Chapter Twelve

What happened?

          “Is she awake?” Darkness, pure darkness, engulfed Dara. She was unable to see anything. But she still heard the voices. The voices hurt.

          “Not yet. I’m making breakfast. Do you want anything Durami?”

          “No I’m fine but I’ll cut up some fruit so that Dara and Sang Hyun can have some.”

           Where was she and who was she with? These voices were painful to listen to. Wherever she was, was uncomfortable to sleep on. Why the pain and discomfort suddenly? Her eyelids fluttered open, adjusting to the light. She was home, she was at her place. She had no idea how she got here, or why everyone was here for that matter.

          “Why is everyone at my place?”
          “Unnie shhh, Sang Hyun is still asleep. Here." She handed her a cup of coffee and a plate of eggs and fruit, then sat next to her. “Chang Sun made them for you!”

          “Thank you Joonie.” She mumbled at the younger.

          “No problem noona” he sat at the coffee table across from her. She looked around and realized she was in her living room.

          “Why am I not in my room?” She asked as she drank her coffee, “God that is an amazing cup of coffee.”

           “Sang Hyun and I put you and Durami in the bedroom and we were going to sleep out here, but you got mad and plopped on the couch. So we left Durami on the bed and Sang Hyun and I slept on the floor.”

          “Joonie, I’d be mad at you for sleeping on the floor and not opening the second room if your eggs weren’t so delicious.”

          Chang Sun looked up, eyes wide. “There’s another room?”

          “Course there is.” She continued to eat her eggs as Durami laughed at Chang Sun’s expense.

          “It’s okay Chang Sun. You’ve never been here and I was drunk. If anyone should be yelled at it’s Sang Hyun.” Durami gave Chang Sun a playful wink and continued to drink her coffee.

          “So Joonie, Durami, can someone tell me what happened last night?” The two gave each other glances of hesitation. “I don’t remember anything so if I made a fool of myself you should tell me.”

          “Well you got drunk and then you started singing and dancing on the table. We got kicked out because of you.” Durami said with no hesitation in her voice, causing Chang Sun to laugh.

           “See, I know that’s a lie because that’s the same thing I told you the first time you got drunk.”

           “Do sisters act this way to each other? I only have an older sister and we were never like that.” He laughed at the interaction between the two.

           “No. Most sisters share cloths and beauty tips. We make fun of each other and talk about how we can become better people.”

           “Unnie, I gave you a makeover yesterday and I wore your shirt last night. No were different because we aren’t normal. Besides if we were normal we’d be no fun.”

          “So, you took the weekend off. So you go back to class tomorrow?”

          “Yeah, so what’s up with 2ne1 and MBLAQ promotions? I want to know what days to take off to support you guys.”

           “What, are you going to do? Show up to our fan signings?” Chang Sun chuckled to himself as he eyed the sisters.

           “Always do. I have all of your signatures, MBLAQ’s and 2NE1's. I wear a mask so that you guys don’t recognize me.  The only one who has ever spotted me was Chaerin. Weird, I thought my siblings would catch me.”

          “Wait, you have all our signatures? Why?” Chang Sun looked shocked.

          “Cuz I’m a fan and I support my siblings, besides G.O. writes the sweetest messages to his fans.”

          “Really, you keep our messages? That’s weird. You can see us anytime and you go to our fan signings?”

           “It’s better that way, no one sees me with you guys and I still show support.”

           “Then who’s your bias?” Chang Sun asked expectantly. “After Sang Hyun of course.” added for good measure.

           “My bias before Sang Hyun is Suengho. Sang Hyun, G.O, Mir, and then you.”

           “Why am I last?” He seemed offended.

           “Your fan messages.”

           “My what?”

           “Your fan messages. You write the same thing. They seem so impersonal.”

           Dara watched the dispute between the two. She found it cute and entertaining. It reminded her of the times she argued with Seungri.

 

 

 

 

          He slept on the plane. After spending the whole night packing it was the only thing he was capable of doing. Sleeping, and dreaming about Dara. She would be in his arms and they would be together again.

