled back at him. His hand was laid protectively on his already bulging stomach, but it wasn't on purpose. Jinki found Minho doing that a lot these days, but he didn't mind. He found it made his heart feel fuzzy and warm, and he couldn't say he hated the feeling every time he'd look and catch his boyfriend running his hand over his stomach. "It's the first thing his Daddy has bought him. Our son will love it Jinki."

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                        --------

 

 

 

 

"Up you go." Jinki said cheerfully as he gently tugged on the man's wrist.


Minho slightly glared at him. He had tons of work to do- from the poems written in class that day to the tests he had yet to grade- and he didn't have time for whatever the other man wanted him to do. "No. Stay here I go."


Jinki crossed his arms over his chest and pouted. "Come on a walk with me. We can go down to the fair. I'll win you whatever stuffed animal you want. Come on. Please? Dr. Kim said walking is good for you."


Minho's eyes softened, "But... but Jinki I have all this work to do!" 


"I'll help you. Just come with me. I'll get you a funnel cake, and even ride that silly love boat ride you always want to."


Minho chewed on his bottom lip and looked up at him, "With strawberry topping?"


A wide smile spread across the older man's face. "Extra."


He nodded and slowly pushed up from the seat. "Okay."


Jinki softly kissed his cheek and made sure he sat still in the seat. "Don't move. I'll go get your scarf and coat for you." 


Which he did, rushing back into the room to wrap it around his boyfriend's neck snuggly and making sure his coat buttons were pushed through the right holes. He pulled the soft fabric of Minho's favorite scarf up over the man's nose and smiled, before slipping his own coat on and taking the other's hand in his. 


Minho remembered all of the late night walks they used to go to, back when Jinki wasn't the head of his department at the company and was working so much more harder to get where he is now. He would come home so late that Minho would have to eat a snack by himself, enough to hold him over, until the man came home and they would go walking down the street looking for some food shop that was open still so late in the night. He had learned to look forward to them because Jinki would hold his hand tightly and allow him to lean his head on his shoulder despite the height difference.


Now though Jinki was watching the sidewalk before them with his arm snug around his waist, holding him close. It was a somewhat lengthy walk to the where the fair was being held, but Minho really didn't mind. He needed to get out of the house, and Jinki knew it even when he didn't like normal. 


When he sneezed Jinki was looking over at him with wide eyes. He noticed how red the man's cheeks and nose were, and it was then he also noticed how Minho was rubbing his hands together to keep warm. "Are you cold? I don't want you getting sick."


"I'm fine. Really." But then he was sneezing once again, and Jinki frowned. He pulled off his hat and pulled it onto Minho's head, before making sure the scarf was nice and fluffy around his face. 


"There. Don't want my Minnie to be cold."


"Jinki!" Minho whined, and it was even cuter to the older man because of how muffled it was. Not to mention how red the tip of his nose was.

 

 

 

                                                                                                              -------

 

 

 


With all the people and food being cooked the fair was a little more warmer than walking to it. Jinki had Minho's hand firmly in his own; both swinging softly between them as the younger quietly munched on his corndog. They were walking toward the game booths when he heard the younger man squeal. "Jinki look! It's Pooh!" 


Jinki followed the man's finger, "It's also bigger than me."


"But..." Minho began, but he fell silent for a moment. "Okay. Let's go. I need more sauce."


"Oh no you don't." Jinki tugged on his arm and was walking toward the booth with a confused Minho in tow. He let go of his boyfriend's hand when he reached the booth and pulled out enough money for two games. "What do you have to do to get Pooh?"


The man behind the small wooden barrier of the booth laughed. "No one ever wins that no matter how hard they try." 


Jinki just stared at him. "What must I do."


The man sighed. "You have to get all balls through the very center hole. Not one can miss." 


Jinki placed the amount on the wood before him, and waited for the man to get him the set of rubber balls. Once set before him he picked one up and rolled it across his finger tips. He used to play baseball back in high school, third base and pitcher, so this shouldn't be too hard to win. The booth worker stepped aside and motioned for him to go on with his try. He took a deep breath, closed his eyes for a moment before focusing on his target before taking a step back and throwing the ball. 


It went through without even touching the sides of the cut out circle. Balls two and three followed suit. But it was the second to last one that nicked the side of the hole causing the ball to ricochet off and roll onto the frozen ground. The man in the booth stifled a chuckle and Jinki wanted to throw the last ball at his face. "Aww too bad. Those first 3 were perfect. I almost thought you'd be the first to get it."


The next amount of money was set on the wood; the last ball being tossed between his hands. "Another." 


He felt someone wrap their hands around his arm, and he turned to see Minho's wide eyes. "Jinki we should go."


But the man was shaking his head. "Do you want it?" Minho fumbled over his words but managed to nod his head. "Then you are going to get it." 


Minho frowned slightly. Yes he wanted the bear, if they ever started the nursery he wanted to put it in there, but he didn't want Jinki to spend too much to try and win it.  Luckily for him it only took one more try to win it, and when the booth worker reluctantly handed the bear over Minho giggled softly when Jinki stuck his tongue out. 


