IV. Lunch

Bad Girls II: 쏴라!

Yuri and Seohyun walked out of the classroom together as soon sa they were dismissed by the professor. The students rushed out of the classroom, eager to get out of the boring atmosphere that it brought. Yuri and Seohyun simmply watched them. They were feeling okay until Jessica nad her troupe passed them by.

"Oh my God! So you have a new friend now, huh? And it just had to be miss ratchet right here!" she sneered, referring to Yuri. Yuri clenched her fists, eager to lunge at Jessica who ahd been getting on her nerves since this morning. Seohyun held her wrist and pulled her along. Jessica and company just looked on and Yoona took the opportunity to push Yuri slightly, tapping her back and adding force. Yuri slightly trodded forward but Seohyun got her and pulled her along, away from the bullies.

"Don't mind them, they're naturally mean." Seohyun said, fixing Yuri's clothes. "And they're probably just jealous of you because you're hot." A smile came on Seohyun's face which was reciprocated by Yuri. Her hand moved from Yuri's wrist to her hand, a sign of friendship.

[AT THE CAFETERIA]

Yuri fell in line with Seohyun at the cafeteria and looked for something interesting to have for lunch. Seeing that it was basically the same food they had yesterday, Yuri lost her appetite and decided to just buy some water and look for a place where they could sit.

"You're not eating?" asked Seohyun. Yuri shrugged and shook her head.

"Nah. You eat. I'm sick of the food here." Yuri found a spot near the line and took it, claiming their terrirtory by sitting down on the chair. Seohyun thought of what Yuri said and shrugged, left the line herself and sat with her new friend.

"I think I'll just eat at home." Seohyun said. "Let's just talk here." 

"Where are you from?" asked Yuri.

"Busan."

"Busan? I'm from there, too. But you live here now or do you still go back to Busan?"

"I'm kinda in a dormitory right now but on weekends I go back to Busan. You?"

"I live here now. I have a condo."  Yuri said, twirling one finger around her ombre hair. Seohyun looked at it and found it to be very cool.

"I wish I had hair like yours. Or at least a cool hairdo. I can never pull those off." said the girl with low self esteem. Yuri smirked and scoffed.

"You can pull it off, babe. All you need is to find the one look that will look good on you. You'll look boss." 

"I don't think any look looks good on me."

"Sure there's something out there for you! Just you wait, we'll find one!" Yuri said. Seohyun studied Yuri carefully. She wasn't such a bad person after all, not as bad as her appearance made her to be. She was funny, encouraging, and down to earth, the total opposite of those es known as Jessica's Clique. She would much rather be with someone who looks whorish but was decent and humble enough to befriend her than brand-wearing, "expensive" girls like them who were secretly . 

"What are you doing after school?" asked Yuri. Seohyun shook her head and said,

"Nothing. Studying for that Chemistry test I guess."

"Don't study. Come on over and spend the night at my flat. I'll show you a good time!" said Yuri. 

"Woah." Seohyun kinda felt her heart jump when Yuri invited her. Not studying for a Chem exam was tantamount to suicide for Seohyun, a consistent Dean's Lister and a Chemistry (all branches, namely Organic) aficionado. 

"I can't do that." Seohyun said.

"What? Why not? My dorm's pretty near, I swear. You don't have to take a bus. We can just walk!" Yuri persisted.

"But the Chem quiz. I have to study for it."

"Nah! You'll be fine. Trust me, you will. I got you here." Yuri winked. Seohyun wasn't sure if she should trust Yuri. Part of her wanted to because she was kind and part of her didn't because a small part of Seohyun told her that Yuri was secretly a bad influence, just waiting for her to fall into her trap.

"I really can't. I-"

"Okay." Yuri turned away from her. Seohyun got a bit worried as she might have offended her new friend. "Your life, babe."

"Fine. I'll go." Seohyun surrendered, defeated. 

"Great." Yuri's face lit up. She was ecstatic to show Seohyun what it meant to live like her.