Chapter one

What happened?

“For the last time, she lied! My God! You still can’t get over it!” He exploded. It finally happened. Seungri couldn’t handle it anymore. With that he turned around and walked away.

She stood there stunned. How could this have happened? Never, in the entirety of their relationship, did she think they would have an argument this bad. No longer able, or rather willing, to think about the situation, she turned around and went back to the party, specifically the bar. Back against the bar and drink in hand, she faced the party attenders and he mind wandered. She nursed her drink as her thoughts began to turn into nightmares.

“Unnie! Unnie!” Her thoughts snapped back to reality as a woman approached her. The younger woman attached herself to her person. “Unni how many times do I have to tell you? You can’t go off alone with men.”

“Yah! How can you talk back to your Unni?” It was a playful joke but the girl took it seriously.

“Aigoo, don’t forget I am your leader.” The younger said as she hugged the elder. She hugged her back, leaned her head on hers and whispered, “Arraso.” A smile formed on her lips. Even drunk, her dongsaeng was able to make her smile.

“Come on Chae-rin. Let’s go find Bom and I’ll take us all home.” She broke their embrace and walked the other to a balcony where an inebriated woman sat alone.

“Bom, I’m taking Chae-rin home. Do you want me to take you too?” she stared at the woman in front of her. Though her personality shifts often, she had never seen her in a state such as this. From a distance it looked as though she sat on patio furniture. In actuality, she was slumped on the floor, tracing circles on the cement floor with her index finger.

“Why not? I’m alone anyway. No one likes me. No one else wants to take me home. Why don’t guys like me Unnie? Wae?” Though she whispered these words, they were heard, and the pain coming from them was felt. When a tear rolled down her cheek, she rushed over to Bom and held her tight.

“Come on Bom. I’ll take you home.” She walked with one arm wrapped around Chae-rin’s waist and the other around Bom’s, and left the party. She struggled to walk the two towards the elevator. She successfully maneuvered them to their destination and pressed the button, but faced the challenge of getting the two INTO the elevator without dropping one onto the floor. As the doors were about to close someone stopped the door.

“You look like you could use some help.” She turned and came face to face with Choi Seung Hyun.

“Thank you TOP-ssi. I do need help. Can you help me take these two to my car? They’re done for the night.” TOP grabbed the female closest to him and hooked her arm over his shoulder. He allowed the other two in before he walked Park Bom in. He then pressed the button allowing the group to drop to ground floor.

“Thanks so much, it would have if you didn’t show up when you did.”

“No problem. But,” he turned to face the older women, “Dara are you okay?”

The question threw her for a loop. Although he is extremely shy, Seung Hyun was very observant. Dara knew this. Though she wanted to lie and say that she was fine, she wasn’t, and Seung Hyun would know.

“I’m as fine as I can be at the moment.” She lightly chuckled. Dara stared at the elevator doors so that she could avoid eye contact with the man next to her. Her thoughts went back to the argument she had earlier with Seungri.

 

“She’s looking at you like meat. She must be a fan of yours.” She whispered in Seungri’s ear as he leaned in closer to hear her.

“Really?” He replied nonchalantly as he sipped his drink, never moving his face away from her lips.

“Do you want me to step away from you so she can continue to gawk at you?” A smile etched across her lips as she playfully joked with him.

“Why? So that she can fantasize about my body? No just stay close to me, I can use the protection.” He backed away and leaned back against the bar.

“What do you mean fantasize? There are so many pictures of your body out there it isn’t a fantasy anymore” she chuckled as they continued to stare at the girl. Dara noticed the girl’s line of sight.           

“She’s looking at your-” she cleared . Seungri’s eyes bulged out of his skull.

“What should I do?” Dara couldn’t help but smile at his question.

“Go over and talk to her. Let her get a little bit of a fantasy.” Seungri took a sip of his drink and nodded. He headed over to the girl. Dara turned around and ordered another drink. She knew a lot of girls liked Seungri but every time he talked to another girl it hurt. So in an attempt to not cause herself more pain and heartache she headed to the bathroom and splashed water on her face. As she left the bathroom she saw Seungri waiting for her.

“How was it?” Dara asked as she leaned back against the wall.

“It was alright. She told me her room number and gave me her room key.” He smiled at Dara as he showed her the room key. Dara looked at the room key and the proud look on his face. She felt hurt, but she tried to play it off cool.

“Are you going to use it?” The attempt at removing all the pain from her voice before saying it failed. Dara sounded sarcastic, bitter, and cynical. Seungri stared at her in astonishment.

“No, why would you even think that?”

“Well you seem awful proud of yourself for getting her room key. I bet the conversation you had with her was really interesting.” Dara’s face contorted, unable to continue to hide her resentment and frustration

 “You’re the one who told me to talk to her-”

“Yeah, to tell her to stop staring, tell her thank you for being a fan, tell her it was nice of her to attend the party. Not to talk your way into her pants!”

“She asked me to join her. I never said I was going to-”

“But you accepted the key instead of leaving it with her. God it’s like that woman all over again.”

“That was fabricated Dara! I-”

“You what? You didn’t sleep with her? But she got pictures of you asleep. So I guess you just slept at her place even though you had a hotel room.”

“That’s not what happened. She-”

“She what? Drugged you? I doubt that! Let me guess, she-”

“For the last time, she lied! My God! You still can’t get over it!”

 

The doors opened on the ground floor and the group exited the small space. They made their way towards the entrance of the hotel and the valet parking outside and successfully made it out without dropping anyone or leaving anyone behind. Dara was proud of herself. She always worried when going to a party with the younger girls. Although she wasn’t the leader she was still their unnie, and always worried about their wellbeing. She gave the valet the ticket and waited for the car. She and Choi Seung Hyun stood in silence, each holding a girl in their arms. The silence wasn’t awkward but it wasn’t comfortable. Dara was thankful for the help but other than “thank you”, she really didn’t know what to say to him. The valet drove up in her car and handed her the key. As Dara put Chae-rin in the backseat, Seung Hyun walked around and put Park Bom on the other side of the backseat.

“Why didn’t you put her in the front seat?” Dara asked as she buckled up the now passed out Chae-rin.

“If she ends up puking it’s easier to get it out of the backseat rather than the front seat, dashboard, and you.” He said as he tied up Bom.

“Thanks for the look out.” She said as she walked to the driver side. Suddenly Seung Hyun stood very close to her. She was confused and a little on edge. He heaved a sigh and pulled her into an embrace. Dara stood frozen, shocked.

“Noona,” this was the first time she ever heard him call her that. “Don’t worry about a thing. Lee Seung Hyun and you will pull out of this mess. If it was meant to be it will happen. So don’t worry about it and just watch after these two okay?” with that he pulled back. Dara was more surprised than she ever was before.

“You knew about it? I didn’t know he told you guys! I didn’t tell anyone.” She felt so bad. Had he been talking about their relationship while she was trying so hard to keep it a secret?

“No. I just figured it out. I mean it’s pretty obvious, but I don’t think anyone else knows.” He smiled at her confusion. “Don’t worry about it. He’s my donsaeng and my maknae but I’ll always side with you. Take care of them and I’ll go straighten him out before next week.” Dara looked at him in even more shock then before. He just chuckled. “What? Isn’t that your anniversary week? I don’t know the exact date but I have it kind of pinpointed.”

“Yeah. It’s next Sunday.” Dara smiled at him. “You are just full of surprises aren’t you? Thanks for all the help tonight TOP-ssi. I mean it.” This time she pulled him in for a hug. “Please, just hit him once for me okay? That will make me feel better.” She let go and looked him in the eye, as he nodded and smiled at her.

“Get in. I’ll take care of Lee Seung Hyun.” He held the door open for her and watched her drive away before heading back into the party. 

 

 

 

First chapter. 

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think :)