A Promise

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    You truly did try to slam the door, really. But he knew how weak you were compared to him and he had no problem with gently widening the entrance. Somehow, he ended up directly in front of you, gently clicking the door shut behind him.

    “You’re breaking and entering.” He ignored you, opting for looking you over. Nervously, you your lips, hyper aware of how his eyes stared at that movement. “You shouldn’t be here.”

    He sighed, meeting your gaze for a split second before you turned away. You were brave that one time to get your son back, but after that, you had dreams of him. The anger you felt was replaced with that feeling of longing and melancholy.

    Seeing him here, in your home - the one you shared with him - shook your nerves up. “You haven’t changed the place at all.” He himself sounded a bit dazed, lost as his wide eyes glazed over everything. “I honestly didn’t think you would have stayed here.”

    You replied without thinking. “I didn’t have money to move somewhere.”

    “What about what we saved? What happened to that?”

    “College.”

    His hum filled the air, suddenly filling your being with a sense of relief and fright. He wasn’t here to fight with you. That’s good. The uneasy feeling from this morning echoed in the back of your head when he looked back to you. Why was he here…? “We need to talk.”

    You bit your lip, praying to whatever god there was that he hadn’t figured out about Kyung. “Why didn’t you tell me you were having our kid?”

    He knew. Lowering your head in shame, you felt the embarrassment of being caught in a lie creep into your cheeks. “You were… moving on. I couldn’t hold you back like that.”

    You couldn’t face him, but if you were you would have seen the look of distraught on his face. What happened to the fighting spirit you had before? You looked defeated and embarrassed - and it was all his fault. Upon seeing you so upset, he had found his arms straining against his will to hold you.

    In

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter