Chapter Three

Hogwarts Adventures

Characters: Daehyun & Jongup (B.A.P)

Pairings: Daeup/Daejong (Daehyun x Jongup)

Warnings: Substance abuse/addiction


Daehyun woke up panting, his hair clinging to his face from sweat. He looked at the time, sighing when he saw it was almost three in the morning. He got out of bed and went to the bathroom. He washed his face and looked into the mirror. He noticed the bags under his eyes were darker.

This was the fifth night in a row where Daehyun woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare. They were always the same. He walked down a long corridor when he heard footsteps behind him. He starts to walk faster when he notices a door ahead of him and starts running. When he flings open the door, a dead body is there. The first night, it was his mother. The second night it was his father. Third night, his brother. Fourth night, his friends. The fifth night, Jongup, his boyfriend. When Daehyun tries to move forward, something grabs him from behind and drags him away, and that's when he wakes up.

Daehyun walked back to his bed, making a note to himself to see Madam Pomfrey about a dreamless sleep potion. He laid back down on his bed, knowing he was going to have another night of restless sleep.

When Daehyun next woke up, it was to Jongup's face.

"Yah, Jongup! What are you doing?' Daehyun shouted.

"Watching you sleep," Jongup replied innocently. "Come on, it's time for breakfast."

They went down to the Great Hall, sitting down at the Ravenclaw table. Jongup filled up both of their plates with food. He started eating but Daehyun played around with his food.

"Why aren't you eating?" Jongup asked.

"I'm not hungry," Daehyun said. Jongup shrugged and continued to eat.

Throughout the lessons, Daehyun hardly paid attention. He could tell Jongup was getting worried, as Daehyun usually took notes in class. When they left their last class, Jongup pulled Daehyun aside.

"Daehyun, you've been weird all day, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing, Jongup. You don't need to worry."

"But-"

"It's fine." Daehyun pecked Jongup's lips. "Let's go. It's time for dinner."

That night, once Daehyun was sure Jongup and his other roommates were asleep, he snuck out of the dorm and headed to the nurse's office. He slowly opened the door to the office, careful to not make any noise. He went inside and went to Madam Pomfrey's room. He knocked and waited for Madam Pomfrey.

The door opened to reveal her in a nightgown.

"Oh? What's wrong?" She asked.

"Ah, I was just wondering if you have any dreamless sleep potion?"

"What for?"

"I- I've been having nightmares and can't sleep properly."

"Oh, poor boy." Madam Pomfrey rummaged through her cabinets before pulling out a vial with a purple potion inside. "Here, this is enough for four days. If you really have to, come back for more, but I don't want to see you often, it could get addicting."

"Yes, thank you."

"Sleep well."

The four days passed and Daehyun went back again for more. Soon, he was getting them once a week. He still had nightmares when he didn't take it, but he dealt with it, knowing he'd be able to sleep well soon.

He knew Madam Pomfrey wanted to refuse him more potions, but he knew how to get his way and always got it. Daehyun knew he was getting addicted; he knew Jongup was starting to suspect something was happening, but he couldn't stop.

He was starting to feel the side effects from the addiction. He constantly felt jittery. He was getting paranoid, feeling like someone was always watching him. Daehyun mentioned this to Madam Pomfrey one night. She stopped her search for another dreamless sleep potion, looking at him sadly and reaching for his hands.

"I think it's time to stop. You're getting addicted and it's not going to get any better. I'm sorry but you'll have to find something else for the nightmares."

That night, Daehyun woke up screaming. He barely noticed Jongup rushing up to him, barely noticed the tears running down his face as Jongup tried to wipe them away, barely noticed how the other boys in the room were crowded around his bed, worried. All he could see were the dead bodies of everyone he loved.

He was eventually calm enough to realize that Jongup was hugging him and slowly rocking him back and forth. He looked at his other roommates and they got the message to leave the two alone.

They were quiet for a couple of minutes; Daehyun still wasn't calm enough to speak. But soon, he cleared his throat and Jongup pulled away, worry and concern evident in his eyes.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jongup quietly asked. And Daehyun did. He talked about his nightmares, the dreamless sleep potion and how he got addicted, and how Madam Pomfrey stopped giving them to him. Daehyun was crying again by the end. Jongup just held him tightly and didn't say anything.

When Daehyun stopped, Jongup slowly laid Daehyun down on his bed.

"Come on," he said. "Let's go to sleep. It's been a tiring day."

He crawled into bed with Daehyun, wrapping his arms around him. He watched as Daehyun's breathing steadied as he fell asleep. Jongup made a promise then; he would always try ot protect Daehyun in any way he can. With that, Jongup fell asleep.


I wasn't sure if I should have put a warning but then I did. Better to be safe.

This story took a mind of its own. It wasn't supposed to be like this idk what happened but I kind of really like how it turned out.

Don't ask me how Jongup ended up in Ravenclaw, I don't know.

The next story will probably be about VIXX, hopefully soon. 

I hope you enjoyed!