End of the 1st Trimester

Nothing Out of the Ordinary


Jinki flipped over one of the papers before him on the bed and took a drink of his tea. For the last couple days both of them had spent their nights sitting in their bed looking at the papers Dr. Kim gave them, and looking things up on the internet. Minho had taken yesterday off to make sure that the small concussion he received from his collision with the desk wasn't bad, and spent the day baking; why? Because he suddenly felt like having baked goods in his kitchen. Jinki had come home to find the man covered in flour, chocolate frosting on his cheek and upper lip, and a huge smile spread across his face as he offered a cupcake to him.


But now Minho had taken a break from researching and decided to take a shower. The bathroom door was open, and a gentle constant roll of steam was coming from the room. He could hear the younger man's soft singing, and a smile was on his lips. It was good to hear Minho again, to feel how happy he was like he always was before he found out about the baby. When he was quiet the whole house was, and it just didn't feel right at all.


"Jinki!" 


The call was soft and almost drowned out by the rush of water, but he heard it. He laid his cup on the table next to him and untangled his limbs from the blanket before walking into the room. "Yes Minho?"


The man's head popped out from behind the curtain; hair pushed back out of his face and water dripping from his chin as an embarrassed small smile formed on his lips. "I forgot my towel."


"Again? You remembered socks but not a towel?" His tone was one of annoyance, but Minho knew it was for effect because of that huge smile on the man's face. "I'll be right back." 


Jinki shook his head softly. Minho never even put on his socks until he came to sit on the bed. He wasn't surprised when the water didn't turn off. Minho always kept the water on until he returned because he hated shivering. He laid the towel on the sink and the younger man softly called a thank you as he turned off the water.


Minho came padding out maybe 5 minutes later; huge shirt pulled over his head, unnecessary pajama pants with little ducks on them on his thin legs.  Jinki didn't even look up from the paper he was reading as he lifted the covers and felt the man slip under them. A brush was laid in his lap, and with a smile on his face Jinki pushed up onto his knees and moved behind Minho.


He gently squeezed the excess water from his hair into the towel that was still around his shoulders. After he was done he reached for the brush and softly began to push the knots out of the long hair. "If I haven't said it lately, I do love your hair." 


"You just like it because it's something to hold onto." 


Jinki stopped the brush mid-movement and leaned to touch his lips to the shell of the man's ear. "Pretty sure that's why you pouted for a good 3 days when I cut mine."


The other man just grumbled, "But it was so... fluffy."


"Maybe I'll grow it out again just for you." Jinki commented offhandedly as he gathered the damp hair into his hand and pulled it through the hair tie.


"Really?!"


"Stop moving your head!"


Minho stilled and muttered, "Sorry." As he stared at his hands in his lap.


Once finished Jinki gently kissed his cheek. "Yes, Beautiful."


The towel was gently tossed toward the bathroom to be picked up in the morning when Jinki took a shower, and the man returned to his side of the bed; wiggling his way under the covers and fluffing his pillow enough behind him. Minho in turn wiggled under his arm and leaned against him; Jinki gently kissing his hair as he flipped the paper over for them to read. 


"I've decided tonight isn't a sock night." Minho said softly.


"Just means I'm going to feel your toes wiggling all night." 


Minho giggled as he rubbed his toes against the top of the man's foot before reaching for an escaping paper and holding it close to his face. His glasses were god knows where at that moment and there was no point in putting in his contacts. Besides even if he admitted to himself that his glasses were just across the room in their sock drawer he was way too warm and comfy next to Jinki to even think about leaving to get them.  


"Have you decided if you want to be put to sleep or just medicated for the birth?" Jinki asked softly, his fingers gently grazing the man's hip.


"I don't know." Minho mumbled; sleepiness from the shower and the long day finally hitting him. "Like I don't want to feel pain because eww, but I want to be awake and coherent enough to know what's happening when the baby is actually born you know?"


"Well you have almost 30 weeks to decide, and it's all up to you."


"I'm tired." Minho nuzzled his cheek into his boyfriend's chest, the paper in his hand falling to the bed. 


Jinki just smiled and picked the papers up. After laying them on the table he turned and allowed Minho to scoot down further in the bed. After settling himself and switching off the light the younger man almost whined. After wrapping his arms around him and pulling him in close he kissed his forehead. "Shh. Just go to bed Beautiful."


"I ain't beautiful." Jinki just closed his eyes and smiled before pressing his  lips softly against the man's forehead; leaving them there for a moment. "I don't wanna go back to work."


"Just one more day and then the weekend. You can make it."


