VI

Melody Of the Night [HIATUS]

 

"I thought you were free and had nothing interesting to do?" Seon-yul said

"Oh... I want to spend some time with you..." Xiumin replied.

"What?" Seon-yul asked in confusion, the atmosphere changed in the air. 

Taking a deep breath, Xiumin decided to tell her. "Seon-yul, I won't around after next month, so I kinda wanna be with you before I leave" 

"Really? Xiumin, I am also leaving next month too..."  Seon-yul said.

"Really? Well, I guess we should hang out a bit more then..." Xiumin suggested. 

"Yeah..."

After this conversation, the atmosphere in the air once again changed. The two stayed silent for a while. Then, the music of the violin began, with a sadder tune.


 

The month flew by quickly, during this time, Xiumin and Seon-yul spent time together, the discussed about music and played lots of violin and piano duets. Of course, they became close friends. The two seemed to have a lot in common.

Xiumin on the other hand, loved spending time with Seon-yul, she helps him forget all his worries and pressure, the only thing he felt when he's with her was happiness, well maybe something else too...

Seon-yul is going to leave for the music program in Seoul next week. She already had all her luggage packed up ready to go. Altough Seon-yul was looking forward to Seoul, she still couldn't forget about Baekhyun. In fact, today was their one year anniversary of being together.

Early in the morning, Seon-yul got all dressed up and pretty to meet Baekhyun. She felt happy and anxious at the same time. She called him two days ago about going over, and he agreed. Seon-yul was extrem ely relieved that they were still together after everything she did to him.

 

Walking down the quiet street in the morning, Seon-yul thought about telling Baekhyun she was leaving for Seoul. Was he going to be happy for her, or was he going to be sad? Seon-yul debated in her head before the noise of her ringing phone interrupted her thought. 

"Hello?" 

"Morning Seon-yul!" Xiumin's cheerful voice greeted.

"Good morning!" 

"Are you busy today? If not, let's go to the park, it's nice out today." 

Seon-yul glanced up at the clear blue sky and replied, "Sorry, I am going to Baekhyun's, some other time okay?"

"Awww, okay, but call me if you change your mind." Xiumin said with a disappointed tone.

"Alright, bye!" Seon-yul replied and ended the call. She smiled at the phone and thought about Xiumin. 

 

She arrived at the condo Baekhyun lived at. Fixing her hair and clothes, she suppressed the apprehensive feeling in her stomach and walked in the giant building. 

Standing in the elevator, Seon-yul stared at the glowing numbers and it slowly increased one by one. Finally, the elevator stopped at the 18th floor. Seon-yul walked out and headed for Baekhyun's unit. 

She walked down the hall and stopped in front of the door, Seon-yul suddenly had a weird feeling in her head, she ignored it and raised her hand. Hesitantly, she ringed the doorbell and waited for Baekhyun to open up.

A couple minutes later, no one answered. Seon-yul ringed the bell again, but still no one came. Confused, she twisted the doorknob, and surprisingly, it clicked open. 

Without thinking, Seon-yul stepped inside. The first thing she was greeted by was the of a female vioce. Seon-yul immediately tensed up and headed for the source of the noise. 

Standing by the closed bedroom door, she heard the sound clear and loud now. The was obviously the sound of making love.

With a shaky voice, Seon-yul called out, 

"Baekhyun, are you in there?"

As if they were ignoring Seon-yul, the sound of bed rocking and increased until one final loud moan escaped from the female's mouth and everything went silent except for the panting of the overworked couple.

"Baekhyun, open up!" Seon-yul yelled and twisted the door handle, but it was locked. 

"Alright, wait a second." A male vioce replied in annoyance and no doubt, the voice belonged to no one but her dear boy Baekhyun.

Moments later, the door was opened from the inside. Baekhyun stood there in his shorts while a half woman laid on bed with blanket covering up her private parts. 

Eyes wide in anger, Seon-yul pointed to the woman on the bed, "What were you doing with her?" She asked the obvious question. 

"Doing something I couldn't do with you." Baekhyun replied casually and turned to the woman on bed. "Kitty, go get dressed, we have company." After saying this, he shut the bedroom door and turned to Seon-yul.

"You had with that while dating me?" Seon-yul demanded.

"Yeah, care to join us next time?" Baekhyun answered.

"Go to hell." Seon-yul said through her clenched teeth as she felt her eyes watering up.

"What brings you here? Just to curse me?" Baekhyun said.

"What brings me here? Byun Baekhyun, today is our one year anniversary! I came here to celebrate and spend time with you!" Seon-yul yelled at his face.

"Calm down, if you want that, sure, I'll go get dressed and we'll go somewhere, happy?" Baekhyun replied.

"No! How can you say it so easily after betraying me for another girl?"

"Betraying you? I just had with someone that's not you, why is that so wrong?" Baekhyun asked.

"Y-you are messed up! I hate you, this is over Byun Baekhyun!" Seon-yul yelled and ran out with tears in her eyes.

"Alright then, see if I care... I was bored with you a long time ago." Baekhyun replied. Hearing his response, Seon-yul turned around in shock.

"Bored with me? How dare you talk about me like a item..."

"Face the fact, you were one of my toys, alright? If you can't give me what I desire, then what's the point of being with you?" Baekhyun said with a smirk on his flawless yet evil face.

"B-Baekhyun..." Seon-yul whispered. The man she dedicated all her love in, the man who had caressed her just a month ago... how did this happen?  

The annoyed male dragged Seon-yul out the door. "Kitty and I have more business to do, goodbye Seon-yul." Baekhyun said coldly and shut the door on the broken girl's face.

Stumbling out the condo, she went to a rock underneath a tree and sat down. Tears rolled down her face as she whimpered uncontrollably. Her heart was shattered by that cruel man. 

After sobbing for a while, Seon-yul realized that she needed someone by her side right now. So, she dialed Xiumin's number.

"Hello?" The male voice said throught the phone.

Hearing his vioce, Seon-yul couldn't help but break down once again.

"Seon-yul?" Xiumin's voice called out. 

"...Xiumin..."

"Are you okay?" The boy asked when he heard nothing but sobbing and whimpering over the phone.

"Xiumin, can I please see you right now?" Seon-yul managed to say.

"Yes, where are you right now? I'll go pick you up." Xiumin said.

"I-I'm in front of the condo by Summerset Street..." 

"Alright, I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Thank you..." 

"No problem, if that Baekhyun bastard did anything to you, I'll make sure he pays." With this said, Xiumin ended the call.

 

After parking his car by the said of the street, Xiumin walked towards the tall buildings. Scanning the surroundings for Seon-yul, he spotted a figure sitting on a rock underneath a giant tree. 

Fastening his paste, he headed to the vulnerable looking girl. 

"Seon-yul!" He called out once he was sure it was her.

Xiumin was startled when he saw the girl's tear stains and red eyes from crying. Without thinking, he ran up and hugged her tightly. 

"It's okay now... I'm here..." He whispered and patted the whimpering girl's back. 

"Xiu-Xiumin..." Seon-yul mumbled.

"Are you okay? What did Baekhyun do this time?" Xiumin asked with a worried expression and a hint of anger in his voice. 

"He slept with a girl in front of me... today was our 1 year anniversary... It turns out I was just one of his toys..." Seon-yul sobbed in his chest as she told Xiumin what had happened.

 

Again... he hurt her again... this is the second time he made her cry... He used her and broke her... how dare he... That man... 

"Baekhyun... I won't forgive him..." Xiumin hissed. 

"What's his full name?" Xiumin questioned, determined to find this man and make him pay the price.

"Byun Baekhyun..."

"Byun? Does he have anything to do with the Byun Company?" Xiumin asked.

"Yes, his dad is the president of that company and he is the heir..."

"Alright, the heir of Byun Company eh? I'll make sure he suffer, real hard..." Xiumin promised Seon-yul as a plan began to form in his head. 

For the rest of the day, Xiumin took Seon-yul to the park. He tried to cheer the miserable girl up after what she had been through. They ate  lunch at a nearby cafe. Then, he took her to the movies. Finally, once it got dark, the two strolled by the river as they chatted. Although Seon-yul had a good time, her mind was still damaged by her ex. 

Watching Seon-yul entering her house safely, Xiumin made a promise. He vowed that he'll make her forget about Baekhyun, and all the pain she's been through with that bastard.