II

Melody Of the Night [HIATUS]

Suddenly, from the corner of her eyes, she caught the sight of two people strolling along the sidewalk. One of them she recognized right away was Baekhyun, the other figure was a girl with long hair. The two of them held hands as they walked down the road. 

Seon-yul's eyes widened upon the sight. Tears formed in her eyes as she tried to calm herself. No, they were just studying together, working on the assignment Baekhyun was talking about. Seon-yul convinced herself. I'll ask him about it tomorrow... everything is alright. She thought.

Once Seon-yul got home, she washed up and went straight to bed. She's got a long day tomorrow, without Baekhyun that is...


 

Seon-yul woke up the next morning to the sound of her phone ringing, without looking at who called, she answered the phone.

"Good Morning sleepy head." A familiar voice greeted.

As soon as she heard the voice, she recognized who it was. She cursed herself for not looking at the caller ID before picking up the phone. 

Memories of last night came back to her and she swallowed back a whimper that escaped from .

 

"Hello Seon-yul, can you hear me?" 

"Yes, I can hear you." She said, trying not to breakdown. That must be a misunderstanding,  he has a good explanation for this. These thoughts are the only things that are holding her feeling together.

"Baekhyun, did you get to finish your assignment?" Seon-yul managed to ask.

"Assignment? Oh yeah, I did get to finish it, it was really really really hard." she could hear him pouting and acting cute, it made her heart skip a beat and that annoyed her at the moment.

"So... did you have a partner for this project?" She asked. 

"A partner? Yeah... I did, but why are you asking?" The boy answered.

At this point, Seon-yul had to decide whether she should tell him about what she saw or act like it never happened. Finally, she decided to act like it never happened, she didn't want to lose him.

"Nothing, it just seemed like such a big project so I wondered if you had a partner, but since you finished, maybe you can come with me to the theater?" She asked and hoped for him to to say yes.

"Sorry babe, but today I'm going to the company with my dad so I won't be able to make it..." Baekhyun replied.

"Oh... alright." Seon-yul said quietly.

"Cheer up, I'm calling to ask if you are free the day after tomorrow, I was thinking we should go on a date. It's been a long time since we spend time with each other." Baekhyun said flatly.

"Sure, I'm free, so after school then I guess?" Seon-yul replied sadly, clearly noticing the bored tone in his voice.

"Yeah. Well I gotta go I'll talk to you later." Baekhyun said.

"Okay, love you." 

"Okay, bye" He ended the call.

The feeling of pain and sadness swelled up from Seon-yul's heart. She actually told him she loves him and he just responded with an 'okay'.

Looking at the clock, it was 6:45am, she still had some time before school so she showered and got dressed.

Then, she quietly walked down the stairs and snuck out of the house to go to her old highschool and do what she always did when was depressed, play her violin. 

Arriving at the music room, she slowly opened the door. Before she could clearly see, a dark figure jumped out from the window on to the great oak tree. Seon-yul quickly ran over to the window and looked out, but the person was no where to be seen. I must be hallucinating... She thought as she shook her head to clear her mind. 

Seon-yul took her violin out and walked over to the desk, her eyes widened when she looked on her chair. What she found was a music piece, it was Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, she had never played it before. Did that person leave it here? Then it looks like I'm not hallucinating at all... Seon-yul thought. 

The girl stared at this sheet of music, her eyes scanned across the page as she hummed out the tune. Then, she began playing the piece on her violin. As the music echoed around the empty classroom, she felt the sadness, the despair of the melody. The echanting tune that kept her emotions just on the edge without falling off. Before she knew it, tears had slid out of her eyes. 

Suddenly, the ringing of her phone snapped her out of her own music world. She placed her violin down and quickly went to pick her phone up.

 

"Seon-yul, where are you? You're going to be late for the evaluation test today!" Her best friend Hyorin's vioce blasted in Seon-yul's ears.

"I know, but  it's still early." She said as she glanced down at her watch on her wrist, it was 7:28. "

OH MY GOD!" She yelled out as she noticed how late it was.

"God, what were you doing? You're usually the one who keeps track of time, this is so unlike you! Now hurry up and get your over here, we have Mr.Lau for our first class today!" Hyorin exclaimed.