"How are we going to hide it when I start to show?" His voice was getting softer and softer the more he spoke.


"We'll think of something, but right now don't think about it and just sleep. I love you."


Minho just hummed, and when Jinki looked down the man's eyes were closed. The moonlight from the open curtains made the man's tan skin even more beautiful. Another kiss, this time on the nose, and Jinki closed his eyes too.


"Goodnight."


Minho's even breathing was enough of an answer for him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                     -------

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Are you better now Mr. Choi?" Taemin asked the moment he walked into the room to see his teacher writing something on the board.


Minho turned and smiled, "Yeah. I'm feeling a lot better now. Thank you for calling Jinki for me."  


The young man rubbed the back of his neck after placing his book bag on his seat. "Your welcome.. I mean I just thought if I had someone like that and I got hurt I'd want them to know too." 


"Still. Jinki wanted me to ask you if you'd want to come over for dinner again with your dad. Apparently your father keeps stealing Jinki's lunch."


"He kind of is a pig to be completely honest."


"Taemin!"


"What?! You know it's true." Minho just shook his head and went back to finish the instructions on the board, but a moment later he felt thin arms wrapping around his waist and a face pressed into his back. 


"Taemin what are you doing?"


"I was so scared. I thought you just..... It's just... You're like my favorite teacher and really dear friend to my dad and I didn't like seeing you like that." 


Minho's heart warmed. He had known Jonghyun since they were kids, and when the man got his first really serious girlfriend pregnant when he was in high school he had been there for him. Helping him babysit, or just being there to talk when things got stressful. He was there when Taemin's mom left Jonghyun shortly after the boy was born, and he was there throughout the boys childhood. Taemin considered him an older brother he never had, and Minho never really thought about how him collapsing effected the 13 year old. He was always surrounded by students years older then him, and one of the few people he knew would always be there for him suddenly collapsed in front of him. 


Minho took a deep breath and laid his arm over the boys. "Don't worry Taemin. I'm not going anywhere."

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                 --------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Jinki was in the middle of turning the rice down when he heard the squeal come from the younger man.  He rose an eyebrow at the almost girlish noise, but didn't go to investigate it. He had been with Minho for almost 7 years now, lived with him for almost 6, and had heard his fair share of the man's squeals. From being overly delited to being embaressed. He just shook his head and continued to make sure all the food would be ready by the time Jonghyun and Taemin arrived for dinner. Then he heard happy giggling, and finally went to investigate where the man was and what exactly he was doing.


He walked in to see his boyfriend standing in front of their open closet, every so often tossing a shirt behind him. Jinki coughed softly and asked, "May I ask why it sounds and looks like we have a weasel tornado in here?"


Minho whipped around, a light blue sweater of the older man's gripped in his fingers. There was a pout on the man's lips as he tried to pick the right words. "Well... I was looking for something to wear, but the shirt I was going to kind of showed the bump so I-"


"What bump?" Jinki said suddenly, effectively interrupting his explanation. "Are you showing?"


"Uh yea. That was the first squeal. Anyway and then I wanted-"


"Well let me see." Jinki rushed out as he surged forward. Minho's eyes widen as the sweater was moved away and the older man was turning him a little to the side to better see it. He was about to say something, ask what the hell the man was doing but then he heard Jinki's soft giggling and felt the man looking up at him. There was this warm glee in that gaze of his, and it warmed Minho's heart. Jinki's warm hand was flat against the small bump, and wide loving smile adorned his face. "You're actually showing."


"Yeah... It's why I'm trying to find something to wear." Jinki was still smiling widely as he grabbed the sweater softly and gently pulled it over his boyfriends head. He fixed it straight on his frame and kissed his nose.


"Come on Beautiful. They'll be here soon." 


Jinki had to admit Minho was even more breath taking with the rose tint to his cheeks.


And to Minho the smile that was on Jinki's face the entire evening was worth more than anything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                       -----------

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the door bell rang Jinki was in the middle of grilling the meat. Minho hopped off the stool he was sitting at, he always enjoyed watching the other man cook, and went to open the door. Jonghyun and Taemin were standing there; a bowl nestled safely in the young boy's arms. Minho smiled and opened the door further to allow them to pass, and wrapped an arm around Taemin's shoulders as they followed Jonghyun into the kitchen. The bowl was placed on the counter and a smile was given to the boy from Jinki as he turned slightly to place the meat on the plate that was on the adjacent counter.

 

After the meat was done and placed on the counter Jinki went to get the plates from the cabinet. He handed them to Jonghyun, "Why don't you go make yourself useful?"


