Date Night

Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            You pouted, bouncing your baby boy on your hip. He gurgled happily, unaware of his mother’s genuine nervousness as he pulled your shirts collar. Tonight you had promised Suho that you would be glad to talk and sit down with him. He mentioned through text he was only available at a certain time, for only a few hours.
            Being the nice person you were, you offered for him to come to your apartment for the sake of keeping it easy. It was only ten minutes from the coffee shop, which he replied was great and easy for him. You had informed MiYoung, telling her that if she heard screaming coming from your apartment, she should call the cops. You had only met the guy, so precautions were needed. And what a better way than your young neighbor a few doors down? None, that’s what.
            As nervous as you were, it wasn’t because of a man coming over, or that he might be freaked out by the baby. No, it was far worse than that. What if you made an of yourself? You hadn’t been involved with any men since you were discarded by your last lover. Of course, there was Taejong, but he didn’t count. He was a brother to you; a freakishly tall, flirtatious brother. Suho was a dreamy guy, no doubt faring well on his own in the world of idols (yes, you figured he was an idol, or close to one, since he qualified for it with his charms and over-the-top smile).
            “Maw!” Your son smacked his lips to your cheek, making the sound effect of a kiss. Instantly, you were brought from your stupor.
            His chubby cheeks were rosy red, chocolate eyes slanting as he smiled at you with his cute smile. You could see the few baby teeth he had laid out in his mouth. He sure was growing quick. Soon, his fluffy baby hair would be that thick black hair his father had sported so long ago. Now, you had a feeling it was a different color, considering idols dyed their hair every other month.
            Cooing, you nuzzled your baby’s cheek. “I don’t want you to grow up – mommy want you to stay cuddly forever!” He nuzzled back, head falling against your shoulder. You were wearing a casual scooped neckline shirt, a cardigan thrown over top of it, and grey leggings to cover your legs. Really, it was a last minute attempt to look half decent with a baby. “Make sure you’re on your best behavior, okay? Mom doesn’t want to look like a moron.”
            He only hummed into your shoulder. Gathering your bearings, you took another glance at the clock on the wall, hung above your television. Six twenty-five. He said six thirty was the best time for him, which you whole heartedly agreed to. You had work the next morning so a late night was out of the option.
    Making a sound of frustration and anxiety, you shuffled around a bit more. Any minute now… The knock on the door instantly made you shudder. He was here. Taking in the deepest breath you could manage, you threw a grin on your face to look far more approachable. 
    The door seemed miles away from you while walking to it. With one hand on the knob and the other holding your small son, you unlocked it, opening it wide. 
    “Hey yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter