VIII

Melody Of the Night [HIATUS]

"Minseok? His dad just called saying he won't be here for a while." Mr.Bo replied. 

"What? But our assignment is due two weeks from now!"

"It's not my problem, the only this I'm looking for is the presentation, if it couldn't be completed by due date, you fail." Mr.Bo said.

"What?" Seon-yul exclaimed and walked out in frustration. 

Wow, this spoiled brat... it's easy for him to skip and be okay if his dad is the director of university, but don't get me ruined, I ain't got nobody to stand up for me... 


 

Zipping up his jacket, Xiumin glanced out the window, a gust of wind blew as the autumn leaves flew in the air like dancing butterflies. It was a nice day today, the sun shined brightly in the clear blue sky where no clouds could be spotted. In the giant front yeard, squirrels hopped from tree to tree and the birds sang in the branches. 

A gentle knock on the door drew Xiumin's attention away from the beautiful scenery out the window. "Come in."

"It is almost time for your meeting with Mr.Byun at 10:00. The cars are prepared for you, which one will you drive today?" The house keeper asked.

"The white BMW is nice. I suppose it was washed?" The boy asked after considering all his choices. 

"No, it hadn't been driven yet since it was bought. No cleaning was required." The old man replied.

"Alright then, I will take that one, be sure it's shiny enough blind Byun Baekhyun's eyes." Xiumin insisted before walking past the housekeeper  toward the stairs. 

"Yes, young master." The old man bowed and headed to another set of stairs leading to the other side of the ground floor. 

 

Sitting in his brand new white sports car, Xiumin's hand grasped on to the shiny black leather steering wheel and with a push on his feet, the vehicle motored off down the drive way of the garage. The kim family's drive way was quite long, about a kilometer in length, it passes by a small fishing pond, a little stream, a patch of forest and a mini golf course. 

Finally, stopping in front of the tall black gates, Xiumin took out a control and opened up the electric fence before driving off the family property. Xiumin's house was down in tne country side, a place where his dad preferred because of the peacefulness and clean environment. 

It took the boy about half an hour on the highway to reach the Byun headquarters which was in the busy city. Parking his car by the small street next to the Byun building, Xiumin got off and waited in front of the building front door for Baekhyun.

Time passed by slowly, Xiumin glanced down at his watch, it was 10:06, Baekhyun was already six minutes late. Xiumin wondered how Baekhyun could possibly manage the his dad's company if he couldn't even be on time.

Xiumin's thoughts were interrupted when a boy about his age walked toward the building. That boy had shades on, be wore jeans and a leather jacket, although his eyes were hidden by the dark shades, Xiumin could still see that he was very handsome. The two stared at each other for a couple seconds before Xiumin broke the awkward silence. 

"Good morning, might you be Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun?" Xiumin asked.

"And lemmi guess, you are that creepy guy from yesterday who asked me out?" The other boy replied with a slight smirk on his flawless features. 

"Excuse me Mr.Byun, is this the way to greet a stranger?" Xiumin replied with a smile on his face, but his eyes were cold. 

"Hello, nice to meet you, how is your day so far, I don't need you to tell me this crap." Baekhyun said coldly before removing his shades and glaring at Xiumin. "What do you want with me? I've got important plans today." 

"I just want to chat with you for a bit." Xiumin answered.

"About what?" Baekhyun questioned.

"You."

"What about me? You got a problem with me?" Baekhyun challenged.

"Yes. Do you have a girlfriend right now?" Xiumin asked.

"Hmm? Sure, I don't consider that my girlfriend though, I'm just toying around with her." Baekhyun said carelessly with a bored look on his face.

"Alright, what about the girl before her?"

"There was this boring chick."

"What about her?"

"Nothing much, she was a bit messed in the head I would say, everyday with her was just music. Going to musicals, listening to her play violin. She wasn't even that good, she studies music in university." Baekhyun said, not noticing the anger in Xiumin's eyes.

Not even that good? Have you really listened to her play with your heart? Have you paid attention?

"Why are you asking me this? Trying to find my ideal type?" Baekhyun questioned.

"Anything else before I beat you?" Xiumin said through his clenched teeth.

"Calm down, why are you getting so pissed? Because I'm not homo?" Baekhyun continued to joke.

"Take back what you said about her."

"No."

"Apologize to her personally."

"For what? I didn't do nothing wrong."

"Yeah, going around breaking hearts is a perfectly nice thing to do."

"You are getting on my nerves Xiumin. Do you know who I am? I am the succeeder of this company you are standing in front of right now. Watch your mouth." Baekhyun snapped, raising his voice a little.

"Alright, I was planning to just leave you with a broken arm, but it looks like you deserve something more." Xiumin replied and glared at the man standing in front of him. He was the one who hurt Seon-yul, he'll never be forgiven...

"Who are you? Who are you to talk to me like that?" Baekhyun said, suddenly feeling a bit threatened by the person standing in front of him.

"Mr.Byun, don't you have other plans with your ty girl right now? I don't see any point in chatting with you anymore. Good day." Xiumin said coldly before walking off to his white car across the road.

Baekhyun watched Xiumin as he walked toward a shiny white sports car parked across the road. Well, wasn't that a fine way to begin the day... He thought sarcastically and looked up at the clear blue autum sky. Did he have any relations to Seon-yul? Probably, by the looks of anger on his face when I talked about her. 

After Xiumin's car drove off, Baekhyun headed for his own behind the building. It was 10:20, the unfriendly conversation didn't last very long. 

Sitting inside the car, Baekhyun recieved a text message from his little . 

Oppa, are you coming over soon? I can't wait to see you again, I miss your touch, come quick, I love you!

Baekhyun smiled upon her seductive message before replying. 

Be patient kitty, I'm coming soon, love you. 

After hitting the send key, Baekhyun decided to forget all the things that happened with Xiumin and enjoy the day with Kitty. The first formal business meeting with his father is coming soon, there wouldn't be much free time since he'll be managing more and more company business after that, might as well as have fun now.

 

~~~~

 

Scrolling through different websites on her laptop, Seon-yul looked through a bunch of music scores online as she tried to find a perfect piano and violin duet piece.

She already had one song in mind. Edward Elgar's Salute d'Amour, op 12. It is a beautiful song, she had never played it before. Suddenly, Seon-yul realized how hard this project was. 

Seon-yul only had two weeks to learn this song and perfect it. Learning it in two weeks wasn't a challenge, but having to perfect it and play it flawlessly with all the emotions and feelings wasn't an easy task to do. It's usually takes month, even years to reach the "perfect" standard, but they were only given two weeks to do so. Even worse, her partner Minseok wasn't even here yet. 

 

Today was Tuesday, everyone had started on there projects, learning, rehearsing. Chanyeol, her classmate who lived in the same building as her came over a couple minutes ago with his Chinese partner Yixing to see how she was doing. After learning about Seon-yul missing partner, they had warmly invited her to join their group. 

Of course, Seon-yul declined their offer when she called Mr.Bo to ask if it's okay and he didn't give her a straight answer except for saying this is a PARTNERED project. It's scary dealing with a teacher who kicked his student out as quick as a snap of his finger.

Sighing deeply, Seon-yul found the scores for the song Salute d'Amour and downloaded it on to her memory stick so she could go print it outtomorrow at the library. Then, she took out her violin and began trying this piece out.

It wasn't a very difficult piece, Seon-yul roughly ran througn the music and practiced it a couple times over. It's wasn't a very long song since Seon-yul only chose to play op 12. After knowing the song a bit more, Seon-yul began listening to it online, over and over, until the music was engraved in her head. 

 

Through out the whole day, Seon-yul played and listened, she even skipped Lunch to practice full time. Time passed by quickly as when you are busy. Soon, it was already 6:30pm. Seon-yul was still practicing until a gentle knock on the door interrupted her. Stretching her tired limbs, Seon-yul yawned and went to the door. 

"Hello Seon-yul! Wanna go out for dinner with me? Yixing will tag along too." Chanyeol's cheerful voice greeted her, Yixing was standing beside him, smiling sweetly.

Looking at the two handsome boys standing in front her, Seon-yul suddenly snapped back to reality. She was in her pajamas, and her hair was a mess. Looking at them in embarassment, Seon-yul quickly smoothed her hair with her fingers. "Sure, but I need a minute to get dressed." 

The boys smiled and nodded and Seon-yul closed the door. 

"She's pretty cute eh?" Chanyeol said to Yixing.

"Haha, you think so too?" Yixing replied with a grin on his face.

"I love my life right now, meeting such a good friend like you, having such a pretty girl in the same apartment as me, and the music program..." Chanyeol said delightfully.

"Alright I'm done!" Seon-yul yelled as she hopped out the door in a hurry, slamming into Yixing's chest. 

"Whoa, you okay there?" Yixing quickly asked.

"Sorry..." Seon-yul apologized and looked down in embarassment. The boys chuckled and led her down the hallway. Although it didn't seem like such a big deal to the boys, that moment was recorded in Seon-yul's mind, and she often replayed it in her head.  Man, he smells good...

 

After dinner, Seon-yul bid the guys goodbye and headed back home. Of course, she practiced more on her violin until she exhausted. But she had to work harder. Even when she slept, she left the music on...

There was no other choice, if she wants to perfect this song in two weeks, she had to give her all.