Chapter Fourteen

What happened?

“‘What makes you great reason 13: You’re cute even when you’re trying not to be.’ Wow, he’s trying really hard. Where did you find this note?” Minzy asked a flustered Dara.

“I found it in the elevator.” She flopped onto the counter. They were currently in a bathroom. Lately a lot of people had been following her around, and the only place they left her alone was in the bathroom.

“Hey, it beats the one you found in here. What’d it say again?” Minzy began to giggle recalling the message. “‘You’re amazing because you don’t know you’re amazing.’ Wow he’s a wonder with words.”

Dara smiled to herself as she thought of the little notes she had been receiving. They weren’t all that articulate, or all that great, but they were cute and thoughtful. They made her heart flutter, and that was the most important thing.

“You like it, don’t you?” Minzy examined Dara as she blushed and continued to read her note. “So when are you going to tell him?”

“Tell him what?”

“That you love him?”

“I-”Dara hadn’t thought about telling him anything. She liked the attention, and she believed that he would stay, but she didn’t know if she could trust him. She hung her head, “I don’t know.”

“Unnie,” Minzy grabbed Dara’s hands in her own. “I’m young, I’m dumb, and I’m naïve, but even I know that no matter how patient love is, it doesn’t wait forever.”

Why did everyone understand her feelings more than her? Why was it so hard for Dara, but easy for her siblings, Minzy, heck even Chang Sun?

“Is -is it really that simple?” Dara wanted to cry right there in Minzy’s arms. Of course it was that simple, but it always seemed so hard. It always felt like the world would collapse whenever she thought of him.

“Of course it is. The hardest of problems can always be solved with the simplest solutions.”

“And I think that’s a load of crap” They turned to see an irate Chae-rin. “Honestly I think he shows off too much and you would be much better off with someone else.”

Minzy caught on quickly. “I don’t think Dara needs another MAN.”

“I don’t either” Chae-rin retorted.

         “I don’t want another man.”

“I didn’t say you wanted or needed another man, just that you should be with someone better.”

Dara stood up. She was no longer able to handle the odd conversation occurring between the two girls.

“I’m done with you guys.” The two watched her leave as the door swung behind her.

“Why did you have to be a jerk and say all that?” Minzy folded her arm over her chest, hoping to be intimidating.

“Why did you have to talk to her about Seungri?” Chae-rin leaned against the counter and scowled at Minzy.

“Because she loves him and needs to tell him in order for them to get back together.”

“But does he love her?”

“Would he really being going through this trouble if he didn’t?”

“Fans do this kind of thing all the time, and much better than he’s doing it. So I think it’s fair to say he either doesn’t care, in which case he’s an . Or he isn’t trying all that hard, in which case he’s still an .”

Minzy glared at her elder as the other inspected her fingernails. In a sudden motion, Minzy grabbed Chae-rin by the collar of her shirt and pushed her up against the wall. Shocked and disturbed, Chae-rin stared at the younger.

“You know what I think? I think you’re just mad that she doesn’t love you back. I think you’re pissed that it isn’t you.” Minzy argued as Chae-rin grabbed at the younger’s hands in an attempt to pry them off her own.

“You don’t know anything. Don’t pretend to know me or understand how I feel.” She continued to clutch at the hands that held her up.

“I’m not pretending. I completely understand it. But unnie, you have to let her go. She doesn’t love you and she never will.”

“How could you possibly understand?” Chae-rin scowled at the younger, no longer trying to escape her grasp.

“I know because, because-”

         Minzy hung her head and sighed. She slowly raised her head to look up at the elder, and gently pulled Chae-rin towards her. As the distance between the two closed, Minzy gently pressed her lips against Chae-rin’s. Her eyes widened in shock. This was the second time this happened, but it was still surprising.

Surprising and delicious.

Chae-rin closed her eyes and allowed herself to enjoy the soft sensation against hers. Unable to hold herself back, Chae-rin lightly bit down on Minzy’s bottom lip. The younger gasped and threw her arms around the others neck while Chae-rin’s arms wrapped around her waist. Minzy moaned as she felt the others tongue enter and react to hers.

And all too soon it ended. Chae-rin pushed the other away from her, leaving the other in a state of confusion. She watched as Chae-rin ran towards the door, and stopped before leaving.

“Never again.”

 

 

 

 

“Why do I have to go with you to pick her up?” Chang Sun was in the front seat of a car with Sang Hyun.

The car was an older vehicle, barely hanging on for dear life. It’s mirror dangling from the front. The dashboard was covered in scratches. It was impossible to open the child safety locked doors and it wreaked of something unknown. The vehicle, however, was his first car and a gift impossible to part with.

The road was filled with cars, all much nicer than the one they were currently in and all headed toward the university.

“Because she wants see Dara and you want to see the both of them so just shut up.” Sang Hyun kept his eyes on the road.

Chang Sun tried not to let his smile show. Of course he wanted to see them. They were like his second family, even more so than the MBLAQ members. Well, all except Sang Hyun. He loved visiting with his Dara noona and his dongsaengs.

“Hyung. I’m going to let you out here in front of the building so that I can park the car. She wants to take us to some ice cream shop around the area so I’ll meet you guys there.”

“Why don’t you park the car and we can both go get her?” Chang Sun became nervous. He adjusted himself in his seat and began tapping his foot to ease his nerves.

“She doesn’t like coming out of this lecture alone. She won’t really talk about why.” He stopped the car in front of a giant lecture hall. Chang Sun stepped out as the car sped off.

He began climbing the concrete steps of the brick structure. As he entered the building he saw Durami heading towards him, or rather the door. She was visibly distraught, in a rush, and being followed by a group of males.

“I told you no. I don’t want to go on a date with you, now please leave me alone.” She tried to walk away, only for one of the guys to pull her back by the wrist.

“Come on, Durami, you can’t lead me on and then deny me. I just want a date.”

“I didn’t lead you on, I asked if you wanted to study with me. And I told you I don’t want to go out with you. So take your friends and leave me alone.” She struggled and attempted to pull herself away.

“Durami, come on, I thought you wanted ice cream.” He said as he approached the group and placed a protective arm around her. Too stunned for words, she stood silent.

“Hey, Durami, who’s this guy?”

Before she could say anything Chang Sun responded. “Watch it ‘guy’, I’m her oppa.”

“I thought you said your brother was a dongsaeng.” The guy smirked at Chang Sun. Using his logic, he had clearly seen through his lies.

“There’s more than one type of ‘oppa’.” Chang Sun glared down at the other’s hand, still wrapped around her wrist. “So if you can please let go of her, so that I can take my girlfriend to get ice cream,” he swiftly removed Durami from her captor, “that would be great.”

He dragged her away from the group and proceeded to walk out the building.

“‘Oppa’? Really? Why didn’t you just pretend to be my cousin or something?” She asked as they continued walking towards the ice cream shop.

“Why didn’t they recognize me?” he faked ignorance and allowed his arm to linger on her shoulder.

“Because they’re not preteen girls. Now please let go of me.” Durami gently pushed his arm away, shocked at Chang Sun’s unwillingness to move his arm.

“You do realize they’re following us, right?” He continued to look ahead. She tried to look back, “Don’t look back. It’ll be too obvious.”

They walked towards the ice cream shop, never changing positions. Out of fear that the guys would return of course.

“So they’re why you don’t like leaving the lecture alone?” Chang Sun asked a seemingly exhausted Durami.

“Yeah he was nice and I needed a study buddy. There aren’t a lot of girls that talk to me, and the ones that do aren’t in my class, so I asked Park Jonghyun if he would like to study with me. Apparently that was an indication of how ‘interested’ and ‘attracted’ I am to him.”

“How long has this been going on?”

“About two weeks now, give or take.”

“You’ve been dealing with this guy for two weeks? Why didn’t you say anything to Sang Hyun, or to me?”

“What would he have done, Hmm? Intimidate him with his make-up and dance moves? If I did tell him he would just cause a giant scene, one that he can’t afford. Besides, I can handle them.”

“You still should have said something to me.”

“Why would I tell you?” she raised an eyebrow as she felt his arm grow stiff around her.

“Because I want to help. Because I care. Because-” Chang Sun felt Durami’s arm wrap around his waist, her other hand gently holding on to the one on her shoulder.

“Don’t worry ‘oppa’ I’ll be fine.”