          Would she accept him? Would she even speak to him? He had left. No the song, she wrote a song about him. She missed him. Everything would go back to normal. As soon as he landed in Korea everything would be back to normal.

         Seungri went to the luggage claim to pick up his suitcase only to find it missing. He was about to tear someone’s head off for losing his luggage when he felt a sudden weight on his back.

         Daesung had his rested on the others shoulder and shifted his weight so that he was resting on the others back. “What are we waiting for?” he looked so relaxed and carefree.

         “I didn’t know you’d be here. Please tell me you have my suitcase.”

         “Nope.” Upset, Seungri moved and Daesung fumbled.

         “You’re telling me that my stuff got lost! AGH!!! What am I going to do I need all my stuff!”

         “Can’t you warn a guy before you drop him? I mean come on! I came to pick you up and you act like a jerk. Besides I said I didn’t have it, that doesn’t meant that Youngbae hyung doesn’t have it in the car. I thought you would know better than think that we wouldn’t take care of you.” An exhausted Daesung wrapped his arm around the younger’s shoulder and turned him towards the exit. “Let’s go home I’m sleepy.”

          “Nope, I have somewhere I need to go.”

 

 

 

 

         “So, now that the boys are gone tell me how long you’ve been in love with Seungri.” Durami sat on the couch; back against the arm rest, legs crossed as she sipped her coffee. Dara was dumbfounded at how calm her sister was, while she was shaking on the inside. She didn’t realize that she had let that slip.

          “Not before you tell me what happened while I was drunk.”

          “We asked you what you wanted in a man and you said you wanted Lee Seung Hyun and started crying. Then you tossed your shot glass on the floor and cried some more. Then you said you were coffee. It’s hazy after that. You should really ask Sang Hyun or Chang Sun.” She put her cup down and decided to lay down with her head in her sister’s lap.

           “I dated him for a year. We broke up and he went to Japan and now I’m sad.” Durami sat up and allowed her sister to rest in her lap. As Dara got comfortable she ran her finger through her hair and spoke softly.

           “Pabo I didn’t ask about him. I asked how long you’ve been in love with him. I already knew you were dating him.” Dara snapped her head only to have Durami push it back down and continue her soothing actions. “Remember the party you invited me to about six months ago? I asked to borrow your phone to text mom. You had him marked as <3 so I sent him a message saying hey from your phone and saw that he was the only that got a response. He replied so cutely. He wrote ‘how are you baby?’ and kept looking at you to see if you would check your phone. I texted him back saying ‘Omma did you know Unnie has you as <3 on her phone? She has me under brat and Sang Hyun as Little Mutt!’ you should have seen his face.”

         “That wasn’t nice of you.” She closed her eyes and allowed the calming feeling take her.

         “Yeah but this isn’t about me. How long unnie?”

         “I don’t know probably the day he waited for me outside the house and he was playing the guitar for me. He took the time to learn a song for me. I looked out the window and asked him what the hell he thought he was doing. He kept messing up, but he didn’t care. He was trying. That was when I realized he loved me and I loved him.” A smile formed and Dara was happy.

       “So what happened?” the smile disappeared

        “Some girl hit on him and I got jealous and insecure and we couldn’t handle it.”

        “Couldn’t or wouldn’t?” Durami sat in silence, her hand laced in her sister’s locks. She began to hum. Dara could never handle silence. Even through the hum, Durami heard the little whisper.

         “I don’t think we even tried.”

 

 

 

 

 

        “Why am I here?” TOP rushed into the jewelry store

        “I need your advice.”Seungri grabbed the other’s arm and dragged him to the counter and showed him the display of jewelry.

         “You do know these are engagement rings right?” TOP eyes grew large as Seungri nodded.

         “Yeah but I’m trying to ask you about the necklaces. I want to get her a necklace. Which one do you think she would like?” Seungri beamed. His excitement and enthusiasm radiated off him. TOP pulled out his phone and started to click away. “What are you doing?”

         “Texting Bom. If you don’t know what she likes what makes you think I do. Maybe she can help us.”

 

To: The Bom

         What type of jewelry does Dara like?

 

From: The Bom

         Why?   O.o?