Jinki hooked his arm around the bears middle and clasped Minho's hand with his other. They found a park bench that was fairly dry and near the funnel cake friers so it was warmer than most. The bear was set next to Minho as the older man kissed his cheek and went to buy the funnel cake he knew his boyfriend wanted. 


The strawberry topping was spilling over the edges when he returned to hand it over. Minho went eep before taking the offered fork and digging in. Jinki just chuckled softly as he sat beside him and wrapped his arm around his shoulders.


Minho took a moment from his consumption of the carnival food and turned to look at him. His tongue darted out to the strawberry sweet juice that was dripped off his bottom lip as he said. "You didn't have to play you know." 


Jinki just shook his head softly and reached over to wipe the red sugary substance that the man missed on the corner of his lips. "Whatever my Baby wants he'll get."


"You make me sound like a gold-digger." Minho commented with a laugh. 


"I'm not rich enough to attract a gold-digger Minho." 


Minho casted a look over at him before staring at the paper plate in his hands. "You might be if you didn't have me."


Jinki looked at him with knowing eyes before leaning over and gently kissing his cheek. "What's the point in having a lot of money if you have no one to share it with? Hmm Beautiful?"


"I guess." It was muffled and barely understandable, but the man was adorable to Jinki. Another kiss to the cheek, one a lot more wet and sloppy causing a whine to rip from the younger man's throat. "Jinki!"


The fork that was laying on the plate was picked up and a bite of funnel cake was ripped off. Minho thought that maybe Jinki wanted some, but then the fork was being held up to his lips. "Go on. Eat." 


Minho slowly closed his mouth over the plastic fork, before looking away as he chewed with a slight tint of pink on his cheeks from the way Jinki was looking at him. He pushed the plate toward the man. "Here take some."


But Jinki just shook his head. His fingers moved to force the man to look at him, and then his far more plush lips were pressed against his boyfriend's. "I'm already going to have a sugar rush because of you Gumdrop."


"You're horribly cheesy."


"And you love it." 


Minho kissed him once more after that, and blushed fiercely when Jinki smirked after they had kissed. The older man slowly the powder from his lip, and he had to admit he loved it when the other man looked away flustered.

 

 

 

 

 

              
                                                                                                           ------- 

 

 

 

 

 

 


When they got home Jinki gently placed the giant bear in the corner of the room that would be the nursery. The room had been cleared out, the wallpaper taken off the walls, and the wooden floors changed to soft white carpet. 


He closed the door behind him before slowly walking toward their bedroom. Minho was struggling to pull off the shirt he was wearing, and Jinki just smiled softly before walking over to help him. The man pouted, "I'm not a child you know."


"I know." 


The bath was already running, and Jinki was pulling off his own shirt and working open the button of his jeans when he felt warm arms snake around his middle. Minho's breath was equally as warm on his neck. "Thanks for today."


"I love you." 


Minho smiled and kissed his bare shoulder before walking around him and slipping into the hot water. "Are you going to join me lover?"


"Well now that you put it like that." Jinki said, throwing his hands up for effect. Minho giggled softly as he slipped in behind him. 


Jinki rested his hands flat against his protruding stomach; his thumb softly moving against the taunt skin after the man leaned into the hold. Minho sighed, his body relaxing against him as his head found it's usual spot under Jinki's chin. "You know we haven't started talking about names."


"Have something in mind?"


"Jongin? Or maybe Kibum."


"Kyungsoo?" Jinki supplied questioningly.


Minho just groaned. "This is so hard. How are we supposed to chose a name? I mean what if we pick one and we think it's cute and amazing and then he's born and goes to school and he gets picked on because of it? Like what type of parents would we be if we set him up for that type of school life Jinki?" 


Jinki hummed. He cupped some water with his hand and gently poured it over Minho's chest. He watched the water trickle down to his stomach and disappear as he whispered. "I think you are worrying way too much and it's not good for either of you. Whatever name we pick will be perfect."


"You don't know that." Minho grumbled.


"Well I do know that whatever name we pick really won't matter because any child of ours is going to be too cute to tease."


Minho gently smacked the man's thick thigh, but it wasn't meant to hurt. "I just hope everything goes as planned."


Jinki gently kissed his shoulder, the ends of the man's hair curling at the ends tickled his cheek as he pulled away.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                 ------

 

 

 

 

 

"I think we should tell Jonghyun and Taemin." 


Minho hummed softly in recognition, turning away from the soup he was stirring in the pot and giving his full attention to the older man who had just gotten home. "Huh? Tell them what?"


"About the baby Minho." Jinki said quietly. "It's just... you're getting bigger, and the farther along you get the more risk you and the baby are in. I worry sick all the time at work for both of you when you go to teach. I would like having someone there to look out for you, even if it's a 13 year old." 

 

Minho's eyes softened as it sunk in. "You're right."


