Chapter Seven

Hogwarts Adventures

Characters: Jonghyun & Niel (Teen Top), brief mention of Changhyun (Teen Top)

Pairings: N/A


Jonghyun stared up at the castle, his eyes wide. He heard gasps from the other boys in his boat and knew that they were as in awe of the castle as he was.

He turned to the boy next to him – Niel, he said his name was if Jonghyun remembered correctly – and locked eyes with him. His eyes were wide as well and his mouth was hanging open.

This is our school?” The boy asked, shocked.

Jonghyun could only stare back at the school, just as shocked as him.

They scrambled out of the boats once they reached the end and Hagrid led them to the castle. Once he was sure everyone was there, he knocked three times on the huge door. The door swung open to reveal a woman dressed in green robes.

She introduced herself as Professor McGonagall and Jonghyun knew that she would be a strict professor. She gave a speech on all the houses – Gryffindor, Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff – and when she was done, she left them in the entrance hall.

Jonghyun immediately turned to Niel, noticing that he was looking around the castle.

“What house do you think you’ll be in?” Jonghyun asked Niel.

Niel started, looking back at Jonghyun. “I don’t know. Hopefully Gryffindor, they seem like a cool house, but I guess I wouldn’t mind any other house.”

Jonghyun nodded. “Same with me. Maybe we’ll end up in the same house.”

Niel smiled and Jonghyun couldn’t help but smile back at him.

Professor McGonagall returned and had them form a single line as they walked into the Great Hall. Jonghyun stood behind Niel who glanced back nervously at him. They walked into the room, whispers breaking out from the soon-to-be sorted students. They looked around amazed. Jonghyun was mesmerized by the ceiling, which was black and dotted with stars. He vaguely remembered reading that it was enchanted to look like the actual sky.

He looked back to the front as Professor McGonagall was bringing in a stool with a hat on it. He shared a confused look with Niel but was unable to say anything as the hat formed a mouth and started to sing. He resisted the urge to laugh and clapped along with the rest of the students when the hat finished its song.

“When I call your name,” Professor McGonagall announced, “You will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted.

“Ahn, Daniel!”

Jonghyun looked at Niel. He was pale but he managed a small smile to Jonghyun when he saw he was looking at him. He walked nervously to the stool. He sat down and Professor McGonagall put the hat on Niel’s head.

There were several seconds of silence before the hat yelled out, “HUFFLEPUFF!”

Professor McGonagall took the hat off to reveal a grinning Niel, who then walked to the cheering crowd at the Hufflepuff table.

A girl was next and Jonghyun tore his eyes away from Niel to watch as she was sorted into Slytherin.

“Choi, Jonghyun!”

Jonghyun gulped nervously and walked slowly to the stool. Professor McGonagall put the hat on him, the hat covering his eyes so that he couldn’t see.

“Hmm, very interesting,” a voice said in his head. Jonghyun tried not to jump in his seat.

“Hello?” He thought “Are you the hat?”

“Yes,” the hat replied. “I can see that you are very cunning. Hmm, but you are also very loyal especially to your friends and family. I can see that you wanted to be in the same house as Ahn Daniel.”

“How did you know that?”

The sorting hat chuckled. “I can read your thoughts. But don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone what I read. Now, let’s see. Ah, yes. Your loyalty to your friends is perfect for Hufflpuff and that just so happens to be where your friend is. So, better be…”

“HUFFLEPUFF!”

The last part was shouted to the hall and Professor McGonagall took the hat off his head.

He grinned broadly and sat next to Niel.

They talked quietly to each other for the rest of the sorting, clapping along with the other Hufflepuff students when someone was sorted into their new house.

Finally, the last student, Yoo Changhyun, who Jonghyun remembered as being one of the other boys in the boat with him, was sorted into Hufflepuff. He sat across from Jonghyun and Niel and smiled at them.

Professor McGonagall took the stool and sorting hat away while Professor Dumbledore stood up and announced that dinner was ready.

Food suddenly appeared on the plates on all the tables. The hall became loud as students started talking and laughing together.

Jonghyun caught Niel’s eye and he knew right there that he would love Hogwarts.


I have no problem using Changjo's real name but for some reason I don't like using Daniel for Niel?? I don't even know.

The khuntoria story I said I would write is posted here since it ended up not being Harry Potter related. Read it if you want to~

I hope you enjoyed!