They continued their journey, close and inseparable, until they saw the familiar silhouette of Sang Hyun standing in front of the ice cream shop.

 

 

 

           

Dara sat at home, waiting for the three musketeers to appear with ice cream in hand. They had promised it would be the most spectacular thing that she would ever try, and of course she would indulge them. She was checking the internet and all the happenings of the world when she heard them through the door.

“Well I think the both of you are lying and I’m going to tell noona.”

“Even ask Chang Sun! They were following us!”

“You don’t have to lie noona, I’m not a baby! I just think you guys should have said something”

“We didn’t say anything because there’s nothing to talk about. You’re over reacting.”

Dara opened the door and eyed the suspicious trio.

“So who is going to tell me what exactly?”

“Dara noona! We brought you delicious ice cream. They wouldn’t tell me what kind you like so I bought a lot.” Chang Sun entered with bags full of ice cream in his arms. He placed them on the nearest counter and collapsed on the floor. “And then they didn’t help me. They were so heavy noona”

“Aww. Thank you Joonie. I can always count on you.” She tousled his hair and crouched down to his level, “which means you’ll tell me what you guys were talking about outside. Right?”

Chang Sun gulped. Noting his nervousness Durami stepped in to help him.

“Chang Sun helped me out with some guys from one of my lectures and now our dongsaeng thinks we’re dating, which would never happen so no worries.” She grabbed a cup of chocolate ice cream from one of the bags and sat on the couch.

“Yeah,” he let out a sigh, “it would never happen.” He picked up a cup of mint and chip ice cream and sat on the floor next to her.

“Unnie, how are your notes coming along?”

“I got a ton of them and they are all horrible.” Dara giggled at the notes she had received lately. The others watched and couldn’t help but smile.

“So are you going to tell him?” Sang Hyun asked. He grabbed a cup of purple ice cream and handed Dara a second chocolate cup.

“Tell him what?” She began to eat at her cup of ice cream as Durami began to chant.

“You think he’s gooooorgeous, you want to kiiiiiiiiss him, you want to huuuuuuuuuuuug him-”

“You want to looooove him, you want to smoooooch him” Chang Sun joined in Dara’s teasing, causing Durami to laugh. They continued their chant in unison.

“Are you sure you guys aren’t dating? You appear to be on the same wave length.” Dara nudged a flabbergasted Chang Sun.

“Unnie stop teasing him. You’re going to scare him, besides we are trying to convince you to talk to Lee Seung Hyun so stop being mean.” Durami gently nudged her back.

“Yeah noona, she has a point. If you like him you should tell him. I personally don’t like him but I can tell that you love him. So stop being so ridiculous and tell him. Honestly, the only good thing that has happened because of you two not being together is that we get to see you more often. Even that’s awkward because of the tension between these two. Noona you need to talk to him.” He then turned to the other two in the room, waving and angry finger at them. “And you two need to work this whole ‘thing’ out.”

“Work what out?” Durami asked, feigning ignorance.

“This entire situation! I thought you guys liked each other before earlier today so get over your pettiness and go on a date and see if you guys actually have some sort of connection. Am I the only sane one in this group?”

“We don’t like each other.” Durami explained as she continued to eat her ice cream.

“Besides she likes Seungho.” he rolled his eyes at this mere fact, “She likes his tumbling and stuff.”

“I never said that,” Chang Sun’s face lit up upon hearing her comment, “I said I like his fan messages and voice, but now that I think about it his tumbling is nice to watch too.”

“How can you say that?” Chang Sun looked heart broken.

“It true he’s talented. What am I supposed to say? He wouldn’t be an idol if he wasn’t talented and attractive, so why can’t I just say some obvious facts?” Durami was unfazed by the glances in her direction.

“Wait a minute,” Chang Sun had a mischievous smile on his face, “Do you think I’m attractive?”

“Of course you’re attractive, you’re an idol.” Durami spoke without hesitation. Dara and Sang Hyun were unaware of what was currently taking place. Chang Sun got up and sat on couch next to an outstretched and eating Durami.

“Okay then what are some of my talents?”