"Am I?"


"Yea." He turned down the temperature on the stove before walking over to sit in a stool. "I mean they would find out sooner or later. You know when I go in for surgery and come out with a baby. That or how they just show up whenever they really feel like it. You're right. I won't be able to hide this much longer, and they should know."

 

"Good." Jinki walked over and gently kissed his cheek. "Because they are coming over in an hour."


"What?!" Minho shrieked, but Jinki was already out of the room and running toward the bathroom. "You little... UGH."


Maybe he shouldn't have laughed.

 

 


                                                                                                        -------

 

 

 


"Excuse me?" Jonghyun forced out. "I hate to break it to you but April fools is still a couple weeks away." 


"It's not a prank Jongie." Minho said softly from his place behind Jinki. "I'm... we.. are going to have a baby."


The man sitting on the couch burst into a fit of laughter, clutching his stomach as he fell back against the couch cushion. Taemin was sitting on the other end, eyes wide as he looked up at the two men standing. "Really? Is that why you collapsed?"


Minho shook his head. "Not entirely."


Jinki picked up on the explanation. "He wasn't eating because he found out he was.... he wasn't all for the pregnancy when we found it. We were all in a bit of shock."


"And.. is Minho Hyung going to be okay?" Taemin asked softly; bottom lip pulled between teeth covered in braces. 


Minho gave a soft smile. " So far, and my doctor doesn't espect much difficulty."


"We're telling you this because I need someone to look after Minho for me when I can't. He's still high risk, and if I had someone at the school looking out for him it would probably save me from having a heart attack to be completely honest."


Jonghyun still hadn't stopped laughing and didn't until Taemin grabbed a pillow, Minho's because his back had started to hurt lately, and hit him over the head. "Dad please! Stop!" 


The tone in the boys voice surprised all of them. "Taemin.. don't yell at me."


"This isn't a joke Dad. Can't you see the way they are looking at us? You call yourself his best friend yet you won't stop laughing." Taemin groaned and shook his head. " I knew something was wrong. I knew, and you won't take this seriously."


"Kim Taemin..." Jonghyun warned. 


"No." Taemin stood up and walked over to the two standing. He smiled at Jinki and walked to wrap his arms around Minho. The man was surprised to say the least. He turned to the older of the two and had a soft smile on his face. "I'll look after him Jinki Hyung. I won't let anything happen to either of them." 


Minho and Jinki shared a look, one the older man understood. "Hey Taemin do you want to see the baby book we have? It has the ultrasound pictures in it. You know what those are right?"


Taemin beamed. "I get to see him? It is a him right?"


"It is." Jinki wrapped his arm around him, "Come on. It's in our room." 


After one last look at his boyfriend they disappeared down the hall. Minho looked over at Jonghyun, who was still wide eyed and not believing any of this. He went and softly sat next to his best friend. Close enough to comfort him if need be, but far enough away to give the man a little space.


"Taemin's never yelled at me." He heard Jonghyun whisper. 


"I find that hard to believe."


But Jonghyun shook his head. "It's true. Not even when I told him he couldn't go to the sleepover he really wanted to. He wasn't mad at me. Didn't yell. Just said okay dad and went to do school work."


"I.. I'm sorry? I kind of caused this."


After a moment Jonghyun glanced over at him. "So.. it's true? You're going to have a baby?" Minho thought about replying with words, but decided to lean back and lift up his sweater just to reveal his undershirt. The baby bump was obvious then, and he watched his best friend's eyes widen and a soft gasp was flown out past his lips. Minho frowned and went to cover it, but then Jonghyun was reaching over and saying, "No!"


His sudden shout made him jump. "What?"


"I.. Can I touch it... Him? It's a boy right?" Minho nodded and lifted the fabric back up. Jonghyun's eyes were still wide open, but then it was because he was awed and not shocked. "I.. never thought you'd have kids. You're great with them and you'd make a great father, but I never saw you having them."


"Really?"


"Yea. I mean I know you've always wanted them, but I just didn't see it happening. I don't know why." Jonghyun shrugged, and it was then that he finally looked up at him. "You'll be okay right? It's not an everyday thing that a man has a baby."


"I.. I'll be fine."


"Minho."


The younger man sighed, sitting up after pulling his sweater down and turning a little bit away from him. "To be honest I don't know. I'm only 4 and a half months. The baby isn't that big, but as I get bigger... we were warned that the pregnancy could press dangerously against my other organs. So No Jonghyun. I can't say for sure if I will be alright at the end of this." 


"Minho..." His tone was soft and worried.


Minho forced a smile. "I know what you are going to say, and I know I don't need to tell you my answer." And then he was standing up and walking to where he knew his boyfriend and godson was. "Maybe you should go talk to your son."


And then Jonghyun was left watching his best friend walk down the hall as a dark cloud settled over his heart. He did know the answer, and it pained him to even think about it.

 

 


                                                                                                  ------

 

Oh and if you have any suggestions on the name of the baby I will be forever gratful.