 

To: The Bom

        Trying to make her feel better

 

From: The Bom

         I’m not sure but I can get you Durami’s number so that you can ask her.

 

To: The Bom

        ?

 

From: The Bom

        Her little sister. Here it is ^^

 

         “She gave me her dongsaeng’s number to ask her.” TOP looked up at Seungri. The younger looked a little upset. After a slight hesitation, he pulled out his phone.

         “Give me her number.” TOP handed his phone over to the determined younger. He watched as he punched away at his phone. All he could think about how in a short amount of time, the pathetic loser left to Japan. A mature person returned. He hadn’t seen this person that often but he liked it when he appeared. Lee Seung Hyun was an amazing guy, but Seungri was kind of a jerk.

         “I’m proud of you.” TOP told the younger as he placed a hand on the younger’s shoulder.

 

 

 

 

 

        Durami sat with a sleeping Dara’s head on her lap. She was glad she could comfort the elder. She felt her phone vibrate and checked her message.

 

From: Unknown Number

         Hi Durami. You don’t know me but I’m a friend of your sister’s and I was wondering if I could ask you some questions?

 

        Durami grabbed Dara’s phone to compare the numbers in her contacts to this number. Her first thought was that of Seungri, but she wanted to make sure before she did anything. Sure enough, the number belonged to “<3”. Before responding she saved the contact. She smiled and looked at her sister. She stifled a laugh and began to reply

 

 

 

 

 

          Seungri was nervous. He fidgeted as he looked around the store.

          “What if she doesn’t respond hyung?” He needed all the help he could get.

          “Then she doesn’t respond. Honestly, what do you want me to do? I can’t force people to do something.” He ushered the younger to a new display case. Seungri’s phone came to life. He was scared at the response.

 

From: Durami

         I know who you are. Didn’t think this would be our first interaction. I only know you as <3, but somehow I don’t think you’d like it if I called you that. Should I call you Seung Hyun or Seungri?

 

         “What wrong?” TOP asked the younger. As Seungri held up his phone, he couldn’t help but laugh at his expense. “Well respond isn’t that what you wanted?”

 

To: Durami

         Seung Hyun is fine.

 

From: Durami

          Okay Seung Hyun. I know what you are to my sister and I am also very well aware of the situation the two of you have found yourselves in. So tell me. What exactly can I help you with?

 

         He wanted to cry. He wasn’t entirely sure how this conversation would go but he didn’t expect that.

 

To: Durami

         Oh, this is awkward

 

From: Durami

         What do you need?

 

To: Durami

         I’m back from Japan and I want to get Dara a necklace and I don’t know what type of style she would like. I just wanted some advice.

 

From: Durami

         I recommend getting her something that means something to the both of you without being to flashy. Personally I would get her a water drop rhinestone pendant necklace but that holds no real significance to her. She likes silver more than gold. I also recommend apologizing. Just a helpful tip.

 

To: Durami

        Thanks

 

From: Durami

        No problem

 

         He suddenly felt a new sense of energy run through him. He looked through the different display cases, looking for something that he thought would remind him of her. Nothing. There was an odd array of felines and hearts, but he wanted something that symbolized them. There were different jewels and different designs and nothing popped out at him. His enthusiasm began to dwindle.

         “What about that one?” TOP yawned

         “No, why would I get her a necklace with the words mom on it?”

          “Honestly I’m not even looking anymore. Im just tired.” The two left the store, defeated and deflated. As they left one store and passed numerous other he saw something in one of the passing windows.

          It was a blue love swan crystal necklace. The light blue jewel representing its wing was in the shape of a heart and glistened in the light. It was a cheap necklace, but it was perfect. His Dara was always self-conscience about her body image, no matter how many times he told her she was beautiful inside and out. She was a swan to him, no matter how much of an ugly duckling she thought she was, to him she was perfection and that was all that mattered. Leaving behind a confused TOP, he ran into the store to purchase the necklace that reminded him of his love.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! Sorry for the short update and thanks for the support. So Seungri's back in Korea and is ready to get Dara back! ^^ I feel like this could have been better but I wanted to put something up. Anyway, tell me your thoughts and your opinions. I like hearing what you guys have to say. >.<