Truth Revealed

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    The bile in your throat rose as you held his stare, ignorant of the greetings from the others. He was holding your child, your baby, your sweet angel.

    ‘Our child,’ your conscious reminded you, eerily mocking you in the subtlest of ways. “[y/n]?” Suho called, waving his hand in front of your face, “Are you alright? You don’t look so good…”

    You were struck from your daze when the man you were staring at rose. His face was blank, eyes holding no emotion. Your initial shock wore off as the room became quiet, aware of the tension. Kyung clung to his father, everyone but you unaware of the fact. It would have been unmitigated picture if you weren’t frozen in fear. His entire being screamed a warning, like a predator.

    “I didn’t know you had a child, [y/n].” His voice ran through your body like a roll of distant thunder. It was quiet under the surface, but surged with unfathomable power. Dangerous. “Who on earth have you been seeing?”

    You snarled, trying to hide your absolute fright. You wouldn’t let him have power over you - no, you were stronger. You had survived well without him. “What does it matter? It’s not like you care, right? You have no reason to know.”

    Oh, you were a liar. He had every right to know. He was the father of your child. Speaking of which, Kyung struggled slightly in Kyungsoo’s grasp upon seeing his mother after being stuck with all these men.

    Fearlessly, you walked up to him, never breaking gazes with him, even when Suho nervously called your name. “I’ll be taking my son now.” The ever so powerful Kyungsoo flinched when your hands brushed his.

    Kyung clung to you eagerly once he was back in your cradling arms. His fists found their way on the strap of your backpack (it carried all the papers you still needed to look over for the coffee shop) and he tightened his grip when you began to walk away. Suho called your name again, but you ignored him.

    You left with a belly full of nerves and a tired child.

 

 

    You never felt so relieved to get back home. Kyung was already fast asleep in your arms, tired from his day out. You on the other hand, were feeling wide away. After seeing him after so long, after hiding from him and avoiding anything that had to do with him, it shocked you back into reality. He still existed in your life whether you wanted it or not. His child was your pleasant burden to carry.

    The distant sound of someone knocking on the door made your spine straighten. Someone was here. It wasn’t Kyungsoo, was it? He would never chase after you. He made that clear when he left you. To him, you clearly weren’t worth it. Who was it then?

    Glancing down at Kyung, who was settled in his crib, you met his half-lidded gaze. How could you do this to him? He was going to grow up without a father in his life, an outcast from his friends. Noth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter