IV

Melody Of the Night [HIATUS]

Without any warning, Baekhyun leaned in for a forceful kiss on Seon-yul's lips, causing her to flinch in shock. His tongue invaded and he gently bit Seon-yul's lip. The startled girl whimpered in process and tried to push him away. Finally breaking the contact, she covered his mouth and stared at him in shock. 

"Baekhyun..." She managed to say.

The male once again closed the distance between them as the look of lust filled his face. He cupped her face and leaned in for another kiss, then, his hand began travelling down from her back, onto her hips. 

Seon-yul pushed him away and looked at him in fear. "No. Baekhyun, stop it!" She protested and moved away from him.

"No? Seon-yul my baby bear, you'll love it, come on..." Baekhyun whispered in a seductive voice and walked towards her. 


 

Seon-yul was shocked by Baekhyun's actions, she didn't know what to do. As the boy came closer, Seon-yul's hands trembled in fear as she slowly backed away. But before she could get away, Baekhyun violently grabbed her shoulders and pinned her to the cold brick wall in the alleyway.

"Don't be afraid, I'll be gentle..." Baekhyun leaned in and whispered in her ears, sending a chill down the poor girl's back.

"S-stop..." Seon-yul stuttered in fear.

"It's okay Seon-yul, we've been dating for almost a year now... What's wrong with enhancing our relationship?" Baekhyun said and tilted her chin up, forcing her to look into his lust filled eyes.

"I don't want to yet..." Seon-yul said helplessly as Baekhyun leaned in for a kiss. Seeing how ignorant Baekhyun was to her thoughts and feelings, Seon-yul felt mad.

Without any hesitation, her hand came into contact with his face. The loud sound of the slap echoed around the dark alleyway. Baekhyun's eyes widened as he slowly raised a hand to his face. He winced after touching the red spot and glared at Seon-yul with a dark expression.

"Baekhyun..." She managed to say, seeing the her boyfriend's reaction, Seon-yul suddenly felt bad for what she did.

"Did you just slap me?" Baekhyun asked in a loud and demanding voice.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to hurt you... I-I wasn't thinking straight..." Seon-yul lowered her head in shame and apologized.

"Wasn't thinking straight, eh? You were never straight, what kind of girlfriend doesn't let her boyfriend touch her, Seon-yul, you're pathetic!" Baekhyun yelled at the girl who looked at him in fear.

"Baekhyun... I'm not ready yet, I have to finish school first." Seon-yul tried to explain.

"After a year? Haha, I feel like I'm wasting my time here." Baekhyun said coldly.

Seeing his attitude, Seon-yul started sobbing, tears streamed down her face as she shook her head. Baekhyun just glanced and the crying girl and turned to leave. His harsh footsteps slowly grew distant as Seon-yul gazed at his back while wiping her tears.

 

Trotting down the dark empty side walk alone, Seon-yul’s mind hurt, she felt so broken... Was that the end between them? 

The broken girl continued walking alone in the darkness until she reached a small dark road. The street lights flickered as Seon-yul looked down at her shadow under the light. She wiped her tears again before crossing the road. Not paying attention to the traffic, she walked onto the street. Halfway across, Seon-yul stumbled on a crack in the ground and fell to the ground. 

She laid in the middle of the road, not wanting to get up. At that moment, Seon-yul wondered if everything will get better if she just died. Before Seon-yul can get up, she heard the sound of a car engine. Startled, Seon-yul tried to stand up, before she could do so, the head lights of the car raced towards her at an alarming speed. She tried to scream, but no sound came out, then everything went black.

 

The tires of the car screeched as it was forced to stop a few inches away from the girl’s arms. A boy quickly got out of the vehicle and hurried to the lifeless girl on the ground. He was shocked to see that it was Seon-yul who laid there. No wonder she wasn't there today... He thought as he looked at the fragile girl. Carefully, he carried her in his arms and brought her to the backseats of his luxurious car.

After helping her into a comfortable position, he studied Seon-yul's face, although he sees her every night, this is the first time he has came this close. Her face was pale, probably from shock, and there were streams of tear stains on her soft cheeks. He felt so heartbroken seeing the girl he adores like this... What could have happened? He wondered.

Not knowing what to do next, the boy decided to bring Seon-yul back to the music room in the high school where she always practices her violin. Gently buckling up the seatbelts for her, he couldn't help but put the strand of loose hair behind her ears. In the process of doing so, his fingers touched her soft pale cheeks. The boy blushed a little at the contact and went to the front of the car.

The car came to life as the engine was , it travelled down the dark street with the two young people inside. On the way to the high school, Seon-yul's consciousness began coming back. Her heavy eyelids slowly opened as she tried to make out her surroundings. Blinking a couple times, Seon-yul rubbed head as she tried to remember what had happened. Tears once again began to form in her eyes as the fog in her head cleared away.

Tracing each event, she remembered getting hit by a car... Sitting up straight in shock, she realized she is inside an unfamiliar car... Where am I? As everyone would do, Seon-yul immediately looked at the mirror above the driver. dropped a little as she saw the reflection of a handsome young boy sitting in the driver's seat, with both hands on the steering wheel, concentrating on the road in front of him. Somehow... He looked familiar to her, it's like she's seen him before.