The man scoffed. "I am useful!"


Minho walked up to him, taking some of the plates and grabbing the chopsticks before gently smacking the back of his head. "Yeah. In stealing Jinki's lunch."


Jonghyun gave a small smile as he followed his best friend into the dining room, which left Taemin standing in the middle of the kitchen with Jinki. The man smiled over at the boy, "Have you ever grilled meat before Taemin?" 


"No Mr. Lee. Daddy really never lets me near dangerous things."


Jinki shook his head. "I've told you that you can call me Jinki Hyung. Now come over here and help me. What your bafoon of a father doesn't know won't kill him. Unfortunately."


"I heard that!" Came the distant comment.


Taemin giggled as he walked under Jinki's arm. He was handed a pair of tongs, and asked to watch. "You just make sure that you place it down flat on the grill and gently press on it with the back of the tongs."


"Like this?"


Jinki smiled warmly. "Yeah. Exactly like that."


Minho quietly watched from the archway between the kitchen and dining room, gently leaning against the wall with a soft smile on his face. When he had met Jinki 7 years ago it had been because he was dragged by Jonghyun down to the gala for the company the two men worked for. He hadn't thought that when he met the handsome man with the killer smile that it would lead to the life he had now. Maybe a couple dates and an one time thing, but not almost 7 years and finding who he knew was the one. Minho knew that Jinki was amazing with kids, he knew it the moment he met Taemin after they dated for some 5 weeks. Taemin was the make or break in most of his relationships because the boy meant everything to him, and if his significant other couldn't accept that and care for him to they had no right to be in his life at all.


The conversation between the two was quiet, too quiet for him to hear, so he just quietly went to the fridge and got the pitcher of lemonade they had made earlier and slipped out of the room before he was noticed.


"What are they doing in there? Is Jinki corrupting my son?" Jonghyun asked as he looked up from the napkin he had failed to refold. 

 
Minho  just looked at him and placed the pitcher on the table. "If anything Jinki is saving Taemin from your endless corruption."


Jonghyun gripped his chest, and his face contorted in pain. "That hurts. Really really hurts right here Minho." 


"Oh boo hoo." 


After taking a seat and asking for a cup of lemonade Jonghyun looked over at him as he was pouring the drink and asked, "How are you feeling? Taemin came home Wednesday freaking out that you had collapsed."


With a huge smile Minho nodded and pushed over the glass. "I am perfectly fine. I just wasn't eating enough." 


Jonghyun looked like he was trying to detect the truthfulness of the statement when the other two walked into the room. Jinki's arm was thrown over Taemin's shoulders as the boy carried the rest of the meat out to the table. The eldest rose his eyebrow as the boy moved to place it on the table. "I don't even want to know."


"That's always the best choice when it come to them Jinki Hyung." 


Jonghyun whined. "Oh look. Now he even has my son against me. First my best friend now my son. What's next?!"


"You always will have my lunches." Jinki supplied with a shrug, and Jonghyun just glared.  


Minho walked and gently hugged Jinki from the back, sticking his tongue out over at Jonghyun, before grabbing the rice and asking, "So who wants rice?" 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                       ------- 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 Minho was slowly falling asleep when he felt the warm soft touches on his stomach. He yawned and smacked his lips together. He faintly heard the concert DVD on the tv, but the soft breaths of the man beside him were the loudest. He peeked an eye open and looked at Jinki to find him softly smiling. "What are you doing?" He asked groggily, his voice still layered with almost sleep.


If Jinki could jump in his laid down position that's what he did as he looked at him with wide eyes. A soft pink tint rose to his cheeks as he sheeply smiled. "I thought you were asleep."


"Almost." Minho noticed how the man's hand hadn't left his stomach.


"I uh... I'm sorry." Jinki finally pulled his hand away and chewed his lip. "It's just- It's amazing okay, and I just wanted to touch him. I'm sorry."


Minho smiled warmly and reached for the man's hand slowly. He was still hazy from almost falling asleep but when his fingers wrapped around Jinki's wrist he pulled it back to his stomach. The older man looked at him with curious, confused eyes. Minho just kissed his cheek. "Don't be so shy. It just tickled for a moment. I didn't say stop Jinki."


With hesitant fingers the man gently moved his hand across the taunt skin, a soft smile appearing on his lips and an expression of awe on his face. Jinki always looked at him as if he was the most beautiful thing on the face of the earth, but Minho loved the look on his face then the most. He could see the unconditional love Jinki held for the unborn child already, and it warmed his heart.