“You have a nice voice, you’re an amazing dancer, you’re funny, you’re sensitive, you’re-” she turned to see that Chang Sun had slowly inched closer towards her, “You’re-”

Their faces were centimeters away and they were in a world of their own. He leaned in closer and her eyes fluttered shut. She puckered her lips, preparing herself for an inevitable, blissful kiss. One that never came, Chang Sun wrapped his arms around her and began to dance up and down.

“See noona! Now you have to talk to Seungri so that we can go on double dates.”

Durami blushed as she struggled against his embrace. “Yah! Who’s going on double dates?”

“We’re going on double dates with noona and Seung Hyun. Where do you want to go? The movies? The beach? I’ll take you anywhere.” She blushed even harder.

“Noona, are you going to talk to him? I mean you still love him and-” Sang Hyun was interrupted by a notification noise coming from his phone.

He reached into his jacket pocket and began to tap away at his screen. His expression turned angry as he began to read. “No, don’t talk to him. Throw that mother er off a bridge.”

“What happened?” Her dongsaeng very rarely cursed. She ran over to see what would cause him to react in such a way. What she saw shocked her.

“Unnie what happened?” expressionless, Dara turned the phone so that the other two could see. Sang Hyun growled and cursed in anger as the duo read the article headline.

 

Famous Hallyu Idol Group 'Big Bang's Seungri's Bed Photos Leaked

 

Chang Sun looked at Durami, she was angry, very angry. She turned to her sister, “I’ll kill him.”

He was currently regretting asking her out on a date. He turned to look at Dara. Her hand covered her face and her body shook. His heart hurt for her, she was crying and he wanted to comfort her. He got up and approached her. He was about to pat her back in comfort when he realized she was laughing. The others focused their attention on her once again, absolutely certain she had lost her mind.

“This is great! He did it. He actually did it.” She continued to scroll down the page, her smile getting bigger and her eyes brightening as she read.

“He ed a Japanese e! How is that great, huh? Explain that to me noona!” Sang Hyun screamed, his body heaved with every angry breath he took.

“Because I asked him too.” She held the phone up to her face, blushing maniacally over the sudden turn of events.

“Noona, I don’t know how I feel about this. I mean, I can understand loving someone unconditionally, but I don’t think that you should have agreed to him sleeping with a e.” Chang Sun was dumbfounded by this new information. He was about to question further when he felt a sudden pain to the back of his head.

“Yah! How could you even suggest such a thing about my unnie?” Durami had hit him, yes he would definitely need to reconsider asking her out. “Unnie what are you doing?”

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m sending my bandmates a message. I can’t believe he did it!”

“What the is going on?” Sang Hyun asked, his irritation increasing with every moment he was left in the dark.

“He did it for me! Don’t you get it? He still loves me.” Dara smiled some more, leaving the trio even more confused.

 

 

 

 

“Are you having a nice time?” Choi Seung Hyun asked the woman who sat before him. Throughout the whole restaurant, she was the most beautiful.

“Of course I’m having a nice time. I just don’t know how I got here.” She responded as she delicately spun her wine glass. She looked around the restaurant; the glass tables gently reflected the light dimmer of the candles on their surface. The blues, greys, and silvers of the establishment complimented each other so well, giving a futuristic and space feeling that both parties could appreciate. She looked back at him, to see that he was staring at her in amusement.

“We got here in a car. You see I called you and asked if you wanted to go out. Then you said-”

“That’s not what I meant. I mean how did I get so lucky as to get asked out by the great Choi Seung Hyun.” She folded her hands together and rested her chin upon them. She leaned forward, in anticipation of his response.

He smiled, one of his signature lopsided smiles, as met her in the middle of the table.

“A better question would be how was I so fortunate as to get a date with the beautiful Park Bom?” She blushed at the comment. She didn’t think very highly of herself. She was confident in her vocal talents, but found herself lacking in every other imaginable aspect. She didn’t think herself worthy of an occasion such as this, but here he was telling her otherwise. Playful comment or not, it was nice to hear.

“I’m sure you’re joking but thanks for the compliment.” She was happy. For the first time in a long time, she was happy. “So what do you want to do now?”

“Hmm” he hummed as he continued to charm her with his smile. “I thought about a few things but really I’d do anything with you. So since I picked the restaurant, you decide what we do next.” He gave her a playful wink.