Suddenly, his eyes met hers as he also looked in the mirror to check on the girl. A small smiled formed on his mouth as he saw that Seon-yul was okay.

"You're finally awake." He said and looked back on the road.

"Who are you? Where are we going?" Seon-yul asked, suddenly fearing a little uneasy about being in a car with a complete stranger of the opposite gender.

"I almost ran over you when you were on the ground. Right now, I'm taking you to the high school you practice violin at." He replied.

"How do you know I practice violin?" Seon-yul questioned him.

Xiumin looked away sheepishly, "hmmm... I just do..." He said after a moment of hesitation. He didn't want to tell her and give her the wrong impression about being some sort of stalker.

"That's wierd... But thanks for bringing me back though." Seon-yul thanked the boy as they arrived at their destination.

"No problem, I could drive you home if you want me to." The boy offered.

"It's okay, you knowing about this place is already creepy enough, I can't let you know where I live." Seon-yul quickly said.

"Oh, alright." He replied, feeling slightly sad about her impression of him being a creep.

"What your name?" Seon-yul asked as she opened the door.

"You can call me Xiumin." The boy said.

"My name is Seon-yul, it was nice meeting you." Seon-yul introduced and held out a hand once they were both out the car.

"Nice to meet you too." Xiumin took her hand and shaked it gently. "Are you going to practice tonight?" He asked the girl who was already leaving for the gate of the garden.

Seon-yul nodded, "yeah, I'm not sure if I can go on if I don't play tonight... Good night." She said sadly and waved.

"Would you like me as company? I want to listen to you play, and we could talk if it makes you feel better." Xiumin asked.

"I guess so... it's been a while since I had a deep conversation with anyone..." Seon-yul said weakly as she nodded.

The two walked side by side through the back garden, up the stairs of the art building and into the music room. Stepping inside, Seon-yul looked at the desk by the window, and there it was again, a little something waiting for her. She walked over delightedly and picked up cute brownie with rainbow sprinkles on top. Xiumin watched her as she happily placed it in her purse, his heart felt warm when he saw Seon-yul accepting the little gift he left for her from before.

"So, what was that?" He asked her although he had the perfect idea of what that was.

"Hm? Oh, a brownie." She replied casually.

"Brownie? How did it get there?" He asked again, trying to hide the smile that's began to spread across his face.

"I honest have no idea. Someone just leaves something there every day. And today, it's a brownie." Seon-yul answered and looked at the windows, not suspecting a thing about the boy in front of her.

"Oh, alright. You can play now." Xiumin managed to say without bursting out laughing at her cute answer.

The girl began to play, again, Moonlight Sonata was performed. This song just seemed to suit Seon-yul mood perfectly. The sad melody echoed around the empty room, Xiumin sat on a chair with his eyes closed, listening to the heartbreaking tune. 

Suddenly, the music stopped at the . Xiumin opened his eyes and looked towards Seon-yul. The scene in front of him stabbed him in the heart. Seon-yul held her violin firmly, but she was no longer able to control her emotions inside her head. Tears wet her face as the broken girl whimpered silently and cried. 

Quickly getting up, Xiumin went to her and pulled her into a hug. Patting her on the back, he asked, "What's wrong? Is there anything bothering you? You can tell me if that makes you feel better."

"X-Xiumin..." Seon-yul couldn't say anything other than his name as she choked on the tears. 

"I'm here..." Xiumin whispered as he squeezed her tighter in his arms.

"I'm afraid..." She choked out.

"Of what?" 

"Baekhyun... He might break up with me..."

"Baekhyun? Your boyfriend?" Xiumin asked, this is the first time is occurred to him that Seon-yul might already have a boy friend. His heart stung as he thought about it.

Seon-yul wiped her eyes, "I can't lose him, he is special... He is irreplaceable..." She trailed off.

Xiumin felt as if a bucket of cold water was dumped over his head, he felt defeated, if her love for Baekhyun was this strong, he wouldn't dream of breaking their bond. "So, what about him is that special?" He asked.

"I despise the riches, their spoiled personality and their arrogant actions... but Baekhyun is different, he truly cares about people around him and would do anything to make them happy. I look up to him in all sorts of ways. But, but I actually slapped him... It is all my fault... I am a terrible person... what if he won't forgive me?" Seon-yul asked and buried in her head in his chest.

Her words were as sharp as blade, it made XIumin cringe as they stabbed him in the heart. She hated the rich... If this was the case, he decided to never let her discover his background until she accepted him for who he was, not where he was from. Swallowing dryly, he patted her head, "if he truly loves you, he will forgive you." Xiumin muttered in a somewhat bitter vioce.

"But, but I slapped him... I slapped him for doing something we should have done a long time ago..." Seon-yul cried.

"Like I said, if he loves you, he'll wait for you..." Xiumin said, feeling a tiny bit unhappy talking about a love of Seon-yul's life.

"But... but..." Seon-yul couldn't finish her sentence as she completely broke down. She cried and and cried in Xiumin's arms. 

"I'm here, I'm here... Cry more, let it all out..." Xiumin comforted and petted her head. 

Deep in his mind, he was angry, not because of jealousy, not because of Seon-yul only have Baekhyun in her mind, but because of how he hurt her... how he broke her and left her alone. If it was me, I would never do anything to hurt her, I'll make her happy...