"Crap. Gotta go now!" Seon-yul crused and hung up. Mr.Lau, one of the most strick teachers in the whole school, no one wants to get on his nerves...

 

Seon-yul quickly picked up her stuff and hurried to catch a cab since a bus is way to late now. As soon as they stopped in front of the school gates, she paid the driver and ran straight to class as fast as she could. On the way, she saw Mr Lau in the staff room getting coffee. She snuck past him and into the class room. As soon as she stepped inside, Mr.Lau came in right behind her.

Seon-yul tried to play it of cool and pretended like she had been here for a while. "Mr Lau we have been waiting here forever, where were you?" Seon-yul acted, leaning against the wall looking bored.

Mr Lau smiled at her and said "I was in the teachers lounge as you tried to sneak past me."

Everyone in the class laughed while Seon-yul's face turned into a deep shade red. Mr,Lau had always like Seon-yul, she was a very talented student, she always completes her work on time and is very friendly to the teachers and students although there are sometimes where she could be quite funny, like right now.

"Attention everyone." Mr.Lau said loudly to shush the students, looking around the classroom, he continued, "Today, the director and founder of our school is coming to watch the evaluation test, so do your best." He stated.

What? The founder of this school? Seon-yul was surprised and suddenly felt so much more pressured. After the teacher finished talking, a serious looking man walked in the class room. He was dressed very elegantly and had a royal look on his face. 

"Hello, fellow students of the music class, you can address me as Mr.Kim, I am the director and founder of this university. Today, I have came to see the achievements of the students of the music class. Now, please don't let me down and do your best." The man said, eyeing us all in a  very strict manner.

"Please play your music entusiastically, there is no need to feel pressured." Mr.Lau advised. Althought everyone nodded, they all felt extremely nervous on the inside.

Soon, all the students performed one by one on their instruments. Seon-yul had taken glances back at Mr.Kim who seems to be slightly displeased by what he was hearing. Finally, it was Seon-yul's turn, picking up her violin, she walked to the front of the classroom and nervously glanced around. All the students were staring at her and the teacher was looking at her, nodding for her to start. 

She stood in her posture and began the performance. The class instantly silenced as the music flowed across the room. For the first time, Mr.Kim raised his eyebrows and nodded in satisfaction. When the piece was finished, everyone clapped amd cheered, including Mr.Kim who smiled at Seon-yul and gave her a thumbs up. 

After everyone's performance was over, the class was almost finished tol. While everyone else did there work, Mr.Kim went up to Seon-yul, he had some questions for this talented lady. 

Seon-yul was putting her violin away when Mr.Kim walked up. 

"Ahem, what's you name, young lady?" The serious looking man asked.

"My name is Seon-yul, sir." She replied in a timid voice, it IS the director of the school she is talking to.

"Seon-yul, what a pretty name, it means melody I suppose?" 

"Yes sir."

"And what was that piece you just played for us up there?" Mr.Kim questioned.

"Oh, I created that piece, though I have not given it a name yet." Seon-yul answered.

"Really? Well, aren't you talented." Mr.Kim looked at her in disbelief, he couldn't believe a student had written that beautiful echanting music.

"No, I was merely fooling around on paper, my dream is to become a composer that everyone recognizes." She said modestly.

"You know what, you're a great student, I've heard a lot about you before. Tell me, do you currently have a boy friend?" Mr.Kim suddenly asked.

"M-me? Yes, I do..." Seon-yul replied. She thought about Baekhyun, they've been together for about a year now.

"Oh, this is s disappointment, I was hoping my son-"

"Sir, some one wants to speak to you on the phone." One of his secretary interrupted, earning a glare from Mr.Kim.

"Excuse me, it was nice talking to you, Seon-yul." Mr.Kim said and left the class. 

That was weird... but Mr.Kim do seem like a nice man though... Seon-yul thought as she watched Mr.Kim and his two secretaries walking down the hall. Then, her mind wondered back to Baekhyun again, thinking about him made her sad. Forcing herself to pay attention to the teacher, Seon-yul frowned and looked at the white board.