“Let me think.” She used her index finger to tap her chin, pretending to contemplate the possibilities. She opened to speak, only to be interrupted by her phone receiving an incoming message.

She fumbled through her purse while Seung Hyun chuckled at her attempt to reach the device in a hurry. She found her phone and apologized. He assured her that all was fine and well, she believed him. Until she saw the message.

“We may have to cut this short.” She continued staring at her screen. When she looked up, she saw a visibly distraught Seung Hyun.

“I- I thought you said you were enjoying yourself. I’m sorry. Is there anything else I can do? I mean I really don’t- ” he was cut off by her laughter. She handed him her phone.

 

From: Dara Unnie

 

     I can’t believe this is happening!

 

He noticed an attached link. He opened it to see an article. Though his Japanese was poor, he picked up on the important parts. He looked up to see an already standing Park Bom. She heaved a heavy sigh as she fixed her hair and offered Seung Hyun a smile.

“That’s why we’re cutting it short. Believe me, that is not what I want.” He stood up.

“You’re right; we will have to end this quite abruptly. So, before I have a discussion with my dongsaeng, I must know” he turned to face her, effectively trapping her in a state of infatuation and paralysis, “when would you like to continue our date?”

 

 

 

Jiyong was the last to arrive at Seungri’s place. When he arrived Seungri sat at the dining table, head resting on his folded arms. TOP sat next to him, arm at his sides and chin resting on the table as he blew air straight into his nose. Youngbae sat at the head of the table, next to TOP. His legs were crossed and lay on the table itself. He leaned back in his chair, cap covering his face. Across from him was Daesung, who rested his head on his fist, back straight against the chair. The scene was an odd scene, calm and relaxing. Why the hell was no one beating Seungri to a pulp?

“What the hell is this? How the did they find these pictures?! I thought you got this taken care of!” Jiyong fumed.

“We were waiting for you. So now the interrogation begins.” Daesung covered his mouth as he yawned. He stretched his limbs and stood up to stand behind the maknae. “Now then.”

The youngest stretched out his neck, allowing Daesung access and ability to wrap his arms around it. He was in a headlock.

“Is this necessary every time?” TOP asked.

“It was meant to keep us all in check but for some strange reason we only use is on Seungri.” Taeyang couldn’t help but feel bad for the younger.

“He’s the only one that s up!” Jiyong was irritated.

“Hyung what about the scandal. I mean we didn’t-”

“Yah Daesung! That’s different! I had no idea what was going on.”Jiyong’s attempt to defend himself failed. The room was filled with stifled chuckles, then all out laughter.

“Ow my sides.” Youngbae was literally holding himself together. TOP was also laughing, barely able to stop himself from falling to the floor. Daesung released Seungri and was bent over laughing.

“Hyung, how could you not know what was going on? And even if you thought it was a weird cigarette and didn’t want to be rude, you could have just said you don’t smoke.”  The team continued to laugh at the nerve their leader had. To claim he didn’t know anything about the substances he was smoking.

Seungri had a smile on his face, but remained silent. He ran his hand around his neck, trying to alleviate the pain caused by Daesung’s arms.

“The point is we didn’t do it when you were under fire so maybe we should stop.” TOP responded as he recovered from his laughing fit.

“Fine, we’ll just end this long held tradition and resort to anarchy.” Jiyong flailed his arms and sat in an empty chair, his sulking form instigating more laughter. “Shut the up! I just want to beat the out of this idiot! Do you know where I was when I got the message?!”

“Don’t complain about what you were doing. I was talking with my sister. Do you know how hard it is to get a hold of her?” Daesung sat back in his chair and was currently scowling at Jiyong’s need to be pitied.

“Well I was going to get something to eat. So if you don’t mind I’m going to make myself something in the kitchen. Anyone want anything?” Youngbae asked the remaining members.

“Hyung I want something with meat in it!” Daesung called after him.

“I’m fine Youngbae, just hurry up.”

“I’m fine hyung, I shouldn’t eat until after this.” Seungri gestured at the mess of people at his table.

“What about you hyung?” Youngbae motioned towards TOP.

“No thanks I already ate.”

“Wow, I thought you were going to start trying to eat with us.” Jiyong sassed. His frustration found a new target.

“Oh shut up, you were probably about to go eat too. Besides I was on a date I had to cut short for this so if you don’t mind, I want to finish with this stupidity as soon as possible so that I can think about how I’m going to make it up to her.” He retorted.

“Lies! Our hyung is lying. As the leader, I demand he presents us with sufficient amounts of evidence to prove that this date actually took place.” Jiyong smirked at his comments.

“I went on a date with Park Bom. What’s it to you?”

“Oh! Would you look at that? Our hyung grew a pair! Can you believe it? Everyone’s starting to fall in love, failing to take into account that this will all end. You are getting emotionally attached and it is just going to end horribly for both you and Lee Seung Hyun.”

“You know what Jiyong? You are going too far. I get it. You’re still mad that the girl you were actually in love with couldn’t handle the fact that you were an idol. But get over it, because this little ‘pity me’ thing you have going on is starting to get on my nerves.”

“ off!” The room went silent as all heads turned to Jiyong.

“Excuse me?” TOP walked toward the angered leader. “I didn’t hear you correctly, DONGSAENG. What is it that you told your HYUNG to do? The HYUNG who quit his dreams of getting a deal with a rap label to become an idol with you? The HYUNG who went through intense dieting to join the group you asked him to join? The HYUNG who got dumped by his girlfriend of three years, to help you? The HYUNG you call when you need help or advice? The HYUNG who took up acting to avoid interfering with yours, and everyone else in the group for that matter, solo promotions? The HYUNG who DIDN’T kill you when you hit on his sister? Please tell me what you told the HYUNG who has stopped you from jumping off the roof when things got hard. This HYUNG wants to make sure he can do what his DONGSAENG asks.”

More silence. No one dare move, let alone breathe too loudly. It seemed the awkward tension would never be broken, until Jiyong let out a defeated sigh.

“That’s what I thought.” He turned to the rest of the group, “I get that I’m not the best hyung. So does anyone else have any complaints? Any at all? I will hear them all out. Right here, right now.”

No one spoke.

“Alright then, if no one has any complaints about me as a hyung, we are here because of this guy.” He angrily pointed at the silent maknae, “So start talking.”

Seungri cleared his throat, unable to think of a way to initiate the conversation. Of course he didn’t want a scandal to be released, especially one as terrible as this. But he really hoped that by releasing it Dara would realize it was a lie. That he cared about her and only her. That he didn’t care what people said. That he loved her.

“How do you plan on cleaning this up maknae?” TOP asked. He knew the answer. They all knew what had happened at the café, and he understood how the younger thought. But he needed to be absolutely sure that this was something the man could live with.

Mumbles, that was the only response Seungri could muster. He was terrified of the reactions he would get. His hyungs could be terrifying and he was not willing to put himself in a bad poeition with them.

“Speak up.  We need to know how you’re going to react and you’re honestly going to mumble to us?” Youngbae snapped. This was obviously going to be a tough conversation for all five members.

“I’m not going to do anything?” he answered as a question and flinched, anticipating a blow to the head or slap to the face. One never came. He relaxed, only to be hit upside the head.

“Are you stupid? This doesn’t just effect you, you dumb! It affects us all, as a group and as individuals. And you’re going to sit there and honestly tell me that you’re going to do nothing to fix this?” Jiyong hit him again.

“Hyung, take it easy. I get it. You’re mad, but resorting to violence isn’t going to solve anything.”

“ you Dae! He is going to single handedly destroy us! We all joked about it, but this er actually went and did, and he doesn’t want to fix it!” Jiyong grabbed him by the front of his shirt and began to shake him. His breathing had become heavy and irregular. “Tell me er, why? Why aren’t you going to do anything, huh?! What could be more important than your four best friends, your brothers, and your bandmates, huh? What is more important than our futures?” For the second time that night, the room was filled with a tension no one wanted to break.

He gave the softest response, a whisper that had it not been so eerily quiet, no one would have heard, “Dara. Dara is that important.”

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys. Sorry it took so long to update some stuff happened. So this fanfiction is going to end soon. I will probably write one or two more chapters, I'm leaning more towards one. Anyway comment, tell me what you think. I like hearing from you guys. :)