III. Seo Joo Hyun

Bad Girls II: 쏴라!

Yuri wasn't really the only loner in the class. There was another girl who chose to stay and sit by herself for a great part of the semester. She was intelligent, shy, and a little bit on the emotional side. She was Seo Joo Hyun, one of the smartest girls in class. Seohyun-as she was better known-was deep into reading novels and acquiring knowledge from researched facts. You could say that she was a nerd but Seohyun was also a talented singer and a gifted artist. She was almost  perfect, a jack of all trades this beautiful girl except for the fact that her timidness had disabled her from getting noticed for her talents. Aside from that, Jessica Jung's jealous group also hated her.

Yuri didn't, though. She knew Seohyun but they weren't particularly close. She did know, however, what a talented and smart person Seohyun was and felt bad that the attention that should be given to her was being hoarded and gulped by Jessica and her friends. 

Seohyun was there in the corner, reading a "Divergent" novel. Clad in a plaid shirt and jeans with a beanie on her head; Seohyun was, as you could tell, focusing intently on what she was reading. Yuri looked at her from where she was sitting. They were exactly 5 chairs apart with the occupants either absent or sleeping with their heads down, she could see Seohyun clearly, and the girl seemed closer to her. 

Seohyun noticed that someone was looking at her, turned her head over to the left and found Yuri staring at her. She smiled a small smile while Yuri barely blinked and gave a half-smile, never taking her gaze off Seohyun who was focused on her novel. Seeing that her seatmate was absent, Yuri took the initiative to stand up and sit next to her. Seohyun saw her coming and closed her novel, put it down.

"What are you reading?" asked Yuri as she sat next to the sweet, shy girl.

"Divergent. It's a nice book." Seohyun nodded smally. Yuri smirked and extended her hand.

"Kwon Yuri. We're classmates. I don't know if you've noticed." she said. Seohyun took her hand and shook it.

"Sorry. I haven't. I'm Seo Joo Hyun by the way. Call me Seohyun."

"Seohyun. Nice. " Yuri said. Seohyun's facial expression seemed to have altered as she looked closely at how Yuri was dressed. Crop top, shorts, heels and all. Very intimidating, especially the eye makeup. 

"You're not a goth, are you?"

"No. By all means, no." said Yuri. "I'm not. I just like looking like this. I find looks like this on Tumblr." said Yuri. Seohyun's face seemed to have lit up when Yuri said this.

"You're on Tumblr, too?" she said with enthusiasm in her voice.

"You're right." Yuri said. 

"Can I follow you? What's your URL?" Seohyun squealed, liking her new friend instantly.

"I'll give it to you later. But first I have to know, are you free after this?"

"Yes." Seohyun nodded, happy that someone finally showed interest in her. "Yes. I am."

"Let's have lunch together then. " Yuri smiled. Seohyun realized that Yuri indeed had a beautiful smile that was obscured by her intimidating makeup.

"I'm game." And with that, they were instantly friends.