VI. Change

Bad Girls II: 쏴라!

"You're rather square." Yuri admitted. She and Seohyun were watching TV when Yuri bluntly said this out of nowhere.

"People tell me that, too."

"Because you are." Yuri said frankly while rolling up a joint. Seohyun sawthis and her eyes widened with fear and amazement.

"What are you doing?" asked the frightened girl.

"Rolling up some weed. Wanna try?" she handed the blunt over to Seoyun who vehemently declined. 

"Are you crazy?!? That's illegal!" Seohyun said. Yuri seemed to not care about what Seohyun was complaining about and just lit it up and smoked. Some of the smoke almost got inhaled by Seohyun who coughed it out and covered her nose and  mouth. She uncovered them and ranted once more,

"You already smoked cigarettes and now you're smoking weed?! You're damaging your-" Yuri had enough of Seohyun's talk and placed a finger on her lips.

"Shut up." she said. "You talk to much and you worry even more. No wonder people call you square. You should try to live life a little, dear. Don't you ever wish your life was different from the one you're in right now?"

"I wish I could ask you the same thing." Seohyun replied.

"I'm happy with my life. I'm not reserved neither am I too liberal. Well maybe but at  least I'm not square. I'm free and decent. How about you?'

"Well..." Seohyun had a sudden realization about herself. 

"Realize it now?" asked Yuri.

"Alright I do. But please..."

"What?"

"Let's take it easy on the drugs." Seohyun begged.

"Okay.I won't rush you in on that. But I want to upgrade your look. I think you could use a little bit of styling. Tell me, what do you always wear. What do you often wear?"

"This. Polo. Shirt.Jeans."

"Yeah. And sneakers?"

"Yeah."

"Psh. You need to revamp yourself. Do you have a social life?"

"I hang out with my friends every now and then but I'm more of a bookworm."

"You need to go out more. Boyfriend?"

"Never had one. But I'm a hopeless romantic."

"Because your ing novels poisoned your mind!" Yuri growled. "I'mma show you how to be real, girl."

[SONG: "CHANGE YOUR LIFE" BY IGGY AZALEA]

"Let's start with a new haircut." Yuri said. She tried to envision what would look good on Seohyun. "What have you done with your hair so far?"

"Bangs? Curled slightly? Straightened even more?"

"Boring. Let's cut it short. Boy-short. Pixie." 

"What the fu-"

"Think Twiggy." said Yuri. She went over to her dresser and took out her hair snipping tools. Seohyun pursed her lips together, seemingly disappearing as she gazed at the scissors with both fear and curiousity.

"I do not want t-"

"You do. You want a change. So you have to change. " Yuri positioned her friend on the stool next to the bed and snipped away. For some reason, Yuri was talented enough to have a mental image of the pixie cut to follow, not needing a picture to copy. As she snipped, she smoked. 

Seohyun had a petrified look on her face when she saw good amounts of her hair falling from her head. Her once long and straight, moonless night black hair was now being cut short into a look that would make her androgynous.

At least...

"You have really long hair, huh?" said Yuri. Seohyun managed a nod, not opening out of fear that she might swallow some of her hair. 

"Well it's gonna look different now." Yuri said. A few minutes later, the hairstyle was achieved! She now had boy-short, pixie hair. Yuri loved the way it looked on Seohyun but Seohyun had yet to see it.

"We're done?"

"Yeah, we are." 

"I want to see it." she asked, part anxious and part excited. Yuri handed her a mirror and showed her what her hairdo looked like on her. Seohyun was thrilled. It suited her perfectly. It didn't make her look like a boy rather a fierce, unconventional, non-conformist woman.

"I love it. It looks great!" she cried. Yuri crossed her arms over her chest, blunt in her hand. 

"Told ya! Now all that's left is your wardrobe and your makeup. But we can get to that tomorrow. Let's hit the sack, shall we?" Yuri said. Seohyun nodded and hugged her new friend.

"Thank you so much!!!"