"You sentimental Noodle." He softly whispered before gently kissing the man's cheek.


And Jinki didn't even think about the name, he was too happy. 

 

 

 

 

 


 
                                                                                                      -------- 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Though neither were too happy in the morning when Minho rushed out of bed to the bathroom. Morning sickness was a pain in the , but he knew he was lucky enough for it not to last all day like most. He grumbled and quickly brushed his teeth as Jinki walked in to wrap his arms around him. That did make his morning a little bit better, especially when the man gently kissed his neck before softly telling him he was going to go make them breakfast.

 

"Watermelon please!" He called out, but Jinki was still wrapping his robe around himself and he flashed a smile when the man came out of the bathroom to try and catch him.


"With tea right?"


Minho softly smiled. "Yeah. With Tea." 


It was Saturday, which meant they had the entire day to do whatever they wanted. Next Saturday they had an appointment with Dr. Kim. The Doctor thought that it would be good to check every week to see if everything was going okay. No matter how many things they read, or what websites they looked up and researched, none of them really knew what to expect when it came to Minho's pregnancy, and because of this Dr. Kim didn't want to take any chances. If something was wrong he wanted to find out quickly because then he had a better chance at fixing it. He didn't want to risk the life of the baby or Minho, and for the record neither did Jinki. He knew Minho loved the baby within him, and if it came down to choosing between himself and the baby he would choose the baby. Jinki didn't want to lose either of them. 


Minho walked out to catch the older man stealing a piece of his fruit. "Hey! Don't eat all of our baby's food."


Jinki stuck his tongue out and took another piece. "You're carrying him. Believe me he's not going to go hungry because I took a couple pieces of fruit."


As Minho sat on his stool his bottom lip jutted out. "Are you saying I eat too much? That I'm fat or something?"


Jinki just smiled and pressed a sloppy kiss on his cheek as he wrapped his arms around the man's neck and gently lifted a piece of fruit to Minho's lips. "No. I'm calling you beautifully perfect. Now stop pouting and eat. I have to go get a shower."


Minho was chewing when he asked, "Why?"


"Something came for me down at the post office. I have to go get it."


"Can I come too?"


Jinki smiled, "If you want to."


Minho nodded as he picked up another piece of fruit. "I want to. Oh! Jinki can we stop and get a baby book?"


"Why ever for?"


"For the first baby whatevers. Like when we get the ultrasound pictures and all that."


"Alright." Jinki smiled before rushing into the bathroom.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                 ---------

 

 

 

 


Most of the next 3 weeks passed by without incident. They went to their appointments with Dr. Kim, and Minho giggled when they got to see more than just a little sack. Jinki just held his hand and watched him as his big eyes grew bigger as he watched the screen. 


"Oh my.. Jinki! Look at his little toes." Jinki warmly smiled at his boyfriends happiness, looking at the screen with him at their baby's feet, but then his eyes widened as the man squealed. "He's so cute."


Dr. Kim just smiled, "Would you like a copy?" 


Jinki was sure that Minho's head was going to fly off as fast as he was nodding. The ointment was gently wiped away, and he help the man sit up. Dr. Kim went to go get the pictures for them. Minho turned to him, "He has little toes Jinki. Really teeny tiny toes."


"Are you fascinated by our baby's tiny toes?" 


"Yes. They're adorable."


Jinki just kissed his nose, and smiled fondly as the man giggled over the picture the entire way home and carefully glued it into the baby book they bought earlier that month.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                               -------

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dr. Kim told them they could come back in two weeks once they reached the end of the 1st trimester. He said that that's when most families lose their baby, and even though they aren't completely safe yet it was a good sign.


"Have you been taking your vitamins?" Dr. Kim asked as he ran the device over Minho's lower abdomen.


"Mhm. One in the morning when I eat breakfast and then another at dinner." 


Dr. Kim smiled. "Good. You're baby is healthy as can be."


"That's good." Minho breathed out, soft and relieved.


"If you want, I believe I can tell you what you are having." The doctor looked at them both, and Jinki quickly found two pairs of eyes on him.


"Do you want to know Jinki?" Minho asked softly.


"It's all up to you Baby." 


Minho seemed to think for a moment before nodding his head. Dr. Kim smiled, "Let's see if your baby is shy or not." Apparently the baby wasn't because the moment the Doctor began to look he could see. "Well it seems you're going to have a...."

 

 


                                                                                                            ---------

So well, I don't know what they are going to have, so I decided to let you all decide. 

I'll update it a couple days, and whatever the poll says then will be the of the baby :D

And thanks for reading!